AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Akane Maniax: Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien Gaiden

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Akane Maniax: Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien Gaiden

Yet again i was rather bored so i made a review, also wasn't sure where to put this, am confused on what genre it would be classed as!

Name: Akane Maniax (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Gaiden)
    Episodes: 3
    Genre: ... not sure on this one - Comedy/spin-off/drama??? - beats me

This is a 3 part OVA sequal or side story which takes place after Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Akane is the sister of Haruka from KGNE. This is about how the events in KGNE has affected her, still feeling depressed over Takayuki and her sisters break up (you have to watch KGNE to fully understand the situation). When Akane has a transfer student in her class, Gouda, who confesses his love and proposes to her upon meeting her for the first time, i guess a sorta love at first sight thing.

Currently only the first part has been aired in Japan on the 25th November 2004 and the 2nd part is due for airing 6 months from that date (May, sometime this month)

After watching the first part i had mixed feelings about it, being a fan of the original Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien i was kinda expecting great things from this... or greater than what i saw. For thos that have seent the original series it's completly different, has familiar characters (Akane is the only one so far, but i'm hoping for an appearance of Mitsuki and during a next episode preview at the end i caught a glimpse of Haruka) and is set in the same school. As i said in the brief intro i mentioned 'the transfer student' well that guy is a complete moron is putting it kindly. And later on he was given a mecha... what the fricken hell is a school doing with a mecha in the closet, it's stupid although it did get a laugh or two from me. Was a complete shock of how the tone was changed dramatically since the first series! Akane is still very much depressed on the break up with Haruka and Takayuki and you see her express a little of that emoition on Gouda, as he constantly says 'i love you Akane' without realising what the poor girl has been through.

Rating - i can't really rate it so far as i havn't seen it all, but from what i have seen i would rate a 7 maybe. Fans of the original may be horribly disapointed of how they slaughtered the original! (although it's not as bad as i make it sound!)
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Satans Knight/Gods son Knight04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past Knight04's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2005 06:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

well give me a break it was mt first time how about showing me through example instead of judging the newbie.

Closed Thread

Thread Information