AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parasyte

Member PictureGuy is on a distinguished road PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2016 06:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Parasyte

The first thing I noticed about Parasyte is the spelling, rather than the correct Parasite. I guess they want to be fancy.

Next comes the similarity to Midori Days, an earlier anime where a tough bad donkey kid has his right hand replaced by a cute girl who has a crush on him. (Weird romantic comedy.) But I understand the manga is older than Midori, so which came first?

Back on topic, Parasyte is the story of average nice guy Shinichi and his parasite, or syte, Migi. Migi tries to take over Shinichi’s body, but he misses the brain and has to settle for Shinichi’s arm. You know they will eventually become good buddies, but not before discovering there are other parasytes or sites. They are not a nice as Migi, who really is not that nice to begin with. These monsters devour humans and kill to survive. Shinichi decides to help save humanity, and we get a pretty good action thriller.

There is even a bit of romance as Shinichi and best girl pal Sinomi become more than just friends. But the most interesting aspect is how Shinichi and Migi begin to adopt each other’s emotions and feelings. Shinichi turns a bit colder, while Migi, who’s idea of existence is simply kill or be killed, or just survive at any cost, begins to take on Shinichi’s humanistic characteristics.

Eventually Shinichi must choose which road to follow. Once in each of the last two episodes, we get a hint of two possible alternative endings. That was interesting, as was the overall story development. Unfortunately in the last episode, things get philosophical. Nothing wrong with being philosophical, but the matter is drawn out way to long until the point is actually lost. Still we do get one last confrontation with a psycho killer and a finale which can go any number of ways.

Good artwork. Good animation. One bedroom scene. Lots of violence and blood. This is not for children.

I rate this one a 4 out of 5.

Senior Member ShrillBrute76 is on a distinguished road ShrillBrute76's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2016 11:30 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShrillBrute3271

Default Re: Parasyte

My favourite aspect of this anime was how they question the meaning of life in terms of what it means to be human over being a simple animal. They make this come to life through how shinichi struggles to dettermine what he is and what hes becoming. A lovely little cherry on top of that is how sinomi constantly asks him if he is Shinichi throughout it and how his answer slowly changes. Loved the action and gore but the strong undertone of deeper meanings is what took it a bit further for me. Would elaborate more but this is your review afterall. I give it 8.5/10

Member PictureGuy is on a distinguished road PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2016 06:21 PM
    Threads

If you liked the discussion of what it is like to be human, I would recommend Ergo Proxy. The two most human characters are the android (Auto-Rev) Pino and the monster Vincent.

Go ahead and discuss. That's why I posted the review.

Senior Member I LIEK ANIMU has a reputation beyond repute I LIEK ANIMU has a reputation beyond repute I LIEK ANIMU has a reputation beyond repute I LIEK ANIMU has a reputation beyond repute I LIEK ANIMU has a reputation beyond repute I LIEK ANIMU has a reputation beyond repute I LIEK ANIMU has a reputation beyond repute I LIEK ANIMU has a reputation beyond repute I LIEK ANIMU has a reputation beyond repute I LIEK ANIMU has a reputation beyond repute I LIEK ANIMU has a reputation beyond repute I LIEK ANIMU's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2016 01:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

Decent review! Parasyte was good.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information