AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Full Metal Alchemist - Official discussion thread

Fan of Metal fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2007 01:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Its wierd i like fma alot but ive never seen the ending lol

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2014 01:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu
    That is true. I think that there will be a lot more plot twists in store. Plus I want to know the truth about Ed and Als father.
    Yeah, so do I. It seems to me that Hohenhiem is either *the* homonculi's creator, or he's a homonculus himself, or a fancy clone. It's all very mysterious!
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by かごめ
    Yeah, so do I. It seems to me that Hohenhiem is either *the* homonculi's creator, or he's a homonculus himself, or a fancy clone. It's all very mysterious!
    Which Hohenheim are you talking about? Is it Ed & Als dad or Mr. Super powerful?

I'm thinking that Ed & Als dad is a homonculi. He never ages and he seemed uneffected when he was shot by those robbers. I am just not sure how a homonculus had children. I thought that was not possible.

As for the other one, it seems that he is their creator. I saw him literally give birth to a second Greed. I guess he could not do that with Lust because Roy destroyed her philosopher stone. Not only that, but he can also use alchemy without transmutation circles or even movement. Plus he made it so that Ed, Al and all other alchemists in the area (with the exception of Scar & that little girl) could not use alchemy. This guy is scary.

They are going wayyyyyy beyond the anime with this.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

aka. darky-chan darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 06:19 AM
    Threads

Hohenhiem is not homonculus he uses the Philospher Stone to change bodies but he left Al and Ed because

his soul was beginning to rot and he didn't want Ed or Al to see him like that
    Hohenhiem created one homonculus though, Envy I think it was...
    GONE, Goodbye.

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrystalofthebluemoon
    Hohenhiem is not homonculus he uses the Philospher Stone to change bodies but he left Al and Ed because

his soul was beginning to rot and he didn't want Ed or Al to see him like that
    Hohenhiem created one homonculus though, Envy I think it was...
    Your reffering to the anime. I know who he was in the anime. What I was reffering to is the manga. The manga goes much longer than where the anime stops and starts to greatly differ around the time of Maes Hughes death. In the manga we don't really know what he is yet for sure. Unless there is something that I have not yet seen that completely explains it.

Also, in the manga homonculi are not made by attempting human transmutation. Thats why the character known as Wrath in the anime does not exist in the manga. Also, Sloth is not the result of them trying to transmutate their mom. We don't even know who sloth is in the manga.

I just want to see if/when Ed finds out that Envy killed Maes. I thought he would bave found out when they were trapped in Greed. I think it's funny that they asked everyone if they killed Maes except for the guy who actually killed him.
    Last edited by Mugetsu; 11-14-2006 at 09:08 AM.

He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Which Hohenheim are you talking about? Is it Ed & Als dad or Mr. Super powerful?

I'm thinking that Ed & Als dad is a homonculi. He never ages and he seemed uneffected when he was shot by those robbers. I am just not sure how a homonculus had children. I thought that was not possible.

As for the other one, it seems that he is their creator. I saw him literally give birth to a second Greed. I guess he could not do that with Lust because Roy destroyed her philosopher stone. Not only that, but he can also use alchemy without transmutation circles or even movement. Plus he made it so that Ed, Al and all other alchemists in the area (with the exception of Scar & that little girl) could not use alchemy. This guy is scary.

They are going wayyyyyy beyond the anime with this.
    Well the whole children thing makes me think that the Mr. Super-Powerful Hohenhiem is also in some twisted way Ed and Al's Dad Hohenhiem...But I also think he could be a homonculus and not Mr. Super-Powerful...Agh! It's all such a mystery! lol.

I saw him recreate Greed as well...Poor Ling. I *liked* him. It's a shame he couldn't recreate Lust, but you're probably right, All her stones were destroyed so she was pretty much impossible to recreate.

And I caught this from the post above:

the character known as Wrath in the anime does not exist in the manga.
    Wrath exists in the manga, he's the furher. lol. Pride is hidden behind walls and refuses to come out and be seen-and Sloth hasn't appeared yet.
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wrath exists in the manga, he's the furher. lol. Pride is hidden behind walls and refuses to come out and be seen-and Sloth hasn't appeared yet.
    What I mean is that in the anime Wrath is a little boy who has Ed's arm & leg and can use alchemy. But in the manga that charater does not exist. In fact the body for Wrath (anime) looks like Als body (anime) that Ed saw when they were escaping from inside of Gluttony.

Speaking of Gluttony...I just remembered that "Super Hohenheim" re-created him too. He literally came out of his body.

He pwns your souls!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Ah-yes. That's true. Very true. Makes more sense now.

And he did re-create Gluttony, didn't he? This guy really is scray!

私は犬夜叉の妻である

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

He sure is. For a while I thought that Wrath was the person I would least likely want to face. But now there is no comparison.

They gave a reason for the existance of Lusts existance (she was apparently created from Scar's brothers lover), Wrath (Ed & Als teachers son) and Sloth (Ed & Als mom) but I always wondered where Greed, Envy, Gluttony and Pride (King Bradley), came from. Also, I always used to wonder why the homonculi in the anime had special powers. Like why would a homonculi made because Ed & Al attempted to transmutate their mom be able to turn into liquid? But when I read the manga it makes more sense.

It seems like the manga has shifted to scenes from the Ishbal massacre. They even show Roys alchemy teacher. And here are a few other things that I didn't expect.

He pwns your souls!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, me too. You kind of figure that if in the anime they gave the reasons for Envy, Lust, Sloth and Wrath's existance (As well as Greed's to some extent. We know he was Dante's mistake) They'd give the reasons for the rest of them. But they don't. They just kind of leave you to wonder. The manga has it much more plainly spelled out. They were all created by the Super-Hohenhiem. Though their purpose is still yet unclear...Which makes it all the more interesting!

And last I knew they had gone into the Ishbal massacre flashbacks-but I haven't been able to find any scanlations or translations of chapters 61-63. ;.; So I dunno how that 'flashback' is fairing at all.
    Last edited by かごめ; 11-14-2006 at 07:20 PM.

私は犬夜叉の妻である

aka. darky-chan darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 06:19 AM
    Threads

I'm sure even in the manga Hohenheim isn't the master of the homonculi I've been reading the manga recently and looking up FMA on answers.com. On the site it says the master of the homonculi isn't Hohenheim since he paid a visit to Pinako.
    GONE, Goodbye.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrystalofthebluemoon
    I'm sure even in the manga Hohenheim isn't the master of the homonculi I've been reading the manga recently and looking up FMA on answers.com. On the site it says the master of the homonculi isn't Hohenheim since he paid a visit to Pinako.
    Your absolutely right (as far as I know). Well, sort of right anyway. The "father"of the homonculi looks exactly like Hohenheim, just without glasses. He also seems ridiculously powerful.

He pwns your souls!!!

Junior Member Niaedra01 is on a distinguished road Niaedra01's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2006 02:44 PM
    Threads

Is the FMA manga good? I was thinking about buying it but didn't know. The whole concept intrigues me but i watched one episode and the main characters weren't even in it at all and i was kinda upset. Do they fight? what goes down? should i get the manga? by the way i read usually then watch.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2014 03:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by Niaedra01
    Is the FMA manga good? I was thinking about buying it but didn't know. The whole concept intrigues me but i watched one episode and the main characters weren't even in it at all and i was kinda upset. Do they fight? what goes down? should i get the manga? by the way i read usually then watch.
    Actually-all things considered...The manga is better than the anime. :d So, yea, I'd suggest you buy it.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Senior Member sasukelover123 has a reputation beyond repute sasukelover123 has a reputation beyond repute sasukelover123 has a reputation beyond repute sasukelover123 has a reputation beyond repute sasukelover123 has a reputation beyond repute sasukelover123 has a reputation beyond repute sasukelover123 has a reputation beyond repute sasukelover123 has a reputation beyond repute sasukelover123 has a reputation beyond repute sasukelover123 has a reputation beyond repute sasukelover123 has a reputation beyond repute sasukelover123's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2008 12:56 AM
    Threads

fullmetal is my fav. anime

Junior Member jus390 is on a distinguished road jus390's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2006 12:02 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyasha's Guardian
    But, is Full Metal Alchemist any good? Where I come from we don't get much in the way of anime on T.V. I have to buy every episode I want to watch. I love InuYasha, Rurouni Kenshin and Yu-Gi-Oh! Is Full Metal Alchemist for me?
    Full Metal Alchemist is a good one i suggest it to anyone who watches anime it is one of my favorites and I as well like Inuyasha Yu-Gi-Oh ive kinda stopped on but yes i suggest Full Metal Alchemist even if its one episode i bet you whould get into it

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2014 03:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Let's put it this way: Anyone who likes Inuyasha and Ruro Ken is bound to like FMA. No question, no contest.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Junior Member jus390 is on a distinguished road jus390's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2006 12:02 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Higurashi Kagome
    Let's put it this way: Anyone who likes Inuyasha and Ruro Ken is bound to like FMA. No question, no contest.
    Completelly agreed

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Your absolutely right (as far as I know). Well, sort of right anyway. The "father"of the homonculi looks exactly like Hohenheim, just without glasses. He also seems ridiculously powerful.
    Hehe...he *is* ridiculously powerful-and looks almost identical to Hohenhiem. It's eerie.

the master of the homonculi isn't Hohenheim since he paid a visit to Pinako.
    Though-I don't know if visiting Pinako has anything to do with whether or not Hohenhiem and the Super Hohenhiem are the same person. We'll just have to wait and see. :d

私は犬夜叉の妻である

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hehe...he *is* ridiculously powerful-and looks almost identical to Hohenhiem. It's eerie.

Though-I don't know if visiting Pinako has anything to do with whether or not Hohenhiem and the Super Hohenhiem are the same person. We'll just have to wait and see. :d
    First of all, your right..my bad lol. He *is* ridiculously powerful. No question.

But considering the fact that he seemed surprised when Ed & Al mentioned Hohenheim seem to point to them not being the same person. Plus it seems like he never leaves that lair of his so I doubt he would have went to visit Pinako. Not to mention that he seems to share the Homonculis general disdain for humanity lol.

I REALLY want to know what their relationship to each other is. I refuse to believe that there being two identical looking people who seem to have supernatural/alchemaic powers is just a coincidence. Not buying that.

He pwns your souls!!!

Senior Member katrina03 is an unknown quantity at this point katrina03's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2007 12:06 AM
    land of the rising moon...PHILIPPINES!!!;)
    Threads

actually...i really like the story of this anime..it's so cool...
    and i don't want the world to see me,
    'coz i don't think that they'd understand...
    when everything was made to be broken,
    i just want you to know who i am...

Member Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2008 10:36 AM
    Threads

I used to whatch it at work because we don't even have cable at my house.The anime is great.If I could only see more of it!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

First of all, your right..my bad lol. He *is* ridiculously powerful. No question.

But considering the fact that he seemed surprised when Ed & Al mentioned Hohenheim seem to point to them not being the same person. Plus it seems like he never leaves that lair of his so I doubt he would have went to visit Pinako. Not to mention that he seems to share the Homonculis general disdain for humanity lol.

I REALLY want to know what their relationship to each other is. I refuse to believe that there being two identical looking people who seem to have supernatural/alchemaic powers is just a coincidence. Not buying that.
    Point, point and double point. lol. Maybe Daddy Hohenheim is a really good clone of Super Hohenhiem then...Who knows yet? x)

And yes, I would *love* to know thier true relationship too...Also what Super Hohenhiem's true purpose for the Homonculi is! He doesn't seem to be after the Philospher stone(s)-so what's he doing?! That's what I wanna know! lol.

私は犬夜叉の妻である

Member laughing man has a reputation beyond repute laughing man has a reputation beyond repute laughing man has a reputation beyond repute laughing man has a reputation beyond repute laughing man has a reputation beyond repute laughing man has a reputation beyond repute laughing man has a reputation beyond repute laughing man has a reputation beyond repute laughing man has a reputation beyond repute laughing man has a reputation beyond repute laughing man has a reputation beyond repute laughing man's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2006 04:25 AM
    Threads

i watched all the episodes of fullmetal alchmist, i really want to watch the movie.
    my sister started to watch fma a few days ago. its sad how hughs had to die T_T
    al gets his body back at the end. i really enjoyed watching fma

Yaoi Extremist sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 09:11 PM
    In a magical place where yaoi reigns supreme
    Threads

haha its kinda funny reading everyone's opinions on fma ive seen all the episodes in english and japanese with subs and also read most of the manga plus the movie(saw in theaters in Houston ^ ^) they sold out but i got them in advanced teehee but i saw it on youtube before then though so ya.
    Made by Fast as Fire
    I <3 You!

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information