AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh - Official discussion thread

Servant Of The Darkness ChangeOfHeart is on a distinguished road ChangeOfHeart's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2006 01:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Bad dueling?! WTF are you talking about? (Are you talking about the same character as I'm thinking off)

He kicked an Obelisk Blue student's ***. (episode 56) Then his brother loses. Typ.

Sho is very self conscious at the begining of the series, so sees given up as a way out, people do that, like people who want to end their life.

Sho and Manjyome add some much need hormones into the programme, which largely ignores hormones and how people how can react to each other.

You make me what to stand up
    Scream I want to be free
    F-Hole By Soil

Junior Member ToboeWolf is on a distinguished road ToboeWolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2006 02:14 PM
    Threads

I don't think I saw ep. 56. The only episodes I saw Sho dueling was the one with the stealing of Yugi's deck and that other one. Which I forgot ^_^'.

Servant Of The Darkness ChangeOfHeart is on a distinguished road ChangeOfHeart's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Don't judge before you see every episode.

Scream I want to be free
    F-Hole By Soil

TAWIM's KinKiEst buddy :3 Vincent Valentine is a jewel in the rough Vincent Valentine is a jewel in the rough Vincent Valentine is a jewel in the rough Vincent Valentine is a jewel in the rough Vincent Valentine's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2006 10:08 PM
    Threads

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ChangeOfHeart
    Don't judge before you see every episode.
    I agree. Since I've never been a supporter of edited Japanese animation, I managed to get hold of some original Japanese DVD sets of Yu-Gi-Oh! King of Games. With English subs, of course.

The original series is a lot better than the American version, and this has obviously been a point of discussion earlier in this topic, I bet. However, there are episodes... as you'll find with all Japanese animation, that can be rather irrelevant filler.

This happens with every series, not to mention countless flashbacks to save on animation budget, and entire episodes filled with previous footage as a character remembers certain events throughout the series. Yu-Gi-Oh! is no different, however, there's a lot of tense action, shocking strategies and cute guys and girls to keep the average animation fan entertained.

Later on, the series goes absolutely crazy... forgive me if I get this wrong, hardcore fans... but there's some plot about a character called Dartz who is somehow involved with the ancient city of Atlantis! - I've only started watching recently, so I'm still back at the Battle Island Arc in Japanese, but the series seems to pick up strength as it goes along. And all this, about some damn card game.

Anyone with this much imagination must either be insane, or a genius. I also happen to like the character of Pegasus J. Crawford. His Japanese/Engrish accent is hilarious, as his character happens to be from America in the story. He often delivers strange lines like, "OH, NOH~" and also, likes to refer to the main male heroes as "Boy." - Which, I believe he does in the American version, but this is way funnier.

I'd recommend more people give it a chance. And of course, if you watch it from the first episode, you'll have a better understanding of how certain events have lead from the past, and so forth. The whole plot about Ancient Egypt is a lot more advanced than most people would be lead to believe. There's a lot of epic moments, especially involving the "Other Yugi."

Oh. And people do die in it, yeah. There's some hot action scenes. I'd also recommend people pick up the original manga, before the whole element of cards came into the storyline heavily. When it began, it was simply a series about various games... such as board-games, RPG's, games of chance and so forth. The story would usually follow Yugi and his friends getting into fights with local High-School Punks/Yankii, and Yugi teaching them a lesson.

There was a crazy moment in which Yugi sets some escaped convict alight with a bottle of Vodka and a Zippo Lighter. The original manga is uber-violent, Hell yeah~! <3

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Some of the last bit you're describing can be seen in the Series 1/0. Yu-Gi-Oh A Shadow Game. Janime.info has a link to where you can buy that series.

Very well put

Scream I want to be free
    F-Hole By Soil

TAWIM's KinKiEst buddy :3 Vincent Valentine is a jewel in the rough Vincent Valentine is a jewel in the rough Vincent Valentine is a jewel in the rough Vincent Valentine is a jewel in the rough Vincent Valentine's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2006 10:08 PM
    Threads

Thumbs down

Some of the last bit you're describing can be seen in the Series 1/0. Yu-Gi-Oh A Shadow Game. Janime.info has a link to where you can buy that series.

Very well put
    "A Shadow Game" is awesome. I really need to own that, someday. The opening theme is really good, too... and as I understand, that series was also as dark as the original manga, right?

I get the feeling that most people dislike the series due to the awful American version. Despite keeping all those themes about the Heart of the Cards, they made it into something cheap and tawdry. Plus, the opening theme was awful.

Over there in the States, didn't they release the series uncut, or something? - I heard mention of it a while ago, I'm sure.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Like I said Janime.info have a link to where you can buy it.
    The manga is still darker than that series, from what I've heard
    They did release a few uncut I think

Scream I want to be free
    F-Hole By Soil

Senior Member choasking has a spectacular aura about choasking has a spectacular aura about choasking has a spectacular aura about choasking's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2009 08:29 PM
    Threads

hmm nice Ravel, Uria and Hamon are these the new yu gi oh monster they sure look better than the eyptian god card's. o yeah i ply the yu gi oh card game too i hav a

Beat Down Banned deck
    Burn Deck
    Wind Deck
    Fire Deck (Made it b4 it came out)
    Ritual Deck
    Beat Down Deck Not Banned

Thank's Nespa for the signature!

Member Mizuhara Chiyo will become famous soon enough Mizuhara Chiyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2007 09:16 PM
    Threads

Like I said Janime.info have a link to where you can buy it.
    The manga is still darker than that series, from what I've heard
    They did release a few uncut I think
    Where I live at (Maryland) I can get uncut Japanese Yugioh DVD at a Sam Goody's Video Store but at this point it's way too expensive. I get the manga and the first 7 volumns are very gritty and the Duelist Kingdom Story is very different from the what I've read of the differences in the Japanese anime. I think the American version is worth the time only in that I makes people like me interested in finding out what the original version is like.

On a side note, I've watched Yugioh GX and wish they would take it off the air as there is NO Yugioh and we've seen Yugi (so far and only half of him) only once. I'm not the only one who feels this way; my two Godchildren want Yugi and the Pharoah back too.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No Yu-Gi-Oh in it? The American version incorrectly call Yami No Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh. Yu-Gi-Oh means King Of Games.

Yu-Gi-Oh is used to Genex, because that's the title Judai (or Jaden in the dub) is aiming for.

For Yugi and The Pharaoh being in.
    1. Atem(u)/The Pharaoh has gone to the afterlife, after he finally fufilled what he needed to do (Which was the defeat Zork or Yami No Bakura and save the world from destruction.
    2. Yugi's story is finished, Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters had finished. Yugi was no longer needed since Atem(u) had destroyed the very evil that he had sacrificed himself for 3000 years before.

To bring Yugi in as a main role in Genex, would doom the character development for the new cast, the only time Yugi could possibly play a useful role to dueling development in Genex is at the end. (Which I predict to be a Yugi Vs Judai duel)

Every series has characters to fufil what it wants to get to, Yu-Gi-Oh DM's main aim was for Atemu to confront the evil that he sacrificed himself for in the end, that was aim all the way through (Waking The Dragon, 'Enter The Shadow' (Noah's Virtual world) and Grand Championship added nothing to the plot), Battle City and Duelist Kingdom were introductions to the Millennium Items, the Gods and hints towards what had happened for Atemu to end in the puzzle. Genex does not need this sort of development, since it's very like Pokemon, in someone wanted to be the best (although at the DA after Ryo (Or Zane) leaves he is in the DA), it's a more laid back approach, each Series drops a notch. Series 1 had Yami No Games more or less every episodes, Series 2 doesn't and Genex has even less.

The two series before don't allow for you watch characters dueling abilities develop naturally, since people were always at risk. Genex is very down to earth (other than the 7 Assasin/Shadow Riders and White Organization/Underground Duel Circuit) and can easily be linked to life (or so I like to think). I tend to like Genex because of it's comedy and more relaxed attitude.

Scream I want to be free
    F-Hole By Soil

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No Yu-Gi-Oh in it? The American version incorrectly call Yami No Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh. Yu-Gi-Oh means King Of Games.
    Also annoyingly just Yami; especially the way Tea dragged it out.

Yu-Gi-Oh is used to Genex, because that's the title Judai (or Jaden in the dub) is aiming for.
    Coool. Kaiba Seto has gained some humility in the passage of time; he's letting someone get a title that has his chief rival's name in it.

For Yugi and The Pharaoh being in.
    1. Atem(u)/The Pharaoh has gone to the afterlife, after he finally fufilled what he needed to do (Which was the defeat Zork or Yami No Bakura and save the world from destruction.
    2. Yugi's story is finished, Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters had finished. Yugi was no longer needed since Atem(u) had destroyed the very evil that he had sacrificed himself for 3000 years before.
    B-But Yugi was cute and the Pharoah was hoooot!!!!

To bring Yugi in as a main role in Genex, would doom the character development for the new cast, the only time Yugi could possibly play a useful role to dueling development in Genex is at the end. (Which I predict to be a Yugi Vs Judai duel)
    When I wrote this I forgot about the episode where they had the Paradox
    Brothers. As for Yugi vs. Judai (Jaden), I'll be watching anxiously.

Every series has characters to fufil what it wants to get to, Yu-Gi-Oh DM's main aim was for Atemu to confront the evil that he sacrificed himself for in the end, that was aim all the way through (Waking The Dragon, 'Enter The Shadow' (Noah's Virtual world) and Grand Championship added nothing to the plot), Battle City and Duelist Kingdom were introductions to the Millennium Items, the Gods and hints towards what had happened for Atemu to end in the puzzle. Genex does not need this sort of development, since it's very like Pokemon, in someone wanted to be the best (although at the DA after Ryo (Or Zane) leaves he is in the DA), it's a more laid back approach, each Series drops a notch. Series 1 had Yami No Games more or less every episodes, Series 2 doesn't and Genex has even less.

The two series before don't allow for you watch characters dueling abilities develop naturally, since people were always at risk.
    I for one got time of the Fate of the Whole World pandering the Yugioh Dub put out, too.

Genex is very down to earth (other than the 7 Assasin/Shadow Riders and White Organization/Underground Duel Circuit) and can easily be linked to life (or so I like to think). I tend to like Genex because of it's comedy and more relaxed attitude.
    I like it only for Syrus Truesdale (maybe it's his strong resemblence to Little Yugi). He's #6 on my all time cute anime character list. But tell me is there an episode where he duels? I think I saw one but wasn't sure.

Member Venom Rayber is on a distinguished road Venom Rayber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2007 06:20 PM
    Threads

You like yugi-oh, go watch it on WB

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Actually, I like the Manga over the dub, Venom Rayber.

As of this week they have not been showing Yugioh on Saturdays for several weeks. I'm hanging in to see the discovery of the Pharoah's name.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Marufuji Sho(u)/ Syrus Truesdale duels in:
    7 (Vs. Judai)
    10/11 (Vs. Para And Dox) (With Judai)
    18 (Vs. Kagurazaka/Dimetri (or something like that)
    56 (Vs Kocho Ran)
    64 (Vs Tyranno Kenzan)
    75/76 (Vs. Ice and Thunder) (With Kenzan)

This only covers all duel till episode 86. All Sho's duels till this point have aired, with episode 76 having aired today

Sho does rock.

Scream I want to be free
    F-Hole By Soil

Junior Member NarutoAssassin911 is an unknown quantity at this point NarutoAssassin911's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2007 05:46 PM
    Threads

The God Cards Rule YuGIOH

Senior Member simonds can only hope to improve simonds's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2006 10:35 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoAssassin911
    The God Cards Rule YuGIOH
    No offence, but the god cards are pathetic. I beat them all the time.

Junior Member NarutoAssassin911 is an unknown quantity at this point NarutoAssassin911's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Its alright i just like the god cards.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm just wonder which card the second powerful card in YuGiOh?

Junior Member loving Yu-Gi-Oh is on a distinguished road loving Yu-Gi-Oh's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2006 12:11 AM
    Threads

hi please can any one give me a link to download the sound track of the last episode of yugioh ( 224 ) of the slow music in the last part of it

Senior Member Darth Vaida is a name known to all Darth Vaida is a name known to all Darth Vaida is a name known to all Darth Vaida is a name known to all Darth Vaida is a name known to all Darth Vaida is a name known to all Darth Vaida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2009 08:22 AM
    Threads

-.-....I hate the god cards. o.o -just decided to jump in- Yes I know I am late >.>
    "'Some plants live on air,' Tasslehoff stated, returning with Sturm's ale. 'I've seen them. They hover off the ground. Their roots suck food and water out of the atmosphere.'
    'Really?' Caramon's eyes were wide.
    'I don't know who's the greater idiot,' said Flint in disgust."

Senior Member NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2009 09:09 PM
    Threads

Breaker the magical warrior is the best duel monster ever there and He looks heck of cool too.

Thank you Nespa So much!!!

Senior Member Darth Vaida is a name known to all Darth Vaida is a name known to all Darth Vaida is a name known to all Darth Vaida is a name known to all Darth Vaida is a name known to all Darth Vaida is a name known to all Darth Vaida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Breaker's nifty, but I don't think he's all that great....Necrofear looks cooler >.> -huggles her Dark Necrofear-
    "'Some plants live on air,' Tasslehoff stated, returning with Sturm's ale. 'I've seen them. They hover off the ground. Their roots suck food and water out of the atmosphere.'

Senior Member NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2009 09:09 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Vaida
    Breaker's nifty, but I don't think he's all that great....Necrofear looks cooler >.> -huggles her Dark Necrofear-
    Necrofear is tight but for like a total anilattion I would say Exodia Necross (or something like that is his name is spell) but he would be the ULMIATE Defense and Offensive.

Donate Reps

Dont Bad Rep I already got enough of Bad Rep's.

Thank You

Thank you Nespa So much!!!

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

meh..I hate any Exodia cards...they're all just a bunch of cheater cards -.- Almost as bad as the gods. I don't see what's so great about them, anyway, other than the way they cheat the game.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Vaida
    meh..I hate any Exodia cards...they're all just a bunch of cheater cards -.- Almost as bad as the gods. I don't see what's so great about them, anyway, other than the way they cheat the game.
    And on top of that, Vaida, they're butt ugly, too.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information