AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate this anime!

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll

43 42.57%

21 20.79%

12 11.88%

6 5.94%

5 4.95%

3 2.97%

1 0.99%

3 2.97%

1 0.99%

6 5.94%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV series] Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

The Honorable Reaper WhiteReaper has a spectacular aura about WhiteReaper has a spectacular aura about WhiteReaper's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2006 12:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV series] Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

As is the case with the Fullmetal Alchemist review and ALL reviews on this forum, POST ONLY REVIEWS!!! Failure to do so and spam instead will result in a warning and deletion of your post!!!

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
    AKA: Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED
    TV, 50 episodes
    By Sunrise, 2002-2003

Genre: Mecha, Action, Sci-fi, Drama.

Plot Synopsis:

It is year 70 CE (cosmic era), and there are large scale conflicts occuring between the Earth Forces/Naturals (normal humans) and ZAFT/Coordinators (genetically enhanced humans). Despite the fact the Naturals far outnumber the Coordinators, a quick victory was impossible, and the war progressed for 11 months with no sign of any victor. In the neutral space colony known as Heliopolis, resides a normal young man named Kira Yamato, a student at a technical college. However, his life drastically changes one day when Heliopolis is attacked and invaded by ZAFT. A series of events leads him to discover that Heliopolis is housing 5 Earth Alliance prototype mobile suits. For the sake of protecting his friends, he pilots one of these Gundams, but not before learning that one of his oldest friends, Athrun Zala, is a ZAFT soldier. The pressures of the war, and various other circumstances force the two close friends to unwillingly fight one another in the hopeless war.

Story:
    9.5/10

The story of Gundam SEED is a truly epic, tragic, and even foreboding tale. There is quite a bit of racism in the story on both sides of the conflict. It is really not very farfetched when you think about it, as even today conflicts and senseless violence occur simply because of the way people are born just as in this anime. Even though the story is centered around a war and on the people caught in the middle, it is very clearly anti-war. The only thing that keeps it from getting a perfect score is that the ending is kind of weak. However, the story is continued in Gundam SEED Destiny, so I can forgive it more easily.

Character: 10/10

This is the main reason that I love this series (moreso than the Gundam battles). The amount of character development in this series is staggering. Every character is believeable and more human than I've ever seen in an anime. Kira and Athrun are the two most realistic protagonists I have ever seen. They are not just characters in an anime, they are people that we meet in life, they are people that we know as friends. The rest of the supporting cast is well produced also. So much to the point that even the supposed villains clearly aren't true villains, and supposed heroes aren't true heroes.

Animation: 9/10

An impressive feat, no doubt about it. The characters are well designed and easily distinguishable. But where it truly shines is the large-scale battles, in particular, the Gundam battles, which are so well animated and choreographed it takes my breath away. The colors are very vibrant also. There are a few things that bug me a bit though. First of all, there are instances where certain shots are used too often (such as certain pilots yelling in their cockpits). And the Archangel (a very prominent battleship) is cel-shaded, which is only annoying because is stands out so blatantly from everything else as too CG. Otherwise, a very commendable effort.

Sound/Music: 9.5/10

A very fitting soundtrack. I cannot honestly think of any track that felt out of place. The openings and the endings were both appropriate and catchy. The first opening, Invoke, is quite possibly my favorite J-pop ever, and a work of absolute genius. The voice acting is very well done for all characters. The seiyuu's even gave their characters their own little quirks and differing speech patterns (Just listen to the way Yzak says "shut up". It is so distinct!)

Overall: 9.5/10
    I admit that until I had seen this series, I never really cared much about any of the Gundam series, Gundam Wing being the only one I had seen previously to any degree (the characters just didn't really appeal to me that much...). After watching Gundam SEED, I'm sold. I don't care if it does borrow some element from previous Gundam Series, this is one of the most enthralling, moving animes I've ever seen. Now for me to watch Gundam SEED Destiny....
    Last edited by WhiteReaper; 06-16-2005 at 10:25 PM.
    Family

Brother in Arms: Saint Mana
    Sister in Arms: JiruCloud
    Sister: Anbu-Kakashi

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Story.8/10:It has a very interesting story that really is good with the whole idea of gundam seed.But it is lacking in many departments like polotics and not giving the characters very good back stories. It is basically a pretty simplec story that they just added lots of different things too.For instance, there were so many different people and twists and fights .That they were trying to make up for a not so great story and they did a good job.So it deserves a 8 for just how good it camre out with not much of a story.

Character.8/10:They were many interesting and very good looking characters in gundam seed.I liked alot of the characters and they gave the characters good names and looks.It deserves a solid 8 for very good characters thati was happy with and enjoyed seeing in different situations.

Animation.9/10:The animation was very impressive because of it's new look and how went well with the show.I do not think it would have been such a good anime without this animation.A 9 is a perfect score for the animation and i really think the animation was one of gundam seed's best parts.

Audio.8.5/10:The audio was farelly good and i thought there was some good music throughout the show.The voices of the characters were all pretty good and went well with the characters.A 8.5 it most deffinetly deserves for very good voice acting and good music.

Overall.9/10:It deserves a 9.5 because it is actully one of the better gubdam series you can watch.With great characters and animation combined with good music and voice overs.It really all came togethor to make a splendid anime that i enjoyed watching.
    -TWM-

The Cold Saint Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2007 08:56 PM
    Threads

This review will contain no spoilers of Gundam SEED Destiny. So rest easy.

Story (9.5/10)
    Well, Gundam series are known for their compelling stories. At least, the better series are. At any rate, Gundam SEED is no exception.
    The story of Gundam SEED is wrought with thrilling plot twists, interesting politics, and a rate of development that is almost perfect.
    Despite taking place in the not so distant future, it is very easy to relate to all the problems and issues present in Gundam SEED. For instance, the conflict between the Coordinators and the Naturals, this manner of conflict is not as far of as you might think. We have the technology today capable of cloning a human, and we certainly can attempt to "coordinate" humans at birth, through gene manipulation. This type of conflict can, and will, occur in our own future. That is what makes it so fascinating to see in Gundam SEED, when you watch it yo know that it won't be too long before that manner of discrimination will be upon us.
    Another aspect I love about Gundam SEED is that it actually makes politics interesting. Now, in our world, politics are not utterly boring, but they lack anything that interests me. In Gundam SEED, most of the politicians are reasonably intelligent, and quite capable of doing their job correctly. You find yourself becoming attached to one nation and its government, and you tend to root for them throughout the series.
    The story has it's minor flaws though, a few things left unexplained. However, those are covered eventually.

Characters (10/10)
    The characters in Gundam SEED are virbrant, and very human. When watching the series you might think to yourself that you and a certain character could really have been friends given the chance. If you ask me, it is the characters that really sets Gundam SEED apart from most of the earlier Gundam series. Take Gundam Wing for instance. The characters, while cool, did not seem too human. They were either too powerful, to too unbalanced. This is certainly not the case for Gundam SEED. The main characters, have all the problems you would expect them to have: Relationship issues, jealousy, anger, confusion, loyalty issues, the list goes on.
    Take the character Athrun Zala as an example. Athrun, one of the two main characters, often questions his allegiance throughout the series. He struggles with the fact that his best friend ends up fighting him at every turn, his father is becoming increasingly violent towards naturals, his friends are being killed around him. Athrun Zala is a very realistic character, that one can really identify with.
    Even the lesser characters, such as Colonel Todaka, or Reverand Marchio are very well developed and have a destinct personality.
    The villains in Gundam SEED, are displayed in a truly interesting way. In fact, calling them villains is inaccurate, they are better describled as antagonists. No one really seems like a villain in this series, not until the very end. Even, those you may have considered villains, may not be so easy to read.
    The characters of Gundam SEED are some of my favorite characters in anime, and I truly admire the way they have come together.

Animation (9.5/10)
    The animation of Gundam SEED is really quite spectacular.
    Now, whenever I rate an anime's animation, I always consider the date of the anime's intitial release. In this case, it would be 2002.
    That being said, the animation was really some of, if not, the best around at the time. The colours are the first thing I noticed about Gundam SEED's animation style. All the older Gundam series, had dull colours. They had a really drab look, that was not too pleasing. The colours in Gundam SEED, however, are incredibly vibrant and varied. Everything from the hair colours, to the environmental backdrops, to the explosions. It is call bright and pleasing. Even the scenes in space are bright and beautiful. It doesn't seem dark and empty at all.
    The colours are really great because, they really can convey any type of atmosphere they throw at you. Cheery, sad, violent, the works.
    The action scenes in Gundam SEED are excellent to say the least. You have large scale Mobile Suit battles on every sort of terrain. The battles are simply beautiful. They convey a sense of sheer magnitude, that I have never seen before. The battles are so masterfully done, that it is hard to dock points from the animtion score. However, I did find that some scenes were repeatedly used. Scenes such as showing a pilot yell something from inside his cockpit just prior to his attack. It was a bit overdone, but it does not really detract from the the show's charm.
    One more thing I wish to comment on, are the Mobile Suit designs. They are spectacular, if I may say so. I'll not list any specific models, but the Mech designs in Gundam SEED are far better than any previous Gundam series. Try watching Gundam SEED to the end, then go back and watch Gundam Wing, or Turn-A Gundam. You will be shocked at how inferior the designs are in the elder Gundam series.

Soundtrack/Voice Acting (10/10)
    Wow. The music in Gundam SEED is perfect. Every single track seemed to perfectly convey the mood of the scene. The action tracks were very catchy, but it did not distract you from the glorious action it supported. The dramatic moments are backed by soft, yet intense themes that really convey the mood of the scene. There is nothing to gripe about with this soundtrack. It is varied enough so that is never get's old, but the different tracks are familiar enough with each other so that they create a sense of unity within the soundtrack.
    The Openings ans Endings are also extremely well done. Invoke by TM Revolution is one of the best openings I've seen. It truly fits with Gundam SEED's style, heavy action and deep drama. The other openings: Momeny by Vivian or Kazuma, and Believe and Realize by Nami Tanaka are all great. I felt that Moment was not as good as the rest, but it was by no means bad. The endings were also all good. Great work by See-Saw here on the first ending theme, and the quality stick right until the end.
    The voice acting is all good here. As is usually the case. I did find the Haro's be be cute at first, but they got aggravating. That, however, is not cause to detract points. For annoying as they are, the Haro's are perfectly acted.

Overall (9.8/10)
    Overall, I must say that This anime is one of the best anime's I have ever seen. Second only to Gundam SEED Destiny. Gundam SEED is an anime that almost anyone can enjoy, mech fan or not. You have hardcore actions scenes, deep enthralling drama, fascinating characters, and an intense conflict driven storyline. I reccomend Gundam SEED to any fan of anime. If you are a fan of Gundam, I am sure you will not be dissapointed. This anime is not to be missed, and at the very least, you should give it a shot.
    Mankind's greatest achievment? Dragonball Z. Bar none.

Member Fllay is on a distinguished road Fllay's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-21-2006 04:42 PM
    Threads

May contain spoilers.

Story 9/10

The story was very interesting. It kept me hooked so badly because you always wan't to know what might happen next. It made a point and very dramatic. You can actually relate to the characters and the situation.

Characters 8/9.5

The characters are good especially Fllay she made me blurt out loads of emotions. The character developments are good and well written. However it still picks up the perfect people kind of character which doesn't really give that much development. But fans loved it that's really the point. The main characters are Kira and Athrun. They're bestfriends who ends up fighting each other. Another plus on being realistic. Everyone have different beliefs even bestfriends.

Animation 9/10

All I can say is the animation is great... Especially the gundam fights boy it rocked. But I don't like gray like colors which I ususally see dark and light. And if those kinds of colors sre screencaped it won't be so good. But above all it's well done.

Sound track/Music 9.5/10

The music is just pure magnificent. It fits just right.

Overall 9/10

I never really liked gundam series but I got hooked in this one. Now I'm cursed on being obsessed. This is definitely the best gundam series ever.
    I was asleep............. so I'll wait for the light...............

Glad member of the Bishies Hunters clan.
    Hikaru from Magic Knights Reyearth.

Picture of Minoru Sama

[K_K]'z Death Plague iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2006 12:22 PM
    Threads

story 9/10
    This series of Gundam i think was one of the greatest, it wasnt as great as Gundam Seed Destiny but it still lead up to Destiny. Again the only reason why this isnt getting full scores is because of the recap episodes. I honestly think that there shoudnt be that many recap episodes but other then that the story line is great. It starts off kind of weird and you wont understand it but keep watching and you will start gettin what is happening.

Characters 10/10
    I really think they did a great job on the characters because unlike most anime there isnt a very obnoxious punk who recks the whole anime. They introduce you to 3 main characters in the 1st episode, Kira Yamato, Athrun Zala, and Marrue Ramius. I really have nothing to complain about the characters in this series.

Animation 10/10
    Really really awsome animation, also very detailed. They make the animation look great at the time it was released i would say this is one of the best animations of its time. I really liked when the mobile suits fought the animation was very cool and easy to follow.

Overall 9/10
    Great anime overall, i recomend this anime to all anime fans. There are lots of awsome people who die (not stating for obvious reasons) whitch kind of makes me sad but hey people have to die in anime. I liked this gundam series the best out of the other ones.
    join my forums, its about anime and gaming
    http://s12.************.com/Gamingforum
    lalala laaaaa la lalala laaaaaa la
    if u kno wut song this is from.....u got problems

why you dont take drugs....

my family
    sister: hieiwifeforever
    brother: Xieshunnuan
    brother: philmaster628
    younger brother:_inuyasha_
    sister:Ayame Sohma
    mistress: Animeglobe
    Uncle:Armageddon
    brother:anime OG

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Story: 7/10
    Gundam SEED is indeed epic in it’s storyline, and indeed it has a story to tell. Unfortunately for the viewer, what we have here is a story that has been told before. There are many situations in which the viewer is taken back to the original Mobile Suit series, almost part for part.

The attack on Helipolis is strikingly similar to the attack on Side 7, The Archangel being taken hostage by the Artemis spaceport is strikingly similar to Wakkens arrest of the White Base Crew at Lunar II. Later on the Desert Tiger arc reminded me far too much of the Ramba Ral arc.

Although there are many portions of SEED that flash the viewer back, it does make a strong and valiant attempt to tell it’s own stories and present it’s own themes. This time around, it is very difficult to discern who is the “good guys” and “bad guys”, with both sides having, and continuing to commit atrocities in the name of the fatherland.

Unfortunately, Gundam SEED has a serious problem with pacing, with a disturbingly frequent amount of episodes dedicated entirely to flashbacks, I quite honestly saw Kira’s first battle in Strike Gundam in nearly it’s entirety at least 4 times throughout the series. And one point in the series, the viewer is presented with 2 flashback episodes in a row, although one episode has roughly 1 minute of new footage near the end, the footage is close to irrelevant, and the information is presented in the following episode anyway.

In the last few episodes, unfortunately, the storyline falls flat on its face. Many mysteries, which are built up over the entire series, are solved. Often these poor results appear to have been written in at the last second, with no forethought to them. These mysteries leave the viewer utterly disappointed.

Characters: 8/10
    One of the strongest points in the series is it’s well developed characters, although again, you can see many of the characters have strong aspects from characters in previous Gundam series. Kira Yamato is a perfect stand in for Amuro Ray, Lacus Klien is a very strange mix of Lahlah Sunne and Fraw Bo, Tolle Koeing as Kai Shiden, Murre Ramius and Natarle Badgiruel appear to be the two aspects of Bright Noahs personality. The most blatent of these copying of characters are Andrew Waltfeld and Aisha, who are perfect carbon copies of Ramba Ral and Hamon Crowley.

Most of the characters are fairly well developed, and you can clearly see how the war affects them. Kira and Athuran in particular are very well explored, as you get to see the strain that their situation puts them through.

Animation: 7/10
    This is the second Gundam series to use computer animation, and you can see the results (and I personally wonder if computers were used to give the perfect kinetic “bounce” to Maurre in the opening sequence). Colours are used exceptionally well here, although at many times the bright colours seem to strangely contrast with the often-dark mood of the show.

The use of CG on some shots, particularly of the Archangel look somewhat ridiculous on the cel animated backgrounds, and often it seems as if they were put in simply to say, “hey look how cool we are, we have CG”. Also, throughout some episodes, there is a clear downgrade in the all round animation quality in varying scenes which make the viewer wonder if these were the points in which the budget was low (thus the overuse of flashback episodes).

Sound/Music: 8/10
    The music is a distinctly mixed bag here, some of the opening music is particularly remarkable, particularly Nami Takami’s work on the opening songs “Believe” and “Realize”. Both with incredibly appropriate tunes which coincide perfectly with the animations, and the feelings they are trying to present.

The background music though, was surprisingly unremarkable, although the tunes are familiar, few of them truly seem memorable and do little to enhance the mood, and were for the most part, rather boring.

The sound effects were used rather well, the new “generic mobile suit walk” used in this series is particularly good, although it ended up being overused. It is obvious that there was an attempt to “update” Gundam for the new millennium, and the new standard sound effects seem to confirm this.

Voice acting is rather well, with many of the Seiyuu greats appearing to perform in various roles. Koyasu Takehito and Mitsuishi Kotono stood head and shoulders above everybody else, both performing their roles to perfections. The rest of the cast, most of whom were new-comers to this series have used this as a vehicle to greatly, and deservedly further their careers.

Overall: 7/10
    Obviously Gundam SEED is as stated earlier, an attempt to bring the Gundam franchise into the new millennium. Frankly, this reviewer has to say “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. The writers had an opportunity to tell their own tale involving this new and exciting setting, unfortunately it carried some of the baggage that weakened other AU Gundams. Trying to replicate popular characters, hammering in the down with war message which nearly ruined Gundam Wing, and most of all, they lacked the near genius writing style of Yoshiyuki Tomino who made Gundam great.

This could have been something big, but it seems it is merely another failed attempt to try and succeed on using the Gundam formula. Giant Robot + Teenager + Angst + War + Mysterious Masked Man + Conspiracy = $
    Last edited by SGI; 11-16-2005 at 11:45 PM.

Junior Member K2KM is on a distinguished road K2KM's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2006 02:30 PM
    Threads

Wink Gundam Seed Rating

Hi everyone, here's my reply ^_^ :

Story: 10/10
    It's a great storyplot to me, the ideas are very full, I really enjoy the story and it's one of the things that interest me most about the anime. It's also another way of learning more about politics, learn how the everyday life is with the gouvernement and the war between different country. It gives politics a whole other level to me.

Characters: 10/10
    Some characters might not be that well-drawn but what's cool is that everyone has a complicated background, like Rau Le Creuset who is actually a clone of Mwu and nobody knew. Each character sort of has a link with another, like who'd thought Cagalli and Kira would actually be twins?

Music: 10/10
    The songs assigned to Gundam Seed is plain awesome. It matches the characters well and the anime as well. They're all performed by great singers/groups.

Animation: 10/10
    The colors are great, I really have nothing to say about it.

Overall: 10/10
    Overall, Gundam Seed is one of my favorite anime, the plot really intrigues me, the characters and everything else. The episodes are just awesome. I never liked mecha anime, Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny are my first ones. This anime has great music, great voice actors (english/japanese) and a great plot. I have really nothing to say more. Gundam Seed is awesome!

I love Gundam Seed! It's a great anime full of emotion and complex. I recommend it to those who like mecha anime. I give a whole 200%

~~K2KM~~
    If the only place I can see you was in my dream... then I'd sleep forever...

Junior Member GSD is on a distinguished road GSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2007 08:13 AM
    Threads

Default this is how i think of it

Story 9.5/10

The story was very interesting. It kept me hooked so badly because you always wan't to know what might happen next. It made a point and very dramatic. You can actually relate to the characters and the situation.

Characters 10/10

The characters are good especially Fllay she made me blurt out loads of emotions. The character developments are good and well written. However it still picks up the perfect people kind of character which doesn't really give that much development. But fans loved it that's really the point. The main characters are Kira and Athrun. They're bestfriends who ends up fighting each other. Another plus on being realistic. Everyone have different beliefs even bestfriends.

Animation 9.5/10

All I can say is the animation is great... Especially the gundam fights boy it rocked. But I don't like gray like colors which I ususally see dark and light. And if those kinds of colors sre screencaped it won't be so good. But above all it's well done.

Sound track/Music 10/10

The music is just pure magnificent. It fits just right i love it, i even have on my ipod .

Overall 9.5/10

I never really liked gundam series but I got hooked in this one. Now I'm cursed on being obsessed. This is definitely the best gundam series ever.(My friend called me a Gundam Seed Freak) Oh, i like it my problem.

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

May Contain Spoilers

Story: 7/10
    It was really nothing original. It was just a "re-make" of the original Mobile Suit Gundam for our time. Kira is based on Amuro, Lau La Clluset on Char Aznable. And it also borrows other elements from other Gundam series like Gundam-jacking from 0083. There is also that time on Earth in the desert where Kira meets Andy and they have an Amuro/Ranba Ral like relationship. Still it takes a different approach, but I felt there was nothing too original about it except the idea of coordinators being genetically engineered and it's not all part of human evolution like how newtypes were in the old Gundam. And another original thing I like about it was the phase shifting with the Gundams.

Characters: 6/10
    To me the characters were annoying. Kira had to cry in every damn episode. Fllay was always freaking out until she died. Lau is a Nazi, not a charismatic bad *** like how Char was. However, I did like some of the other characters like Andy and Aisha because they were completely different from Ranba Ral and Hamon. They had more relaxed personalities and despite being villains, they came across as likeable to the point where you feel things would have been different if they were on the same side of the Federation.

Animation/Art: 6/10
    Can Hirai Hisashi draw more than 3 faces??!! The Gundam designs were at least somewhat original. Mostly Aegis and Blitz were the most original looking. Buster has already been done with Heavyarms in Gundam Wing. Strike is no different from the original Gundam to some extent. Archangel is no different from White Base. There is no character diversity in the art.

Soundtrack/Music: 10/10
    Because I'm a fan of Vivian Hsu and TM Revolution

Overall: 7/10
    If you're a hadcore Gundam fan, you may not like it as much but it gives you a sense of optism that there will be a sequel that could help the franchise, but instead, kills it. People not too familiar with Gundam or haven't seen a real Gundam series like the original or Zeta are probably going to like this a lot.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Member l.c. KLAC has a spectacular aura about l.c. KLAC has a spectacular aura about l.c. KLAC has a spectacular aura about l.c. KLAC's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2008 07:16 PM
    Threads

story 10/10
    cause the stroy in GS is really unpredictable cause anything can happen in the GS world like kira & andy cheat death, that the coord nats feud was like racist that they would kill anyone even children, omg the twists especially kira cagalli twins surprise also there is lots of drama, emotion, feelings, etc like this is REAL.

characters 10/10
    the characters in GS are something especially the main 4 of GS K.L.A.C. cause they are something also there other like mu, murrue, andy that seem to got it as well many of the other GS cause it show something in each character in GS

animation 10/10
    it's really something from their looks to clothes it's really get design of the GS

soundtrack 10/10
    got give a claps for the songs & background music cause it really something to listen

overall 10/10
    this is by far the best anime i've seen in my 11yrs of watching anime cause this is most serious, emotional, dramatic, extreme, hardcore, most-talked, romantic, personal, live changing, etc series of all time & THAT IT SHOULD BE REMAKE INTO A LIVE ACTION TV SERIES OR MOVIES!!!
    THE DRIVE OF GS SERIES HAS RISEN
    GS-REVOLUTIONIST
    GS SERIES FAN ORIGINALS
    MR.GS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYChQHSnayE

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2009 05:14 PM
    Threads

SEED is an epic fail. Not really that much but people who give it straight 10s probably are biased and have no idea of gundam in general... or anime. While this may not be true for everyone, its gets close enough.

Story 2/10:
    The overall plot is ripped from the UC. Drop big space thing to earth, fire big lazorz, racism (in Destiny), etc. Even all the awesome battles are ripped. Kira does the same "destroy MS division under 3 minutes" thing as Amuro, but Amuro used RX-78-2 and not Strike Freedom. As proof that the combat scenes are ripped:

The real thing:

SEED/SEED Destiny:

Characters 5/10:

Different personalities, some plot going on there, so far so good. Just that some got ripped from the UC again. the only "original" creations are what I call "the league of hairstyles". EVERYBODY LOOKS THE FRICKIN SAME. They just have some sort of distinguishable haircut, look at Dearka, Yzak, Auel, Athrun, Clotho, Shani, Orga, etc. though fortunately some have distinguishable eyes (like Sting Oakley). However, as general rule, the characters become indistinguishable if you take away eye color and haircut.

Proof:

Who is this? Can you even tell me the gender? Is this person even from Gundam SEED, or could it be from Fafner? Hirai seems to only care for hairstyle <_<. No really, if anyone can identify this person I'll give a rep and mention his/her name here!

Animation 5/10:

Sure, its up to date animation but whats with all the posing? Has anyone noticed that everytime Athrun charges he HAS to do this "activate thrusters" pose (after the obligate "draw sabres in braggish way" if he uses them) and then do an unecessary 360 degrees roll? Everytime someone attacks, the person has to pose first, meaning he/she remains still for a while showing off the awesomeness of the unit, its like multiple sailormoon henshins per battle.

Proof:

Soundtrack 7/10:
    It was good music. An opening made it to rank 10 of 100 on 2chan... but Soldiers of Sorrow from the original Gundam got rank 9 and was the best Gundam op. PWn3d.

Overall 3/10:
    If you don't know much of Gundam or only seen W/G before, this is probably going to be impressive, its a "Gundam Anime" after all. But if you know gundam properly you clearly notice that it doesn't fullfill the quality one has seen from Gundam as soon as the "Wow look at those awesome mecha" effect wears off. The only thing probably worth seeing of SEED are the ASTRAY and Stargazer sidestories, which I recommend for the CE fans out there.
    Last edited by B Gundam; 10-15-2007 at 07:16 AM.

Senior Member Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2008 07:19 PM
    Threads

Having read most of the reviews here, I believe that most people have not seen the original Gundam series, and thus form their opinions on Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and on it alone. The exceptions are B Gundam (who is a serious hardcore fan) and maybe 2 to 3 other members.

Story 5/10
    As ParaParaJMo put it, "it was really nothing original." There are boundless similarities in the story, such as the young computer geek, Kira Yamato, who is based the original computer hobbyist, Amuro Ray from the original series. They both jump into a Gundam in the first episodes and manage to make it stand upright and take out an enemy Mobile Suit.

Well what are the differences? Kira Yamato is a coordinator, born with the SEED ability that gives him heightened reflexes. Not such a great ability if you ask me, especially in the video games, when compared to Amuro Ray's Newtype ability. Being a Newtype essentially means that the character can see that little bit into the future, basically precognition, and often battlefield awareness. Newtypes can also communicate with other Newtypes and normal people too, as seen in the original Gundam series. Despite not being a Newtype, Kira Yamato is an immortal, earning the rightful nickname of Kira Jesus Yamato. He’s achieved this by surviving impossible odds with this ultimate plot armour, and by disabling (not destroying) Mobile Suits with the help of his aimbot hacks.

Yet again there is a masked character (not again I dare say?)… Let's look back through the Gundam series, shall we? We have the "paedophile" Char Aznable from the original series, the Ace pilot that sunk 5 warships during the Battle of Loum, earning the nickname of the Red Comet. He was also the arch rival of Amuro Ray, sparking off one of the greatest rivalries in Japanese mecha history. Then there was Zechs Marquise from Gundam Wing, another Char-clone in looks and background history. Now we have Rau La Creusset, the third generation Char-clone (expect a fourth one in SEED Destiny), a man with another mysterious past hidden behind a mask (or that he might be very ugly, who knows?). And it also turns out that he's a psycho, not that you'd want to care...

Certain scenes and events that occurred in the Gundam series are mimicked here in SEED; there is the Gundam-jacking from Stardust Memory, the desert battles scenes from the Original Gundam series and the Amuro/Ramba Ral event too. Surely this can’t be a coincidence.
    Thankfully, the series stays true to Tomino's kill-em-all style. This is a positive point, as the characters may end up getting on your nerves. Then again, there are other characters that you really didn't need to know (one character adds to the emotional rage these young boys experience, however later on in the series it seems like they just forgot about his death, have a think about who this guy is), thus turning you into an emotional wreak and occasionally making you gouge out your own eyes.

But no Gundam series is complete without its own Gundam. Not only has this series got one Gundam, but it has over five Gundams. The "good guys" have Gundams, but so do the "bad guys". And just to make it a bit better, there's a mass-produced (or batch-produced?) version of the Gundam. And it's not a GM (that MS already has his copy). The whole point of a Gundam is that it's a superior Mobile Suit, and not just any suit, but a one off prototype. The designs in SEED look a bit gimicky, if not, unreal. The new designa are flashy, sleek and sexy, thus making it look unbalanced, plain and unrealistic (sure this is Anime, but even that has its limitations). What's more unrealistic (and somewhat original), is the Phase Shift armour, which requires the pilot to activate and "colour" it's Mobile Suit, allowing "armour protection" and maneuverability.

The original Gundam was the suit itself with no extra add-ons (like swords, boost back and guns you see in SEED), though if you consider the G-BOOSTER as one (the only one might I add), it certainly worked better than anything in SEED. Sure the design was blocky and simplistic, but because of it’s simply shapes and design, it make it look more realistic and give it a solid feel to the design. You remember all those Transformer fans ranting on about how MichaelBay raped their childhood with the new movie versions? Well same thing happened.

Then there were the enemy units, nothing has been comparable to the very first Mobile Suit battle. This was fight between the Gundam and the Zaku. This battle alone should be known amongst all mecha fans, and unfortunately here in Gundam SEED, we get the same, poor copy of the event.. The major difference is that the Zaku has been given a new name, new flashy armour and fins, even a sword! (Swords are generally a bad idea, the edge would blunt easily, think with your mind.) Not forgetting nonexistent armour. This SEED MS needed only two (non-lethal) stabs to the torso, in the original Gundam series, Amuro had to slice the Zaku in half, or to aim for the cockpit.

Makes you wonder why did they bother? I believe that they have also copied the Zoids here, so if you're a fan, prepare to be disappointed. Did I also mention how awesome Zeon is? Sure the opening sequence of Zaft's drop onto Earth looked cool, but that was it. With Zeon I can remember the Zakus, Goufs, Doms, Rick Doms and the Gelgoogs. Each unique in design, weaponry and purpose, something that on its own created the whole entire Gundam franchise. Read about how Gundam originally became popular, World War enthusiasts brought the Zaku because of it’s Nazi German qualities - this was also the sad reason why they were copied in Gundam SEED Destiny.

Thing is, all the Mobile Suits in SEED and Destiny have fins, brightly coloured parts and just look plain silly or ridiculous (that does not mean the original series had no silly designs, on the contrary, the silliest designs gave way to even more fandom, look at the Big Zam or even the Zakrello – this point is, even Char noted how it was so badly designed in the series, something that doesn’t happen in SEED). And most of these are just brought in without much an introduction. Once you've seen the series, try and name all the Zaft Mobile Suits. I bet you'll have trouble with that...

To sum up the story, it’s very irregular, and jumps about quite often. I'm not sure why, but I love the ending of this particular series, probably because you experience a lot of traumatic deaths.

Characters 5/10
    There are plenty of characters in the series, but some of them are so unrealistic, or two dimensional that you wouldn’t care much about them. Some of their deaths are laughable too, for the same reason. Oh so and so just died! How sad…

Let me give you an example of what you'd encounter:
    Sai and Kira were originally friends in the tech class, right before they all get dragged into war. Turns out Sai's ex-girlfriend was Fllay, (you either love her or hate her) and at one point Kira sleeps with her. Now how would anyone feel, confronted with the fact that your friend has just slept with your ex? Doesn’t make Kira look like a bad guy at all now, at least that’s what the series avoids.

If you're into this angsty stuff, there's lots of shouts, sobbing and screaming, give it an 8/10...

Animation 6/10
    Not too bad, but it’s too stylised for my liking. In any case, the cute facial expressions made the characters more lovable. Now whatever happened to all the ugly, sorry, normal people in Gundam?
    They do look generic at times, but that’s just the style.

Now onto the Gundam battles... If you like flashy battles, this is for you. If you're expecting realistic fights, don't look here. Look at Gasaraki for that matter. If you’re expecting a Super Robot show without the shouting moves, then this is for you. You can also expect a lot of stock/recycled footage, by this I mean reused scenes and sequences. You get to see the same MS explosions countless times as well as pink clouds of dust why pink? Did Lacus get to the reactor cores?). However, this gets really boring over time. Also expect lots of gimicky poses.

Sound 7/10
    When you watch the first episode, expect a good opening, when you strip it down bare it's all just cool flashy poses. INVOKE is a good opening track that sounds just about right for a Gundam series, and so is the ending song and sequence. The only times when the music gets becomes poor, or downright fails is in between the talks and battle tactics. If you got a headache from Gundam Wing, you can expect that the orchestra backgrounds will give you one too.

And it doesn’t get much worse there, though later opening soundtracks (except BELIEVE) sound too whiny or too hip-hop. I wasn't too sure if I was watching a Gundam show anymore, or just another episode of Dawson's Creek because of the irregular songs. They've even attempted a sad ending song, just like what was done in the original series. But it worked to some degree, but not as a robot show ending.

However, when you first see the trio, you can expect it to get better. The track played here, Akatsuki no Kuruma, is the perfect backing track of the "would-be" battle. This is one of my favorite songs and moments in the whole of SEED, excluding the ending of course. Sure there's a cheesy yaoi-ish mecha moment, but I'm sure that you wouldn't mind as you’d be caught up in the action. Though thinking about it now, it's another rip-off from a Zeta Gundam series in which the pilots try and escape from Jabrow...

Overall 5/10
    This is my own personal opinion and review of the series as a Gundam fan (I’ve seen all the Gundam series except ZZ, Green Divers, bits of Evolve and SEED Destiny). As a one-off Anime series, for those of you who aren't into the robots, this may appeal to you, but I suppose with all it's hype and praise you'd be quite satisfied.

As a robot show, it's very substandard, even the physics of the show aren't fully explained, and lots of events and design have been mimicked from previous Gundam series. Don't expect much of an story, unless over-the-top expressions has a thing for you. By those expressions, I don't mean the GAR-type ones, you’d be better off with G Gundam.

If you've already seen this, you may want to watch SEED Destiny. I've heard bad things about it, such as the copying of original designs. It’s just about the worst Gundam series out there, yet as a normal Anime series it’s done quite well. Other suggestions I can think off are to go watch Wing or watch the new Gundam 00.

I doubt many people will want to go back to the original Gundam, and I suggest people don’t unless they have a genuine interest in Gundam as a “real” robot Anime.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information