AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Soukyuu no Fafner

Mr. 4th of July's Lady Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 09:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Soukyuu no Fafner

Who has seen this series? I've only seen one ep of it so far and I think it's a little funny how it's starting out all Gundam-ish. XD or maybe I have been watching too much Gundam lately? ^^;; The original pilot for Fafner is killed (duh!) and the only one left who can pilot it is a young teenage boy who has never piloted it before yet somehow knows what to do.

I saw the picture above on the staff shirts at Sakura Con this year and is it just me or do the characters look like they could be from Gundam SEED & Gundam SEED Destiny? ^^;;

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    Highland, CA (since nobody knows where that is)
    Threads

The character similarities is due to the character designer. He worked on Gundam SEED/Destiny and is apparently commonly known to have a few faces that he uses ad nauseum in his series. That said, personally I have mixed feelings about this show. I saw 5 episodes, and it was good and all, but it was just so.... boring. There was just not enough action for me

Mr. 4th of July's Lady Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Straw Hat Pirate
    The character similarities is due to the character designer. He worked on Gundam SEED/Destiny and is apparently commonly known to have a few faces that he uses ad nauseum in his series. That said, personally I have mixed feelings about this show. I saw 5 episodes, and it was good and all, but it was just so.... boring. There was just not enough action for me
    I wondered about that...I just haven't had the time yet to look into it myself. Thanks for clearing that part up for me ^_^

I dunno about it either but I have only seen one ep XD I need to watch a few more to give my honest opinion....

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It was weird, I remember I waited forever for episode 6 to arrive on fansub, but then I got it and I couldn't sit through it. I don't know what happened

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It was weird, I remember I waited forever for episode 6 to arrive on fansub, but then I got it and I couldn't sit through it. I don't know what happened
    You got distracted by something shiny perhaps? XD

Sometimes I get like that with series as well....I think I will like it and then I just lose interest after a bit. ^^;;

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Certainly happens to me with a fair amout of series. A similar thing happened with Tokyo Mew Mew. I think I was expecting Fafner to be more like SEED than it was.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Certainly happens to me with a fair amout of series. A similar thing happened with Tokyo Mew Mew. I think I was expecting Fafner to be more like SEED than it was.
    Well Fafner certainly does start out a LOT like SEED does. I haven't watched ep 2 yet though so I dunno how far the similarities go right now. ^^;;

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I do remember that my favorite character was the quiet, sickly girl who likes Kazuki (think that's the lead guy's name). She was so cute

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I do remember that my favorite character was the quiet, sickly girl who likes Kazuki (think that's the lead guy's name). She was so cute
    Well I've still just seen the one ep so I haven't had time to pick a favorite yet :P

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That is cool. BTW, I am wondering where you got that pic for your sig?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That is cool. BTW, I am wondering where you got that pic for your sig?
    On another forum. One of those "Post a random picture here" thread thingys....

I think I might watch the second ep in a bit...I'm bored :P hopefully I won't fall asleep! *crosses my fingers*

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I am contemplating downloading the series, becaue the reviews are good, so I am curious. Maybe it wont be as boring the second time?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I am contemplating downloading the series, becaue the reviews are good, so I am curious. Maybe it wont be as boring the second time?
    yeah...I saw teh second ep just now and it seems to be getting good...I just hope it holds up ^_^

I didn't know Shinn was in this XD *referring to Kazuki looking a lot like Shinn* and Kazuki's dad looks a lot like Cagalli's protector from SEED

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*thinks back* Oh my God, you're right! That guy does look an awful lot like Shinn. So it is true that the guy has like 3 faces he uses ad nauseum I think after I finish Ranma 1/2 season 7 and naruto, I will certainly give this series another try, if for no other reason than the cute girls

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*thinks back* Oh my God, you're right! That guy does look an awful lot like Shinn. So it is true that the guy has like 3 faces he uses ad nauseum I think after I finish Ranma 1/2 season 7 and naruto, I will certainly give this series another try, if for no other reason than the cute girls
    and the ultra short uniforms ^^;; *beats you over the head with a baka hammer* :P

I like this series so far....it has gotten my interest after 3 eps.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I suppose the story really picks up after episode 5. I won't spoil it for you, but needless to say, it is somewhat intriguing.

Also, the short uniforms are quite nice, as in Gundam SEED/Destiny

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I suppose the story really picks up after episode 5. I won't spoil it for you, but needless to say, it is somewhat intriguing.

Also, the short uniforms are quite nice, as in Gundam SEED/Destiny
    You beter not spoil it for me otherwise I will have to seriously hurt you.

those short uniforms are so impractical though! It looks like they ran out of pants or something and the girls could only wear the top part of the uniform....*hurls an unfuzzy slipper at your head* boys....

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It is just something that is common in anime. Gotta get the boys watching somehow, and how better than with good action and fanservice I forget, what do they call the lead character's mecha in Fafner? I remember it has the word Fafner, and there is also a number or something in addition right?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It is just something that is common in anime. Gotta get the boys watching somehow, and how better than with good action and fanservice I forget, what do they call the lead character's mecha in Fafner? I remember it has the word Fafner, and there is also a number or something in addition right?
    Mark XI? or is that the system? I forget and I am not at home to double check up on it either ;_____;

Yeah yeah yeah.....boys are pigs.....and I just decided that I wanna see a pig fly.....*gets out the "chibi" baka hammer of dooooooooom* come here....I wanna show ya something....

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*backs away slowly* I don't feel like getting hit with a hammer right now, sorry That sounds right, coz I remember all the Fafners have numbers attached to clarify which one is for which kind of battle. Is the Kazuki's black or blue? I can't remember

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*backs away slowly* I don't feel like getting hit with a hammer right now, sorry That sounds right, coz I remember all the Fafners have numbers attached to clarify which one is for which kind of battle. Is the Kazuki's black or blue? I can't remember
    His is blue I think. At least it was in the first 2 eps. Maybe it changed later?

Are you sure you don't want me to show you something? It's really fun and it won't hurt a bit...well for me it won't anyway...XD come on......

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*backs into the corner opposite of you* I am very sure I don't want to see it, at least not right now I thought his was blue, but I wasn't sure. I also knew there was a black one, and wasn't sure if it was his or this other one I was thinking of.

BTW, it seems like we are the only two people in this thread dont it?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*backs into the corner opposite of you* I am very sure I don't want to see it, at least not right now I thought his was blue, but I wasn't sure. I also knew there was a black one, and wasn't sure if it was his or this other one I was thinking of.

BTW, it seems like we are the only two people in this thread dont it?
    You know you want to...curiousity is killing you....

you're not sure of anything are you? XD I just checked it and it was blue in eps 1 & 2. I haven't seen ep 4 yet and ep 3 the new one, or something like it, launched but you didn't see what it was or what it looked like.....

I know! But since I made it that means I'm in control!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! PH34R T3H CUT3 ON3!!!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I forgot you made this thread I am somewhat curious about the baka-hammer... *edges closer slightly*

I hope nothing happened to that girl in episode 6... she was so cute, and my kind of girl (quiet, shy, and cute).

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I forgot you made this thread I am somewhat curious about the baka-hammer... *edges closer slightly*

I hope nothing happened to that girl in episode 6... she was so cute, and my kind of girl (quiet, shy, and cute).
    I knew you would be....no one can resist the baka hammer.....you should examine it really closely and look at all the detail on it...it's the only way to truely appreciate it

NO SPOILERS!! so help me....if you give me a spoiler I will not give any mercy!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information