AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most Original Game

Senior Member Thunder22 is infamous around these parts Thunder22 is infamous around these parts Thunder22 is infamous around these parts Thunder22 is infamous around these parts Thunder22 is infamous around these parts Thunder22 is infamous around these parts Thunder22 is infamous around these parts Thunder22 is infamous around these parts Thunder22 is infamous around these parts Thunder22 is infamous around these parts Thunder22 is infamous around these parts Thunder22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2006 02:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Pong is a very original game
    I need so reps

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Axeit
    Pong- repetitive gameplay and the first of its kind.
    Wrong, the first video game ever made was space war. The cabinets for the game are crazy. It's funny pretty much no one has ever heard of this game, but make no mistake it was the first video game. You should see the computer it was made on, it was as big as a room.
    the most oringinal game ive ever played wuz the old,old mario game for the nintendo
    It's one of them that's for sure, platformers would not be what they are without this game. Hell we might not even have games anymore. Since mario was a huge player in bringing back the industry from deaths throes.
    Blockbuster
    I've never heard of that game, mind posting a link? Or did you just get the name wrong.
    VIB-RIBBON
    The fact the west never got this still pisses me off.

Gitaroo-man, Yana Callablista City Skater, Stretch Panic, Sweet Home and Monster Rancher. You've seen games attempt to use what they have, or you've never heard of them.
    Yeah they are original but how many of them are actually fun? And wasn't monster rancher that pokem esc dungeon crawler? If it's the game I'm thinking of it's hardly original.

Some great and original games no one mentioned are nights in to dreams,one of the greatest games EVER made, worth buying a saturn just to play it. Nothing like this game was ever made and it plays better than ever. Plus it was the first game to use a true 3-d controller. Rez was a fusion of panzer dragoon (another great and original game) and vector graphics and music. The final results are stunning, worth every penny if you can find it. I have been very partial to donkey kong jungle beat, I mean no other platformer has a musical instrument as its controller. I could go on forever, but these are some of my personal favorites.
    Last edited by Darth Tyranus; 12-09-2005 at 02:17 PM.

Junior Member RxP13 can only hope to improve RxP13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2008 11:58 PM
    Threads

IQ [Intelligent Cube]was a really cool game. It was for the PSone and you played as this dude who walked around on a grid, and these cubes kept on rolling around, and you had to surivive without being Crushed.

"I don't care if she is a dream, for atleast in this dream she gives me a place to belong."

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I remember that game, it's pretty rare now actually. It was a cool game to be sure wish I could find a copy.

Senior Member *guy is infamous around these parts *guy is infamous around these parts *guy is infamous around these parts *guy is infamous around these parts *guy is infamous around these parts *guy is infamous around these parts *guy is infamous around these parts *guy is infamous around these parts *guy is infamous around these parts *guy is infamous around these parts *guy is infamous around these parts *guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2005 09:54 PM
    Threads

Ms. PACMAN
    KAKASHI RULZ

死神 Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2009 02:22 PM
    Threads

Think Fable would be one...first RPG, I think that allows you to choose to be either good or evil.
    My Youtube Page
    A touhou fan. Yay for Danmaku.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyuko
    Think Fable would be one...first RPG, I think that allows you to choose to be either good or evil.
    Hardly, it has been used many times over. I mean coem ont hough knights of the old republic came out like a year before it and you coud do the same thing. Not that kotor was the first game to ever do that but still, pretty hard to not notice.

死神 Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2009 02:22 PM
    Threads

Really?Getting forgetful....
    My Youtube Page
    A touhou fan. Yay for Danmaku.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Holy typo batman! My last post was horrible, got to watch out for that.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

ICO was fun and relatively unique.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Kakashi's FAV Kitty!! kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2009 11:41 PM
    Threads

i agree with pong because it was the first o its kind and a start to cool new games

S.i.g. M.a.d.e B.y M.e

Blacklist #1 Razor Clarence will become famous soon enough Razor Clarence will become famous soon enough Razor Clarence's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2006 09:57 AM
    Threads

Need For Speed. Probley the first game that invented street racing.
    Are you good enough to survive the streets of Rockport and evade the cops?

Senior Member Keo lord archer is infamous around these parts Keo lord archer is infamous around these parts Keo lord archer is infamous around these parts Keo lord archer is infamous around these parts Keo lord archer is infamous around these parts Keo lord archer is infamous around these parts Keo lord archer is infamous around these parts Keo lord archer is infamous around these parts Keo lord archer is infamous around these parts Keo lord archer is infamous around these parts Keo lord archer is infamous around these parts Keo lord archer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2006 11:30 AM
    Threads

magic the gathering battle grounds and kingdom hearts

The Scarlet Letterman Puffy Mushroom is a jewel in the rough Puffy Mushroom is a jewel in the rough Puffy Mushroom is a jewel in the rough Puffy Mushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2006 07:32 PM
    Threads

I see we have some nice healthy debate going on... healthy bordering on nitpicking... ^^ Just keep in mind that it's an opinion thread, not an absolute, defining, let's-submit-this-to-some-official-organization-that-keeps-track-of-these-things rating thread. Hahaha, listen to me, I sound like a moderator. I'll shut up and get back to the topic now.

Now, the most original game I've ever played has got to be Star Ocean: The Second Story for Playstation. Here's why:
    The Story. Okay, so the story wasn't exactly original... some would say it was rather formulaic: Boy gets marooned on strange planet, boy meets girl on said planet, they go off on a quest to find out about this evil that's plaguing their world, but it turns out to be something totally different, and a bunch of crazy stuff happens. Yes, you could use the same summary to describe at least 10 other games, I'm sure. But despite what anyone says, I *like* the story in this game. The few twists it had, while not totally unexpected, were enough to keep me entertained.
    The Battle System. Okay, here we go. SO2 was the first RPG I ever played that had real-time, free movement during battle, in a 3D arena. Your standard long-range/short-range/midair attacks, plus Killer Moves for the fighters (some of which were soooooooooo awesome... Claude's Ripper Blast or Dias' Air Slash come to mind), and spells for the mages. I liked the fact that you could immediately link a Killer Move to a normal attack, but the fact that you could only set 2 KMs at once was sort of a drawback. The spellcasters, though, had no such restrictions. You could use whichever spell you wanted, and have them start casting it right away. The battle would only pause for the spell's animation (something REALLY annoying for the longer spells... why didn't they have an option for turning off spell animations?). And the AI was not too bad either, although sometimes your characters would get stuck in weird loops. Oh well, overall, the best battle system I've ever used.
    The Skill System. In my mind, this is what makes SO2 *REALLY* stand out. The skill system in this game is massive. The skills are divided into four categories, with three levels each. You must purchase skill sets for your party before you can use them. When you level up, you get skill points, which you can allocate to whatever skills you want. Some of the skills increase your stats, some are used purely for item creation. The best thing is that you control the direction your character progresses. Want your fighters to be better at customizing their weapons? Do it. Want your whole party to focus on blacksmithing better weapons and armor? Go ahead. Which brings me to a related topic...
    The Item Creation System. When you gain levels in certain combinations of skills, you unlock Specialties, otherwise known as item creation feats. These include such things as Alchemy, Cooking, Machinery, Compounding, Musical Talent, Identify, and many others. These alone would be great enough, because you can buy the raw materials to make some truly awesome items. But even better, when enough of your party members attain enough levels in certain Specialties, you unlock Super Specialties. These are item creation feats in which your whole party gets together to create or modify items; they include Blacksmith, Orchestra, Reverse Side (basically, counterfeiting), Come On Bunny (calls a giant bunny to ride around on), and others. The true majesty of SO2 is not realized until you learn to master the skill system and item creation.

For these, and many other reasons that become apparent when you play the game, I choose Star Ocean: The Second Story as my Most Original Game.
    Hello, all you boys and girls,
    I'd like to take you to the inside world.
    It's quite an irregular place to be,
    But never fear, you're safe with me.

...Well, maybe.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, I pulled my GC out of the closet today just for kicks and I have to change my last thought. Picmin is definitaly the most original game I've ever played. And it's oddly ammusing to throw all the little picmin directly into the one monster things mouth. Heh, I was half out of picmin before I realized he was actually catching them in his mouth...

Essence of Sarcasm paine_within has a spectacular aura about paine_within has a spectacular aura about paine_within's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2006 02:43 PM
    Somewhere deep inside my dark mind huddled up playing video games and watching anime.
    Threads

Hmm....I think the most original game I've ever played is Harvest Moon....I mean.....It's a game...that's about...farming....O.o.....

Kingdom Hearts is only original to me because it had Disney....and Final Fantasy...put together, in the same game...

Dual Hearts was original even though it was a piece of crap. The story was original that's all...oh and the side kick pig type thing you get.

Dark Cloud I think was original. Mainly because of how you could rebuild the areas any way you wanted. Though it's most probably not the first to do so.

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

After much thought, I'd have to say Syndicate for the Amiga.....well not most original, but it was original at the time.

....unless something like it came out before Bullfrog made it.

*EDIT* Oops, forgot to say why I think it's original...

The aim of Syndicate is to help the corporation you're working for control the world by taking over every territory on the world map. To help you with this task, you are initialy given 8 cyborgs, a team of R&D scientists dedicated to bringing you weapons and tools to help you (...well if you pay them enough that is), and 150,000 credits.

When you've decided on your name and the name of your corp (the manual sugests EuroCorp), you are faced with the map screen. From the map screen you can choose which territory you want to try and take over next, change the taxes for any territories you currently have control over (which brings in money for you to use), and check what corps own which territories.

After choosing the next territory to take over, you get taken to the briefing room, where you get to read up on the mission requirements needed to take over that territory and look at a small map. At this screen, you can buy an enhanced map of the area and buy extra intel which helps you in the mission.

After choosing to accept the mission, you get sent to the preparation screen, when you get to kit up your agents, change the agents around, add modifications to your agents, and getting your R&D team to research and design new weapons/tools and upgrades for your agents. After this you go on to missions.

Missions take the form of an almost top down view of the area you are in. You have to take control of your agents, otherwise your agents will be about as braindead as a corpse. To change this when they're attacked however, there is a chip installed in to each agents brain that can inject three drugs in to their body. You control how much is injected, and each one affects a different thing - inteligence, reactions, and speed.

Your agents arn't invincible though, so you will need more later. In order to get more, you will need to persuade enemy agents to join your cause by using something called a Persuadatron. In order to do this though, you will need to have the right amount of Persuade points, which gets lowered depending on your brain level.

And thats why I think Syndicate is original
    Last edited by Storm Strife; 12-19-2005 at 07:35 AM.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

The Real Suga' Baby Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2021 10:39 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I think Kingdom Hearts is the most original game because it combines Disney characters and Final Fantasy characters; two totally different things. I <3 Kingdom Hearts

美しい夢みる人

Senior Member CrazedInuyashafan12 will become famous soon enough CrazedInuyashafan12's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2006 08:06 PM
    Threads

Starcaft, no other game like it.
    Friends: battlecherry, lord_sesshomaru_15, giantevilbunnie,

http://progamerzxl.proboards92.com/index.cgi

SMEGMA!!!! Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2008 03:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Chibimoon
    I think Kingdom Hearts is the most original game because it combines Disney characters and Final Fantasy characters; two totally different things. I <3 Kingdom Hearts
    Wow, thanks for bumping my thread.

Disney = Sucks
    Final Fantasy = Great
    Combined = Very, very average game.

Any hardcore gamer and anime guru will tell you that this was one of the biggest marketing failures any human could come up with. And I will too.

Now, I think that Shadow of the Collossus was one of the most originol games I've ever played in my life.
    Why?
    It had a very intuitive story, even though there wasn't one. Plus the combat with the colossusis... collosis? collosi? Bog things! Was also special! But the game offers no replay value whatsoever, once you beat it, you've beat it for good. It's just no fun doing it all over again, you already know how to kill the giants. But still! It was fun and originol. 'Nuff said.

Senior Member anime OG is infamous around these parts anime OG is infamous around these parts anime OG is infamous around these parts anime OG is infamous around these parts anime OG is infamous around these parts anime OG's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2007 10:30 PM
    Threads

i ain't old but my brothers, who played old school games before I was born made me old school gamer sometimes too!!!! I loved playing Duck Hunt on the First Nintendo or Galactica on Ataria!!!!!! Srry if I spelled the ataria or Galactica wrong!!!!
    my famliy Lorie, anime 911, Guilty Gear, blackfuse81, Jiraiya, animeglobe

Member demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2006 12:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by red storm
    What made ToS so original? The free movement system was already used in many other RPG's, some even dating back to PS1 or even the SNES!
    (I know this was a really long time ago, but I have a comment on it)
    I think they were refering to the storyline and not the battle system. I mean, it's really hard to find a original game storyline now a days and ToS has a really good one that hasn't been used before.
    There comes a time when the hidden will be discovered and everything will be known.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    This is Bunny. Copy him into your sig and help him on his way to world domination.

God of all and of nothing Pyrobrave is on a distinguished road Pyrobrave's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2007 03:31 PM
    Threads

Talking

I thought God of War was a really original game. They were one of the first to have an awesome gameplay mixed with killer music.
    Destroy them!
    You are magic!
    You are change!
    You are the cataclyst of all destruction!
    Life is death.
    Death is life!
    Manifest your will upon the tapestry of creation!
    END IT NOW!

Pyrobrave

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy Mushroom
    I see we have some nice healthy debate going on... healthy bordering on nitpicking... ^^ Just keep in mind that it's an opinion thread, not an absolute, defining, let's-submit-this-to-some-official-organization-that-keeps-track-of-these-things rating thread. Hahaha, listen to me, I sound like a moderator. I'll shut up and get back to the topic now.

Now, the most original game I've ever played has got to be Star Ocean: The Second Story for Playstation. Here's why:
    The Story. Okay, so the story wasn't exactly original... some would say it was rather formulaic: Boy gets marooned on strange planet, boy meets girl on said planet, they go off on a quest to find out about this evil that's plaguing their world, but it turns out to be something totally different, and a bunch of crazy stuff happens. Yes, you could use the same summary to describe at least 10 other games, I'm sure. But despite what anyone says, I *like* the story in this game. The few twists it had, while not totally unexpected, were enough to keep me entertained.
    The Battle System. Okay, here we go. SO2 was the first RPG I ever played that had real-time, free movement during battle, in a 3D arena. Your standard long-range/short-range/midair attacks, plus Killer Moves for the fighters (some of which were soooooooooo awesome... Claude's Ripper Blast or Dias' Air Slash come to mind), and spells for the mages. I liked the fact that you could immediately link a Killer Move to a normal attack, but the fact that you could only set 2 KMs at once was sort of a drawback. The spellcasters, though, had no such restrictions. You could use whichever spell you wanted, and have them start casting it right away. The battle would only pause for the spell's animation (something REALLY annoying for the longer spells... why didn't they have an option for turning off spell animations?). And the AI was not too bad either, although sometimes your characters would get stuck in weird loops. Oh well, overall, the best battle system I've ever used.
    The Skill System. In my mind, this is what makes SO2 *REALLY* stand out. The skill system in this game is massive. The skills are divided into four categories, with three levels each. You must purchase skill sets for your party before you can use them. When you level up, you get skill points, which you can allocate to whatever skills you want. Some of the skills increase your stats, some are used purely for item creation. The best thing is that you control the direction your character progresses. Want your fighters to be better at customizing their weapons? Do it. Want your whole party to focus on blacksmithing better weapons and armor? Go ahead. Which brings me to a related topic...
    The Item Creation System. When you gain levels in certain combinations of skills, you unlock Specialties, otherwise known as item creation feats. These include such things as Alchemy, Cooking, Machinery, Compounding, Musical Talent, Identify, and many others. These alone would be great enough, because you can buy the raw materials to make some truly awesome items. But even better, when enough of your party members attain enough levels in certain Specialties, you unlock Super Specialties. These are item creation feats in which your whole party gets together to create or modify items; they include Blacksmith, Orchestra, Reverse Side (basically, counterfeiting), Come On Bunny (calls a giant bunny to ride around on), and others. The true majesty of SO2 is not realized until you learn to master the skill system and item creation.

For these, and many other reasons that become apparent when you play the game, I choose Star Ocean: The Second Story as my Most Original Game.
    wow...i couldn't of said it better myself. Amen to that!

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Banned Forum / Chat nintendo/zelda=isTHEbest is an unknown quantity at this point nintendo/zelda=isTHEbest's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2006 11:55 PM
    Threads

zelda because of the storyline and the coolness..

Closed Thread

Thread Information