AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Anime These Days

I'm a twit Thenox is on a distinguished road Thenox's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2005 06:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anime These Days!!!!!! Part 1

THIS NEW [stuff] THEY KEEP PUSHIN OUT IS JUST THAT [not good]! i remember the good old days, getting castles in the sky on import way back when. i remember seeing lensman for the first time. when wicked city and monster city where the greatest animes ever created then soon they where forgotten. when gunbuster was fresh. i remeber life before ghost in the shell. when EVA was just a spec in its creators mind. i remeber the time befor ADV started pushing out these crap TV series. when cowboy beebop ruled the high heavens. i remeber a time when it didnt matter how good the animation was, that the cells wernt smooth enuf. rushing to the shops to get the latest imported OVAs. recalling these memories bring my to cry. i look around and think what has become of it? after the whole pokemon boom when anime was now aloud to be cool. the quality of good movies and TV shows was slummed by the rushing to get them out. today all i see is them repackaging movies that i only bought 2 years ago. releasing a series twice within 2 years of its origional relese. i look around and see the same old [things] that i watched when i was a wee nipper. shows like GITS: SAC wonts stand the tests of time. your all buying into the tail end of something that exploded in the 80s. its a fact that more anime fans lost faith around 99 when they stated putting garbage on the shelves. you all bought it and thought look at me im real cool. so i blame you all for the crap that gets pushed out onto me. you all start [talk]in about what the best gundam show is. well for the record the origional show is!!!!! you wanna watch real good shows. go find giant robo!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Regex; 04-15-2005 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Language

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 01:30 PM
    Threads

Old people get set in their ways and don't like things to change. It's a sad state to be in, to detest progress.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Digital Plague Zeke_Asakura has much to be proud of Zeke_Asakura has much to be proud of Zeke_Asakura has much to be proud of Zeke_Asakura has much to be proud of Zeke_Asakura has much to be proud of Zeke_Asakura has much to be proud of Zeke_Asakura has much to be proud of Zeke_Asakura has much to be proud of Zeke_Asakura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2005 04:48 AM
    Threads

You gotta admit,some of the anime these days are awsome!
    Shaman King Anime SK

My family is in my journal

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2014 01:34 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ashminigun

*joins in the fray...

hmmm.... it were good ol' days, however is a norm most people in this world to leave the old stuff behind to get some new, fresh and hyped stuff. so, you cannot blame them entirely for changing taste. Most of the anime producer and distributor must change to meet the latest trend and eventually trying to survive in the industry today. I admitted there are too much anime in the same genre and theme with quite similar plot and become a bit of redundancy for the anime enthutiast to watch them. Yet, some of the anime have some new and good storyline and theme and becoming a trend -setter for others. Sometimes, is good to change.

'nough said...

Queen of the Airheads ^,~ Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2006 04:17 PM
    Threads

Dude....how old are you? I mean really, you sound like a whining grandpa.....with all this "back in my day..." stuff.....though I do respect the veterans, times are changing. You need to hop on the train, or get the heck offa the tracks.....

As for the anime, personally, in order for me to watch an anime, it's gotta have some really good animation and a really good storyline. Shows like Big O and Trigun, Even CowBoy Bebop, don't have quality animation, but they've become legends that have helped anime evolve, and by the way, are still shown on t.v., no matter how old they are. New animes have great animation, and deal with things that us ppl of the newer generations are interested in. (Even though I do agree that Ghost in the Shell is stupid, since the plot makes me snore, we can still all agree that it has good animation)

Anyways, I just don't understand how you can be so against change, it's everywhere, and it's gonna happen no matter what.

A.R.S.F. Team #7 Leader m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2005 04:58 PM
    Threads

Not all old Anime has faded out, take Gundam for instance...its been going for almost 30 years now and is still one of the top rated Mecha Animes out there. Things arent fading like you say, they are just improving and meeting the demands of those who watch them.

Yes I have to admit that the large amount of Card game animes and cute and fuzzy monster animes are getting a little too thick. But they are directed at the younger viewers, no one is forcing you to watch them they are just there to keep our little brothers and sisters happy. Eventually they will grow up and start to watch the more mature animes like Cowboy Bebop, Evengelion and Ghost in the Shell. But those who grow up will be replaced by a new generation of younger children who are going to want to watch a fuzzy yellow rat that shoots lightning out of its body.

Though these shows may seem anoying to some of us now, they are what got us interested into Anime in the first place. And if it gets more kids interested then I say bring on the corney card game shows like Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, and Digimon. All they can do is help creat a stronger and more diverse Anime Nation.

The One I Love Very Much: Chibi-chan

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

To amazon goddess: something that old gramps will tell you is that in the course of your life, change is not always for the better. when you change the stregnth of a good story and plot for expensive and smooth animation you have to wounder, what will they change next. 1 thing that has occured to me over the past 10 years, is the amount of CGI that has apperd. now a film called goglo 13 (pardon the spelling) was the first anime to introduce CGI and it ruined the film. now 10 years from now, when anime is totally CG like final fantasy the spirits within, will you still call it anime? that the way it seems to go. you sacrifice a good story to add some 30min battle sceen using fancy computer grafix for the entertainment of little morons who arnt even old enuf to watch the dam thing in the first place. ya'll gonna end up where i am thinking, what happend to good anime?

to m1abrams vbmenu_register("postmenu_547624", true); Senior Member: shows like pokemon, yu-gi-oh and what not all add to a craze amoung youngsters! when a fanbase of 12-14 year old grip ther vicelike claws into a franchise, it only spells disaster. they grow out of pokemon and find other franchise shows. such as Evangelion. OMG i and when they mature from this they find other things to latch on to. GITS: SAC. now tell me this, when an indi rock group go mainstreem and get a huge fan base, do they or do they not sacrifice the quality of there music to keep up with the demand of new matirial??? so before you TRY to condem me just think to yourself that im not wrong am i? i understand totlay that peoples tastes differ and so do trends. but when the latest trend seems to be poor quality storys and the same series with 50 different versions by 50 different studeos. you have to draw the line dude. hope you understand the point im trying to make.
    Last edited by Regex; 04-20-2005 at 06:41 PM.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

i think Thenox is right. older anime of the 70s, 80s, and early 90s was much better, had more meaning, and was deeper, they really made the viewer think. now we have things like yu-gi-oh and pokemon and DBZ/GT which have little messege to offer, basic plot lines, and the typical plot set up, creating a steriotype among those who have only gotten into anime in recent years. there are still some good anime being released now though, but they are hard to find and almost never aired to a mainstream audience in America, such as Saiyuki, Kino's Journey, of King of Bandits Jing. Saiyuki has a powerful messege behind it, Kino's Journey has a messege that makes you think about the world around you, and Jing has the plot which must be examined to find the meaning. unfortunatly, most modern shows simply display basic ideas to the viewer. Sadly, the old days of Gundam and Evangelion are gone, and childish anime are being mass-produced for the new generation of anime fans.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's a huge generalization to say that all the anime these days is shallow and for kids. There is a lot of that, it's true, because they discovered that was the audience that was actually gravitating towards anime. So it's only natural that they try to cater to that audience a bit. What you're missing though, is that there still are plenty of shows out there that are just as deep as Eva. The exterior makes it hard to see how deep it all is sometimes, but it is there.

But the biggest factor in it all.. Is that you grew up. You still look back on the old anime fondly from the time you were watching it, so it seems deeper and more mature, when in fact, it's little more than bias, personal opinion, and your maturity level at your exposure to it. Get with the times. After all, back in my day, we didn't have these fancy 3-D graphics in video games. We had dots. And by dots, I mean squares. And these dots had an incredible story to tell.

You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Junior Member jindivik is an unknown quantity at this point jindivik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2005 08:59 AM
    Threads

hey grandpa "thenox" why dont you leave these guys alone....they watch whatever they want to watch, just because they aint 60 years old like you, they have been brought up with the new stuff so like that more...grunpy old people these days.......
    If guns are responsible for killing people, my pencil is respondible for mispellded words!

A.R.S.F. Team #7 Leader m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I dont Thenox is trying to scold us for the new anime, he is just trying to express his opinion that alot of the Anime today is for children, unfortunetly alot of it is a tad childish. My point was that some of that Anime is important for younger veiwers, it helps them appreciate Anime more and more as they get older and move onto bigger and better things.

He is also right when he says that alot of the older Anime has been taken off the air and we dont see it as much, but again I argue that not all the new Anime is bad either. Full Metal Alchemist, Wolfs Rain, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Inuyasha, ect. Those are all rather new Anime and they are just as good if not better than some of the older Anime. I guess in the long run it all depends on ones Personall preferences.

Senior Member little:k is on a distinguished road little:k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2005 08:33 PM
    Threads

Is watching new anime bad?
    I do admite that they have ben copying other anime.
    Not to be rude our anything.
    But i have no idea what you trying to say on the first post.
    All i know is your mad cause of the new anime.
    Why are you mad at it?
    Twirling Wirling Round We Go Twirling Fast And Twirling Slow See The Colors Skip And Flow Twirling Round We Go

Junior Member jindivik is an unknown quantity at this point jindivik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2005 08:59 AM
    Threads

because he's old and grumpy, i bet he has a big grey beard & everything!
    If guns are responsible for killing people, my pencil is respondible for mispellded words!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Come on now lets not pick on the guy, he is just trying to express his opinion about the newer generation of Anime. Just becuase he has a different...older view on Anime dosent make him some old geizer who lives down the road. He has just been watching Anime a little longer than we have...he is from the day before Pokemon and those other shows (Note Pokemon came out in the mid 90's so it wasnt that long ago)

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Doh, the old animes are the best! I still remember watching Macross, Hokuto no Ken, Tsuri Kichi Sanpei, ... oh the times ^^

But still, I kinda like the new age animes ... but those with great story, not the ones such as Pokemon, Yugioh and so one >_>

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 04:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

Thenox... cmon man theres like... How much new anime coming out every month.... your eyes are looking down... take a good look at the anime world... So many new anime come out, most (if not all) based on either some kind of culture or religion... Some in more ways than others... You really shouldnt complain... Alot of anime still have great meaning... Look for them...

And dont just look in your local video store... Get them imported like in your "past" or whatever... Just because its easier to find them now doesnt mean that the ones you find are the best. =P

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

For ya'll be callin me old im like totaly 1276 years old man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Anime These Days Part 2

What ever happend to the motion picture and the OVA? do ya`ll remeber when a video relese containd a movie or an OVA. i remeber rushing to the shops to buy the third installment of Violant Jack. Buying movies such as (in the later days) Black Jack and Wings Of Hanamisse. these where grate times. you payed for your video and got the entire street fighter 2 movie. but not anymore. Now they push out the entire series of something on dvd in 12 volumes charging you 20quid per disk! and then fetch a boxset out thus saving you alot of money. then they release it again. what happend to the OVA? the motion picture? The OVA where at the cost of 6quid per volume! this was value for money! the motion pictures! where are the theater releases of such films? ya`ll talk about how amazing the new gundam series is, well i remeber watching Macross: the movie on the big screen. ya`ll keeping anime a DVD thing. you kids these days dont know the value of a pound nore the quality of value! SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

argh, be glad that you have so cheap anime DVDs <_< Here one DVD costs about $38 >_> and in all my country you can count all animes that you can buy >_> don't think that you can find more than 10 different titles <_<

Anyway, OVAs stil exists and are relased, they didn't die, though, duno about your cuntry.

Anyway, the last anime that was on big screen here, was Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi (Spirited Away), and that was something about 1 year ago >_>

So, overall be glad that you have so many animes around in your cuntry!
    Last edited by wizz-o-matic; 04-25-2005 at 07:19 AM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

These threads belong together. So together they are.

You know it's true.

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2014 01:34 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ashminigun

*joins in the hot thread again...

hmmm.... the only anime that been released in big screen format in my part of the world (as long as I can remember) were Pokemon the First Movie and Spirited Away. Else, all animation movie in cinema are dominated by Hollywood (Disney, Warner Bro etc) animation movie. Others good anime DVD, OAV or motion picture can be found in stores some part of KL or some established Anime -related shop like Animetech. In conclusion, if you want to find some not mainstream (those that don't aired on national TV) and good anime in M'sia, you have to go on a quest for it...

'nough said...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

YOUR all missing my point. its the lack of OVAs im wizzed off about!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information