AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Shaman King: English Version

Theomorphic Abomination Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2008 12:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Shaman King: English Version

I am thinking about looking into this anime but I have one question. Supposedly, the english version was completely trashed by 4kids, as in the scripts and such were changed to a ridiculous extent. So, what I would like to know is, is this true? and if so, doesn't this mean I am going to be watching a pathetically altered version of this show. Also, what are opinions of this show?

Member reaper_unique is infamous around these parts reaper_unique is infamous around these parts reaper_unique is infamous around these parts reaper_unique is infamous around these parts reaper_unique is infamous around these parts reaper_unique is infamous around these parts reaper_unique's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2008 12:18 PM
    Belgium, east-flanders(or how do you wright it in english)
    Threads

let me ask you this:

do you care if the name of Len Tao changed to Ren Tao or that there father became there uncle, or that anna didn't save yoh from some ghosts and that he neded to promise here that when he bacame SK she would be his queen but that theyr mariege(?) was arranged,etc....

If you care you would be better of seeing the original with subs.
    And I think that the serie is great in English and Japanese.
    Great characters nice story, so in other words PERFECT
    please help me save shaman king I need your help.
    I want it to have a better ending and maybe a new beginning.sign the petition:
    http://www.PetitionOnline.com/shamnkng/petition.html

Gin #2 Gin Weasley has a reputation beyond repute Gin Weasley has a reputation beyond repute Gin Weasley has a reputation beyond repute Gin Weasley has a reputation beyond repute Gin Weasley has a reputation beyond repute Gin Weasley has a reputation beyond repute Gin Weasley has a reputation beyond repute Gin Weasley has a reputation beyond repute Gin Weasley has a reputation beyond repute Gin Weasley has a reputation beyond repute Gin Weasley has a reputation beyond repute Gin Weasley's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 08:00 PM
    Threads

>_< I don't like the English version.. everything was tampered with.
    Do not make an enemy out of me and I will let you walk away freely.

Senior Member Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2010 01:41 PM
    Threads

The only thing I noticed was how Amidamaru's name was pronounced.
    English: a-MIDA-maru (They sorta slurred it)
    Japanese: A-mi-DA-ma-ru (Pronounced every syllable)

Or that's how I thought I heard it. Anyway, they did mangle the story a bit. o_o Especially the opening theme. >_<
    Last edited by Bucky Katt; 08-04-2007 at 07:35 PM.

Member reaper_unique is infamous around these parts reaper_unique is infamous around these parts reaper_unique is infamous around these parts reaper_unique is infamous around these parts reaper_unique is infamous around these parts reaper_unique is infamous around these parts reaper_unique's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well everything, is exaggerated, I would say a lot of things but not everything. Yoh is still Yoh, Anna is still anna,...
    And btw the anime(english and Japanese) itself isn't the completly the same as the manga, actually the ending is completly different from the manga.

In the anime they also don't show a fight between Anna and Hao.
    Maybe that little handslap thing but not a real fight(I think the fight between Hao and Anna is in chapter 250).

Member satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2008 02:21 AM
    Threads

i was wondering why did those US (or which country Shaman King is been aired in English. I only know the producers or channel is called 4kids) producers changed the original script (but that's okay, since you can't ask the producers to translate everything into English and make the voice actors and actresses speak it. It would sound soo weird), gave the characters funny voices (e.g. Yoh and Hao/Zeke. I really wonder if American teens sound like THAT), and most importantly, changed some of the scenes!!! i really wonder why they did that, since it sort of spoiled the "image" of Shaman King in that country. Since then I hated the English version (and other languages) and only that Japanese version feels "right" to me. The Spanish people are copycats, cos' they dubbed those sk theme songs and sang like a elephant with a cold flu.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

lol to that last one.
    But to ther rest: they did that to make it for kids(4kids, get it) of ages between say 5 and 10 years old. Those people just don't understand that anime isn't just for kids of 5-10 years but also for teenagers and even adults.

The wanted to get as manny viewers as possible so they cut somthings like blood or cigartes,....

The voices of the english Yoh, Hao,... don't really bother me that much, that is somthing I can live with but I can't live with those deleted scenes,....

Senior Member Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Every theme song 4Kids spews out sounds like an elephant with the flu. Only with One Piece, it sounds like they had to bribe the rap artist to get the worst out of him. 4Kids is like a group of white men back in the late 1800's: they surround something like despicable animals, then lynch it.

Oh, yeah! And I watched the first dubbed episode for Shaman King.

Completely mangled it in only two minutes, as compared to the first Japanese episode.
    Last edited by Bucky Katt; 08-08-2007 at 09:09 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think the opening song of the english shaman king has somthing(and not in a bad way,noooo).

and what did you mean by this:
    " Completely mangled the it in only two minutes, as compared to the first Japanese episode." did you made typo?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Whoop. Fixed. Thanks for letting me know. =D

Blahs, I just don't like dubbed anime theme songs. Tokyo Mew Mew into Mew Mew Power, with that opening song!? BAH. I resent it.

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 06:05 PM
    Threads

I only watched the English version,since I can't find japanese version anywhere...
    I really hated opening song...
    It's somehow...too childish...
    Anyway,about the show I don't really have some great opinion,I like it,but I could never watch it again...
    True,many anime are like this,but I really dislike the fact that the immature kids are main characters with super powers...
    I like more serious anime (sure,there are many with kids as main characters,but they have somewhat more serious storyline)
    Last edited by Hamashimura; 08-08-2007 at 09:17 AM.
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think that because they have powers, they feel they can change the world towards what they believe is good. So, they're shooting for their dreams and trying to thwart evil.

So it's basically same old, same old for children's anime. ... Well, Shaman King's not that much of kids' anime, but, yeah. I'm blathering.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

serious anime??

Does that excist?

Anime isn't that great but if you read the manga it's verry good.
    And by the way there not all kids, Ryu, Jun, En, Yohmei, Silva and the other 9,...
    Most of them arn't kids. and don't think in normal live they r being treated as somthing else besides that.

Member satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi has much to be proud of satou_megumi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

blah, i hate those dubbed anime theme songs. the first time i ever watched shaman king dubbed english was the first time i ever puked out in front of anime. especially that theme song. my friend who's 100% in love with an anime (dubbed english) even sang that theme song. i thought why must anime be only for kids? why can't adults or even teens watch it?! an adult i know even sacrificed her shopping time for an anime show on tv. trying to cut out violence scenes (e.g. blood, mild bad language, etc) means they are trying to attract kids instead of everyone to watch the show. Can't America just follow the Japanese version of the anime? At least try not to cut scenes out. It's like trying to "break" the copyright of the mangaka and the original story.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know but what R u going to do about it? Not much

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

no choice, unless i am a staff of 4kids. no one can do anything about it.

Senior Member chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2008 05:40 PM
    Threads

Just find the Japanese version if you can. Tried watching the English version but gave up pretty quickly.
    Japanese versions of anime are overall better than the dubbed version IMHO.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

of course because those r the originls hé
    But since I or you arn't a multibiljonair or somthing like that we can't do much.

Closed Thread

Thread Information