AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Subs or Dubs?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subtitles

22 88.00%
  • Dubbing

3 12.00%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Subs, or Dubs?

守り神 Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2005 11:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Subs, or Dubs?

This is a very important question!
    I say, subtitles all the way!

SMEGMA!!!! Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2008 03:36 PM
    Threads

yes but you always have to sit there and look at them when you need to watch the action in the anime! It's easier just to translate.

Member Teh Orefeti is on a distinguished road Teh Orefeti's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2005 03:46 PM
    Threads

Dubtitles for me.

Praise em...
    "Animation" comes from the Latin "anima." In other words, its word root means "the soul." "Animism" is the ideal from the 19th century anthropologist Tylor's, "Primitive Culture," which advocates that souls reside in all things. Animation is therefore what give movement to still pictures and breathes life into them. Namely, the power of the gods!

守り神 Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake is a splendid one to behold Sake's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnaku
    yes but you always have to sit there and look at them when you need to watch the action in the anime! It's easier just to translate.
    My point here is that anime just sounds wrong in english, the voice actors suck, every one of them.

The Moron With No Flare sumae_the_firewolf has a reputation beyond repute sumae_the_firewolf has a reputation beyond repute sumae_the_firewolf has a reputation beyond repute sumae_the_firewolf has a reputation beyond repute sumae_the_firewolf has a reputation beyond repute sumae_the_firewolf has a reputation beyond repute sumae_the_firewolf has a reputation beyond repute sumae_the_firewolf has a reputation beyond repute sumae_the_firewolf has a reputation beyond repute sumae_the_firewolf has a reputation beyond repute sumae_the_firewolf has a reputation beyond repute sumae_the_firewolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2006 07:39 PM
    Threads

Sub... sometimes! Dub most of the time.

If my past dosn't haunt you, my future will. If I didn't love you then, i'll love you now. Don't worry. I'll start over new, Get over it, and recover.

SMEGMA!!!! Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i voted for dub

Digital Excellence Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2008 02:32 AM
    Threads

the thing with dubs is that they dont always get the voices right not to mention the momvment of the mouth wich is usually totally off
    !!! Dont let my egg die !!!
    click it

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

SUBS!!!!! once you get use to them its easy to both watch the show and read them without even noticing...its almost as though i'm watching it in english.....dubs are never as good because the voices often do not fit the character, the voices do not follow the mouth movements, the emotions or the way it is pronounced are often incorrect.....

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mousshnida
    the thing with dubs is that they dont always get the voices right not to mention the momvment of the mouth wich is usually totally off
    Actually professionals have made it so that the voices are on que by either having actors talk faster or slower. So now the voice placement with the movent of the mouth is perfectly done.

Digital Excellence Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnaku
    Actually professionals have made it so that the voices are on que by either having actors talk faster or slower. So now the voice placement with the movent of the mouth is perfectly done.
    i guess with todays tech u can do that
    but they always make mistakes somewhere
    and anyways u get used to watching like that and for me its as if they are really talking.....plus i like to watch the shows in their original sound because the way the movie or show is made the voices ( showting , crying) fit perfectly...
    click it

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTwilight
    SUBS!!!!! once you get use to them its easy to both watch the show and read them without even noticing...its almost as though i'm watching it in english.....dubs are never as good because the voices often do not fit the character, the voices do not follow the mouth movements, the emotions or the way it is pronounced are often incorrect.....
    As in the english voice actors don't know HOW to show emotion?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah thats rite....
    i guess the original always has the most emotion..
    well thats what i think
    click it

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Actors have to change the words because in Japanese the words are assorted in a different way. But theirs isnt the one thats backwards, its ours.

For example
    Someone in the american language 'Will leave here soon.'
    In Japanese 'Here leave soon.'

There are a few words that sont translate at all like i had for the word 'Will'

more of some are things like
    And
    the
    of
    are
    to

simple things like that

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sin, if you want to lecture us on the nuances of language, please do it somewhere else, thank you. FYI, the japanese word 'no' serves the purpose of almost all those words you said.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

if you were smart youd know better.

you have no idea what you just said there.

i doubt you even know the Japanese word for "no"

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sake
    Sin, if you want to lecture us on the nuances of language, please do it somewhere else, thank you. FYI, the japanese word 'no' serves the purpose of almost all those words you said.
    hey dont get angry if ur getting out talked ok
    i totally agree and we are intitled to ur say
    click it

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mousshnida
    hey dont get angry if ur getting out talked ok
    i totally agree and we are intitled to ur say
    Thank you. You deserve some rep for that.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes, actually I do, it is の. And I would also appreciate not being insulted.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

even though i prefer subs i still agree
    with the language thing cause that influences dubs and subs both can
    totally change the meaning of a part in the show
    click it

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes, actually I do, it is の. And I would also appreciate not being insulted.
    Just because you can use alt codes doesn't mean you know the exact word.

Anyone can use alts. §•±ƒ

Baka Sakurako Shiina will become famous soon enough Sakurako Shiina's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2007 04:47 AM
    Threads

Dubs for meh >.> even thought the voices SUCK!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

why would u say dubs if u dont like the voices
    oh and by the way sinnaku i repped u..
    click it

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I noticed i checked the profile and saw.

Almost Infamous[♥] DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2011 12:52 PM
    Threads

Well i dont think they all suck....but yes there are things that only japanese voice actors can capture better...but you have to admit the little kid nasel voice gets annoying but i still like subs better....it helps me learn some japanese aswell cause i know a bit

[ True*Poet ]

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

As in the english voice actors don't know HOW to show emotion?
    not exactly, there is just more emotion in the original japanese.....

stop arguing, you've both had your say in the poll...we are all entitle to our own opinions......

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Closed Thread

Thread Information