AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Pillows

Angel of peace Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2009 02:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    I live in Japan. Well, I wish I did anyways.
    Threads

Default The Pillows

To all the Jrock fans out there.

Have you ever heard of The Pillows? The Pillows is a group of three named
    • Yamanaka Sawao-lead guitar and vocals
    • Yoshaiki Manabe-guitar
    • Shinichiro Sato-drums
    The pillows have made their hits since 1989. You can hear The Pillows awesome music when you watch Fooly Cooly.
    If you have heard of the Pillows, then you know good Jrock music.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

OH GOD YES.

I only like...one or two other japanese musicians/bands, but they absolutely freakin' RULE <333

i only have 4 of their songs, though, and that makes me saaaad =[
    (those that i have are Ride on Shooting Star, Stalker Goes To Babylon, Advice, and Instant Music)
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh, I love them. I tried to get Doi to buy me one of their albums when he was in Japan, but he didn't have any extra cash!

They are wonderful. <3 <3
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Angel of peace Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So you have heard of the pillows? Thats so great! I love Yamanaka Sawau.
    I have one FLCL soundtrack. But I am going to buy one of their albums today!

Digital Plague Glitch4.0 has a spectacular aura about Glitch4.0 has a spectacular aura about Glitch4.0 has a spectacular aura about Glitch4.0's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2007 01:41 PM
    Arizona...where nothing grows and the state tree is a telephone pole
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Faroelove
    To all the Jrock fans out there.

Have you ever heard of The Pillows? The Pillows is a group of three named
    • Yamanaka Sawao-lead guitar and vocals
    • Yoshaiki Manabe-guitar
    • Shinichiro Sato-drums
    The pillows have made their hits since 1989. You can hear The Pillows awesome music when you watch Fooly Cooly.
    If you have heard of the Pillows, then you know good Jrock music.
    the pillows...im totaly oblivious, is this some kind japanese band faroe???
    quote the great mithos: "Revert to nothing-ness"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah big bro.^-^ The Pillows are Jrock. Japanese rock.^-^ They are so cool.

Mr. 4th of July's Lady Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 09:31 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers
    OH GOD YES.

I only like...one or two other japanese musicians/bands, but they absolutely freakin' RULE <333

i only have 4 of their songs, though, and that makes me saaaad =[
    (those that i have are Ride on Shooting Star, Stalker Goes To Babylon, Advice, and Instant Music)
    I got a whole mess of songs by them. If you want any let me know and I can hook you up! ^_~

Member *~MMfan48~ is on a distinguished road *~MMfan48~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2005 01:55 PM
    Threads

I like the songs they used for FLCL. My friend has their CD((The Pillows)) and I've heard them, so they pretty cool...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

At least you got to hear the great music of the pillows!
    ~I'll try to be nice, so please give me a chance~

Do you want to be my friend?

~Faroe~
    Lets be friends
    my friends:

Flame Demon
    Tao_Bason05
    heavenspheonix
    Glitch4.0
    JustAgirl
    Mink
    Sephiroth33
    Macus2
    -Naota-
    Varly
    Sevavii
    Nessa1

Member N.D. Wolfwood is on a distinguished road N.D. Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2007 01:35 PM
    Threads

Talking THE PILLOWS ROCK, who's with me

I never really listened to J-pop before I watched flcl, just your opccasional song from any anime I was watching. But After i got into them, they opened my ears to a whole new culture of music (which I love now) Boa is really good too.
    anybody got a smoke?

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No need to have more than 1 thread dedicated to the Pillows. They are wonderful, but I don't like multiple threads on the same topic.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

They're too pop.
    I personally like the guitar intro for "Ride On Shooting Star", but besides that, I don't really like them.
    I prefer Dir en grey, X JAPAN, hide with Spread Beaver, MUCC, Merry, Nightmare, Kagerou... Amongst others.

Former Anbu Assassin Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2008 07:27 PM
    Threads

i love there music im a true pillow fan! ^^ the songs i like are blues drive monster, ride on a shooting star, funny bunny, hybrid rainbow, instant music, last dinosaur,one life,and crazy sunshine ^^ i have four of there albums ^^

Lovely Siggy From Felicci.91

"In the world of ninja, those who don't follow the rules are scum, that's true. But, those who abandon their friends are worse than scum."

+Rain the Pain+ xCalypsox is on a distinguished road xCalypsox's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2005 02:55 PM
    Threads

Default The Pillows

Is anyone a fan of The Pillows? I think they totally kick it!! I have the first 'Addict 01' from Fooly Cooly, and I downloaded a bazillion of their songs...

So what's ur fav song?

*edit* Once again people need to look first before creating a new thread! Arrrggghhh!!
    Last edited by Myrra; 04-02-2005 at 08:55 AM.

"...I can’t see the end of me

My whole expanse I cannot see
    I formulate infinity
    And store it deep inside of me..."
    -Nirvana-
    R.I.P--Kurdt Cobain...
    It is I...Rain

Familia:
    Spiral76- amazing sister
    DragonsRevenge- sweet lil sister
    CuteStar- cute lil sis
    Trey X- awesome little bro
    The Lost Angel-cuz

+Rain the Pain+ xCalypsox is on a distinguished road xCalypsox's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2005 02:55 PM
    Threads

The saddest songs for me are "Girls Don't Cry","One Life" and Hybrid Rainbow..."

"...I can’t see the end of me

My whole expanse I cannot see
    I formulate infinity
    And store it deep inside of me..."
    -Nirvana-
    R.I.P--Kurdt Cobain...
    It is I...Rain

Familia:
    Spiral76- amazing sister
    DragonsRevenge- sweet lil sister
    CuteStar- cute lil sis
    Trey X- awesome little bro
    The Lost Angel-cuz

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The pillows are NOT Jpop. They are classified as Jrock. I hear no music that sounds like pop in their songs. Does anyone else?

Me and my sis are gonna bye a Pilloews album soon. Today actually. I can't wait. Me loves Yamanaka Sowao.^-^

I think my favorite songs are
    Funny Bunny
    crazy sunshine
    Blues drive monster
    Advice
    Stalker goes to Babylon
    Brand new love song
    Ride on shooting star
    and way more!
    Last edited by Faroelove; 03-31-2005 at 11:35 AM.

~Faroe~
    Lets be friends
    my friends:

Flame Demon
    Tao_Bason05
    heavenspheonix
    Glitch4.0
    JustAgirl
    Mink
    Sephiroth33
    Macus2
    -Naota-
    Varly
    Sevavii
    Nessa1

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Do you know what pop-rock music is? Have you ever heard of that? Of course you have, specially if you know who Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Avril Lavigne, etc are...

Member N.D. Wolfwood is on a distinguished road N.D. Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2007 01:35 PM
    Threads

Exclamation whoops :3

Quote Originally Posted by Myrra
    No need to have more than 1 thread dedicated to the Pillows. They are wonderful, but I don't like multiple threads on the same topic.
    My bad. *lol* I didn't even check to see if someone else had started a thread. But yeah, I'm a big fan of them, and have most of thier cd's.
    anybody got a smoke?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lightbulb

Thats punk rock. The Pillows are Pure Rock. Actually Jrock. But still the same thing.

~Faroe~
    Lets be friends
    my friends:

Flame Demon
    Tao_Bason05
    heavenspheonix
    Glitch4.0
    JustAgirl
    Mink
    Sephiroth33
    Macus2
    -Naota-
    Varly
    Sevavii
    Nessa1

Former Anbu Assassin Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yea there jus jrock nothin else there a really good band though. im joing to japan soon and may be ill get to meet them ^^ may be...><

"In the world of ninja, those who don't follow the rules are scum, that's true. But, those who abandon their friends are worse than scum."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, right, they're punk and I'm the easter bunny... Dressed as Elvis...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

uhh ok but the didnt make any sense

*and neither does this post.
    Last edited by Myrra; 04-02-2005 at 08:47 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, that didn't make sense *laughs* What were you thinking when you said that?

~Faroe~
    Lets be friends
    my friends:

Flame Demon
    Tao_Bason05
    heavenspheonix
    Glitch4.0
    JustAgirl
    Mink
    Sephiroth33
    Macus2
    -Naota-
    Varly
    Sevavii
    Nessa1

Senior Member Timothy will become famous soon enough Timothy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2005 10:15 PM
    Threads

Ive got to say that i have never heard of the pillows

LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING DONT MESS WITH ME!!!!
    Starting a faimly so if intrested pm k^_^.

FAIMLY
    Wolf goddess: Ayame chan
    Dad :Therebel
    sasura: mom
    sis : marie2007
    grannie: rezina
    cousin: ~DizzyElf~
    nee-san: Akuni
    kenny_killer: stepbros dads cousins sons step cousin

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DarK DeatH
    They're too pop.
    Pop...? Wha?

dude, I dunno what the hell you're talking about. o_O; Most of the songs I have by them are from the FLCL soundtrack, and they don't really sound too...poppy to me.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Closed Thread

Thread Information