AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: who loves sailor moon?

Junior Member plewk is on a distinguished road plewk's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2006 03:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

i just thought usagi was hot

Senior Member katrina03 is an unknown quantity at this point katrina03's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2007 01:06 AM
    land of the rising moon...PHILIPPINES!!!;)
    Threads

i do love sailormoon...it's characters...the story itself...and the animation...i love it!
    and i don't want the world to see me,
    'coz i don't think that they'd understand...
    when everything was made to be broken,
    i just want you to know who i am...

Darling Dearie ♡ Lovely Chii is a glorious beacon of light Lovely Chii is a glorious beacon of light Lovely Chii is a glorious beacon of light Lovely Chii is a glorious beacon of light Lovely Chii is a glorious beacon of light Lovely Chii is a glorious beacon of light Lovely Chii's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2006 01:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by plewk
    i just thought usagi was hot
    ~.~ No offence but she isn't hot. She is cute, lovely, adorable, sweet but isn't hot.

I like "Sailor Moon" ^^
    My fav sailor: Jupiter, Uranus and Pluto
    Least fav sailor: Mars
    Fav saga: S
    Least fav Saga: R

Join our forums
    - Hikari

Senior Member katrina03 is an unknown quantity at this point katrina03's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2007 01:06 AM
    land of the rising moon...PHILIPPINES!!!;)
    Threads

yeah...you're right...she's adorably hot...i cannot explain though but she's really really HOT...
    and i don't want the world to see me,
    'coz i don't think that they'd understand...
    when everything was made to be broken,
    i just want you to know who i am...

Senior Member Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2007 08:15 AM
    Threads

Sailor Moon was my first Anime...I really used to love it...
    { }
    { Awesome set made by -Ookami- ! I love it! }

{My mother - LadyWolf14}
    {My sister - harusame}

{Are you fan }

Junior Member sailordarkness is on a distinguished road sailordarkness's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2007 01:01 PM
    Threads

sailor moon was my first fav anime when i was in kindergarten and i was like i want to be a sailor scout so i said i was sailor love and now i am sailor darkness

Member XxJadexX will become famous soon enough XxJadexX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2007 03:28 PM
    Threads

I watched it since I was 12. My hubby knows he has to live with my SM collection XD and when I have kids, I'm hoping they will love it too.

Senior Member ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2007 12:24 PM
    Threads

Four words: Sailor Neptune is awsome.

*counts* Phew! Yeah, that's four.

Seriously, I love this series. It was one of the very first animes that I had ever watched as a young girl (the very first being...I can't remember...which isn't an anime title, I just can't remember). I absolutely adored every aspect of it, from the cheesy usagi, to the cheesy romance, to the cheesy attacks and villains - the whole shebang! Sure, it wasn't the best anime that I've seen and it can't compete with other top-notch showa - such as FMA and EVA - but it will always hold a special place in my heart, and my shelf since I have the first two seasons on DVD. From my intuitive and flawless perspective, Sailor Moon pretty much set the bar for all other magic-girl series that would follow, and none have yet to reach it. Yep, I'm a moonie and proud.
    Last edited by ThePsychoticPuppy; 01-13-2007 at 01:06 AM.
    ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA
    .::su gnoma llewd seippup citocysp::.
    ....KRAB?
    (!eRaWeB)

Senior Member Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2012 09:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ThePsychoticPuppy View Post
    Sailor Moon pretty much set the bar for all other magic-girl series that would follow, and none have yet to reach it. Yep, I'm a moonie and proud.
    If Sailor Moon is so cheesy, cheesy, cheesy, then wouldnt it be easy for another magical girl anime to reach and surpass it? Or does that only mean other magical girl anime are FAR more cheesy?

Senior Member ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    If Sailor Moon is so cheesy, cheesy, cheesy, then wouldnt it be easy for another magical girl anime to reach and surpass it? Or does that only mean other magical girl anime are FAR more cheesy?
    Other magical girl anime are far more cheesy or copy it to the point of just plain sucking. Whichever works for you.

Edit: Its simple, question answered, now be happy.
    Last edited by ThePsychoticPuppy; 01-15-2007 at 10:18 AM.
    ....KRAB?
    (!eRaWeB)

Junior Member inu-papa is on a distinguished road inu-papa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2007 11:29 AM
    Threads

sailor moon is hot, H.O.T.

Inutaisho will never be forgotten

Member youkai*kagome will become famous soon enough youkai*kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2007 10:14 PM
    home what do you think i lived in a box!?
    Threads

I have watch that anime from when i was a baby and i still love it! athough its very chezzy ;3

Senior Member Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I thought that I had made that perfectly clear. ;_;
    Nope, not perfectly clear. Thats why I had to ask and make sure. You mentioned nothing about a possibility of other shows copying Sailor Moon to the point of sucking. Kind of difficult to have made things perfectly clear when you tag on information that was nonexistent the first time around.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No, I thought that I had made it perfectly clear that despite its cheesiness, no other magical girl anime has yet to surpass it.
    I understood that part. I was obviously asking you to elaborate on the subject with the question asked.

If I said that it was cheesy, but then said that no other magical girl anime has yet to pass it, then wouldn't that imply that all other magical girl anime were cheesier?
    No, sweetheart, it wouldnt. If I tasted some drinks and singled one out, saying its a little bitter but no other drink is better, than does that mean all of the other drinks were even more bitter? No, it doesnt. Some of the drinks may be too sweet, or too sour, and I may not like the flavor of the others. Like these drinks, there could be other reasons, besides cheesiness, that other mga's have yet to surpass Sailor Moon, such as poor plot, poor character settings, lack of entertainment, lack of plot development, so on and so forth. Please comprehend before posting a response.

The information wasn't nonexistent if you just took the time to think about it.
    The information I referred to in your second post was nonexistent in your first post, whether or not you choose to acknowledge it.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I only listed one element of the series "cheesiness"
    To quote from your earlier post:"from the cheesy usagi, to the cheesy romance, to the cheesy attacks and villains - the whole shebang!"

That is more than one element. The character aspect, the romance aspect, the antagonists, all of those are different elements. And for future reference, the phrase "the whole shebang" implies that the subject in question is being referred to as a whole. I figured I might of needed to throw it out there since you used the phrase and later thought I was supposed to know that you were only referring to one element of the show. Not that that matters anyway, since you did list more than one element of the shows cheesiness.

it has yet to be surpassed in anything, including cheesiness..
    In your second post you said other magical girl anime were more cheesy that Sailor Moon, and now you say that Sailor Moon has yet to be surpassed in cheesiness. I dont think dilatoriness is the cause of this one.

Sorry, but there's no underlying meaning behind it since you didn't get it.Though, it is nice that you took the time out to type an anology just for that, but its not rocket science.
    Yes, I got it. Its only that people interpret things in different ways. God forbid. And, I brought up the analogy for your sake. The higher chance you have of comprehending what I'm saying, the less confusion and posts there are, or should be. If I was talking with someone whom I felt was keen, I wouldnt have used an analogy.

you could've responded a lot better, minus the childish insults.
    I have my reasons for replying the way I am. Your comments, such as, "I thought that I had made that perfectly clear. ;_;" and "if you just took the time to think about it, really, it's not that complicated. :/" for example, were the first attempts at indirect insults and/or smart remarks, and they were resented. Thus, I responded the way I did. My first post was but a simple question. You were the one who didnt need to respond the way you did.

We're just talking about a cartoon, chill out.
    This is so very ironic. I am and have been much more chill than you seem to be. Practice what you preach. Your constant edits made things very difficult for me btw.

Senior Member =Risa Harada= has a reputation beyond repute =Risa Harada= has a reputation beyond repute =Risa Harada= has a reputation beyond repute =Risa Harada= has a reputation beyond repute =Risa Harada= has a reputation beyond repute =Risa Harada= has a reputation beyond repute =Risa Harada= has a reputation beyond repute =Risa Harada= has a reputation beyond repute =Risa Harada= has a reputation beyond repute =Risa Harada= has a reputation beyond repute =Risa Harada= has a reputation beyond repute =Risa Harada='s Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2010 10:58 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by youkai*kagome View Post
    I have watch that anime from when i was a baby and i still love it! athough its very chezzy ;3
    Really?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Edit: You know what, I slept on it, and now I feel much more refreshed. It's not worth it. I'll be the bigger girl and end this, I already answered your question. I have better things to do (well, no not really). I thought what I said was perfectly clear since it seem to make perfect sense, and no one aside from one person had to ask about it or even cared that much to know. Why did I say "Its not complicated if you really think about it."? Because it wasn't, no one was trying to say "You're stupid if you don't get it." It wasn't smart or sardonic, I wasn't even trying to be witty this time. You just seem to be overthinking something so simple. I apologize if it sounded like an insult you, but you could have just said something about it, other than attempt to match me wit for wit, when it wasn't wit. It wasn't critical information, you really didn't need to know. If we both really didn't want any confusion, we shouldn't have made any little side comments that could be taken as insults. "Please comprehend before posting a response." and "If I was talking with someone whom I felt was keen, I wouldnt have used an analogy. " Are less than perfect ways to call a ceasefire.

Also, don't bring interpretation into this now. I said: "WHICHEVER WORKS FOR YOU" in other words "however you see it." You're perfectly capable of understanding something on your own. Unlike you, my first assumtion wasn't "Oh, this person isn't very keen." It was more along the lines of "This person thinks too hard over something simple and pointless."

Nothing was wrong with my last post. Including cheesiness; as opposed to just saying cheesy this and cheesy that. All I meant was "It has yet to be surpassed in anything, and its still cheesy." If you can't surpass cheesy then you must either be a.) cheesier or b.) suck. And if no magical girl anime has yet to pass it despite being cheesy, then it can't be too easy to pass it. I did say Sailormoon was awesome. You should know what I mean by now. I'm just not going to explain every little thing. And I do suffer from a severe case of dilatoriness, but I used it in a joking matter, lighten up. I didn't see the point of having to give an elaborate explanation for something so simple as an answer to a thread about a cheesy cartoon. It just felt like having someone ask you why 5+5 equals 10, when 3+7 and 4+6 also equals 10.

I'm deleting my ealier posts (our little side argument) since they are pointless to this topic and pretty much exhibit a lack of maturity. I'll also delete this one, once I'm sure that you read it and you respond (if you choose to do so). I suggest that you do the same, since I don't want it to look like you've gone multi-posting crazy. :P
    Last edited by ThePsychoticPuppy; 01-15-2007 at 10:44 AM.
    ....KRAB?
    (!eRaWeB)

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'll be the bigger girl and end this
    Ouchies.

Anywho, I too apologize for making the rude remarks, and also for misinterpreting your comments as insults. I would delete my posts as well (I do look awfully nuts right now, lol), but I have never erased a posts before, and dont see an option allowing deletion. How would I go about doing that? >.<

Member XxJadexX will become famous soon enough XxJadexX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2007 03:28 PM
    Threads

Come on guys, no one should be arguing about a cartoon. Everyone has their own opinions. It's hard to distinguish text on a screen as being negative or positive sometimes but we can all be cool about it and be friends ^_^ If you aren't sure if it's negative or not, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Junior Member Darkened_Star has a spectacular aura about Darkened_Star has a spectacular aura about Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2007 01:40 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Fate View Post
    Sailor Moon was my first Anime...I really used to love it...
    Sailor Moon was the my first anime too. It was what made me interested in anime period. I use to try drawing it all the time. My favorite character was/is Sailor Saturn. I still like it!
    Last edited by Darkened_Star; 01-16-2007 at 12:49 PM.

Senior Member Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2007 08:15 AM
    Threads

I think Sailor Jupiter is realy better than Sailor Moon...
    { }
    { Awesome set made by -Ookami- ! I love it! }

{My mother - LadyWolf14}
    {My sister - harusame}

{Are you fan }

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2015 05:04 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Sailor moon was also one of my first shows that I recognized as anime. I say that because I watched Robotech and Tranzor Z (Mazinger Z) when I was really young and didnt know it was anime. But I loved Sailor Moon; funny too since Im a guy, but there can be guy fans of girl based anime, right?.^^; I loved everything about the show. The action, the comedy, the various characters, the drama (especially the drama) all of it made it worth watching to me. The drama was so much at times, like when an important character dies or leaves everyone forever, I felt like I wanted to cry. The storylines were so unique and gripping I wanted to keep watching to the end of the season and then go on to the next story.

Whats sad is that they havent released, in the US, the season after the dark circus/pegasus saga, the one with the star soldiers (I think I got that right). I guess I could hunt down an import, but really dont know how much it would cost or where to look. >< I would like to know what happened next. Maybe I will someday, oh well. XD

It was interesting to know that there was a lesbian relationship with Sailors Uranus and Neptune (Haruka/Michiru). It showed that there were no limitations to the power of love in this show when they created it. There relationship looked so serious and meaningful. The fact that Haruka would risk her life for Michiru, or else die along side her was so emotional and powerful, it made you really think at times.

The ending of every season always came to a climaxtic end. You know, the true struggles between good and evil, love and hate, etc. Sometimes the evil ones realized that there was always some good in them and united with the sailor scouts to help finish off the true menace. It was sad when some of those people ended up sacrificing there lives.;.; But over all the endings were always the best part when it came down to it.

I loved watching Sailor Moon and wouldnt change my mind about it, ever!

Senior Member Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2007 12:25 PM
    Threads

That would be a definate yes.
    I mean how could it be any other answer if I've spent 7 years on what I hope to be the relaunch of the series spanning 24 seasons and 8 shows. And that's just what I've come up with. With all that stock material just imagine what those guys over in Japan could come up with to expand it even further. =D

Sailor was the first show I recognized as anime. And despite an overall loathing of what DiC did to the series I can't help but have a nostolgic place in my heart for their interpretation, though I would never consider it canon. For that I turn to the manga and the subtitled versions... even if my only hope of a Sailor Starts sub is by [VKLL] *shudders*

And yes I am a guy and I rememebr watching an episode and thinking it was the worst show I'd ever seen. But since it was the only thing on after I got home from school that wasn't a talk show, a soap opera, or some old sitcom, I watched it. And it went off the air and faded from memory until it was aired in the mornings some 4 years later and I feel head over heels for it. It wasn't cause of the girls with the boom the animators gave them. It was the story. Despite the plot holes and some poor dialogue, I fell in love with a story about good verses evil that wasn't a "beat 'em up" show. A show that advocated peace, love, and friendship. With heroes that had ideals and stuck by them. I found it to be a refreshing show in the face of the other shows out there. God I was so naive back then about it. I was awestruck when I read that there was more then what had been shown. Espcially about what had yet to be seen. When I found out that the next two seasons would be dubbed, I was excited because I thought that society would be ready for ther truth of everything in Sailor Moon.... I was so wrong. I was mortified when I read what Cloverway was doing it it. It was at that time I decided that I would write my expansion story, that has now become a revisioning, as I wanted it and would say "screw you" to those would think it's better their way.

EDIT: That's not to say I'd not listen to the experience of writers that have worked on successful series before. But if it's some suit in S&P that wants to censor what I've writen to shelter kids even more, they will get a nice two letter response. I can already forsee which eps I'll have issues with: my rape sub-story, my teen pregnancy sub-story that stems from the rape sub-story, the drug use sub-story, the child abuse story, the infidelity sub-story, and the one they'll rip apart the most is my Libertartion OVA. It's been 4 years since I sat in Calculus and concieved of this twisted concentration camp with abuse and death of all kinds and it's liberation. It remains my most graphically intense and twisted work to date. And I still debate if I should leave it as is or tone it down in order to avoid an 18+ Only rating.

Oh, and CptnJack, I couldn't have put it better.
    Last edited by Archangel Apollo; 02-01-2007 at 09:56 AM.

The Real Suga' Baby Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2014 12:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I love Sailormoon : )

美しい夢みる人

Member Moonlight Densetsu will become famous soon enough Moonlight Densetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2007 05:24 PM
    Threads

Sailor Moon was my first anime, and it is what got me into anime. I saw it when I was about 5-6 Xb. It's probably still my favorite to this day.
    Sig made by

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information