AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Opinion On RPG Games.

: azure dreamer : Arisu Reiji will become famous soon enough Arisu Reiji will become famous soon enough Arisu Reiji's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2006 09:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Your Opinion On RPG Games.

Seriously though, there's like an RPG craze going on right now [not to mention with all these Final Fantasy games and what not] and a lot of people are like "wh0a" with this. At least, I am. RPG's are great and all, but I myself think that they're just there for the sole purpose of entertainment and to pass the time when there is nothing else to do. Maybe that's only because I don't have that much time to play RPGs like I use to.

Oh well, what do you think? Maybe you have another preference type of games? Maybe you like fighting? Or maybe sports games better? Whatever the case, let us all here know.
    "The world may never change for the better but that's not the point,
    the point is to live like it will."

Wife of a Ghost BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2008 12:05 AM
    Threads

i primarily play rpgs because of just what you said, ive got alot of time on my hands with nothing to do. i kinda like adventure games too but they dont appeal to me as much because i'd rather go through a game seeing my character get stronger as the time is passed instead of going through a whole game seeing my character at the exact same strangth as he was when he first started his/her adventure...so yeah i would muhc rather an RPG over all

Love and Peace Chrono is infamous around these parts Chrono is infamous around these parts Chrono is infamous around these parts Chrono is infamous around these parts Chrono is infamous around these parts Chrono is infamous around these parts Chrono is infamous around these parts Chrono is infamous around these parts Chrono is infamous around these parts Chrono is infamous around these parts Chrono is infamous around these parts Chrono's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 07:43 PM
    The paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Threads

RPG's are very, very addictive.
    It's kinda like crack. One sniff, you on it llike there's no tomarrow. You lose sleep because of it. It destroys your life.
    Lol. RPG's are good becuase you usually have something to do while having fun with the storyline. Like saving up money for the Omega Sword. Or searching for all of those cute puppies (kingdom hearts).
    That's my opinion.

: azure dreamer : Arisu Reiji will become famous soon enough Arisu Reiji will become famous soon enough Arisu Reiji's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's true BurningBlaze, but of course, I'd just want to point out that adventure games are mostly meant to show the evolving personality of a character and his development rather than their "stats" or "flashy weapons" that most RPGs come with. I'm not siding with adventure games or RPG games, but I feel that adventure games are just as exciting as RPG games. An example of this would be "The Legend of Zelda", no?

Well, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't really mind. I'm just giving you my standpoint on this. I respect your opinion though. It's cool, if I did have as much time as you did playing RPGs, perhaps I would be able to enjoy them more.

Haha.

Senior Member DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2008 05:10 AM
    Threads

Wink Opinion

I like a lto of different games. I like some fighting games like Soul Calibar and Dead or Alive 2. The reason I love RPGs is a lot easier with a party then if it was just one person fighting but I also like a game with a good challenge to it as well as games that are puzzles.
    Ones magical abilities lies witn in ones heart. A true magician never reveals her secrets for they lye witin her alone.

B00ger's Special Fwend! Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2009 08:45 AM
    Threads

I like RPGs, they're fun. I'm really into fighting games though. Stuff like Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, and Mortal Kombat.
    * - - - -][ LOVE ME ][ - - - - *
    * - - - -][HATE ME][ - - - - *

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

RPG games are really on a downward spiral as of late. I'm really ashamed that not many people have noticed it.

Think of it. The new RPGs are nothing but older RPG games that failed and quite frankly were a waste of time.
    Since 2000 it seemed like they left something out of all RPG games made, that something would be a reason to play it again and something to end the tedium of their combat systems.

- Since people don't reply to any topic that does'nt in some way glorify the list of games that shall not be named. They would'nt have noticed the topic in regards to that last paragraph.

It's the cycle of pointless that consumes the market place and the people who do exactly what the companies want them to do. Spend money just to sit and stare without thinking.

RPGs are as linear as they come, (with every final fantasy except X2 as excellent notations.) It's also a shame that RPGs that have a challenge are hardly, HARDLY ever given any time in the light.

To be blunt.

Rpg games have become the trend of the Video-Game World, sort of like how something under appreciated becomes appreciated for the wrong reasons and those that really understand it, can't stand it anymore and move on.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Have a nice day The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-10-2010 08:01 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: paulosergio96

Rpg Games Rule But Not Many People Are Into Them (japan Excluded)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 19th
    RPG games are really on a downward spiral as of late. I'm really ashamed that not many people have noticed it.

Think of it. The new RPGs are nothing but older RPG games that failed and quite frankly were a waste of time.
    Since 2000 it seemed like they left something out of all RPG games made, that something would be a reason to play it again and something to end the tedium of their combat systems.

- Since people don't reply to any topic that does'nt in some way glorify the list of games that shall not be named. They would'nt have noticed the topic in regards to that last paragraph.

It's the cycle of pointless that consumes the market place and the people who do exactly what the companies want them to do. Spend money just to sit and stare without thinking.

RPGs are as linear as they come, (with every final fantasy except X2 as excellent notations.) It's also a shame that RPGs that have a challenge are hardly, HARDLY ever given any time in the light.

To be blunt.

Rpg games have become the trend of the Video-Game World, sort of like how something under appreciated becomes appreciated for the wrong reasons and those that really understand it, can't stand it anymore and move on.
    Perfect. Just the way I would have phrased it if I had a better sense of vocabulary. I wish that games played like they used to back in the day.. When RPGs were just getting into the spotlight, it was still good and all, but as of late.. it just keeps spinning downward and into an unavoidable blackhole. The quality of the games are as you say...

"The new RPGs are nothing but older RPG games that failed and quite frankly were a waste of time."

-Sigh- Anyways... Anyone else have an opinion on this?

pervelicious... /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa|'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:49 AM
    Threads

I managed to read a few good things about RPGs lately such as KOTOR2 (Knights of the old republic 2) and VTMB (Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines), and apparently these 2 arent linear and offer a lot of possibilities to explore. But quite frankly i prefer to explore the possibilities i have out there in the real life since these damn games are unecessarily time consuming, and i have better things to do than sit down and tap buttons all day. I havent played these 2 games yet, i have VTMB on my PC installed, but i havent touched it yet. Hopefully it isnt a let down when i play it. The last RPG i played was Neverwinter Nights and FFX and they werent all that great for the amount of hours i put into them.

In spite of all this, im still eagerly anticipating the release of FF12 like a useless FF addict. FF games are just too cool to refuse when all their character designs, stories, etc are so much more original compared other out their in the sea of mucus in RPG world.

Lycanthrope RTK is on a distinguished road RTK's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2005 06:49 PM
    Threads

When the new Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion comes out that game is going to rock the RPG genera so hard.

If it has half as much stuff as Morrowind had I'm gonna put in at least 200+ hours on it.

...I AM Hell...

Boosh Master General pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2010 01:21 PM
    Threads

RPGs are one of my favorite genres but they're a lot harder than others and takes much more time to finish. I perfer fighting and shooters

Vagay's bOoGeR!! x] harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2012 10:26 AM
    Threads

i like rpg games.they're addicting.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by harakiri
    i like rpg games.they're addicting.
    It's nice to know that you do. Perhaps you are one of the many out there that have enough time to actually enjoy an RPG game.

Senior Member SeijouOmni will become famous soon enough SeijouOmni's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:05 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by pyrothunder336
    RPGs are one of my favorite genres but they're a lot harder than others and takes much more time to finish. I perfer fighting and shooters
    Actually, RPGs are easier than most other genres. They're story based games, and the story needs to be able to progress to fully enjoy them. Almost any challenge in anyRPG can be overcome by going back and making yourself stronger through arbitrary battles that raise your stats. RPGs, generally speaking, require no reflexes, and very little strategic thought besides which series of attacks beats which enemy, and the occasional simple puzzle.

That being said, most RPGs now, which are supposed to be story based, fail to have impressive stories. It's nearly always destroying X ancient evil with Y ancient power in a superficially medieval world that somehow always has futuristic technology yet for some reason everyone still uses swords and other melee weapons instead of just putting a Deagle slug in someone's head. It's all terribly uninspired, with a few exceptions, and with no multiplayer to add a human equation to a monotanous game...I'd rather just play somehting I can enjoy with friends, storyline or no. I only own 2 PS2 RPGs...Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, because these are a couple of the few RPGs in a flooded market that dare to be original in their very core, not jjust a couple of minor differences to battle systems and story progression.
    Well, I just don't want to be a part of something I don't approve of anymore, and haven't approved of in a long, long time.

Member Yukiyo_Hanayo is on a distinguished road Yukiyo_Hanayo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2005 04:15 AM
    Threads

I like RPG's! its more choicey if you know what i mean.....and its not boring because its different from other games

Yukiyo Hanayo

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I like RPGs, but they are loooong, to long and I get tired of them to quickly ...

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation chaoscntrl77 is on a distinguished road chaoscntrl77's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2005 10:46 PM
    Threads

I really like RPGs. It's pretty much all I play right now. I bet RPGs will probably be the only games I'll play from now on(of course with a little exceptions).

Chi chi chi chi chi

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Love the opinions everyone here is giving, and I suppose the random naming of some other games out there to play [gives me a chance to widen my array of game choices in terms of RPG games]. Keep it up, all. The usual RPG keeps me going from time to time when I have the chance to play, I just wish that upcoming RPGs would be multiplayer or have some mode that allows you to enjoy playing with friends and all. I'm not talking about online RPGs [aka FFXI or Ragnarok Online], I'm talking about console RPG games like Star Ocean Till the End of Time.

Sure, some games try innovations and new things like again, Star Ocean Till the End of Time, and even games like.. Ahh.. What was it? -Checks on a previous post- Ah yeah, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Saga. I've been meaning to check that one out. Does anyone have any decent and well-spoken input on this game? If it's worth the money, I'll get it and play it little by little, with.. well, what little time I usually have to play RPGs.

Til' next time..

Atrocious Lust Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2009 07:02 PM
    Threads

I like RPG's because they challenge your mind and it's fun, and the attacks look killer sweet..And whenever your showing somebody that's new to a game your playing, it's fun to show off and show them what you can do.

If you're gonna give me rep, give me bad rep.
    Thanks.

Junior Member Auron626 has a little shameless behaviour in the past Auron626's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2005 03:16 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Arisu Reiji
    Seriously though, there's like an RPG craze going on right now [not to mention with all these Final Fantasy games and what not] and a lot of people are like "wh0a" with this. At least, I am. RPG's are great and all, but I myself think that they're just there for the sole purpose of entertainment and to pass the time when there is nothing else to do. Maybe that's only because I don't have that much time to play RPGs like I use to.

Oh well, what do you think? Maybe you have another preference type of games? Maybe you like fighting? Or maybe sports games better? Whatever the case, let us all here know.
    RPG games i say are the best

Stronger Beyond Belief Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

RPGs are great and addictive
    Sometimes The Minute You Give Up On Everything Somebody Shows Up And Cheers You Up Right Before Your Very Eyes It Happened To Me And He Knows Who He Is I Hope.

back to the old Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 07:54 PM
    Threads

i love rpg's but not massively online player type things just a simple conclse video game is all i want.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

rpg's are just simply my favorite type of video games.....they have a bit of every type of game out there with their side quest and mini games and all

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Senior Member -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2011 06:43 PM
    Threads

go rpgs!....<thats my opinion *moves over the words"go rpgs!" no that wont work...how about:
    i like rpgs,rpgs are like expressing your inner power that u dont know u have, or dont know how to use it.
    its a great way to murder bordom.
    ((if you <3 .hack,then that game exists and i know ive found a pretty close game in japanese if i could only remember it. ))

Closed Thread

Thread Information