AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Thoughts on DearS?

Souhi's beloved fangirl *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2009 12:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Thoughts on DearS?

Hi, guys.
    I just watched some of the series called DearS today. I wanted to know what everyone thought of it.

For me, I think it's a little on the perverted side, but it's cute and fun to watch.
    ~Thanks, Souhi! I heart it!~

Cute and innocent <3 Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2007 12:23 AM
    Threads

"Just like chobits"

I've seen all the episodes and the ending is too happy.

The manga (orginal story) has a much better storyline. ^^

Sephy Is My Sweet Older Brother~ Lorie Is My Dear Little Sister~ *Huggles*
    *~My Hero is the Sweetest Dearest Angel Chii-chan~*

♥half ADD♥ m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2007 03:08 AM
    Threads

Unhappy

i've heard of that...what exactaly is it about? is it worth checking into?
    PenGuiNs RuLe!
    We live,
    We love,
    We 4-give and never give up,
    Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above,
    And 2day we remember to live and to love.

Delirious K-pop Fanboy Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 05:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As they said it's perverted...in a funny, innocent way though

I was bored so I watched the first 2 episodes. It's pretty nice so far. If you're into that, it's worth a look.

EDIT: That opening is sorta out there though
    Last edited by Souhi; 06-24-2006 at 08:14 PM.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"ďAll he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.Ē - John Milton

♥half ADD♥ m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2007 03:08 AM
    Threads

okay...............i guess i'll checjk it out. and report back ta tell ya what i thought of it...k?!
    PenGuiNs RuLe!
    We live,
    We love,
    We 4-give and never give up,
    Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above,
    And 2day we remember to live and to love.

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2014 11:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I saw an episode o' that! Thats good stuff. Funny although on the perverted side. MELON BREAD! ^^

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Souhi's beloved fangirl *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2009 12:59 PM
    Threads

Ya. Yummy Melon Bread. ^^
    ~Thanks, Souhi! I heart it!~

Senior Member Zoekin has much to be proud of Zoekin has much to be proud of Zoekin has much to be proud of Zoekin has much to be proud of Zoekin has much to be proud of Zoekin has much to be proud of Zoekin has much to be proud of Zoekin has much to be proud of Zoekin has much to be proud of Zoekin has much to be proud of Zoekin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2007 04:01 PM
    Threads

I'm collecting this manga and I am really enjoying it! I do find that there is a lot of fanservice but the story is really good! My favourite DearS is Tenkai(?) (the Biter who wears the catsuit!) She has yet to learn how to concentrate!

Senior Member Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2006 01:23 PM
    Threads

Never read it before but i've seen some pictures of it...it looks kinda interesting i should maybe read it sometime ^^
    Best Friend Forever: ~Pure Soul~
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.Copy Bunny into your
    signature to help him on his way to world domination

Member lang_sakti is on a distinguished road lang_sakti's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 01:03 AM
    Threads

this is like MM said above, "just like chobits". a short version. something like that. a good storyline but nothing new. for those who like a fanservices, maybe this story is suitable enough for them. not many though.

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 10:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maya Miyazono
    "Just like chobits"

I've seen all the episodes and the ending is too happy.

The manga (orginal story) has a much better storyline. ^^
    I agree. I've been told about it being similar to Chobits. I've read and own all the graphic novels to it. My friend owns two books of the DearS Series and I've looked at them. I want to watch it and read it. I much enjoyed Chobits so I think I'd like DearS. Off to Barns & Noble I go! [a book store] xD

{ [Etsy Shop.] [Poetry.] [Art Thread.] }
    Set By
    Seung-Li <3

Senior Member kurosaki will become famous soon enough kurosaki will become famous soon enough kurosaki's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2006 01:25 AM
    Threads

Hmm... pretty good anime to watch...

Haruno Sakura_______Hyuuga Hinata______Nico Robin

~ ONNA WA SUBARASHI DESHOU? ~

Senior Member Decomposingflesh has much to be proud of Decomposingflesh has much to be proud of Decomposingflesh has much to be proud of Decomposingflesh has much to be proud of Decomposingflesh has much to be proud of Decomposingflesh has much to be proud of Decomposingflesh has much to be proud of Decomposingflesh has much to be proud of Decomposingflesh has much to be proud of Decomposingflesh has much to be proud of Decomposingflesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2007 03:20 PM
    Threads

Okay... Iíve never seen the anime or read the manga. But I saw the cover of the book once and I must say... all those girls are like, hiked up on estrogen or something, because their boobs could poke someoneís eye out! Well thatís my input....

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 06:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Jenova's Witness

DearS, pretty good anime series, if only Chobits didn't get so popular before the DearS did. Or it can just be because the DearS Anime series is a WHOLE lot more perverted than even Love Hina. I don't know, I kinda like it.

Sophitia Alexandria Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2008 09:42 AM
    Threads

Too perverted for my taste

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2010 12:58 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I LOVE DearS. RenxTakeya forever.

It really isn't that perverted compared to other ecchi anime. Heck there's not even full nudity or a single sex scene or IMPLIED sex scenes so what are you guys complaining about?

Admittedly, Mitsuka is a little over the top but....x_x

The manga is a lot more well-planned than the anime but the anime is fun, all the same. The characters are way more attractive than the Chobits characters. I love the colors. They're nice and bright and don't make me want to stab my eyes out like the way Chobits' colors did. x_x I like Takeya a LOT more than Hideki. Takeya had an attitude to him and Hideki's a limp noodle. xD
    Takeya is better-looking too. Nya. xD

AND the music is better. Under 17 rocks my socks.

Gothic Lolita Skyla-chan Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 02:47 PM
    Threads

It's not so much that its perverted as it is a lifestyle... DearS are slaves meant to apease.

Though it has similarities to Chobits... it's somewhat its own thing. I love the salve-suits that peachpit-san has developed... though they look very slippery!! ^o^

The chibis are by far the cutest that I've come across >.<

As for the storyline... you may want to evaluate that yourslef, however, if your looking for something that will murder your guts from laughter... this is a splendid choice! Beware... you may get nose bleeds!
    *Ami~chan-sempai made this sig*

*Ookami-sempai made this sig*

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

It's not so much that its perverted as it is a lifestyle... DearS are slaves meant to apease.
    Yeah, it really bugged me because one reviewer said it was an offensive series that was degrading to women because it makes all women out to be "sex-slaves" but there's MALE dearS TOO. Dur. T_T

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2014 11:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Comical genious in my opinion, though it may be considered Ecchi. I saw about one and a half episodes and I want to see the rest.

I 'wuv' the opener and closer to it as well!

I had many laughs in those bits I've seen.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

And would you guys believe that Peach-Pit the creator of the manga is...........

*drum roll*

TWO WOMEN!

Closed Thread

Thread Information