AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gene's "Outlaw Star" vs. Spike's "Swordfish"

Junior Member Bono is on a distinguished road Bono's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2005 01:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    dublin, ireland/ my accent is irish and american
    Threads

i know the posibilities, someone, back me up
    http://http://]i like the sound of my own voice. i want to carry on this bands legacy, so there name lives on forever.

Boosh Master General pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2010 01:21 PM
    Threads

the swordfish is nowhere near as good as the Outlaw Star.

Senior Member yamibakura is on a distinguished road yamibakura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2006 08:26 AM
    Threads

outlaw star is cool,
    leader of the yakuza triad.

Friend: dark magician girl.
    Friend:joyce
    Friend: Lady dragon
    Friend:Haruno_Sakura22
    Friend:gelayel
    Friend: ashleakate
    Friend:chibi goku
    friend:varon
    If any off the above come on any more please email me, i havent been on for ages!

DONT GO ON www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=add_98

Senior Member Kill_Me_Shining will become famous soon enough Kill_Me_Shining will become famous soon enough Kill_Me_Shining's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2005 11:36 PM
    Threads

well of course outlaw star would win. its like 10 times bigger than the swordfish.
    I'm an illusion of your heart. A figment of your adolescent psyche.
    Owner of Ryuichi Sakuma ['Claim your bishie' thread]

Junior Member Bono is on a distinguished road Bono's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2005 01:03 PM
    dublin, ireland/ my accent is irish and american
    Threads

size isnt all.it just takes one kamakazi. swordfish is faster. and can hit the outlaw star in its weakspots so easily
    http://http://]i like the sound of my own voice. i want to carry on this bands legacy, so there name lives on forever.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

kamakazi doesn't mean the ship will blow up.If he hits the wrong part, they can just seal all of the airlocks on the ship to contain the damage to a certain area.. He would need to make direct contract with the cockpit,and gene could just shoot it down if it was a head on colosion, or further, fly bind and keep a grappler are in from of the cockpit and rely on radar.

The Dragon Jd Blade has a spectacular aura about Jd Blade has a spectacular aura about Jd Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2007 09:10 PM
    Threads

Spike is cool and all, but Gene and the Outlaw star (guided by melphina) would kick his *** (fill in the blank)

Reason 1- The swordfish is nowhere near an fast as the outlaw star, which, useing the munchousin drive, can go faster than the speed of light.
    Reason 2- The sword fish has no close range combat capibilitys, while the Outlaw star has grapler arms, with an arsenal of a buzsaw, torch, and a big ax.
    Reason 3- Although I am not to entirly fimilar with the sword fishe's arsenal, the outlaw star has, not counting its grappler weapons, a whole array of missels and a couple a lazer guns.
    Reason 4- As far as the pilots go, they are pretty similar, Act first, think later...
    Don't mock the short guy... or else...hehehe...

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

all gene has to do is shoot where where spike is going to be, intead of where he is, and he'll do fine(kinda like that last little alien or two in a round of space invaders)

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2006 11:11 PM
    Threads

I'm with Bono here.

Ok...
    The thing that most people keep bringing up is "teh bigger 1 will pwn n e ting tath is teh smaller"... May I remind everyone of the story of David and Goliath? How about that time in the first Star Wars (episode IV, not episode I) when the gargantuan Death Star got destroyed by a mear X-wing? As cliche as this might sound: The bigger they are, the harder they fall (or blow up, wichever the case may be).

Secondly, most of the work is done by Melfina and i seriously doubt that she can keep up with spikes piloting skillz and i doubt even more that Gene can control the ship (or even know what he's doing) enough to not accidentally press something like the "ship-blow-up" button :P... Not to mention Spike has more experience and cat-like reflexes. On top of that, the Swordfish is a more manuverable ship (due to the fact that it was originaly conceived for racing) while the Outlaw Star is well... not for racing (it may dabble a bit in that field in an episode, but it was not built for that(it also lost):P).

Also, having many guns does not mean that you automaticaly hit your target. Especialy when your target moves in such a sporatic maner ( seriously, the Swordfish can fly backwards to evade...). Or better yet, let me remind you all of the episode where Spike had to fly blind in the huge debri field above the earth trying to catch a computer with self-awareness all the while successfully dodging all of the impending attacks (lasers dont have a delay between the shot and the hit either)

Alright, the Swordfish may have a smaller armory than the Outlaw, but the Outlaw does have a plasma canon (let alone one as strong as the one doubling the size of the swordfish). All spike would really have to do, is to evade attacks, wait for an opening, and shoot his plasma canon at the cockpit (im pretty damn sure that it would 1 pierce the shields and 2 cook every thing inside said shields KFC style). And worse comes to worse, Spike HAS been known to have a "Happy-go-lucky-kamikazy" attitude. As Bono so eloquently said, he will eject and crash his ship into his enemy (He's done it before)...

So, in my opinion, the Swordfish would win this match (wouldnt be Spikes easyest dog-fight but anyway!). But, in fight between Jet's "almighty" Hammer Head and the Outlaw, well... My money's on the Outlaw hands down!

The Dragon Jd Blade has a spectacular aura about Jd Blade has a spectacular aura about Jd Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2007 09:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by S_C_L-1
    I'm with Bono here.

Ok...
    The thing that most people keep bringing up is "teh bigger 1 will pwn n e ting tath is teh smaller"... May I remind everyone of the story of David and Goliath? How about that time in the first Star Wars (episode IV, not episode I) when the gargantuan Death Star got destroyed by a mear X-wing? As cliche as this might sound: The bigger they are, the harder they fall (or blow up, wichever the case may be).

Secondly, most of the work is done by Melfina and i seriously doubt that she can keep up with spikes piloting skillz and i doubt even more that Gene can control the ship (or even know what he's doing) enough to not accidentally press something like the "ship-blow-up" button :P... Not to mention Spike has more experience and cat-like reflexes. On top of that, the Swordfish is a more manuverable ship (due to the fact that it was originaly conceived for racing) while the Outlaw Star is well... not for racing (it may dabble a bit in that field in an episode, but it was not built for that(it also lost):P).

Also, having many guns does not mean that you automaticaly hit your target. Especialy when your target moves in such a sporatic maner ( seriously, the Swordfish can fly backwards to evade...). Or better yet, let me remind you all of the episode where Spike had to fly blind in the huge debri field above the earth trying to catch a computer with self-awareness all the while successfully dodging all of the impending attacks (lasers dont have a delay between the shot and the hit either)

Alright, the Swordfish may have a smaller armory than the Outlaw, but the Outlaw does have a plasma canon (let alone one as strong as the one doubling the size of the swordfish). All spike would really have to do, is to evade attacks, wait for an opening, and shoot his plasma canon at the cockpit (im pretty damn sure that it would 1 pierce the shields and 2 cook every thing inside said shields KFC style). And worse comes to worse, Spike HAS been known to have a "Happy-go-lucky-kamikazy" attitude. As Bono so eloquently said, he will eject and crash his ship into his enemy (He's done it before)...

So, in my opinion, the Swordfish would win this match (wouldnt be Spikes easyest dog-fight but anyway!). But, in fight between Jet's "almighty" Hammer Head and the Outlaw, well... My money's on the Outlaw hands down!
    Those are some very good points... but a kamikaze, even if he did hit the cockpit, that would end up in a draw. Also, while I agree that the sword fish may be menurvable, it is nowhere as fast as the outlaw star, so the Outlaw star could get in close and, if that happened, well the grappler arms would take care of the rest...
    Don't mock the short guy... or else...hehehe...

Senior Member Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2014 08:04 AM
    Threads

The Swordfishes plasma cannon would never pierce the Outlaw Star's shields. Just think of all the things it survived at the galactic leyline. In fact the Outlawstar would most likely dodge it.

Size does matter when it is a equal or better quality ship. The Death Star and the Star Destroyer are not exactly at the same enginering level as an X-wing.

The Outlaw Star is faster and more manuverable than the Swordfish. The Outlawstar was designed to be the ultimate combat ship.

The Outlawstar could just fire more missles than and lasers than the Swordfish could possibly dodge at one time.

The Swordfish would probably fall apart by it self anyways.
    "Tsuki ni kawatte, oshiokiyo!" ~ Tsukino Usagi

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i covered all those points in what i said guys... it would b a close call that is true, i wont deny it... but im still inclining towards the swordfish... even if Spike swears at it constantly "Hold together u piece of sh!t"... but its just got too many advantages on the outlaw... you all know how hard it is to swat a bug... especially 1 as fast as the swordfish ^_^... so i seriously doubt that those grapplers would do much good... they are made strong, not fast. and also, the comment of an X-wing beeing of better design than a star destroyer lol... X-wings were ships made from scrap parts... very badly designed ships lol... its almost a fluke that they fly...

Knight-Defender Sir_Twist has much to be proud of Sir_Twist has much to be proud of Sir_Twist has much to be proud of Sir_Twist has much to be proud of Sir_Twist has much to be proud of Sir_Twist has much to be proud of Sir_Twist has much to be proud of Sir_Twist has much to be proud of Sir_Twist has much to be proud of Sir_Twist's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2005 07:07 AM
    Threads

Definitly the outlaw star. it rocks the swordfish any day. not that its not kool, i just love the outlaw star. i got the box set ^-^
    "Fate is not what is. Fate is what you make it."

"There's nothing wrong with a little sin, as long as you remain pure of heart, no evil can touch you."

"Those who follow the path the forked path of choice are beset by many evils, one of them being treachery."

My family:
    Megami91:little sister

(\ _/)
    (0 .o)
    (> <)
    Add bunny to your sig to help on his way to world domination

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

werent we talking bout the ships? and not the anime itself...

Lycanthrope RTK is on a distinguished road RTK's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2005 06:49 PM
    Threads

Spike may get off one good shot with the main cannon but even with that the outlaw star would still take it down. Spike wouldn't stand a chance. Even the Bebop wouldn't be able to take on the Outlaw Star.

...I AM Hell...

Vagary's Prince! <3 super trunks is just really nice super trunks is just really nice super trunks is just really nice super trunks is just really nice super trunks's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2007 05:05 PM
    Threads

the outlaw star will win because of the variety of weapons.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RTK
    Spike may get off one good shot with the main cannon but even with that the outlaw star would still take it down. Spike wouldn't stand a chance. Even the Bebop wouldn't be able to take on the Outlaw Star.
    The bebop is a fishing ship....

Victim #27 Shizzy has a reputation beyond repute Shizzy has a reputation beyond repute Shizzy has a reputation beyond repute Shizzy has a reputation beyond repute Shizzy has a reputation beyond repute Shizzy has a reputation beyond repute Shizzy has a reputation beyond repute Shizzy has a reputation beyond repute Shizzy has a reputation beyond repute Shizzy has a reputation beyond repute Shizzy has a reputation beyond repute Shizzy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2010 02:02 PM
    Threads

The Swordfish is pink for that reason alone The Outlaw Star is better...

Thanks Jose!!

Junior Member Ghenna is on a distinguished road Ghenna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2006 02:50 PM
    Threads

ok, first: i know this thread is dead, but i need to put in my 2 cents.

now, having not watched outlaw star before,, i cant realy compare the two ships armaments, speed, or agility. im going to start off by saying comparing size agility speed armaments etc wont get very far. you have to acount for other factors other than what the ships and the fighters can do to kill each other. but below i will list a few factors that, i think, will bring the advantage to spikes favor.

#1 ship type: the swordfish is a fighter, plain and simple. that means its range and armament are limited. thus a support ship needs to be within the support radius. the suport ship does exactly what its suposed to (note this aplies to land bases and space stations as well). it suplies the craft with fuel, ammo, and repairs, and supplies the pilot with info. the bebop (said suport ship) also has one other benifit that i will adress in....

#2 crew of the support ship: while the outlaw star may have all kinds of weapons, the bebop has ed, a hacker. whats stoping her from hacking the outlaw star, if that happens, the outlaw star will kind of be screwed. a ship that cant shoot its weapons or move cant realy win a fight. if ed gets involved the outlaw star will be a sitting duck as spike will be able to engage it at will. if he runs out of ammo or is low on fuel, he can just take his jolly time resuplying.

#3 blind spot: not a big deal for fighters because the rely on manuverability to overcome bigger more cumbersome adversarys (shooting at a small, fast moveing target). the bigger adversarys will thus miss alot. the outlaw star however is big, able to accomidate multiple crew, and able to engage more than 1 target its size or smaller and win. this almost always comes at a price. an area not covered by any of its fireing arcs (its "blind spot") spike just needs to get to and stay there.

#4 evasion, missles, and you: missles arnt the most manuverable things in the world due to high speeds. all spike needs to do is draw the missles towards the outlaw star and lose the lock near its surface, and shazam! they arnt the outlaw stars missles any more. any impacts caused after that then becomes damage that spike is dealing (or freindly fire, however you chose to view it)

#5 eligal drugs: spike has the advantage of being able to obtain a drug that allows one to see into the future and act accordingly.

again posting ship stats isnt a clear cut way to show who has the advantage.

Death Star v X-Wing
    D.S.: firepower equal to a battle fleet + 1x laser that can destroy anything in one shot. enough sheilding to survive said fire power. and god knows how many fighters

X-Wing:4x light laser cannons, 6x torpedoes, light sheilding only good against said light cannons.

had luke not used the force and missed. the star wars universe would alot different, and luke would probaly have died.

a man named carl von clausewitz one said that battles where not won, by men, firepower, or strategy, but by circumstance. given the factors i listed above, spike doesnt have a 100% chance to win. if we continue this list for Cowboy Bebop and make another one for Outlaw Star, and wheigh all those factors, it will only establish the ideal factors for the battle. a number of things could go wrong on either side that would turn the tide of victory. well thats all i have to say.

(*sorry for all the speling mistakes and gramtical errors btw, im real tired =P*)

Member ObsidianJoy is a name known to all ObsidianJoy is a name known to all ObsidianJoy is a name known to all ObsidianJoy is a name known to all ObsidianJoy is a name known to all ObsidianJoy is a name known to all ObsidianJoy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2008 11:50 AM
    Threads

I'd say the Outlaw Star. The Swordfish is smaller and can probably dodge most of the attacks but I think it would finally be overwhelmed.

If everyone cared and nobody cried
    If everyone loved and nobody lied

Senior Member dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2010 01:50 AM
    Threads

the Outlaw Star would kill that ship in close combat.

dragongundam009's gallery

Family

Brother:Crimson Phoenix

Junior Member upload is on a distinguished road upload's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2007 09:15 PM
    Threads

of course the outlaw star would beat the swordfish i mean come on just with melfina it wis

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information