AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: why name change anime people?

Biscuit Lover ;3 Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2011 11:13 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default why name change anime people?

most all people know that almost all anime came from manga but my question is this-why the heck do they change some of the names of the anime careacters names?example..manta becomes mortimer, horro horro becomes trey, kororo becomes corey, and many more! they change pety things like zoro and zolo. you see it in yu gi oh shaman king one piece and many more!

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 10:16 AM
    Threads

Sometimes it's just because they want to make the names sound more Western...less Japanese. They think that the American kids will like the characters better if they can actually PRONOUNCE the names, I think.

And sometimes...I think they've just gone insane.

By the way, this really should be in General anime and manga, I think...not in Supernatural, since it's not really just about Supernatural...er...yeah.

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

Member 3EyezShadow is infamous around these parts 3EyezShadow is infamous around these parts 3EyezShadow is infamous around these parts 3EyezShadow is infamous around these parts 3EyezShadow is infamous around these parts 3EyezShadow is infamous around these parts 3EyezShadow is infamous around these parts 3EyezShadow is infamous around these parts 3EyezShadow is infamous around these parts 3EyezShadow is infamous around these parts 3EyezShadow is infamous around these parts 3EyezShadow's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2006 07:15 PM
    An ice cave in the near mountains of Seresu
    Threads

I agree. Some rumors in Fanfiction.net say that the American dubbers(thats wat they call the people who change the original version but they only change a little bit of it) just change the names and personalities cuz 1) just 4 the heck of it and 2) 2 make the people who support the original version mad. I just think they're just plain crazy

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

its so it sounds american.i guess they just wanna make it seem as if its an american cartoon....or just to make it easier on the kids watching it

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

I don't know, but it totally ruins the anime! Like in Burst Angel, the original Jappenese version had the robot named Jungle, but they keep saying Jango in English. What's up with that?

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Banned Forum / Chat teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bleach Kon Ice Cream Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2010 02:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ya? but that's in english version!! i dont know why they enjoy changing names and the opening songs! the orignal is way better! and i hate english version of one piece! they cut off parts!!

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2019 08:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ashminigun

*joins in frenzy...

hmmm... I agreed with 死 part, as to make it sounded more Westernize and lot easier for them to pronounce as some Japanese name is hard to pronounce. For example, in Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai - X (even they change the title), the American dubbers pronounced Yoshi instead of Yahiko and Kori instead of Kaoru and so on.... and don't let me start with Pokemon.... they totally reconfigured the anime become a series nearly similar to the original Pocket Monsters....bzzzz

'nough said...

Senior Member Touzokuoh will become famous soon enough Touzokuoh's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2006 04:00 AM
    Threads

I dunno why! It's awefull, like in YGO GX they changed Jun Manjyome into Chazz Princeton! What kind of name is that?! Or Hayato Maeda in Chumley Huffington! How do they think of that b*ll?!
    Once You've Fallen Into Hell, Show Me How You Climb Back Out. If You Can

Manjyome Jun VS. Gokaido Houzan

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Big Sister: Dark-Angel
    Shaman Elite Bro: Trey Racer
    Shaman bro: tao_bason05
    Yu-Gi-Oh niece: ChangeOfHeart
    Distant Uncle: Therebel
    Cousin: Kyoto00
    Shaman Sister : Teh Donny Koro
    Half Brother : bms

Closed Thread

Thread Information