AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Some parents have problems with their kids watching animes eh! agree?

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Some parents have problems with their kids watching animes eh! agree?

Well this is a very big problem to me, its no big deal watching animes or reading mangas, i dunno why but my parents are having huge problem with me with animes.

Waist of time?
    Bad education?
    Ratings?

wut about you guys. Is this a big deal?

-or maybe im in the wrong forum? lol-

The Key to Paradise Kiba' is infamous around these parts Kiba' is infamous around these parts Kiba''s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2005 09:17 AM
    I can't remember....... ZzZzZzZZzzzzzzZZZ
    Threads

First of all dude you posted in the wrong part of the Forum bad kiidy. But no it isnt a problem screw your parents lol. If you like it stay with it thats what i say.

You are SASUKE!
    Even if I must eat the Devil's Fruit, I am on a path where i must gain power!
    Family:

I don't need anyone...

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kiba'
    First of all dude you posted in the wrong part of the Forum bad kiidy. But no it isnt a problem screw your parents lol. If you like it stay with it thats what i say.
    Haha yeah its a big problem that they have problems with me watching animes.

and yeah i mentioned that i might posted this on the wrong section, screw the one who told me to post it here lol.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Yeah, this should have been put in the Misc section. But that's ok, I'm sure a mod will move it. ^___^

Problem with you watching anime? That's strange.. maybe they think your watching cartoons?

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh yeah, its very strange to other pplz.

and yeah please mod, please move this to the right section for me, thankie thankie^^;;-sweats-

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Well I don't see anything wrong with it. Sure, some animes are really "out there", but for the most part, it's harmless.

Heh, I think your parents need a rain check. ^__^

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

I dunno on this one guys, the topic relates to animes, it's the general problems that parents have, i think this falls into this criteria.

Well i think parents have probelms with it cause they associate it with cartoons, normal cartoons like Looney Toons and etc. it's animation and animation is all the same and meant for children they think, or something along the lines, but some parents don't mind animes.
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 04-09-2005 at 07:44 PM.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Death
    I dunno on this one guys, the topic relates to animes, it's the general problems that parents have, i think this falls into this criteria.

Well i think parents have probelms with it cause they associate it with cartoons, normal cartoons like Looney Toons and etc. it's animation and animation is all the same and meant for children they think, or something along the lines, but some parents don't mind animes.
    yeah i know, you're right, but my brother posted it anyways. Its related to the animes i suppose, like you said.

Asian Pride Benitora_shadowman will become famous soon enough Benitora_shadowman's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2005 10:06 PM
    Threads

If your parents have a problem with it, then talk to them. They dont watch it like you do, so they dont know why you like it. Some animations have nudity and too much gun shooting and that stuff. Those can be problems that your parents think about. Talk to them and assure them that it doesn't bother you in your studies or anything.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Well we'll just have to see what the mods say really.

To address your first post, you are entitled to do what you want, it's a hobby like anything else, like going dancing or etc. It can't alone be blammed for changes in your education, you alone are responsible enough for that and no blame can be put on that and well can't say anything about ratings..
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 04-13-2005 at 02:10 PM.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Biscuit Lover ;3 Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2011 11:13 PM
    Threads

Hmmm... this is also some part of the thread "ban Anime!!" but it should be the parents choice to let you watch anime
    Last edited by Tiggit; 04-09-2005 at 07:59 PM. Reason: to many mmm's

Archlord of Chaos Doomsday082 will become famous soon enough Doomsday082's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2005 09:15 PM
    Threads

Default Whoa!!

Whoa, Dude,

Anime can be good, but Your Parents are important. Plus, let's just say Parents don't view Anime as clean, wholesome family entertainment!
    Careful what You do.

Sincerely,
    Last edited by Doomsday082; 04-09-2005 at 11:25 PM.
    ---------------Doomsday082--------------

----------------------My Gallery------------------------

Junior Member MentalSnake4 is on a distinguished road MentalSnake4's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2005 11:57 PM
    Threads

Smile My parents have a problem

my parents have a problem with anime because A: they think its a little adulty u no like on some parts. B:they think it a wast of money of the anime and manga i buy and C:they say that i can never get a job in makein mangas (which i am good at) so dude i no what u are goin through (by the way im a dude i just perfer and girls as pic)
    Last edited by MentalSnake4; 04-09-2005 at 11:36 PM.

Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact Orange Dango Cosmic Heart Compact
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2021 10:37 PM
    Threads

My parents think that anime is ment only for children (from the days i wached sailor moon ^^; ) they think i should "grow up" lol but they're a lot of different genre out there, some are ment for teens some adults, you just need to show them... but when it comes to violence and stuff like that well you can turn on your tv and watch any show and find violence (which can be worse and be in real life) i try to tell my parents its an art form of life -^.^-

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MentalSnake4
    my parents have a problem with anime because A: they think its a little adulty u no like on some parts. B:they think it a wast of money of the anime and manga i buy and C:they say that i can never get a job in makein mangas (which i am good at) so dude i no what u are goin through
    Those are exactly why my parents have problems with animes, they also think that animes are the weirdest thing in the world cos they dun look human-like haha.

Junior Member MentalSnake4 is on a distinguished road MentalSnake4's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2005 11:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan-
    Those are exactly why my parents have problems with animes, they also think that animes are the weirdest thing in the world cos they dun look human-like haha.
    yea it gets.......weird........at some parts but they look at it as like the only bad thing on the plant take like.........american pie my parents laugh at that movie but they watch my anime like azumanga daioh etc. the talk crap about it

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2019 08:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ashminigun

*joins in the fray...

hmmm... my parents have no problem about me watching anime... I think most parents will understand it that you like anime with a bit of explaining, just you don't overdo it like spending all your pocket money that supposed to last about week, to buy anime -related stuff i.e. DVDs and ask pocket money from them the very next day, they sure gone ballastic 'bout that or watching anime until your tend to ignore your responsiblity at home, your studies or them completely. Try to control yourself, try set time limits to watch anime or if you're a DVD boxset collector freak, set which anime you want to buy, saving your money and when you have the sufficient money, buy it and enjoy.

'nough said...

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

my parents dont mind that i watch it, but they think im somewhat too old to watch it on some cases
    Derp.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Eh, my parents just kinda complain about everything I do. Don't spend tour money on food, get something that will last longer!!!! Don't spend your money on movies and games, they won't help you in the long run!!!! Don't spend your money on your friends, let them make their own money!!!! Don't spend your money on books, you can borrow them from the library!!!! Don't spend your money on new hockey equipment, it'll only break as well!!!!

I mean seriously, What am I supposed to do with my money then????
    Last edited by Regex; 07-10-2005 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Language

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My dad thinks i am stupid to watch anime because the animation is alot like old animation from way back.
    -TWM-

Boosh Master General pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2010 01:21 PM
    Threads

as long as they don't cut you off somehow from anime or manga then it goesn't sound like a problem.

AnimeFiend VRini87 will become famous soon enough VRini87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2006 01:33 PM
    A place full of hicks, fried chicken, and bad teeth...Georgia, of course. Nah, I love GA
    Threads

Most of you guys say that parents associate anime with American cartoons which target a younger audience. I think it's the opposite, because I can't see why anyone would have a problem with his or her kids watching American cartoons. Anime is so diverse, there's something for every age group. You're parents may not like anime, because they saw you watching an anime with adult content or something. Like two or three years ago my dad saw me watching Hellsing, and he didn't like the language. If you're parents do think that you're too old for cartoons try to explain that all animes aren't meant to be viewed by kids. If you're not a socially active person, your parents may think that you have some obsession with fantasy, or that you're not able to function in the real world. Then again, you didn't say why you're parents aren't fond of you watching animes. You probably should ask them what's the problem, then ask for help.
    "A woman is like a tea bag, you cannot tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
    - Nancy Reagan

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

My mother always wanted me to keep a diverse outlook on things as a child....so she has no problem with it now, or has she ever.

If your parents trust you than they will trust you enough to make your own desicisons on shows appropirate to watch as per their wish's.A parents realation ship with their children is based upon Trust, compensation, and understanding.
    Just because your an otaku does not mean they should change that either, i don't know how old you are, however communication is important so you can come to terms with them and earn their trust.
    Just ask your parents to hear you out and respect your choices as a young adult trying to learn responsability, they will most likly come to some agreement, like previewing an episode of an anime that you want to watch, or limiting the ratings.

My advise may be right, or wrong, it depends on your parents.

ZG: I <3 'chu, idiot. Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2010 03:28 PM
    Threads

I dont see why a parent would Not let a child watch anime or read manga. I dont see anything wrong with it.. parents should let their kids watch anime, it could give them a good imagination...
    -FMA18-
    New signature soon, hopefully. =3

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Parents have a right to be concerned, because there is anime that is sent twords the adult crowd (Why do you think theres an adult swim)

Closed Thread

Thread Information