AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Sailor Moon your first anime?

Junior Member Kail Ceannai is on a distinguished road Kail Ceannai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2005 10:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

It all depends on how you define "first anime". If you want to mean "the first anime show that I watched on a regular basis" - that would be either Sonic or Thunder Cats or Robotech or one of a probably another half dozen shows in my childhood two or three hour Saturday morning regiment (what was my mother thinking?).
    If you you define "first anime" as "hey this is pretty cool, what? its called anime? and there's more stuff like it and even better? Hm. I should rent or borrow some more anime tapes from someone. . " Than yes, Sailor Moon was my gateway into anime fandom =)

Junior Member Bunnie is on a distinguished road Bunnie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2005 09:54 PM
    Threads

Sailor Moon was definitely the first one to get me hooked on anime. But actually, it was the merchandise I saw first when I was seven. I thought the characters looked really cool, and then when I learned it was on TV, I was so happy.

BRoKeN HeArT SAKURA sakura gohan mathers is infamous around these parts sakura gohan mathers is infamous around these parts sakura gohan mathers is infamous around these parts sakura gohan mathers is infamous around these parts sakura gohan mathers is infamous around these parts sakura gohan mathers is infamous around these parts sakura gohan mathers is infamous around these parts sakura gohan mathers is infamous around these parts sakura gohan mathers is infamous around these parts sakura gohan mathers is infamous around these parts sakura gohan mathers is infamous around these parts sakura gohan mathers's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2007 05:05 PM
    Threads

yes it was!!!

Moral Imperative DragonNight has a reputation beyond repute DragonNight has a reputation beyond repute DragonNight has a reputation beyond repute DragonNight has a reputation beyond repute DragonNight has a reputation beyond repute DragonNight has a reputation beyond repute DragonNight has a reputation beyond repute DragonNight has a reputation beyond repute DragonNight has a reputation beyond repute DragonNight has a reputation beyond repute DragonNight has a reputation beyond repute DragonNight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2008 11:48 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kail Ceannai
    - that would be either Sonic or Thunder Cats or Robotech
    i didnt even think thunder cats counted as an anime...O.O

anywho yes i watched Sailor Moon and i got hooked on it but i didnt know it was anime...i just thought it was cool looking cartoons...

Junior Member nessabutterfly is on a distinguished road nessabutterfly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2005 10:50 PM
    Threads

how many anime were really released in North America before Sailor Moon?? I'm guessing not very many (or not very many that were recognizable as anime) because I know I hadn't heard of any... of course, I was past the whole cartoons phase of my life when Sailor Moon first aired.

The only reason I ever even saw Sailor Moon in the first place was because I spent a week on the couch with a broken leg and a remote control. I didn't even have crutches, so there was no where to go!! By the end of the week I decided that Sailor Moon was worth watching. I never got past the middle of R though, because it was taking too long to dub, and I was sick of watching re-runs. I only started watching it again a little less than 2 years ago, but I watch the subs now. I would have stuck it out and waited if that's what they were airing!!

I was forced to watch pokemon while babysitting, but other than that, I hadn't seen any other anime until a few weeks ago when I discovered adult swim. Not a fan of watching dubs, but I can only afford to obsess about the subs for one show at a time. Full Metal Alchemist and Inuyasha are pretty enjoyable though.

Junior Member Aiame-chan is on a distinguished road Aiame-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2005 04:52 AM
    Threads

Default First anime

Hey,my first anime was Sailor Moon to!But,I hardly remember the epesodes because I was in 1st grade.But it defenetly maked me start in anime!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroelove
    Through time, I have noticed some things about Sailor Moon. I noticed that she started an anime phase for lots of people including me. She was like one of my firsts! And when I found out that she was an anime, Whoa! I just wanted to read more manga and watch more anime! But some may have another first anime.
    But the question is..... Did Sailor Moon get you started in anime?

Digital Plague cowboydemon666 is a jewel in the rough cowboydemon666 is a jewel in the rough cowboydemon666 is a jewel in the rough cowboydemon666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2006 08:59 AM
    Next door to the small mining town known as "Wilmette" (heh)
    Threads

sailor moon was actually my 2nd or 3rd if you count My Neighbor Totoro and speed racer....

>Family is in mah Journal<
    ~PROUD MEMBER OF THE BISHIES HUNTERS CLAN~
    ^
    *OWNER OF DAISUKE NIWA*

Delegate of Darkness Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2007 11:11 AM
    Threads

Sailor Moon was one of my first animes but the one that got me hooked was Tenchi Muyo.

Member Kentredenite is on a distinguished road Kentredenite's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2005 12:47 AM
    Threads

Yes, but I only saw one episode. CCS was what got me into anime.

*~*727*~* Darkasiangurl is on a distinguished road Darkasiangurl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2006 04:10 PM
    Threads

Actually Sailormoon and Cardcaptor Sakura was also got me into anime and manga ....It was pretty tight

Life is a gift

don't ever forget that

Senior Member sanokidsasuke will become famous soon enough sanokidsasuke will become famous soon enough sanokidsasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2006 01:32 PM
    In the basement of my house, i've been trying to get it for years
    Threads

Sailor Moon and Superbook were my first anime's. I dont think Power Rangers is considered anime but Sailor Moon was first anyways

friend(s)- Venus, Lady_Nayru, Raidon, Sweet Lucidity,Saphire, Yuna_X2, Xieshunnuan, hameht

I play Ragnarok Online

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

It was not my first anime. No offense to the Sailor Moon fans but thank goodness for that.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

DarkPrinceBman <3 U stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2006 11:55 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Sailormoon was the first anime i've ever watch. I'm not a fan of it, but i was pretty fascinated/amused by it. It was CSS that got me really attracted to anime.

Junior Member cr8ter is on a distinguished road cr8ter's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2005 04:46 AM
    Threads

No, my first anime was Ghost in the shell. I liked it so I got more.... and here I am
    So, where is my dream?

It is a continuation of reality

But where is my reality?

It is at the end of your dream

NGE

---THE END---

ZG: I <3 'chu, idiot. Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2010 03:28 PM
    Threads

i never really watched sailor moon, but my first anime was dragon ball when goku was little thats when i started to get into anime
    -FMA18-
    New signature soon, hopefully. =3

Member Ash is on a distinguished road Ash's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2005 06:00 PM
    Threads

Hmm. I know I liked Salior Moon and it was one of my firsts. I think (depending on when it came on TV) my first anime was cardcaptors. I also use to watch Yu Yu Hakusho when it was on Adult Swim. aww old times old times. lol I just realized that I have been an anime fan for like over half my life.
    I dont think im going crazy. Its more like Im going sane in a crazy world.

Master Warrior Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2010 07:34 PM
    Threads

Well, Sailormoon was one of my firsts, but not my first. I think my very first anime was Dragon Ball back when i was 5. I really had no idea what anime was though. My first anime that I actually got into (i.e. my second one) was Iria. Still one of my favorites!

Bazinga. Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2010 05:10 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Faroelove
    Through time, I have noticed some things about Sailor Moon. I noticed that she started an anime phase for lots of people including me. She was like one of my firsts! And when I found out that she was an anime, Whoa! I just wanted to read more manga and watch more anime! But some may have another first anime.
    But the question is..... Did Sailor Moon get you started in anime?
    it wasn't the first one I saw...
    but it was the first one I started to draw
    sailor Moon got me started to draw anime

Junior Member Dark Senshi is on a distinguished road Dark Senshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2005 02:44 PM
    Threads

Sailor Moon was definetly my first anime ever since I first saw it on Cartoon Network when I was 5 yrs. old. I didn't know what was an anime then, but as I got older (and obsessed with the show, lol) I found out that it was a japanese ahow or anime. I was really pissed when it was of the air. but got introduced to the original and it was WAY better. Sailor Moon was the first that introduced me to the anime world and got into Cardcaptors Sakura, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon (just the first series, not into it like before, plus don't like it now as much as the first) and I'm getting into Inuyasha and Chobits. Anyways, Sailor Moon was the first anime I saw and forever will be my favorite!!
    Dark Senshi

My guardian deity is the planet of silence, soldier of death and rebirth, Sailor Saturn!

Member _Shizu_ is on a distinguished road _Shizu_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2005 05:34 PM
    Threads

Sailormoon was my VERY first anime and i mean VERY first i watched when i was 5.i bet u ppl r all saying omfg arent u?lol
    i will no longer be posting or PMing,but u can PM me with my new username: -Shizu-

btw -Shizu-'s anneversity was the 7 in july! happy 1 year at animeforum!!!!!

Boosh Master General pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2010 01:21 PM
    Threads

if power rangers isn't an anime then Sailor Moon was my first

Smexy Hair Demon ~*_Yura_*~ is on a distinguished road ~*_Yura_*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2005 05:11 PM
    Threads

Sailor Moon was my first anime. I first saw it when I was around 7 or 8... I got hooked.. Then later on I found that it was an anime.. ...So, I started watching more anime and collecting manga... >->;

Full Metal Pipsquick mew sango is a splendid one to behold mew sango is a splendid one to behold mew sango is a splendid one to behold mew sango is a splendid one to behold mew sango is a splendid one to behold mew sango is a splendid one to behold mew sango is a splendid one to behold mew sango's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2005 08:21 PM
    Threads

nope, i think my first anime was pokemon...but i was 7
    Tis xXLovelessXx for all who know me..

I love you Necromancer <333

Lady of Heaven LittleAngel will become famous soon enough LittleAngel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2005 01:10 AM
    Threads

Well...Sailor Moon was one of the first anime I watched. I don't remember if it was actually the first or not. Before watching Sailor Moon, I've already read several manga series including the Sailor Moon series -- I only liked the first story in the series.

Senior Member Corina is infamous around these parts Corina is infamous around these parts Corina is infamous around these parts Corina is infamous around these parts Corina is infamous around these parts Corina is infamous around these parts Corina is infamous around these parts Corina is infamous around these parts Corina is infamous around these parts Corina is infamous around these parts Corina is infamous around these parts Corina's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2006 01:15 AM
    Threads

Pokemon was my first anime, but Sailor Moon sorta got me hooked onto anime A lot of magical girl type anime

It hurts to see someone you love fall in love with someone else...

~Family~

Dad~ZeldaFreakMaster

Guardian~Ninja Hatake Kakashi
    Big Sis~w0lf b0rn_f0x br3d Yumi,Hameht
    Lil sis~Nine Tail Fire Fox
    crazy lil sisMSCBrock

Big bro~Therebel
    bro~Inu-Chan529
    Husband~swords of moore
    lil cousin~Junior
    nephew~kidcash
    older vampire of the night brotherevangelion2008