AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate this anime!

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll

30 45.45%

10 15.15%

14 21.21%

7 10.61%

1 1.52%

0 0%

0 0%

1 1.52%

0 0%

3 4.55%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV series] Yu yu hakusho

Toujours Pur BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2024 11:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV series] Yu yu hakusho

Type:TV series
    Genre:Demons,fantacy,& action

Plot synopsis: Yusuke dies saving a young boy from being run over by a car. He then gets a chance to live again by Koenma, the prince of the ReiKai (spirit world) but on one condition, which is to be a detective for the ReiKai. With the aid of Botan Yusuke accepts and returns to life and to his girlfriend, Keiko. His first mission as a detective was to recover the stolen treasure of the ReiKai. He meets the thieves, Kurama and Hiei, and later on became his allies. Together with his best friend, Kazuma Kuwabara, The four of them became a team and accomplished several missions issued by Koenma. Later on they join a tournament together with Yusuke's teacher, Genkai to face Toguro, who once they beat during one of their missions. Unfortunately for them, Toguro did not show his true power and now must face his wrath in the tournament.

Story:10/10 Nice story!! I remember when I was a kid that even those middle aged people watched Yu yu Hakusho because its really indeed nice. Also one of my favorites

Characters:8/10 The characters are very much skilled with different & nice technique they are very magnificent especially Kurama!!

Art/animation: 7.99/10 I only like the the effects though but sometime the drawing is good.

Voice acting/Music: 8/10 Very talented in voice acting!! including the opening & ending songs.

Overall:9/10 One of the excellent anime!!! Nice...Oh...I have many to mention when it comes of anime favorites.
    Last edited by BuLmA; 08-06-2008 at 08:22 AM.

Member kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 01:45 AM
    Threads

Story (9/10)

I loved the story in Yu Yu Hakusho. I watched this when I first started getting into anime, and I thought it was the best. This was the first tournament based series I ever watched. Recently, I purchased a few of the DVDs, and it still seems just as entertaining. If that's not a sign of a classic, then I don't know what is.

Characters (10/10)

Characters were great. I almost feel like this series invented the modern anime character archetypes. You have your delinquent youth who happens to secretly be a powerhouse with a heart of gold; the brutish, but good natured, delinquent rival who is loyal to a fault; the mysterious, silent, and proud warrior who is sometimes friend, sometimes foe; the smart, stoic, androgenous male ally who is popular with the girls and can hold his own in a fight; the childhood female friend with mixed feelings for the delinquent lead; and finally the surprise female ally who is both wise and cunning when it counts but clumsy as ever in everyday life.

Art/Animation (7/10)

I personally loved the animation. I am and always will be a huge proponent of hand drawn animation. Yu Yu Hakusho being as aged as it is, is entirely done via the hand-drawn cel method. It may not be as fluid as some modern cartoons, but it does what it needs to when it counts. But, truth be known, the fact that it is hand-drawn automatically earns it more points from me. I've actually been really wanting to get my hands on a really nice cel of Yuusuke from the later episodes or intros, so you can see my bias in this area.

Voice acting/music (10/10)

The voices in Yu Yu Hakusho are some of my favorites. I love Yuusuke's voice actor. He was used in lots of old anime and has always been one of my favorites. I also really liked the voice used for Botan, and Kuwabara's voice was hilarious -- as it should be. The music is definitely something out of the 80's, but it fits and by the third or fourth time hearing the opening and endings (of which there are several) you'll be humming them to yourself. Just awesome!!!

Overall (8.5/10)

I loved Yu Yu Hakusho when I was a kid, and I still like it now. It is my favorite pure shonen style anime. Every boy growing up watching anime has one, and this is mine. Because it is shonen it doesn't get the perfect score since I have since graduated to much more complicated stories and characters. But in the grand scheme of things it is a really well done anime with high re-watching values and a very entertaining story and cast of characters. If I were to rank this among other shonen anime, it would be number 1, even when compared to modern shows, and I would give it a 10/10. Trust me it's that good.

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Story: 10/10
    I love the plot. Shonen<3 I just love this anime. I watch it everyday. Yes, and it's mostly my first shonen/fighting anime I've seen and loved it in and instant!

Characters: 10/10
    I love the characters. I love the personality they have. Alos, the ability they each have are quite unique. ^^ I love the different abilities or weapons they have. Hiei is one of my favorites because of his dak side, but cares for people he loves so much. His sister is kind too. <3 Kurama...most people likes him because of his gentleness, beauty...but inside those is power. I like both of them, because they have power but with care, if you know what i mean..

Art/Animation: 8/10
    I'm sorry, but I've gotta say that the art isn't the best in the world. It's quite simple. (but that's what most shonens are) It's pretty old, so I can't blame it with the animation. But it's still good.

Voice/acting/music: 9/10
    The musics are awesome ^^ *i don't really remember the voices since I haven't seen it for a long time* But, as I recall, I don't have much problems with the voicing.

Over all: 9/10
    I love the anime. It is my "first" favorite anime. ^_^

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

Junior Member DragonballGender is on a distinguished road DragonballGender's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2008 06:27 PM
    Threads

Story: 10/10- I thought the story was great, and rather original, and well played out.

Characters: 10/10- Of every anime I've seen YYH has the one's I can relateto best(well personality wise). I think they're a great group, and if one wasn't in the show, the show wouldn't be as good.

Art/Animation: 9/10- the art was good, it was simple, as suddle simple that I liked,but I would have liked it to be a little better.

Voice Acting/Music: 10/10- The music was good, sometimes catchy, sometimes dark. Every voice was perfect for it's character.

Overall: 9.5/10- YYH is a very well put together show, its flaws are virtually unnoticeable, and it's an all around great show to watch.

"Welcome to the end of your life..."

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yu Yu Hakuso

Story - I liked the story of this show. It may of been a bit basic of a story but it pleased me. 7/10.

Characters - This show did have some good characters in it, a bunch of them had lots of depth put in them and really made the show nice and what I like about the characters is how they changed and developed over the show time period. 10/10.

Art/Animation - I did not really enjoy the art in this show as much as I thought I would. It was decent and all but I expected more out of the show but it was still decent animation. 6/10.

Voice Acting/Music - I did not enjoy the music too much in the show but I did enjoy the voice acting. The show had many voices that fit into each character's personality and also made the show half decent. 6/10.

Overall - The whole overall show is just better then average. I have seen much better animes but I have seen much worse. I enjoyed the earlier episodes much better than the later ones but still a decent watch of a show. 7.5/10.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 12-27-2008 at 01:39 PM.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Member Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2009 01:01 PM
    Threads

Story:9/10
    Characters: 7/10
    Art/animation: 6/10

Voice acting/Music: 3/10 I watched it dubbed so... yeah, that knocked a lot of points off for me.

Overall:8/10 I personally loved the series, but it wasn't the best I've seen, it would have been a lost better for me if i could have watched it subbed instead of dubbed. >.<

Junior Member SJ King is a name known to all SJ King is a name known to all SJ King is a name known to all SJ King is a name known to all SJ King is a name known to all SJ King is a name known to all SJ King's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 05:20 PM
    Threads

Story: 9/10-I really enjoyed the story. The story did get pretty dull in between the dark tournament and the demon world tournament, but besides that it was very enjoyable.

Characters: 10/10
    - I loved almost all the characters in the show. None of them were overly annoying which is a hard feat to accomplish while still trying to have a semi comedic base.

Art/Animation: 8/10-
    It was very good for the time the show was one. Compared to now it wouldn't be good, but for back then it was good enough.

Voice acting/music: 7/10- Wasn't great, or horrible. I watched the dubbed, and I think it was one of the much better dubs.

Overall: 9.5/10- My favorite series ever. I loved the fighting scenes, and the whole atmosphere of the anime was great. Great diversity in character types as well. One of the best animes in it's gender IMO.

Member mangeassshajigan is on a distinguished road mangeassshajigan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Flag One Piece Wanted Poster One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2012 06:28 PM
    Threads

Default Re: [TV series] Yu yu hakusho

Plot synopsis: 14-year old bad boy Yusuke Urameshi dies from saving a kid from being hit by a car. The Spirit world could not decide whether to put him in Heaven or Hell so they decided to give him a second chance at life through a trial. Yusuke passes this trial and gets spirit powers and becomes the next spirit detective. His job is to protect the Earth from evil demons.

Story 9/10- Very basic but interesting and addicting. Goes more in depth later on.

Characters 10/10-This anime has the best character development of any shonen. The characters are very memorable and some of the best characters in anime history. The characters really make this anime balanced between action, drama, romance and comedy. I got attached to the characters by the first episode and have grown to love almost all of them.

Art/Animation 8.5/10- The art style is old but still good. Funimation restored it frame by frame on the Blu-ray releases and it looks gorgeous.

Sound/Music 10/10- The soundtrack is spectacular and the English dub is amazing. Funimation also improved on the English dub with the Blu-ray releases.

Overall 9.9/10 - Yu Yu Hakusho is the best shonen anime out there, and it is also Funimation's best dub. Definitely check it out if you have not already done so.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information