AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What If Final Fantasy never existed?

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

The idea is "If it did'nt come into existance." That means there would be NO comparisons. =D

Happy day.. Oh Happy Day! Aside from that, the ATB feature was already in development to begin with. It would have shown up with or without FF, since final fantasy did not begin to RPG thing to begin with.

Then, it only sets the standard because there are enough mindless people to enjoy the same thing over and over so why bother to change? Except to please the smaller group of non-mindless drones who want games that have change in them..Which alot of game makers don't really bother to do.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

Yeah, Dragon Quest would have taken the spotlight if FF wasnt there, I say this because it was the most popular in Japan until FFVII came out and killed DQs fanbase.... or the most of it anyways...

And yeah, If there wasnt any FF then all the RPGs you'd know about right now wouldnt really be the same...

If you know, Final Fantasy was Squaresoft's last attept to save the company before they got bankrupt and FF saved thier butts... So if they lost it there (Or if they never existed at all) every would have been different...

So this isnt about if Final Fantasy didnt exist its about if, "Square" didnt exist.

Games like, Chrono Trigger and Xenogears wouldnt have even existed... and another ripple, if Xenogears never existed then the whole Xenosaga series wouldnt exist either....

And the world is in chaos.... dun dun dun.... XD

Digital Plague Tyr has a spectacular aura about Tyr has a spectacular aura about Tyr has a spectacular aura about Tyr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2006 08:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 19th
    Then, it only sets the standard because there are enough mindless people to enjoy the same thing over and over so why bother to change? Except to please the smaller group of non-mindless drones who want games that have change in them..Which alot of game makers don't really bother to do.
    How is that Square-Enix's fault? They've changed Final Fantasy many times, but all of the latest titles have been put down for being different. Everyone is too caught up in being FFVII fanboys/girls that they completely disregard any attempts made to improve the Final Fantasy series. FFX-2, a perfectly good game, was massacred by the public because it was different from the previous games.

The real issue here isn't that Square-Enix refuse to make their games any different, its that when they do, they're hated. That isn't their fault, it's the fault of the people who are stuck in the rut of thinking no Final Fantasy game will ever be better than FFVII, and will badmouth anything that differs slightly from the elements used in it.

More original games would be a great change, with less FFVII clones around, but the reason that doesn't happen is because of the public's way of thinking. Blaming the video-game companies isn't right, they're just trying to make a game that will sell well. The only thing that we can hope for if we wish to see more original RPG's being credited for the great games they are is that more people will realise that an RPG that is identical to an FF game doesn't automatically make it a great game.

Member mamiunggoy is on a distinguished road mamiunggoy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2005 01:34 AM
    Threads

if final fantasy never existed???waaaaaa!!~i won's dare think about it..it's a tragedy for me..huuhuhuhuh~

Senior Member SL!C3R will become famous soon enough SL!C3R's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2005 05:11 AM
    Threads

lol yeah but ya do have to realise with sum of you including me that there are other games and even though ff is an amazing game there are gonna be sum games coming out i know that will knock it off of the top spot

**~~Family~~**
    Big Sisters: Lady Dragon (My Main protector)
    MsAeris(The one and only(thx for the ava and sig!!))
    Big Bros : Kurai Ha (The Pwner)
    Storm Strife (The Hax0r)
    **~~ Me and my bros PWN to the end you mess with us you meet my sisters!!~~**

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

yea ff needs to move aside alittle for the upcoming games

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Senior Member kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2012 11:33 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: yuuiki90

i would kill myself if FF series was never made!!!

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

But then you wouldn't know it excisted, so you would have no reason to.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

Senior Member kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2012 11:33 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: yuuiki90

haha... guess ur right... i was juz kidding...
    if it was never made... i wouldn't even know bout it...

Vash The Stampede Vash_2007 is an unknown quantity at this point Vash_2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2005 02:19 AM
    Threads

that would suck i would cry i love FF i have all the games except for 9 cuz it blew and the earlier ones like 12345
    VASH THE STAMPEDE THE HUMANOID TYPHOON!!
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's FirstLaw of Equivalent Exchange

Fluffy Bunney Demon Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2005 04:28 PM
    Threads

AAHHH!!!I can't imagine!My most favorite game in the world is Final Fantasy 9

Senior Member raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2010 08:54 AM
    Threads

no ff the world would stop. if it wasn't for ff ,rpg wouldn't be how there are today.
    some of the greatest rpg wouldn't existed.
    art and anime is my life.

Member Gene_Starwind has a little shameless behaviour in the past Gene_Starwind's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2005 01:11 AM
    Threads

no finaly fantasy would suck soooo much and i dont know anything that would compare with it final fantasy is needed in game history imo O_O FF is the best ever =)
    Family
    Bro - Deshwitat

I wan't to be a space outlaw someday...

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Flameo can only hope to improve Flameo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2005 10:51 AM
    Threads

if it didnt exist i dont know what id do

Senior Member cat lord3 will become famous soon enough cat lord3 will become famous soon enough cat lord3's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2007 03:54 PM
    Threads

it would suck if Final Fantacy never existed. most of my friends would not have any fun.

Digital Plague Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2007 10:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShadowMancerX

If FF never existed, you would do nothing different, it would simply never exist, you would have no thoughts about it or anything...
    Family
    Grease monkey heavy metal uncle Therebel
    Uncannily strong brother, Death warrior
    Geekish other Brother D-man

Delegate of Darkness Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2007 11:11 AM
    Threads

if it never existed then nothing different would happen except people well be obbsesed with something else.

LED ZEPPELIN RULLLEEE Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2006 02:12 PM
    Threads

If final fantasy did not exist nither would i. I would be bum a mindless idiot lol because of ff8 i have something to love lol

Love is ever lasting... woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2009 12:33 PM
    The Darkest Corner of Hell......so don't come visit.
    Threads

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by SL!C3R
    I dont know if there has been a thread like this before in the past but i was just thinking What if Final Fantasy never actually existed and was never made which game would be classed as the pinultimate rpgs series then?, or even which rpg would be classed as 'second best' to Final Fantasy?
    I have thought of this and it may sound sad but to the people who love Final Fantasy- could you really imagine a world without Final Fantasy?
    Also which would you class as the next best game to Final Fantasy ?- would it be Star ocean? Diablo? Grandia?
    IF anyone thinks that there is a better rpg then feel free to post, i know people have different opinions, but id like to see which people would class as the best rpg if Final Fantasy never existed?
    first of all i'd be pizzed if final fantasy didn't exist but it does , second the next best game would be diablo the expasion set
    The world changed, whilst I slept soundly.

The Final Uchiha Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2013 09:40 PM
    Threads

who would even think of such a thing? without final fantasy i would be a very bored person, lol thank god for squaresoft/enix

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2006 09:04 AM
    Threads

I probably would have spend countless hours of my life in a better way than playing FF games left and right. I wouldn't have my favorite game, FF VII. I wouldn't like rpgs at all too much, outside of maybe Diablo or Phantasy Star. Playstation would have probably went down the crapper, and Nintendo wouldn't have been as strong as it is without it(Mario and Zelda fans say all you want, but you know I'm right) My life wouldn't have changed too dramastically, but without FFVII, I would be bummed.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

People who want to join so far:
    1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Member chamie23 is on a distinguished road chamie23's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-13-2005 09:51 PM
    Threads

If there's no Final Fantasy....RPG games won't exist and even me cann't be playing games now

FF makes me a gamer
    My Family
    hamhet:*BIG HUG* My best Sister
    My Small Family! :*huggs*
    BrittyBott: Dark Cousin
    ~Dizzy Elf~: Evil Lil Sister
    therbel: Crazy Cousin Twice Removed
    Vegito: me 1 yr older Brother
    Junior: me sis

more powers comes with more responsibilities

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

Senior Member SeijouOmni will become famous soon enough SeijouOmni's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:05 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr
    Final Fantasy may steal the spotlight from many other deserving games (good examples being Unlimited SaGa, Vagrant Story and the Shadow Hearts games), but it also sets the standards for other games to follow, meaning the RPG's which aren't as popular may not have been as good if it wasn't for Final Fantasy's competition.
    Okay folks...only two Final Fantasy games really set ANY standards...1 and 7. The rest just do the same crap over and over, with slight modifications, or steal aspects from OTHER games that most people don't notice until they see it in a Final Fantasy game. Some FF games try new things, but always end up being shot down by fans..like the system of strengthening your characters by things you actually do in battle, the more spells you cast, the better you are, the more hits you take, the tougher you become...as opposed to spending hours on top of hours fighting the same boring enemies to level in a battle system that got old half an hour into the game. Or like X-2...had a number of completely new battle aspects in it, but it was understandably hard to take notice of anything really good because the whole time you were playing you were being beaten to death with witless, perverted, bizarre, and downright pathetic fan service, and dealing with a convoluted and uninspired story. Though to be fair...that, to me, describes the story of most FF games.
    Well, I just don't want to be a part of something I don't approve of anymore, and haven't approved of in a long, long time.

Senior Member Galian Beast is infamous around these parts Galian Beast's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2005 06:29 AM
    Threads

If Final Fantasy didn't exist then there would be no point in me living.
    Death will come for those who welcome it

Ultimate Omega enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2008 04:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Galian Beast
    If Final Fantasy didn't exist then there would be no point in me living.
    Yeah, cos you have no life. Y do u spend all your time in 'videogames' you chav, and you only actually played FF10 once so your gay!

Closed Thread

Thread Information