AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Mobile Police Patlabor.... What's about it?

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2014 01:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ashminigun

Talking Mobile Police Patlabor.... What's about it?

Hi again!
    hmmm.... I think not many thread 'bout this great (for me and for some of you) mecha anime + police action. So, what's your think 'bout this anime?

I first watched this anime way back in 1993 or 1994 I think, the time where I perceived anime as cartoon. It kinda cool with mecha action with inside story of a life of a police officer. Kinda like NYPD Blue with a kick of mecha action. Although, the animation is not the tasting of the newer and hyped generation, but it stands cool among the classic mecha anime.

So, what yours?

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    Highland, CA (since nobody knows where that is)
    Threads

Never saw the series, but I saw a couple of the movies. The results varied. Patlabor and Patlabor 2 were good, WXII not so much. Not enough action for the average Gundam fan.

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

*joins in the fray again...

WXIII is quite a let down 'cause the story is more focusing on the young detective rather to the SV2 on the case mysterious monster on the loose in Tokyo Bay. The movie itself it's a spin -off from the one of the episode in it earliest OAV. However, I like the first movie better 'cause it has an original storyline which not related to the series and its two OAV.

'nough said...

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just don't like WXII because it was soooooooooooooooo boring. No action at all that I remember.

Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

so, anyone here have seen the series rather the movies?

-I will be waiting for your answer....

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No, and unless someone gives me the DVD's or it is aired on Action, I don't plan to.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Series - No, first two movies - Yes, 3rd movie.... not yet ><

Opinions on movie.... great

[end of spammish post]
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

A.R.S.F. Team #7 Leader m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2005 03:58 PM
    Threads

WXII was very boring, I watched it...and was very anoyed I waited for 3 hours for that darnd thing to download. And then when the Section 2 finally came in....they only fought for like 10 minutes. I was anoyed an un impressed. The first 2 movies were good though, I liked those alot.

The One I Love Very Much: Chibi-chan

The Loyal Wolf. Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2013 10:27 AM
    Threads

the first two movies were awsome, the third was freakishly good (i loved the fight at the end)
    true detective story stuff right there man, not even sherlock could be that cool.
    Last edited by Sophonax; 05-26-2005 at 04:05 AM.
    Be very careful, because the wolves of life will devour your soul.

Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

*joins in the fray again...

man, called yourself a mecha-anime otaku and you guys didn't the Patlabor TV series yet? I recommend you guys to watch it. The series has hero that aren't cry -baby type and you might find some of the story is not revolves only on mecha. go and buy the DVD or use any other method applicable as long you guys can watch. I bet you guys will a least enjoy it.

'nough said...

pervelicious... /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa|'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:49 AM
    Threads

Hmmm, i watched Patlabor the movie and it really annoyed me. Too boring. The animation was great though, and the last action scene was pretty good i guess.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Bamboo Cup Notebook Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2014 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Felsho

I think the series is not bad. Only a couple of episodes are stupid and boring. The same think is for the three movies. The first two I found quite intresting. They are full of action and the story isn't bad at all. The last movie instead is really boring.

The Loyal Wolf. Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2013 10:27 AM
    Threads

i dunno, i liked WXIII; it was interesting, but i guess you've have to be a huge dective story fan in order to get pass the bordom of actionless mechs
    Be very careful, because the wolves of life will devour your soul.

Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

*joins in the frenzy again...

If you wanna know more 'bout Patlabor TV, I had posted my review on the Anime and Manga Review section. You can go there thru' this link http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=26979

'nough said...

Closed Thread

Thread Information