AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which pilot is the best from all Gundam series?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amuro Ray

16 10.06%
  • Char Aznable

10 6.29%
  • Domon Kasshu

9 5.66%
  • Tohou Fuuhai Master Asia

1 0.63%
  • Heero Yuy

52 32.70%
  • Zechs Merquise

7 4.40%
  • Kira Yamato

35 22.01%
  • All of them

4 2.52%
  • Others

23 14.47%
  • none

2 1.26%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Which pilot is the best from all Gundam series?

Senior Member Goku(AKIRA) is an unknown quantity at this point Goku(AKIRA)'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2006 11:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

heero yuy hands down and the first Gundam series was the best
    Belive in yourself and create your own destiny.Don't be a failure

SPed of the Week clowtrigger is on a distinguished road clowtrigger's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2006 07:39 AM
    Threads

WTHeck are you talking About?? Gundam Wing is NOT the First Gundam Series, it's Mobile Suit Gundam, The one With Amuro Ray!!!... Sheesh, This Thread gets Lamer by the minute

Senior Member raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2010 08:54 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by clowtrigger
    Heero is not the best because Amuro and Kira could rip off his ***
    heero would kick kira butt. amuro vs heero i would love to see that
    art and anime is my life.

Senior Member Star Alchemist has a spectacular aura about Star Alchemist has a spectacular aura about Star Alchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2009 12:39 PM
    Central City - Or whatever district I'm stationed.
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Taylor11x

Quote Originally Posted by bakakame
    Gundam Wing a fantasy?

I know that wing was specifically made to attract new crowds to the Gundam Universe, so it's not gonna be as "technical" but I would hardly call it fantasy either.

Anyway yea when posting your pilot choice would be helpful to give a bit of a reason. I understand that answers CAN be different. Like I said before our views on what makes a "pilot" are gonna vary, so there's gonna be more than one right answer.

My personal view on what makes a pilot is from the view of someone who has been working for 2 years now to try to become a marine. I feel that there is more to being a pilot than just controling your mobile suit. Attitude, calm, focus, experiance, as well as others are a part of being a successful soldier.

Of the Gundam era's, I feel that the best pilots by that description are:

UC - Char
    AC - Zechs
    CE - Mwu

and of those 3 I feel that Zechs is the best view of what a pilot should be, and my vote still stands as the only one he has.
    If you read all of the posts I stated outside of all the characters outside of the Universal Century Zechs would be the best pilot so I agree with you in that respect...

But things go off into fantasyland when one single poilot and kill off 100 moble suits ... Thats just totally out the window. And to a group of people who saw Universal Century Animes first... Then it would just look very strange... It is enertaining... But you working to become a Mariene you should know better than anyone, a pilot even shooting down ten airplanes in a battle would make him a legend among the ranks

But when you talk about the quallities of a solider... Didn't Zechs end up betraying Triez(sp?)..? And wasn't he the same guy who wanted to blow up the earth..? So if you're talking about terrorist tactics then I question your defnition of a good soldier...
    Last edited by Star Alchemist; 08-12-2005 at 01:29 AM.

"Be thou for the people..."

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, in UC Char tried to kill off the earth by dropping asteroids on it, and I haven't seen much of Destiny (finally finished downloading episode 2, the only one I have) so I don't have much information, but it looks like Mwu sorta turned into Rau.

Also let's face it this is anime, in SEED 4 prototype mobile suits took out an entire orbital fleet that was lead by the guy who had the mobile suits built, and later on you have the freedom and justice blowing the crap outs mobile suits left and right and acurately enough to not even kill anyone at that. Heero blowing up 100 guys isn't that much different. I mean it's anime, come on.

That's just how it goes to make the shows more dramatic. Except for in Wing, all the protagonists were civilians who just suddenly needed to jump into a mech and kick butt. All the antagonists ended up going off and trying to kill everyone. That's just the way it is in anime.
    Last edited by bakakame; 08-12-2005 at 12:27 PM.

Senior Member Star Alchemist has a spectacular aura about Star Alchemist has a spectacular aura about Star Alchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

You're veyr correct... That -IS- how it goes... Realistic or not. It is Anime like I had stated before. Fantasyland.

And besides the fact, I wasn't talking about Gundam SEED, I was talking about the Universal Century Animes. You will not see a single pilot take down 100 Mobile suits in any Universal Century Anime. Kinda like you will not see any real pilot take down 100 Airplanes in a dog fight... People like that sense of realism in Anime, and if you saw the earlier gundam shows first, then Wing would just be a comedy to them having no sense of realism.

SPed of the Week clowtrigger is on a distinguished road clowtrigger's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2006 07:39 AM
    Threads

^Yup... I was re-watching Zeta and It's nothing like Gundam Wing and Also in SEED Destiny, It's not the way you said it because the EA and ZAFT both have advanced mobile suits now. It's like the Three Ship Alliance has Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice but ZAFT Has Destiny and Legend. Orb now has better suits than that of EA and ZAFT, ClyneFaction has the DOM... The variety of suits rivals UC.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well in most of the Universal Century series even though Zeon isn't still around, they still have some simular looking mobile suits... So I guess it is a trait of the series.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 12:30 AM
    Threads

I vote for Char Aznable, and for actual decent reasons.

1.)Screen presence, even Char haters can't deny the fact that whenever he's on screen he steals most every characters presence (except mabye Amuro's because well, he's the star of the show).

2.)Piloting ability. In raw piloting ability i'd say he is Amuro's equl. I've seen countless debates on who is better, and where skill comes in and where pure "Newtype potential" is but i'd say more or less they are equl.

3.)Political ambition, you just got to love it.

4.)And this one may sound stupid but he had far cooler flings with females than Amuro ever had... except mabye Lahlah Sunne which they both shared.

Starlighten Beauty *Stargazer* is infamous around these parts *Stargazer* is infamous around these parts *Stargazer* is infamous around these parts *Stargazer* is infamous around these parts *Stargazer* is infamous around these parts *Stargazer* is infamous around these parts *Stargazer* is infamous around these parts *Stargazer* is infamous around these parts *Stargazer* is infamous around these parts *Stargazer* is infamous around these parts *Stargazer* is infamous around these parts *Stargazer*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2005 01:44 PM
    Threads

All of them
    My boyfriend:Tenchu1973
    Beautiful Butterfly Wings
    THEY'RE MINE!!!!!
    copy this to help them bulid an army and then destroy everything

Member GhostFireFly will become famous soon enough GhostFireFly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2005 10:17 PM
    Threads

I'd say Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny.
    Oboreterumogaiteru kokoro
    Memaiga surukurai no uso wo
    Uketomete hikisaita
    Soshite watashi ga
    mayoikomunowa
    Usuyami no sekai

Senior Member mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2008 05:05 PM
    Threads

Heero is the best in my book but Kira overall would kill Amuro and destroy everyone else
    Master Cane
    Master of the Wu-Tang Sword Style
    Master of the 36 Chambers
    Master of Saolin Shadow Boxing

The Seventh Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2007 01:39 AM
    Threads

i think Heero is the best

Sweet Set By Jagan Eye

Member shanyetta is an unknown quantity at this point shanyetta's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2007 09:36 PM
    Threads

Default :)

Heero, but if there were two choices Heero and Zechs, they were always pretty evenly matched.
    "...Im still only able to walk the path of a soldier. -Zechs

Which FF Character Are You?

Member AzNTediZ is on a distinguished road AzNTediZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2006 09:12 AM
    Threads

Heero is better cuz he is always focused
    [If only i could turn Super Saiyan...]

[Hand over the ramen, and everything will be okay.... or else ill ge these guys to make u]

Member AzNTediZ is on a distinguished road AzNTediZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2006 09:12 AM
    Threads

Heero is better cuz he is always focused
    [If only i could turn Super Saiyan...]

[Hand over the ramen, and everything will be okay.... or else ill ge these guys to make u]

Junior Member SerenityPeace will become famous soon enough SerenityPeace's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2006 02:47 AM
    Threads

The best is Kira Yamato.

Furuba fan forever

Searching for Paradise White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 10:07 PM
    Threads

Im going to say Amuro Ray he got into the Gundam and took it from there,He had great piloting skills and My second choice would be Char because he just cant be ignored while on screen
    The name White Wolf is synonymous with honor,and it will live on in the minds of his friends and foes alike.

That the fear will leave us when we know He is with us and it is wonderful.

They had been defected and excommunicated
    and all the pulses were subverted
    and they made sure that the obituaries showed pictures of smoke stacks
    150 mph club

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

I go with the Extendeds. Because they could keep pace with genetically superior co-ordinators. Especially the first three Shani, Orga, and Crot since they were the least modified. All they had was a little mental conditioning and Gamma Glipheptin seperating them from other naturals
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Senior Member bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2013 08:48 PM
    Threads

Heero Yuy, is my favorite pilot. He is the best gundam pilot I've seen in the gundam series that I saw.
    Sig no longer in development...

Member shinryuzero is an unknown quantity at this point shinryuzero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2007 03:23 AM
    Threads

Hello, a newbie here in these forum. My Vote for best pilot is Heero Yuy .

Now why is he my Favorite? For the sake of argument... and for some clarifications... Now I would only base My comparisons on the type of "People" the Gundam Universe has that I know.

New Types:
    Generally they are just... People... with enhance ability of perseption. Now for those who would say "What?! NT's are not just like that?!" well Amuro himself said those word in one of the episodes of the first gundam series Aside from that it is always been in every Super Robot Wars dialoge that pertains to NT's. Think of NT's as people with "Exceptional Skills" Given by Nature. Are they Good? Yes they are. But that Doesn't mean they cant be defeated. Even with those Fancy Funnels. Look at Garrod Ran of GX he was beaten silly by a NT at first bec. of that Funnel Weapon but Later he learned that it can be stopped.

Coordinators:
    They are like NT's but are genetically enhanced Both Physically and Mentally. They are not Natural as we all know but, what most people don't know that being a Cordy (Coordinator) doesn't mean that Everything has been Enhanced to them. Some don't have the abilities of Athrun, Shinn or Kira. They are Just Coordinators because some Hereditary Illness have been remove from their Genes. Also The Greatest Flow of Cordy's is the fact that they can no longer evolve. I wont go to the statistics of "Evolution" since this is just a Minor Description of Cordy's.

Super Human:
    Well... This is the only description of the G-Fighters of the G-Gundam Universe. Heck they are just Naturals with... Unusual Abilities .

Naturals:
    Plain old humans...

Old Types:
    Ancestors of New Types. Slight Enhancement courtesy of nature but are not that Evolve like NT's

Enhanced:
    Usually this type of people are forced to go Beyond NT's and Cordy's. Some are Genetically Enhanced but not like Cordy's that Enhancements are done while still in Embrayo stage. Enhanced people get enhancement when they reach their Growing stage either by the use of Genetic Manipulation or By some sort of medicine. Most Only leave a short Life. Clones can be said to belong in this Group.

Kai:
    In Between Enhanced and Super Human. Comparable or even better than NT's or Cordy's. Basically they are Gifted with aspects that are enhanced through experience and training. They are Very Fast learners and can cope to almost any situations. Although their abilities don't include creating techniques like those of Domon or have Ultra sensetive perception ability found on NT's and Cordy's they are more than a match To those type of persons. Also since NT's, Cordy's and SH type of persons deal with the fact that they can Speculate their opponents move Because of their enhanced perception through their opponents emotions... Thus The lightning thing that sparks to NT's and Cordy's whenever they fire those Funnels and sensing other NT's, Kai's don't show any sign of EMOTIONS making this type of people hard to predict in battle.

Now you might all be wondering why the hell I have to mention those type of people in the Gundam Universe or where the heck did I got those Info's so Here are the answer for those 2 Questions:

1. To make it Clear the Reason Why I choosed Heero... 'coz Heero is a Kai Person.

2. Research. A Good Source of info are Gundamofficial.com and wikipedia though some info's are missing or contradicting to official statements maybe because of mistranslation, Games that Came from Bandai namely the SD Generation Series. I would also like to mention that although the SD Generation Series give Good Info on the different Gundam Universe I also did ask questions Through E-mails at the support section of sunrise and bandai. Although it will take forever for them to actually answer you back . Other sources are Japanese magazines Such as New Type Magazine (Old Ones), Video Footage of interviews with the creators of the different series, heck you can find them in the Internet if you search throughly. Some came from friends residing in Japan. Take note though that my Research goes WAYYYYYYYYYY BACKKKKK... and of course watching/reading the actual series.

I based my opinion on these why I choosed Heero. Every Pilot has their strenght and weaknesses and in the end its just generally the preference of each individual. Oh yeah... Another thing Heero Has Been Raised as A living Perfect Weapon... Kira was designed to be an Ultimate Coordinator in which in the end he is still human with issues. Sure Those famouse NT's and Cordy's are great but the fact still remains... They where not made as weapons.

BTW... There is someone more greater than Heero Yuy... Unfortunately I'm not sure if you can consider him as a pilot. He also resides in the GW universe and as a final Footnote.... NT's, OT's, Cordy's, Naturals and SH's cant control the ZERO System... Just worth mentioning.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by shinryuzero
    Old Types:
    Ancestors of New Types. Slight Enhancement courtesy of nature but are not that Evolve like NT's
    According to the Gundam novels written by Yoshiyuki Tomino (the creator of Gundam) Oldtypes is a derogatory term used by Spacenoids to those who have backwards, earth-centric thinking.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

According to the Gundam novels written by Yoshiyuki Tomino (the creator of Gundam) Oldtypes is a derogatory term used by Spacenoids to those who have backwards, earth-centric thinking.
    Yeah what you say is also right. But due to evolution of the Gundam Universe and the complexity of some Dimensions in the story some of the Terms actually used Vary in the different universe of Gundam. The old type I use was that of the GX universe or time line. I was confused for a long time about such a statement coming from Tomino if you compare it to the other description of the other creators of the other series . But I guess this is due to the fact that most people just redifine things and varies in the perspective of each creators.

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Aaah so your reference of Oldtypes are the "Grade F's" during the After War timeline. (The group of failed attempts at creating Cyber Newtypes led by the Frost Brothers who displayed unique powers and abilities, but often serve psychotic tenacities.)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yup. kinda confusing but since where talking about pilots here (Not name calls) I used the terms that are generally depicting a pilot OT.

Ironically most debates about whos the who of the Gundam universe actually comes from the fact that most people has still little knowledge about the truth of the Gundam Universe. Sufficient enough to say in reallity all pilots are good at what they do. but I guess Bandai also has the greatest fault. You can see it in their Games and other stuff conserning merchandising their gundams. Heck they just want to keep the people wanting more so in the end its still bussiness.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information