AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Too much attention.

SMEGMA!!!! Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2008 03:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Too much attention.

Does anyone else think that violance in video games is just given too much attention?

Everyone saying that its 'Making the kids of today more violant.'

I in no way believe that it causes violence in reality and those stupid senators are just bored cuz they didnt have anything to make them violant in their days.

Dumb senators, they need shot.

Stronger Beyond Belief Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

honestly not really the violence is one of the things that make games fun
    Sometimes The Minute You Give Up On Everything Somebody Shows Up And Cheers You Up Right Before Your Very Eyes It Happened To Me And He Knows Who He Is I Hope.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Parents blame bad behavior on video games because they can't admit that they aren't keeping track of their kids, and don't explain what the difference between reality and fantasy. Really ...

I play video games, and I don't run around like a maniac around my neighborhood with a chainsaw screaming like a lunatic ... or hiding behind trees in my back yard dressed like a ninja with a steak knife. XD ... kids should be able to tell the difference between the way reality works and the way fantasy works. And if they can't, they shouldn't be playing the game. It's the parent's fault for not teaching their child the difference between fantasy and reality. <3

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Well they are all complete retards, games have age ratings for a reason, and if a parent allows her child to go out and purchase Grand Theft Auto for example than the parent is as much to blame than the Child, even more so to the shop staff for actually selling it without checking the person in questions age. Games don't tell you to do things, they are just a form of interactive entertainment... i repeat, games don't have age ratings for nothing.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Junior Member Hyuuga_Neji is on a distinguished road Hyuuga_Neji's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2005 12:44 PM
    Threads

The senators have a point. O.o;

Games are getting more violent.

>.>

I love video games, but maybe they're taking it a little too seriously...

<.<

Oh well. Makes me laugh. I wanna see what the world would be like without videogames.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My question is how much more violence is there withing the last 10 years than there has been in the past?

I think the main influence of violence is still money/narcotics/alchohol/bad parenting, and the idiot public wants to blame something that they can influence.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yay! You can do all that stuff in, Narc, for the Xbox/Ps2. ^_^

Senior Member Naruto711 is infamous around these parts Naruto711 is infamous around these parts Naruto711 is infamous around these parts Naruto711 is infamous around these parts Naruto711's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2006 11:30 AM
    Threads

they can go screw them selves. video games rock. they teach u how to bust caps. that my be bad for u but its a good thing for me to know. i live in a kinda rough neighbor hood

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

o.O; How does a game like GTA teach a lesson like that? If you get shot you don't lose like, 10 Health Points. You get shot, you're dead. o.O; But hey, you do what you want.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga_Neji
    If you get shot you don't lose like, 10 Health Points.
    Yeah, and that's what it's like in alot of games. ^^;; .. really, your car can crash and burst into flames while you're still in it, and you'd lose maybe 1/3 of your health. Ha, that's not what it's like in the real world. X_x

I don't see how a video game can teach you how to shoot people. Unless you're playing a game like Duck Hunt.. =P .. that game is educational. XD ... holding a gun is different than holding a PS2 controller.

Biiiingo! Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Octopus Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2015 08:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think its justified to a certain extent. The senators have to keep in mind that not all parents will do their job in keeping their children aware of the difference between games and actual violence. By giving it some attention nationwide it should help in showing parents that video games are something that needs to be discussed with their children to prevent anything serious from happening.

Not sure if this made sense ... x_x;

Make your voice heard! Vote Kyo for Trash Bin Moderator.

Member The Awakening is an unknown quantity at this point The Awakening's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2005 03:35 PM
    Threads

They are taking reality into video games way too far.

They think that because a game has realistic physics like in grand theft auto. All realistic cars, guns, POEPLE, and all that it is not going to make things happen in real life.

Senators just think that kids believe 'If it happened in this game I can do it in real life.'

Ya know what? That's calling kids stupid. They are waaay smarter than to go jump in a car and run over like 40 people. Or pick up a sword and go chop heads off. Kids know better, and the senators just don't want to believe it. They are basically calling kids stupid morons who dont know the difference between life and a game.

The senators are the stupid morons here.

Boosh Master General pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2010 01:21 PM
    Threads

I think it does. It's not the video games fault that the parents brought their children up wrong. Also I doubt that anyone that is so ignorant that they take video games seriously.

Closed Thread

Thread Information