AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate this anime!

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll

4 3.28%

2 1.64%

1 0.82%

2 1.64%

4 3.28%

4 3.28%

12 9.84%

19 15.57%

28 22.95%

46 37.70%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV series] Love Hina

pervelicious... /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa|'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV series] Love Hina

Anime: Love Hina
    Type: TV Series

Genre: Romantic Comedy
    Episodes: 25
    Source: DVD, Madman Release (Region 4). English/Japanese Dubbed.
    Year: 2000

"Keitaro Urashima is trying for the 3rd time to get into Tokyo University, the most prestigious university in Japan. Why? Because of a promise he made to a girl when they were both children. But that was long ago, and he has forgotten who the girl was. His parents only see him as a loafer, so when his grandmother invites him to visit her at her home, the Hinata apartments, he figures he can crash there. But when he arrives he finds himself under attack by all the female residents of the inn. Before they destroy him however, they discover that he has been named the new manager!" -story overview from DVD blurb.

Shinobu

Storyline: (9/10) There's great depth from such a simple story in this series, as a main driving force for it involves fragments of Keitaro's past. The plot twists will keep the viewer guessing, as this anime is unpredictable in so many ways. Seeing that this series exhibits the modern Japanese lifestyle, one cant help but acknowledge the developer's skill in crafting this series when people of Western culture can adapt and relate to the story. Of course, that means that there will be some untranslated dialogue written on screen such as signs and so on, but most dubbed and subbed version offer translations for them if they are important. Keep in mind that this anime is also set to make the viewer laugh, which is something that it achieves very well, but it may lead to the events being a little random.

Characters: (9/10) The characters are very interesting on their own, and when they are put together in the story, the viewing pleasure becomes so dynamic. Kinda like chaos, but in a good and funny way. There is a great blend of character development, as with any more development would lead to the characters becoming too different from the ones that capture the viewer's heart from the beginning.

Animation: (9.5/10) The animation and artwork in Love Hina has always upheld its own unique flavour that sets it as different from other titles. I heard that the animation was all computerised, which would explain why there isnt a single moment of dodgy animation. And even though it was computerised, it still has the look of a hand done job, which is what most anime fans tend to prefer.

Plot: (8/10) In the mix of all the random events, its always pleasing to see how these things make the story fall into place. Such an unpredictable and interesting construction of plot definately keeps the viewer keen on this series. However, i found the random events to be a little too sidetracking from the story, but its all in good fun.

The end was also abrupt and unclarifying, which kind of dissappointed me seeing that the rest of it wasnt.

Audio: (8.5/10) I made the choice to stay away from the english dub since i liked the Japanese voice acting better. So under that basis, i found nothing wrong with the audio side, except the tune from "Kimi Saeireba" (the ending song) was present a little too much during the series, but thats just me being picky. Oh, and if you dont like Hayashibara Megumi then im afraid the cool opening and ending songs will only irritate you since she did both of them :P

Overall: (9/10) If you call yourself an anime fan, then you should have watched this already, if you havent, then you may have to meet the business end of my flamethrower which i will whip out from nowhere :P Its hard to notice anyone that could object to the humour of this classic. It also has good replay value. So do yourself a favour and watch it if you like comedy with romance on the side... or maybe the other way around.

Keitaro and Naru

Note: Personally, i almost never 10/10. ^^;
    Last edited by /Aifa|; 05-23-2005 at 03:36 AM.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

9/10

I've only seen the first 6 or so episodes and it's funny. Plus you did a great review Aifa. I love the way Keitaro just gets beaten up all the time by the girls. poor boy. LOL

edit

since that the rules have been posted and I am going to make an example of posts, I'm updating this for the heck of it, so here it goes.

bear in mind I've only seen the first 6 or so episodes.

Story (8/10)

From what I've seen the story is pretty good. Keitaro makes a promise to a girl he once knows. maybe slightly corny but this is anime. the use of flashbacks and even different viewpoints of certain scenes (i.e. when Keitaro draws Shinobu in his notepad, drops it and runs off, that has two view-points going for it)
    The fact he becomes manager of a GIRLS ONLY hotel/hot spring is pretty funny to say the least. you give respect to the girls for beating him up over it.

Characters (9/10)

Again, only seeing the first episodes, I actually find the characters have a lot of difference in how they act (take Suu for example - who the heck goes around jumping out of windows and doing stuff she does? lol)

(btw correct me if I misspell their names - I don't own any DVDs and it's been a few months)

The personalities of the characters makes the anime funny and yet serious, to put it bluntly. I find it funny how they react to things, my favourite so far being how Motoko acts around Keitaro - unable to make her mind up whether to beat the stuffing out of him or whether she loves him.

Art/animation (7/10)

It's got good, clean and well-detailed art and has very good animation. I am critical when it comes to smooth movement in characters, so to see it's clean in movement is good.

Voice acting, music 9/10)

I know the voice actor os Keitaro has done a lot of animes - actually, when I heard and saw him he reminded me of what Shinji wants to be ... but that's not relevant. the problem is, I've only listened to the english dubs and none of the japanese.

(when and if I get hold of the DVDs again and listen to it, I'll get back on this one, but I'm rating it high as the voice scripting is well-done)

Overall (9/10)

Like beforesaid, I enjoyed watching it. I've heard bad things from other members about how it ends (spoilers to me) and given the money I'd happily go out and buy the rest of the series.

(Okay, so that's my critical review of Love Hina for now).
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 05-27-2005 at 04:55 AM.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Story: (9/10) It was a good story, suprising things always happened, and it never got dull...it was very funny, and i agree with Mac and Aifa that it is halarious that Keitaro gets beat up all the time....The plot is very twisted, especially as to who the girl from Keitaro's past is, and the answer is quite suprising as well.....I can't give it much for originality though, as the 1 guy with a large number of girls plot is used in far too many anime...

Characters: (8/10) The characters were all very interesting, and all had their own issues to deal with, although the characters seemed almost unrelated, each devoted to their own single point....the only characters who bear any relation to one another mentally and emotionally are Matsumi, Naru, and Keitaro, and a character like Su just seemed way too far fetched....

Animation: (9.5/10) I liked the art in Love Hina a lot, a very fitting style(although it was better in the manga), and the characters had a good sence of flow to them, as well as balance when moving and preforming super-human acts....the only downside is there was WAY too much fan-service...fan-service is a good thing, but it never stopped throughout the series....

Audio: (8/10) The music for the opening song was good, although i did not like the ending, and seemed not to notice the music played during the anime...the voices were good, although Keitaro's english voice actor sounded slightly winey.....

Overall: (8.5/10) This was a very good anime, although it uses an abusive amount of fanservice, and the ending comes very suddenly, giving the viewer little time to make sense of what was happening, but there is a second series of when Naru and Keitaro are in Tokyo University, so it can be justified......

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Surrounded by idiots... Starkwynd will become famous soon enough Starkwynd will become famous soon enough Starkwynd's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2006 12:02 AM
    Threads

Story: 9/10 Even though it's not my type of genre, I still really enjoyed the story. At times got redundant and predictable but overall was an enjoyable plot.

Charecter: 10/10 I really enjoyed all of the charecters, very diverse personalities. Well done in this area.

Animation: 10/10 The visuals were pretty good. All of the charecters looked great and the show in general was quite detailed.

Audio/Voiceacting: 10/10 in Japanese, 2/10 in English. The english dub just slaughtered this series, but Japanese was very convincing.

Overall: 10/10 It's a great series and a good way to introduce someone to this genre, it's my favorite series.

Ignorance isn't bliss, blissful people are just incredibly ignorant.

STOP IGNORING ME!!!!!!!

"The phrase 'dead meat' is so redundant. Once something gets
    classified as 'meat,' it's chances of recovery are pretty slim."

"There's a porkchop in the freezer I'm optimistic about. He's a fighter."

Junior Member Third teh Nerd is on a distinguished road Third teh Nerd's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2005 11:44 AM
    Threads

Story (8/10): The story starts out all well and good, and...Hilarious, even, at times, but after the tenth book or so it tends to get monotonous. The fact that Keitaro is mistaken as a pervert from just plain being unlucky, and gets beaten up by the girls of the Hinata Dormitory on a almost regular basis is funny at first, but it goes on throughout the whole book. In another note, the story has it's meaningful moments, and goes deep intoall the character's lives.
    Characters (10/10): They really pulled out all the stops with the character's here. They are all very unique, yet seem to get along almost perfectly fine. The book goes into great details on all the character's background, so they're practically main character's as Naru, and Keitaro.
    Art/animation (10/10): I really liked the art in this book. They have a diverse range of looks for all the girl's of Hinata Dormitory, and even their body types are different. Needless to say the author has a certain knack for drawing nearly naked women.
    Voice acting (--/10), music (--/10): I haven't watched Love Hina, just read it, so I can't really say about the voice acting, and music.
    Overall (9/10): Overall I give Love Hina a 9/10. Though the story goes on and on and on about Keitaro's sexual insecurities it has it's moment's, and that really pulls the story together. Though the ending was good, it didn't happen quite as soon as I had thought, and exactly how I had imagined it would after 14 books of on and off love, and fighting.

Member Doll Face will become famous soon enough Doll Face will become famous soon enough Doll Face's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2005 10:06 AM
    Threads

Story: 7/10, Though I found Love Hina to bring nothing “new” to the harem anime genre I did find it to be an overall enjoyable anime and manga. The story is pretty typical (Guy becomes head master/ teacher/ caretaker/ whatever of a house occupied by a bevy of beauties, all of which are un-attached and usually no other male characters to get in the way). Love Hina story is really nothing spectacular. It has some moments of interesting situations (Usually the main character walks in on a girl in a state of undress and gets a beating for it, the unlucky/lucky situation similar to Tenchi).

Character: 8/10 The characters, though generic in some respects, are the only thing holding the story up. Though the majority of the characters get only one or two episodes of development or back story they are still interesting. Almost all the major characters get there five minutes on the show, but has a whole must character development is left to a few key characters leaving the other behind.

Animation: 6/10 Animation is well done enough, its not breath taking mind you but its good enough. Plenty of detail given to the fan service shots (bouncing bosoms, panty shots, ect).

Audio/Voice acting: 10/10 The voice actors did a good job in the Japanese version. I found all the actors matched the feel the character was meant to portray. Uh, I don’t usually listen to the English dubbing since, so don’t know on that one.

Overall: For a straight up harem anime it’s an 8/10, for just an anime its 6/10. If you don’t happen to like the harem anime genre (are female, or like your anime to be deeper than “Omigosh BOOBIES”) then best to rent or borrow this from some one before you decide to buy anything

Junior Member Savarast will become famous soon enough Savarast's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2006 03:04 PM
    Threads

*cries* I want eps. 7 and Love Hina Again eps.3...

First, I loved it. Get a rating of 10/10 even if the scores won't match up to that.

plot 9/10: Nice, developed and against what most say, well ended. I'm talking with the Christmas Special and Spring Special mind you, as well as the last three episodes; Love Hina Again 1, 2, 3. The manga had a better ending mind you, but it was still one of the most enjoyable animes to watch... considering it is the 3rd time I've watched iot.

audio 10/10: Have the OST. Is amazing.

animation 10/10: Defined, clear, and direct. Has nice views in certain scenes. Facial expressions are appealing and convincing. though not overly complicated, I prefer it this way. Talking to the guy who enjoyed Pita Ten and Chobits.

characters 10/10: I would have to go through each character individually to explain how each one caught my heart. Even Kei near the end becomes an appealing character.

overall 9.5/10: Definately one I am going to buy if I find it in jap with eng subs. Watching it over is something I've done already.

Evil Sempai asian_brad is a splendid one to behold asian_brad is a splendid one to behold asian_brad is a splendid one to behold asian_brad is a splendid one to behold asian_brad is a splendid one to behold asian_brad is a splendid one to behold asian_brad is a splendid one to behold asian_brad is a splendid one to behold asian_brad's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2009 02:45 AM
    Threads

Story (9/10)

I personally think the story is really good. The problem for though with it is where it ends, I mean they should wrap it up like the manga and not end somewhere Vol. 12

Characters (10/10)

I think the characters are awesome. Anyway all them are funny in their own, my fav is Shinobu she gets all dizzy from the slightest affection bewteen kaitaro and Naru

Art/animation (8/10)

It's got good, can't complain

Voice acting, music (10/10)

Good voice acting the only problem was Kitsune's voice, I mean an american southern accent? They could of done better

Overall (10/10)
    Enjoy talking about video games, RPing, or just a good laugh? Join us at Gmers Online The forum that keeps on growin!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information