AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Aria: The Animation

Member Teh Orefeti is on a distinguished road Teh Orefeti's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2005 03:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Aria: The Animation

Well, I've got some good news. In case your unaware, Kozue Amano's manga Aria is being animated and it's website is officially open.

http://www.ariacompany.net/

Being a fan of the manga, it's quite a big deal to me seeing as how I wish their was an anime counterpart to it. And now my desires have been fullfilled. If you check out the website, the artwork is actually quite nice and it seems like the anime will turn out rather decent. I don't think it will be on par with Air, but then again, I'm right about these things. There are some artbook/manga covers at http://www.ariacompany.net/goods.html.

Sadly though, there aren't any production sketches or many previews of the artwork for the anime released yet. A major factor that I'm highly looking forward to is seeing the scenery shots animated. Why? It's rather obvious. Some of the scenes in Aria are drawn with such care and detail, it's only natural for me to want to see it cel shaded. I wonder when the first episode is going to be aired?

I figured I should put up a summary of the series as well, in case your interested.

"On the planet Aqua, a world once known as Mars, Akari Mizunashi has just made her home in the town of Neo-VENEZIA, a futuristic imitation of the ancient city of Venice. The technology of “Man Home” (formerly Earth) has not entirely reached this planet, and Akari is alone, having no contact with family or friends. Nonetheless, the town, with its charming labyrinths of rivers and canals, becomes Akari’s new infatuation, along with the dream of becoming a full-fledged gondolier."
    Last edited by Teh Orefeti; 08-11-2005 at 08:52 PM.
    "Animation" comes from the Latin "anima." In other words, its word root means "the soul." "Animism" is the ideal from the 19th century anthropologist Tylor's, "Primitive Culture," which advocates that souls reside in all things. Animation is therefore what give movement to still pictures and breathes life into them. Namely, the power of the gods!

Junior Member Tote is on a distinguished road Tote's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2005 02:28 AM
    Threads

I can't comment on the content of the series or the manga, but I can say that if the series maintians that level of detial it will be a true milstone for anime visually. I don't think cel-shading is a good idea, typically(from what I have seen) it reduces detial and gives it more of an amuaturish look.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah, perhaps I didn't word it correctly. By cel shading, I simply meant cel animation. I tend to associate the two as the same thing, despite their differences.
    "Animation" comes from the Latin "anima." In other words, its word root means "the soul." "Animism" is the ideal from the 19th century anthropologist Tylor's, "Primitive Culture," which advocates that souls reside in all things. Animation is therefore what give movement to still pictures and breathes life into them. Namely, the power of the gods!

The Elemental artist.. kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2007 12:52 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Animation

What programm you recommend to use for animation.....?Because with photoshop or flashmacromedia is a little more difficult...
    *illuminated spirits clan member*
    *winner of AW forum. Paint me contest*
    Inking & Coloring images: Pm me!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What? This thread is about the new anime Aria, not about animation programs or techniques.

Geez, someone finally replied to one of my threads and it's just spam.

Teh Saddness...

Mercenary for hire Shinbo is infamous around these parts Shinbo is infamous around these parts Shinbo is infamous around these parts Shinbo is infamous around these parts Shinbo is infamous around these parts Shinbo is infamous around these parts Shinbo is infamous around these parts Shinbo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2008 03:43 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tote
    I can't comment on the content of the series or the manga, but I can say that if the series maintians that level of detial it will be a true milstone for anime visually. I don't think cel-shading is a good idea, typically(from what I have seen) it reduces detial and gives it more of an amuaturish look.
    I would have to agree with you there.
    Konnichiwa my good people and bad people

Closed Thread

Thread Information