AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Super Size Me, obesity, and related issues

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Super Size Me, obesity, and related issues

Hopefully, this thread will get more replies than any "InuYasha" thread ><

Anyhoo, this is obviously a thread concerning obesity and related issues. I recently watched the documentary, "Super Size Me", which, if you don't know, is about a man - Morgan Spurlock - who doesn't eat anything for thirty days, besides McDonalds food.Three meals a day, seven days a week. The results were drastic; he gained ten percent of his weight, and his became physically and mentally unhealthy, among other things.

With obesity becoming a rising threat internationally, I believe that people need to be aware of the dangers of being dangerously overweight, and/or leading an unhealthy lifestyle. Here are some obesity statistics:

58 Million Overweight; 40 Million Obese; 3 Million morbidly Obese
    Eight out of 10 over 25's Overweight
    78% of American's not meeting basic activity level recommendations
    80% of type II diabetes related to obesity
    70% of Cardiovascular disease related to obesity
    42% breast and colon cancer diagnosed among obese individuals
    30% of gall bladder surgery related to obesity
    26% of obese people having high blood pressure

Scary, yes? Anyways, what you you guys think of the rising problem of obesity? What do you think should be done? Add anything related to the issue that you feel needed.

My two cents later.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Senior Member Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2015 03:59 AM
    Threads

So where does the lovely Ami-chan come into this? You're not knacking away on Mcdonalds are you? Shame on you

anyways I advice you eat any sort of fast food once every two weeks.. I don't eat any of that period.. I make my own healthy Nicaraguan food.. reason why I keep shape and keep my body built the way it is. Skinny

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Yes, we've all seen pictures of Karel and how absolutely gorgeous he is :P

I rarely eat McDonalds or any other fast food; however, obesity is a worry. And really, it should be to anyone. While most the poeple who are obese are due to their eating habits, some can't help it. Things such as being obese can be genetic. While most of my family is very small and petite, my grandfather side is quite large. I had an uncle that was 7'6''. My grandfather himself is a rather large fellow, and it does worry me that I will gain weight whenever I am older.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Senior Member Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah Grandfather sounds like a scary guy.. being big and all.. what a guardian for little ol Ami

anyways.. I don't get it.. when I was a little git I would always tell my fat pals, how the heck can you stuff anymore in there, and boy did they love to eat. I would always say you guys look full enough to me, I was the skinny one that could shove all of that in my belly

-The Knight- ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2007 04:18 AM
    Threads

I think the documentary was kinda weird,considering millions of people eat at mcdonalds for months on end.And he was kinda over doing it on his chest pains and stuff i prefer a documentary.By michael moore...But it is just my opinon.
    -The Knight-

Ich liebe dich ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____'s Avatar
    Gil
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 05:47 PM
    Threads

Overweightness, obesity, ect. is one of the major issues in the world.....but mainly in America if you haven't noticed.
    A simple way to stop it most of the time is to eat less (but more healthy foods) and excersize. Meds don't really do much in reality since they can cause some serious damage to your health. One thing I have noticed when I travel around the world is that in countries such as France, Japan, Germany, and many other places as well, there are fewer obeste people. Why? Mainly because they walk a lot more and the food there isn't as filling as in America.

And yeah.....that is scary about the percentage rates.... Oo;

-The Knight- ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE has a reputation beyond repute ESCAFLOWNE's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes americans are getting bigger but it is because of many other things then are food.
    For instance us teens are playing video games or we are on are computors and never outside.Like it ue to be everyone went outside to play baseball or or ride bikes and we get less active.We set aruond being lazy and do not do anything and the whole country is becoming lazy.I beleive in it being your own fault if you gain weight and if you are overweight go on a diet.
    -The Knight-

crimsom swordsman xiaoxiao will become famous soon enough xiaoxiao's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2005 09:30 PM
    Threads

im fat, just overweight fat, not obese. only cuz i have a cast iron tummy and dont exercise.

Assassins kill, but cigarettes kill more...

Ich liebe dich ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____'s Avatar
    Gil
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 05:47 PM
    Threads

Exactly. I agree with you ESCAFLOWNE. This is going to sound like something from Trigun, but it is the choices that we make in life that determine the outcome. Sometimes people can't help but be overweight/obeste because of the meds that they take. My friend who has to take medication for some stuff makes her gain weight, but it really isn't her fault because of her meds. She does everything she can to stay in shape and eat right, but the medicaiton that she takes just does it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well ok, but most of overweight people did not gain weight from meds so that is a bad point.But if it is in that kinda case then it is not the persons fault for being heavy or not.
    -The Knight-

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Ahem. I'm exhausted so I'll give you the big hefty chunk now.

The chemical additives within food and hidden within drinking supplies are what can be surmounted to being obese.

Natural non-super processed foods which are considered the norm in other places are far healther and purer than what americans chow down.
    Now think about this.

If they added something to anytype of food that causes a body mass increase, a chemical or something that assures the "quality " of the meats and vegtables.

That chemical then when ingested forces the human body to hold more fat, but the goverment allows this because then the next step of the plan kicks in. The medical companies.

They define being overweight as a medical illness, which means only medicine can treat it and which medication can treat it. Thus equating a large pay off to the medicine corps.

Now! Anything else that COULD cause weight loss or even CURE it is not allowed nor approved , since America is a country that anyone can sue for anything and win... The FDA does'nt approve of them.
    Now this is how the other smaller non FDA approved people win, people will be too ashamed to sue them. Think of it.
    " I did'nt lose any weight!, but .. I can't go out in public.." Thus, that avoids any bad news on their behalf.

Now, the other things that come with classifiying obese as a sickness. Since we live in a " So you're 200 pounds, you're hideous!" world, this so applies!
    So, a person who weighs 200.. Now thanks to the world suffers from a mental illness and false image because of what the world ahem. . Excuse the pun force feeds into their brains. Oh look, another cash payout for the medical people!

Oh yeah. I did gain my weight from medications, it's quite proven.
    Did you know that old nasal inhibiters (nose sprays) contained a steroid in them? Well, maybe you do. Yet, about 10 years ago the steroid in them was quite stronger. So , my years in middle school rendered me a hulking,rather strong mass of weight.
    Last edited by Nineteenth; 07-17-2005 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Added something.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Wingman The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Tron LightCycle Falcon Autobots
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2015 09:47 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My opinon being a fat person who has lost weight, is that you need to eat write but have a good meal like on the wekends.I lost 40 pounds and i am very happy with myself.I do blame myself for getting fat over the course of like 8 years but it is possible to lose the weight.Trust me^.^ And i also agree with what esca said about being lazy.
    -TWM-

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ESCAFLOWNE
    Yes americans are getting bigger but it is because of many other things then are food.
    For instance us teens are playing video games or we are on are computors and never outside.Like it ue to be everyone went outside to play baseball or or ride bikes and we get less active.We set aruond being lazy and do not do anything and the whole country is becoming lazy.I beleive in it being your own fault if you gain weight and if you are overweight go on a diet.
    guess I'm one of those people, when I'm not working I'm on my comp.. and yet I still have a wicked athletic body.. but I don't exercise alot or even lift weights

But then again I'm not american, and my job is rather rough.. guess that's what's keeping me in shape.

Wingman The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Tron LightCycle Falcon Autobots
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2015 09:47 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karel
    guess I'm one of those people, when I'm not working I'm on my comp.. and yet I still have a wicked athletic body.. but I don't exercise alot or even lift weights

But then again I'm not american, and my job is rather rough.. guess that's what's keeping me in shape.
    Well doing some sort of hard work would help you it is just as good as exercise or even better.
    -TWM-

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'd like to mention a few things.

First of all, don't trash just McDonalds if you're going to attack the fast food industry attack them all. Because they're all the same.

Another note, I worked at McDonalds for Five years, and for Five years I can garentee that I ate a lot of McDonalds food.
    But only after I quit and stopped eating it did I start putting on some weight.

I've figured I can relate it to excersize very easily. You -can- eat McDonalds and keep weight off if you're constantly excersizing.

When I worked there I was on my feet, eight, nine sometimes ten hours a day... and I was constantly moving, I unloaded the truck, I worked in the kitchen I ran the floor... literally.
    Now I have a desk job. I sit in a desk for eight hours a day I come home and I sit at my desk. I have to start going to the gym because honestly our bodies were built to be in motion... not to be sitting.

Obesity is not a 'disease' it's not "Healthy" but people who are obsese shouldn't be ridiculed or made to believe they're disfunctionate because they don't fit our "TV Model" That everyone has made in their mind.
    They should be treated like everyone else. If they like the way they are then leave them alone, if they want to lose weight encourage them and help them find the way to do it. (note if in my opinion... do it without the drugs =P)

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Flaeskbaerg!

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I used to work at McDonald's and since we get free food while working, I ate a big McDonald's meal twice a day 5 day's a week. I remember when I first started working there I could down a 20pc Mcnugget a Bigmac a Doublequarterpounder a doublecheeseburger a large milkshake a couple fountain drinks a parfait 2 pies and a sunday in my 35 minute break. Then they put a $10 cap after I was there for a month. ANYWAY I weighed 115lbs. when I started and when I quit I weighed 117 (I also grew almost an inch in that time). So I don't know if it's just me or what but eating fast food really doesn't make you fat.

Definitally what a lot of the people above me were saying about exercizing is big as well. But it was really annoying when they started the Atkin's fad and everyone wanted low carb all of a sudden. Carb's are good for you. It's your body's primary source of energy. You need to exercise to be healthy and you're trying to lower the ammount you have to burn to get up and do something. Low-carb eventually translates into anerexcia when it starts working well. But anyway that was off-topic.

Yea easiest way to stay healthy is to follow the US health department's recomendation's, i.e. try to get as close to 100% of everthing on that nutrition fact chart, and go out and exercise.

Ok I'm just rambling now, I'll stop.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

I don't eat fast food too often. Or I try not to, at least. After reading the calorie and fat counts in McDonalds' food, I haven't eaten anything there for 3 months. ><

I understand medical related reasons for being overweight.. most of the time. What I CANNOT stand is when people complain about their weight, and yet don't even attempt to exercise or eat healthier.

I say eat what you want, just watch how much of it you eat. ^^;;; ... although lately I haven't been eating any junk food or greasy stuff. Mainly because I haven't been able to get out and excersise as much. Injuries really take a toll on your body. ><

KakaIru luver anbu-kakashi will become famous soon enough anbu-kakashi will become famous soon enough anbu-kakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2006 12:54 AM
    Threads

I'm lazy. But not overweight. I eat one meal a day cause that fills me up.(and cause I'm kinda poor) I really can't believe someone can eat McDonalds everyday and not get a heart attack! And Americans are the ones making big deals of this acause they have ALOT of food stuff. Or so, that's what I saw when I went there.
    "Your eyes show no life. As though your soul is dead and your body is still roaming the Earth."
    "That may be. But care I do not."
    ~~~~~
    -Sisters! Inuyasha-Sakura, Taikyo, Ladyanime,Kakei-Hatake Koga, cowboydemon666, MSCBrock,and Wolf Demon Rin
    -Bros! WhiteReaper and DarkTwilight
    -Want to join?

Moderator / Chat Admin Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Red Ribbon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2014 09:14 PM
    Threads

I say let people be people. Worry about your own weight, and your own body. That's my opinion. I can careless if my neighbor weights 115, 567, or even 246 pounds. I don't care. I'm average, I guess. Not fat, not skinny. And from PERSONAL expierence. I ate Chinese food, TWICE a day. EVERY day. Did not gain a pound. And my job is to sit down all day, and talk to people on the phone. It all depends on HOW MUCH you eat of what you are eating.

Don't over do it. Period. And you'll be fine.

angel destroyer evangelion2008 is infamous around these parts evangelion2008 is infamous around these parts evangelion2008 is infamous around these parts evangelion2008 is infamous around these parts evangelion2008 is infamous around these parts evangelion2008 is infamous around these parts evangelion2008 is infamous around these parts evangelion2008 is infamous around these parts evangelion2008 is infamous around these parts evangelion2008 is infamous around these parts evangelion2008 is infamous around these parts evangelion2008's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2008 08:18 PM
    Threads

i'm fat and i love it

I'm not crazy...the world is the crazy one

Fiddle Faddle Victim Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2007 01:04 AM
    Threads

I come from an obese family. My sister just had the ever-popular gastric bypass surgery and has lost about 50-80 pounds in the first three months alone. This surgery is only recommended for morbidly obese people. My parents were both skinny when they were younger, and I am what people in this city like to call a "twig" even though I do have some fat here and there. Considering I live with people like this, and deal with them daily, I find nothing wrong with them. If you can live your life happy, so be it then. Yes, obesity can become a health problem, and no, most people with the illness do NOT eat at McDonald's every damn day of the week.

I admit it, i'm young, and I love fast food. I love looking at my heart-attack-in-a-bag then scarfing it down. I also lost 40 pounds in the past year. McDonald's is NOT the problem, at least not all of it. People need to exercise and think positively. Mental health has a LOT to do with it. Anyway, as long as you are happy with who you are, that is all that matters.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wow.. I never would have imagine Lisa, last pic I saw of you..you were a little slender gal.. but there's always one in the family that comes out different.

Master of Jinchuu Himura Enishi is on a distinguished road Himura Enishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2005 02:04 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

A simple way to stop it most of the time is to eat less (but more healthy foods) and excersize.
    Got it a lil bit backwards...Studies show eating more of good food is the better way to kose weight, let me elaborate. A person who only is eating three meals a day is signaling to his body that his metabolism needs to kick in at only three key times, and throughout the rest of the day it can idle because you're not consuming anything. Basically, eating like 6-8 small HEALTHY meals a day is the best way to shed fat. This keeps your bodies metabolism at a costant rate, and if you are not consuming fat and sugar will make your metabolism directly consume your fat.
    The worst thing you can do is eat less. This prompts the primitive reaction in your body that an external factor is affecting your food source, kicking your body into a 'survival mode'. While in this way of operating, your body will consume muscle first, because it considers fat a nessecity for warmth.
    Long winded explanation but I really got into fitness in the last few months. I dropped from 215 to 186 lbs. and went from 21% body fat to 8%. Losing weight is all about dedication, and if anyone has more questions about the issue feel free to ask me. Another sad fact in America is roughly 1.5% of americans are under 10% body fat

AnimeFiend VRini87 will become famous soon enough VRini87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2006 01:33 PM
    A place full of hicks, fried chicken, and bad teeth...Georgia, of course. Nah, I love GA
    Threads

Our class watched "Super Size Me" in economics, and most of us agreed that it was kinda pointless. We already knew that anyone would gain wait if they ate nothing but fastfood everyday, all day. Plus, I don't remember the guy exercising. I feel that many obesity cases are due to lack of physical activity and senseless eating. As technology makes life easier, fewer and fewer people will have the need to get out and do things themselves. Pour example, why go shopping when you can buy almost anything online; Why go out and meet people when you can find some online, etc. However, it also depends on one's body type and genetics. A lot of heavy people can't help it, and they'll probably be large no matter what they eat. I also agree with Himura Enishi, eating several small meals will keep your metabolism active. One reason for overeating is due to instinct. The ancestors of humans had to eat as much as they could because they didn't know when they would get their next meal. Sorta like a pride of lions at mealtime. Although, it is unlikely that most of us will starve if we don't overeat, humans still have that same primitive mentallity as our ancestors.
    "A woman is like a tea bag, you cannot tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
    - Nancy Reagan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information