AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate this anime!

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll

254 61.80%

86 20.92%

41 9.98%

15 3.65%

5 1.22%

1 0.24%

1 0.24%

2 0.49%

0 0%

6 1.46%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [TV series] Fullmetal Alchemist

Junior Member shikisama is on a distinguished road shikisama's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2008 02:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Wink

Story 9.5/10

At the begining of this anime, we could all say that its story plot some how reflects some childish acts.. But as the anime continues, we can see its mature emotions ripen! Some parts (in some very emotional parts) can make you feel the sadness and the pain that the character is feeling, as if you're the character its self (sunked by the storie's flow)... It's hillarious, has a good taste of humor (It'll crack you up to bits!! >,<).. and the most important thing is, you can pick some good moral advices in some episodes...

Characters 10/10

No comment.. only praises.. i just can't describe the characters.. each character has their own decent and interesting past... Nice work Hiromu-Senpai!! <3

Animation 9/10

For the animations, they've got good taste on picking the elements of graphics (especially when alchemists use their alchemy, sweet graphics!!).. and for the fighting style of the Elric brothers, i find thier style rather interesting... sortha like some ancient chinese fighting style (what the hell am i typing?? lol)... well lets cut the crap... FMA SCORES SOME NICE DOODADS!!

Sound ?/10

i don't really care about the sound!! well.. nice SFX... got the enviroment filled.. like dogs barking, a city theme, dark theme, etc... its covered superbly alright!! ^^

Overall 10/10

Yeah as they say, A popular manga/anime owns a reason... you could say that again!! the mixing of a very amazing storyline, touching characters, superb animations really does make a change in an anime... i give 4 thumbs up about this anime... has a enquizit story.. i just can't find the right words to describe everything!! Well, THIS ANIME OWNS!!!
    "Because a puppet, is now able to move on its own conscious..."
    By Shiki-Sama

Senior Member tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 06:18 AM
    Threads

Default Check this anime out!

Story (9/10)
    The story here is dynamic and fast moving, keeping you guessing right up to the end. Believe me, you will not see some of it coming. The plot is also well thought out and very clever, with every little thing contributing to the whole, to create an intricately woven story

It would get 10, but the FMA anime is adapted from the manga, which has a different story, but they start the same. Hence IMO there are just a couple of episodes/moments where the plot has to be hammered out, a bit contrivedly to fit previous events, when some of the characters have changed. However I should stress this is a very minor concern on my part

Characters (10/10)
    To augment the plot, there are lots of very cool characters. They feel as one would expect a real human to feel - no insane optimism, completely inexplicable motives or anything like that here. There is also a nice range, with perhaps a few to many military people, but still enough to drive the story (Ed, Al, Scar), provide plenty of comedy (especially Armstrong) and display plenty of emotion - even jerking a few tears... What is really nice is that every character can contribute to all of the above once in a while - for anime characters, they are suprisingly 3d

Art/animation (8/10)
    The art style is pretty typical for anime of its type and time I would say - it certainly gets the job done - details are well picked out, expressions are very convincing and the locations are very evocative of the semi-European atomsphere the show goes for. The animation is generally very smooth, especially in some of the fights (especially the hand to hand combat IMO). But there have been better ones for simple animation quality

Voice acting, music (9/10)
    Ive watched this entirely dubbed, and partially subbed. Both the voice acting groups do a great job. I think a few notables sound almost better in the english - ed, armstrong and mustang. Also, given the location, having it in english does sorta suit thing thing. So my preference is for the english, but both are above average. I wasnt such a big fan of the final closing theme, but in general the songs used for this were good, as was the incidental music. My only comment is that given the number of sad scenes, it would have been nice to have some variation in the background for this

Overall (9/10)
    I think Ive sounded pretty harsh in this review, but make no mistake, FMA is one of my top 5, and quite possibly top 3 animes. And I dont see anything replacing it any time soon (unless the new series is better). I cant stress the overall quality of this - its scripted tight as a drum, has a corking plot and lovable characters. Watch it.
    On that day, all female personelle under my command will be required to wear... Tiny Miniskirts!!!

Junior Member Guardian_Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Guardian_Valkyrie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 03:19 AM
    Threads

Ah, haven't been back here in a while. Sorry if I didn't respond to PM's.

Story: 10/10

The story is almost flawless. It was original as M&M's are identical in size. Some twists are certainly unexpected, and compared to many of the other plots that we see in common anime (Bleach, Gurren Lagaan, Naruto, etc.) this one is probably the best I've seen. If you love adventure, this will exceed your expectations beyond anything.

Characters: (10/10)

For those of you who like deep anime, this one does the job well. Although Edward seems like the belligerent, impulsive, strong-willed protagonist, upon deeper examination he really isn't. Alphonse fits the description of the protagonist better. He was naive, compassionate, and sometimes weak-willed (unwilling to kill for any reason), but he eventually overcomes his emotions to help his brother when he died in the last episode.

Roy Mustang was your classical, guilty, and sometimes dry-humored character. Hughes seemed like the dumb chit-chat guy, but he was deeply aware of events and no slack. The conniving natures of the antagonists such as Lust and Psiren may anger you, yet the fact that they are still presented in a human manner and desire to have human feelings belies that simple characterization.

I won't go in detail about all characters, since I could write 5 pages, but the characters are definitely...human-like and you could imagine their feelings if you were in their shoes.

Art/animation: (9/10)

I don't think it's perfect, but it's good enough.

Voice Acting: (9/10)

I got tired of Alphonse keep referring to Ed as "brother," I wish he could just have called him by "Ed."

=D

Overall: (10/10)

What about the 9/10's? Well, it would be unfair to place any value on voice-acting and animation if it is dwarfed by the rather deep, conflicting messages. I am an introvert, so this anime kept me thinking about life for at least another day after I finished the series.

The end of the movie made me sad and happy simultaneously. Alphonse placed greater value on his brother than any other person (which is expected) who existed in the other world, so he followed Edward back to the "physics" world. While I'm sure 99% of the audience, like myself, would have liked them reunited back into the "alchemy" world, there is a simpler message - a happy ending depends on how you make of the situation, not the situation itself. It may seem tragic they would never be able to see the same people they did (Winry especially), it doesn't mean they won't be able to be happy in the "physics" world.

It is heart-touching feeling. I didn't cry, because I'm not supposed to, but I felt a deep pain afterwards, because I empathize easily.

It's that good.

Junior Member MisaMisaIsMe is on a distinguished road MisaMisaIsMe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2010 07:18 PM
    Why do you wanna know? *cough*stalker*cough*
    Threads

Story (9/10)
    The story line to Fullmetal Alchemist was very original. I thought it was completley amazing. It keep me going and going, and I just kept wanting more and more and more.

Characters (10/10)
    The characters were all great. They were memorable and there personalities fit the way they looked and everything.

Art/animation (8/10)
    The art was pretty good. But the animation was very great, I loved it.

Voice acting, music (10/10)
    The voice acting was just excellent! The voices fit the character just perfectly! They did a great job on it. The music was fantastice. I loved the music and everything. They fit the right parts and everything.

Overall (10/10)
    I would give Fullmetal Alchemist a perfect 10. It was on of the best anime's that I have ever watched. It's currently my favorite. It was simply wonderful and I recommand it to everything and anyone!

My Anime guys: Miroku, L Lawliet, Yuki Sohma, Toshiro Hitsugaya, Zuko, Trunks Briefs, Sasuke Uchiha, Hiromu, Kei Minami, and Edward Elric

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

okay
    story 10/10
    enjoyable in some places,funny in others and one of the best stories ever commited to screen/page . it is to be enjoyed both by those who like complicated and exiting plots with lots of twists and those who like wonderfully done fight sequences.

characters 9/10
    the good guys are good but lack the awsome character of the bad guys,the haemonculi steal the show with incredible abilities and psychotic personalities. but it it those who are not truly on either side who are the most interesting, the crazy kimblee,the mysterius and vengefull Scar and the chimearas all bring intriguing side storys to the whole pocedings.

art/ animation 8/10
    pretty good but nothing too special

voice acting ?/10
    dont know i watched it subbed, grat music though

overall 10/10
    the characters , music and story are largely flawless and combine to create one of the best anime/mangas ever. i cant reccomend it highly enough

boopaloop chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2010 12:38 AM
    Threads

Story (8.5/10)
    hilarious, enjoyable, and lots of good twists. just one doesn't seem to be enough! ;] could have been 10, cause i just don't like the bloody fight scenes.

Characters (9.5/10)
    interesting, cool, and unique. i just love how they made ed tiny LoL. and based on the 7 deadly sins, the homunculi made the story more dramatic.

Animation / Art (8/10)
    nothing too special. -_-

Voice Acting / Music (8/10)
    i have to say i'm kinda disappointed about this one. they made al and ed's voice seem too childish in the english dub. It was perfect in the japanese dub tho. Scored 8 because of the music, simply amazing.

Overall (9/10)
    great plot, great character, amazing music... wee-bit of flaws, sorry i can't give it a 10. still, a hilarious yet dramatic story indeed
    will gladly take anyone as a friend... PM me!

Senior Member The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Heart 172 - Pichu Popsicle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2011 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [TV series] Fullmetal Alchemist

I just love everything about it HAHAHAHA

I Love Being Visual Kei No Matter The Mood, Place or Time I Rock The Style Any day

Member Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2011 10:44 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: franklyngardiner

Story (4/10)
    It was okay and pretty decent but I guess they just keep on adding to many sub plots as the story progresses and it really makes it feel like each episode is a individual story.

Characters (9/10)
    I think the characters were all very original and each had great and distinctive personalities that really showed the uniqueness of the whole show.

Animation / Art (8.5/10)
    They lacked some detail in certain episodes but they added great detail just where it counts.

Voice Acting / Music (6/10)
    I liked the voice actors in the english dub, I think the original japanese version maybe made their voices a tad bit to childish which really got annoying. Music was pretty average.

Overall (7.5/10)
    Had it's flaws in the stories development and in the sound department, So I'd have to say it's something you ought to at least watch once but don't expect anything amazing.

Member mangeassshajigan is on a distinguished road mangeassshajigan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Flag One Piece Wanted Poster One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2012 06:28 PM
    Threads

Story (8/10)- It doesn't follow the manga that much but it is still great.

Characters (8.5/10)- The characters are mostly well developed.

Art/Animation (9/10) The art and animation are very appealing.

Sound(9/10)- the music is pretty decent and the voice acting was amazing.

overall (8.4/10) Its a great anime try it out.

Junior Member HuntikFan1017 has a reputation beyond repute HuntikFan1017 has a reputation beyond repute HuntikFan1017 has a reputation beyond repute HuntikFan1017 has a reputation beyond repute HuntikFan1017 has a reputation beyond repute HuntikFan1017 has a reputation beyond repute HuntikFan1017 has a reputation beyond repute HuntikFan1017 has a reputation beyond repute HuntikFan1017 has a reputation beyond repute HuntikFan1017 has a reputation beyond repute HuntikFan1017 has a reputation beyond repute HuntikFan1017's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts IPhone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2012 02:31 PM
    Threads

In my opinion, this is probably one of the most overrated animes ever.

Story 8/10

The storyline was very intriguing at first. I thought it was original and found that it was even more compelling to watch because the characters Ed and Al had such a powerful motivation to find the sorcerer's stone. But I felt that it started to go downhill near the end. I absolutely hate it when endings are rushed or feel like last-second ideas because that is what it felt like. But I guess it is understandable because the storyline in the anime differs from the manga.

Characters 8.5/10

I was pretty much satisfied with all the characters. They were well-done, but not to the point where they blew me away. I just thought it so-so. It wasn't like an "Evangelion" character close up, no it was not that impressive. It was just good.

Art 8.5/10

Music 9/10

Overall 8/10

I think that this anime's themes and motifs make up for where the story failed. Aside from the story, I found that the fight scenes were very dull and repetitive. Watching Ed charge in recklessly with his metal sword-hand repeatedly can be a turn-off.

Junior Member namine21 is on a distinguished road namine21's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2012 08:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Love full metal!!!! I finished the regular verzion and am now on the manga verzion plus reading the manga

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

this was a sad anime. two boys trying to get there bodys back i wonder why noone thought of using that story line or alchimey in animes 10 out of 10
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Senior Member Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2014 03:56 AM
    Threads

I voted all wrong...... I thougt it was for rank no.....

is my most favourite anime..... no doubt...!!
    I'll givr 10/10...

UnExpected....

Senior Member ~OTAKYU~ is on a distinguished road ~OTAKYU~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Pen IPhone Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads

First thing that came to my mind SHRIMP no offence to Edward fans

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information