AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: A question for the Americans

Senior Member mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2006 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default A question for the Americans

Okies this is completely the boredom driving this thread but...

I have a stupid question for Americans. Some other thread "American are stupid" (I think that's the name) inspired me. Seriously, I've had this question struck in my brain for a while, I want to know how many Americans know what Tim Horton's is? Have you been there?

Anyone else like to ask the Americans some stupid questions you can use this thread.
    #1 reason for Kage Bunshin no Jitsu: To clean Moku's house

SMEGMA!!!! Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2008 03:36 PM
    Threads

It was MY thread. And it was pure facts.

The three questions they asked americans that I thought were just inexcusable for them to get wrong were these:

40% of Americans do NOT know where the USA is located on the map.
    60% of Americans do NOT know what a molocule is.
    Another 60% do NOT know what DNA does.
    And 1 in 5 Americans think that the sun revolves around the Earth.

Now of course there were hundreds more but those were the ones I just thought any bum on the streets would know that.

I went to g4tv.com to ask them how many questions were asked of the Americans. 64 questions on IQ. And most Americans got less than 20 of them correct.

It's like insanity that a country so rich would be that inexperianced in education.

Maybe Bush should send some of that money towards the education system instead of sending it to buy the things we don't need from other countries.
    Like gas from Iraq.

And anyone who said I was french is a sick racist.
    I AM FROM THE USA.
    And I for one don't have anything against the french. If someone said I was you are a disgusting racists... puen dre!
    That's Latin.

Senior Member mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okkkay...dealing with some past post issues there buddy? lol *joking*

ah, thanks for the off-topicness, at least someone is posting but you didn't answer the question, do you know what Tim Horton's is--it's like our life's blood up here in the North (they lace it with crack, well I think so) I have a theory too, that every canadian has either worked at Tim Horton's or knows someone who has worked there. It's creepy.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

OMG I _LOVE_ Tim Horton's!! They have the best donuts! <33 Every time my parents go up north to visit our friends near Vancouver, I tell them to bring me some Timmy's =D

[but then, I lived in Canada for 7 or 8 years, so of course I should know]
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers
    OMG I _LOVE_ Tim Horton's!! They have the best donuts! <33 Every time my parents go up north to visit our friends near Vancouver, I tell them to bring me some Timmy's =D

[but then, I lived in Canada for 7 or 8 years, so of course I should know]
    THeir dounuts are the best..oh! and Iced caps...*drool* I think I'll go after work and get one now. Funny point too, my college had a fully working timmies in it--the line was SO long every morning but we would all have DIED without.

Maybe I should change the name of this thread to Tim Hortons...might get more attention..what'ya think?

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

ok,so i have a question for all the NON-americans....whats the big deal with america anyway? ive seen several threads about america whether it be good things or bad...whats wrong with china? or south america? (just trying to spread some worldly love) lol

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

SMEGMA!!!! Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2008 03:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi
    ok,so i have a question for all the NON-americans....whats the big deal with america anyway? ive seen several threads about america whether it be good things or bad...whats wrong with china? or south america? (just trying to spread some worldly love) lol
    China is communists.

South America is not a country at all.

lol

So they all have problems.

But America was a real rich, respected country and now we are losing money, all thanks to bush, and our old friends, the French, are hating on us!

Whats up with that?

Stronger Beyond Belief Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

america is just america
    Sometimes The Minute You Give Up On Everything Somebody Shows Up And Cheers You Up Right Before Your Very Eyes It Happened To Me And He Knows Who He Is I Hope.

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2009 01:18 PM
    Threads

well its all media and poletics that give diffrent images, for example im an muslim arab now you may not know but there are people who blinded by bad images which make us look bad, and this seprate people before they know each other and thats all because of governments who want power some do with democracy, or its republic but it is dictatory really so they well abuse the power.
    i am daron devil I Defy heaven and hell.

check this out to play a cool game
    http://keitaru-san.mybrute.com
    it is sweet

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...20#post1994520
    you like what you see? then contact me cuz i am taking request 1 AT TIME!

Senior Member -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2011 06:43 PM
    Threads

nope
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnaku

The three questions they asked americans that I thought were just inexcusable for them to get wrong were these:

Now of course there were hundreds more but those were the ones I just thought any bum on the streets would know that.

I went to g4tv.com to ask them how many questions were asked of the Americans. 64 questions on IQ. And most Americans got less than 20 of them correct.

It's like insanity that a country so rich would be that inexperianced in education.

Maybe Bush should send some of that money towards the education system instead of sending it to buy the things we don't need from other countries.
    Like gas from Iraq.

I AM FROM THE USA.
    And I for one don't have anything against the french. If someone said I was you are a disgusting racists... puen dre!
    That's Latin.
    *hits him on the head* stop insulting the USA.

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hahahaha

it is sweet

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2006 10:07 PM
    Threads

0.o Why does it matter if we know what Tim Horton's is. No offense, but since I don't know how great they are I can't really understand the excitement.

And honestly, the 1 in 5 Americans that think the Sun revolves around the Earth is because they think everything revolves around America. Yes, I am American, but trust me, if you know me at all, you know I'm one of the smart, over working ones. And yeah, I'll admit, America is unbelievably stupid, and it makes me want to pretend I'm not American quite a bit. But the whole IQ thing is sad, I know I got above average, just not sure what, though everyone at my school knows me as the quiet, smart, nice, creepy, ugly girl, and in that way, also. That's life with idiots and morons for you.

Dance with me. BrittyBott is a splendid one to behold BrittyBott is a splendid one to behold BrittyBott is a splendid one to behold BrittyBott is a splendid one to behold BrittyBott is a splendid one to behold BrittyBott is a splendid one to behold BrittyBott is a splendid one to behold BrittyBott's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2007 02:40 PM
    Threads

Leave we unintelligent folks alone.

'I want to know how many Americans know what Tim Horton's is? Have you been there?'

Never heard of it, darling. So, no, never been there.
    Honey, how you gonna make it on your own? When you wake up in the night,
    And see the stars just city lights,
    And you can't find home?

A.R.S.F. Team #7 Leader m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2005 03:58 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi
    Becuase we actually do something that why, now I am not trying to bash any other countries out there. But I am gonna say this, alot of other countries dont 'like' the United States becuase we go out and stick our nose into everyone's business. When we do that, they got all mad and say its not our problem, that we should go back to our McDonalds and have another Big Mac, that we should go and watch our reality TV shows and so on so fourth.

So I am gonna take a few idea's from Mr Robbin Williams here, we should just...pull out, take all our troops and just leave. All of our emergancy aid that we give to third world countries, take it back and just waive goodbye. Essentially pull all American assests back into the US, And never bug them again, I bet you within a month, half the globe will be b!tching becuase now we arent doing anything. We should also stop buying oil from Saudi Arabia, and all other countries for that matter. Start drilling Alaska, and making our own damd oil. Then after about a year, go back to those countries that are going bankrupt becuase we are no longer their oil, and their stock piles are so full they have to shut down production, causing the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs over there. And give them an offer of $10 a barrel, if they dont take it...too bad, we just go back to drilling our own.

Whats my point? No matter what we as Americans do, everyone will always hate us...why? Just becuase, they really dont have any set reasons. They just need someone to complaine about when stuff for them dosent go right. This also explains while our oil prices are so damd high, its only $68 dolors a gallon becuase pretty much everyone in the oil producing nations has some kind of an issue with us. So they jack up our prices for no damd reason and say its all OPEC's fault. I have said all I need to say, man how I have needed to get that out of my system.

The One I Love Very Much: Chibi-chan

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

m1abrams, I have something to say to what you say. Although, what you have said is true, you have displayed why other countries hate us. Do you not see your stubbornness? Maybe we are helping people, but the way we act, it doesn't help.

Btw, my dear god, please take spelling classes, btw, I'd be careful about cover-up swearing, you're not even supposed to do that.

BtwBtw, about all this American fighting, you do realize that you can fight about it all you want, but everyone is completely different in America, and not of the same race. I mean, I'm Italian, Irish, German, two types of Indian, Cuban, and god only knows there's more there that I don't know about. So you see, what does it matter? Every where you do there will be stupid people, and you should just deal with it, because that's life.
    Last edited by shi_amai; 09-06-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

mokulen only asked a question and only couple of people answered him comon.

it is sweet

The weasel God sjřpřlse has a brilliant future sjřpřlse has a brilliant future sjřpřlse has a brilliant future sjřpřlse has a brilliant future sjřpřlse has a brilliant future sjřpřlse has a brilliant future sjřpřlse has a brilliant future sjřpřlse has a brilliant future sjřpřlse has a brilliant future sjřpřlse has a brilliant future sjřpřlse has a brilliant future sjřpřlse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 08:26 PM
    Threads

This seems to become more and more like a thread that has already existed, known as "wut do u tink bout america" or something similar. And I shall give a similar answer as I gave in the previous thread.

There -is- some hatred towards the USA (no, it's not the only country in America), hatred which I find to be totally stupid. However, you can't deny that there's something wrong (there's something "wrong" everwhere, anyways). I believe, though, that this anger is more caused by the USA's widely spread ethnocentrism and somewhat dubious national and internation politics rather than by a pure dislike of people. The other thing that drags some grudge upon the USA is that, for instance, that "mondialization" everyone is talking about is pretty much "americanization"; their economical power boosts their cultural exposure, whilst it also hides or prevents from blooming other cultures.

Second off, about the USA's "stupidity": Yes, some people are ignorant. Yes, those statistics given makes me want to laugh my pancreas off. And yes, education should be more developed, differently; but that's a commonplace situation. I think the problem about the USA's lack of culture is rather, although it might sound paradoxal, because of it's overwhelming culture. You get bombed by pre-chewed music, opinions, books, shows, mixed all with factual or serious information, without any discrimination made between them. Drown by their own culture (that being also what builds up some ethnocentrism), people forget to develop one very essential thing, critical sense (not all, of course). And that lack of critical sense is, in my opinion, probably the biggest flaw of the USA.

- Besides, I live in Canada, I do know Tim Horton's and I still don't go.
    Last edited by sjřpřlse; 09-06-2005 at 06:23 PM. Reason: forgot a key word in a sentence
    -I have an hangover and two liters of coffee in the body: I'm at the top of my efficiency.-
    If I love trains it is probably because they go faster than burials.
    The best thing about weasels is that they don't turn into pickles when they are you.

A.R.S.F. Team #7 Leader m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2005 03:58 PM
    Threads

i
    Quote Originally Posted by shi_amai
    m1abrams, I have something to say to what you say. Although, what you have said is true, you have displayed why other countries hate us. Do you not see your stubbornness? Maybe we are helping people, but the way we act, it doesn't help.

Btw, my dear god, please take spelling classes, btw, I'd be careful about cover-up swearing, you're not even supposed to do that.

BtwBtw, about all this American fighting, you do realize that you can fight about it all you want, but everyone is completely different in America, and not of the same race. I mean, I'm Italian, Irish, German, two types of Indian, Cuban, and god only knows there's more there that I don't know about. So you see, what does it matter? Every where you do there will be stupid people, and you should just deal with it, because that's life.
    Sorry about some of the swearing, but I use it to get my point across. I have been a writer for quite a few years now, and I notice that if swear words, or words that stand out alot are used. People pay more attention to what I am writting and what I have to say. I rarely do that on the forums, but sometimes it slips out. And oh as for the spelling, I have always sucked at spelling, but atleast I am better than some other people.

EDIT: And oh about me being stuborn, yeah I know, get it from my father side of the family.
    Last edited by m1abrams; 09-06-2005 at 05:48 PM.

The One I Love Very Much: Chibi-chan

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

dandy-chan do you speak french?

Tomorrow, it is like today, but with an orthography different

it is sweet

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by m1abrams
    i
    Sorry about some of the swearing, but I use it to get my point across. I have been a writer for quite a few years now, and I notice that if swear words, or words that stand out alot are used. People pay more attention to what I am writting and what I have to say. I rarely do that on the forums, but sometimes it slips out. And oh as for the spelling, I have always sucked at spelling, but atleast I am better than some other people.

EDIT: And oh about me being stuborn, yeah I know, get it from my father side of the family.
    Atleast you'll admit it, then it's all okay. But yeah, it's sad that people are attracted to swearing. It really makes you wonder. And yes, I can't pick too much on your spelling, as I have seen people who cannot spell the word this... truly sad... and a sophmore in Highschool even more so.
    Last edited by shi_amai; 09-06-2005 at 07:58 PM.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by dandy-chan
    - Besides, I live in Canada, I do know Tim Horton's and I still don't go.
    Heathen! D:<
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Master of Jinchuu Himura Enishi is on a distinguished road Himura Enishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2005 02:04 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

And yes, I can't pink too much on your spelling, as I have seen people who cannot spell the word this... truly sad... and a sophmore in Highschool even more so.
    Can anyone else catch the error in this sentence? =) Double check what you write before grading others

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Himura Enishi
    Can anyone else catch the error in this sentence? =) Double check what you write before grading others
    Excuse me Mr. ... Okay... I'm not even going to say it. But what I did was type too fast and made an error, but what I was talking about was actually spelling errors, that they thought they were right about, or hoped they were, were as I know what pick and pink is, thanks,[removed], but I think I know what I'm talking about. Buh bye now.
    Last edited by Kewii; 09-07-2005 at 07:24 AM.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnaku

Like gas from Iraq.

I AM FROM THE USA.
    That's Latin.
    Ok fellow Americans...let me ask you this.

How many of you have taken said survey?
    Now... How many of you know someone who's taken said survey?

I don't think they asked every single person in the united states these questions, i know i wasn't asked, nor was anyone i know. You have yet to provide a link to the articale either. As 19th said in the other thread...where is your proof.
    Honestly now, how can you judge the intelligence of an entire nation on something as useless as a survey.

Closed Thread

Thread Information