AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur 3 slated to release in the US this year

Senior Member SeijouOmni will become famous soon enough SeijouOmni's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:05 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Soul Calibur 3 slated to release in the US this year

Thaaaaaaaaat's right. It's been announced, and I personally could be happier. Three new characters announced thus far...Setsuka, a brunette who fights with a Penguin-esque sword-hidden-in-a-parasol, Tira, who fights with that could either be called a giant chakram or a bladed Hula hoop, and Zasalamel, a big black guy with a scythe responsible for the ressurrection of the beloved Nightmare. The game also boasts a few new game modes, and to top it all off...A CHARACTER CREATION FEATURE.

Oh, and for all those who bought Soul Calibur II only for Link...you're outta luck. No asymmetric controller crap, as far as consoles go...this is Playstation 2 Exclusive. There's not even word on whether or not it will hit arcades. Online play is also something not yet discussed, but I'd love to see that...more so on Xbox Live than on PS2, but that won't be an option...w00t on exclusivity. Personally, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high...I'm sure this game will be delayed somewhere along the way and make me unhappy if I do.

Oh, and for those who want to follow this: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/s...iii/index.html
    Last edited by SeijouOmni; 03-25-2005 at 02:42 AM.
    Well, I just don't want to be a part of something I don't approve of anymore, and haven't approved of in a long, long time.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

This bit of news has made my day so far.. although it's morning -lol- Anywho big fan of SC games. I have to thank you for this info on the game. Looks very very promising to meas always but i would've liked it to be on the X-Box though, i just prefered the XBox's version better for the second game.

New characters weapons look very interesting also, wonder how they play. Something to now add to my 'To Get' list.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I also liked that Xbox version better than any other, but I one the PS 2 version in a tournament...and I'm not willing to spend $50 bucks on a minor personal preference. Still, the fact that the game is coming out this year in AMERICA...AND with the ability to create your own character, more than makes up for any problems I have with exclusivity.
    Well, I just don't want to be a part of something I don't approve of anymore, and haven't approved of in a long, long time.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

How's that gonna work though with creating your own character. As in with the weaponry, do you base the fighting style on another character but only create your own looks and appearance, name and etc? Well creating your own character is a very good idea, more personalisation but i that is something i beleive is more suited for the XBOX with it's hard drive. And i never paid brand new price for mine, first copy i got 2nd hand, ended up selling it then later on it was 1 third of the second hand price i paid and at brand new also >.<; damn them!!
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I dunno exactly how it will work. I can't imagine that the customization will be TOO deep or personalized, but it's better than nothing.

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

Yeessss! This is gonna rock! Ilove creating my own chars! Heee....

shadow masters Dark-Angel will become famous soon enough Dark-Angel will become famous soon enough Dark-Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2007 11:27 AM
    Threads

jipie now i can beat my brother again o yes he's going down

hihihihihih sorry

"the people and the friends we have lost never forget them"

Lord of Chaos Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2005 08:48 PM
    Threads

WHAT??? NOOOOOOOO!!!...........stupid exclusives.......

Note - I did not make this....i found it on the internet.....props to whoever did make it though....

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Isunamaru
    WHAT??? NOOOOOOOO!!!...........stupid exclusives.......
    I'm all for exclusivity this time around. While I'm usually against console exclusivity, Soul Blade is arguably the greatest 3-D fighting game series of all time. The addition of the out of place, off balanced characters for each console...and not to mention Necrid, really cheapened the whole experience. I love Link and Spawn (Heihachi is just...bleh) as much as the next guy, but let's face it, they didn't need to be there, and they didn't need to have all of the abilities and power they carried with them...especially Link with his throws that launched you 20 feet for a ring out victory...the cheapest way to win. Me and the best players amongst my friends actually go out of our way to back away from opponents on the edge to not ring them out, though I don't expect everyone to fight that way. The Gamecube version of Soul Calibur II sold more than any other version despite having the worst button layout for this...or any fighting game, simply because Link was in it. With this PS2 exclusive release, I won't have to suffer through hearing "The only reason you won is because it was on 'X' console and I usually play the 'Y' version." This is NEVER a valid excuse, folks, when talking about the difference between Xbox and PS2, and I can even adjust to Gamecube after a round or two, despite the tiny D-pad and asymmetric button layout that hinders you from doing many of the moves using only your thumb.
    Last edited by SeijouOmni; 03-26-2005 at 12:29 PM.

Ice Maiden Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2007 03:03 PM
    Threads

I most definately agree with the fact that Link was pretty much a cheap character in Soul Calibur 2. I must say that I was guilty in buying in buying that game just for him, but I was disappointed with his attacks and such. Anyway, I'm glad that they made it just for the PS2 rather than making it just for the XBox, considering the fact that I still have to get an XBox!

Anyway, I'm really anxious to see how they're going to do the whole character creation thing. I love making my own characters! ^_^

Guess whos back? The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2007 08:01 PM
    Threads

I dont have an X-box either so im glad they made it for ps2 and creating characters are so awesome
    *My Journal**Sig Credit to Athena*

Vash The Stampede Vash_2007 is an unknown quantity at this point Vash_2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2005 02:19 AM
    Threads

awsome.
    VASH THE STAMPEDE THE HUMANOID TYPHOON!!
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's FirstLaw of Equivalent Exchange

aka Cherry Blossoms! cblssms will become famous soon enough cblssms will become famous soon enough cblssms's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2005 01:40 PM
    Threads

Cool

Character Creation Feature?!?! Woohoo! I cannot believe this! They better make the feature good because I'm very picky with details. I just wonder how OLD they're making Heihachi... I mean come one... how white are they making his hair now? Or maybe he'll be bald. -_- BTW, Happy Birthday SeijouOmni! ^_^
    Sister : CKY_SinkIn2TheUnderground - [email protected]
    Brothers: meatwod3 - bladesilver1234 - lucifer666
    Loved Little Brothers: tao_bason05 - sephiroth33 -
    naota n. - cameron
    Aunt: Wolf_Charmer

The Seventh Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven is a splendid one to behold Prince Seven's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2007 01:39 AM
    Threads

i really liked soul calibur 2 can't wait for part 3 its going to be so cool

The Illusive Man Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 10:14 PM
    Threads

Some of the Characters got a face lift as well. It seems their old gear was to beat up to use in SC3. I especially like the Kilik production art photo.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by cblssms
    Character Creation Feature?!?! Woohoo! I cannot believe this! They better make the feature good because I'm very picky with details. I just wonder how OLD they're making Heihachi... I mean come one... how white are they making his hair now? Or maybe he'll be bald. -_- BTW, Happy Birthday SeijouOmni! ^_^
    Really really late thank you on that Happy Birthday. And Heiheachi's not going to be in it, according to the director. He said he wanted the extra characters in there to attract an audience, but now they're gone.

Junior Member lastlovesong_onthisplanet is on a distinguished road lastlovesong_onthisplanet's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2005 07:38 PM
    Threads

Default love song

the last love song on this little planet.. is she a weapon only for destruction??? or an angel of death... when she strikes its quick and painless... all those people who never had a chance we wont forget you... why her? so many questions,, but the best answers we find on our own.

Atrocious Lust Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2009 07:02 PM
    Threads

OMG I Can't wait till that game comes out, I'm so gonna like...love it to death.

If you're gonna give me rep, give me bad rep.
    Thanks.

ZG: I <3 'chu, idiot. Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2010 03:28 PM
    Threads

Cool! I'm going to get it when it comes out. I liked the first two, so this one should be awesome.
    -FMA18-
    New signature soon, hopefully. =3

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Creating your own charecter doesn't sound that great. You'll probably have the same combo's and whatnot of the main charecter who'se got the same weapon you chose. Only thing is you're gonna be changing the appearance.

Yea and I am ticked that it's only for PS2. I would have liked them to make it for Xbox to take advanage of the better hardware capeability, but I guess it makes sence since PS2 is still the most popular system. Just angry I guess that I have to go out and buy PS2 again so I can get it.

Of course even so why couldn't they make it for all 3 systems and just leave out system specific charecters if that was their intention in the first place?

The Final Uchiha Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2013 09:40 PM
    Threads

o yea would come out in damn america first why not england then you people would be moaning like you usally do 80% of americans are figgin arogant people who are selfish just think about others for a change

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

HEY!!! we're not arrogant!!

I'm just selfish and uncaring!!!

No, your face! samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 01:26 PM
    Threads

whoo character creation
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Soul Blade is arguably the greatest 3-D fighting game series of all time.
    Yes and i will put up one hell of an arguement on that idea.
    o yea would come out in damn america first why not england then you people would be moaning like you usally do 80% of americans are figgin arogant people who are selfish just think about others for a change
    Stop being a douche bag, the reason america gets stuff before england is because americans buy more games. If england bought more games then more games would come out there. Not rocket science.

What happened here? This has to be one of the down right most pathetic fighting game sequels this side of steet fighter 2 turbo. Namco really has let me down with soul calibur since the greatness of the fist game on dreamcast.

In my eyes soul calibur 2 was totally mediocre any one who was well rounded in fighting games could have told you that. The characters were totally unbalanced and the exclusive character to system idea was retarded. It might have been cool had they used good characters instead of and old man and spawn (great comic but not soul calibur material). Link was a good choice since he used a sword anyway. All of the new characters in 2 were lame beyond belief like raphiel and talim i think her name was. I think the exclusive character thing was just a ploy so no one realaized hwo hald assed all the other new characters were.

The new one looks worse for a few reasons. The first and foremost more lame new characters. All three of the new characters are totally horrible looking and the big balck guy should win an award for least original character since taki. Where did the awesome characters from soul calibur one go? Yes techniclly they are all still in the roster but they are by far the coolest ones. Asteroth and nightmare were great characters so is ivy and we can't forget lizard man. Were did all the creativity go? Not in to the story or game play i can tell you that.

Here are a few things i am going to use my plethora of gamming knowledge to deduce.
    -the game will come out on all three systems within a year of release on the ps2
    -the three new characters will suck just as bad as the old set of new ones
    -the game play wont change one iota
    -the graphics wont look much better
    -the create a character mode will be a total gimmick
    There you have it, and for the record soul blade was lousy too.

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    Stop being a douche bag, the reason america gets stuff before england is because americans buy more games. If england bought more games then more games would come out there. Not rocket science.
    Actualy I think the fact they have to re-code several parts so that it can be used in Europe (we use PAL I beleve, they need to recode the words for the different languages if it's a multi-language game, and if they decide to, add Europe only features like with MGS3) comes in to play. I might be wrong on some parts there, but I definatly know they have to swap the game over from NTSC to PAL. Other than that, he's probably just annoyed at America and Japan for getting the games first and hasn't got the damn patience to wait a little bit longer!

Right, on-topic mode. My friend's been mental about this for ages and I'm just sitting there saying "Cool" but thinking "So what?". I did like SC2, but not that much, I found Tekken more interesting. Also, custom character creation isn't really anything new, first time I saw it used was in WWF Smackdown for the PS. Now it just seems to be getting kinda boring. I do admit, there are some games in which character creation does make a difference (like the ability to make a great or rubbish custom character on Morrowind), but otherwise, I just find it boring.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Closed Thread

Thread Information