AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Escaflowne

Senior Member .com person is an unknown quantity at this point .com person's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2004 02:05 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

It was dubbed for the fozbox but it turned out a horrible dub though I've never seen it before?

So can anybody tell me anything about Escaflowne?

Goodness... why didn't you understand... what will I do... will my heart break... or will I have somebody to "love"... ~ Can't I just cry know and stop that awful voice in my head... Don't
    Drink and DRIVE= AFADD MEMBER

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2005 03:12 PM
    Threads

Escaflowne is one of my personal favorite anime of all time. Even check out my sig. Thats from Escaflowne the movie. Its a great fantasy/romance and its definately worth the money.

Digital Plague cowboydemon666 is a jewel in the rough cowboydemon666 is a jewel in the rough cowboydemon666 is a jewel in the rough cowboydemon666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2006 09:59 AM
    Next door to the small mining town known as "Wilmette" (heh)
    Threads

I saw a trailer for Escaflowne and it looked really good but i never got a chance to see it. Is it really good?

>Family is in mah Journal<
    ~PROUD MEMBER OF THE BISHIES HUNTERS CLAN~
    ^
    *OWNER OF DAISUKE NIWA*

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh yeah its really good. Really good. The unique art styles in the series AND movie will have you drooling.

Senior Member Teny will become famous soon enough Teny's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2004 12:38 PM
    Threads

Hey i haveb&#39;t seen the movie
    but i have seen up to where Hitomi gets home
    and she sees vna voer at the beach
    are there epiosdes after that?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nope, thats the end of the tv series. Watch the movie, trust me.

Senior Member .com person is an unknown quantity at this point .com person's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

* adds escaflowne to wish list*

Goodness... why didn't you understand... what will I do... will my heart break... or will I have somebody to "love"... ~ Can't I just cry know and stop that awful voice in my head... Don't

Senior Member Teny will become famous soon enough Teny's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2004 12:38 PM
    Threads

so the movie happens after the serie&#39;s?
    amazing

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I&#39;ve heard it is a remake of the Television series.
    Sounds kinda of bad idea but maybe I&#39;m wrong.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The movie isn&#39;t bad at all, and it dosent take place after the series. Its sort of like an alternate look on the series. The movie and series have the same story but told and drawn way differently. Theyre both really good, I cant decide which one I like better.
    I wouldnt call the movie a remake, just a different persons view on the same story. Maybe like another director. (Kind of like how the evangelion tv series was told from Hideaki Anno(director), and the manga was told by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto(artist), they were the same story but told by different people). You&#39;ll like them both, trust me.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok then ^^

Member homeless_with_no_PC is an unknown quantity at this point homeless_with_no_PC's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2004 01:50 PM
    Threads

You really wanna know what's the big deal with Escaflowne? Well, let me tell you: those DISTURBINGLY ugly noses! they are just so BIG and UGLY that I could never watch the show because my eyes HURT so much that I just wanted to pick my eyeballs with a knife. I have NEVER in my whole life seen such a thing.
    yeah.
    Last edited by Die Tod von Euch; 11-12-2004 at 07:01 PM. Reason: cursing and implied cursing

Pity is underrated. I like pity.

I'm speechless. I have no speech.

I drive women to lesbianism. Kramer brings them back.

George Costanza, the XX century role model.

THE WING MAN wing 7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past wing 7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2006 10:49 PM
    Threads

awesome show great movie

Silent Shout retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2013 05:51 PM
    Threads

Try not too compare the movie with the TV series, since they take a different angle on the outcome for each. True they use the same characters but they have different interactions between the characters. The movie was all too quick, the TV series was superb.

DISTURBINGLY ugly noses! they are just so BIG and UGLY
    It was all that bad.
    Last edited by Die Tod von Euch; 11-12-2004 at 07:02 PM. Reason: just removed the implied cursing in the quote
    you call it alcoholism, i call it having a good time

Digital Plague Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 03:47 PM
    Threads

I remember seeing it on YtV or Foxbox, and when i saw the first episodes the music was excellent, and the way they blended cgi and animation, was nice. i autually can't decide who my favorite characters are. i never watched the movie.

Forever angel floating on a cloud

Sweetie <3 Dysis has a reputation beyond repute Dysis has a reputation beyond repute Dysis has a reputation beyond repute Dysis has a reputation beyond repute Dysis has a reputation beyond repute Dysis has a reputation beyond repute Dysis has a reputation beyond repute Dysis has a reputation beyond repute Dysis has a reputation beyond repute Dysis has a reputation beyond repute Dysis has a reputation beyond repute Dysis's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2014 04:38 PM
    Threads

I already see the movie and series of vision of esclaflowne I like it

Siggy that i made

My Facebook Pages Please Support them
    Ceres Angels Anime & Manga Club
    Anime Lovers
    Anime Wonderland
    My Admin Page Eiri Yukina

Digital Plague Dark_Misery will become famous soon enough Dark_Misery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2005 09:54 PM
    Threads

The movie was weird though...they changed the names...It was so confusing at first...

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 08:44 PM
    Threads

what the hell is this thread doing in the romance section!?

anyway escaflowne is amazing, it is also one of my favs, the guymelath transformation sequences are superb, you can tell that the mech designers put a lot of time and effort into making them, story - it too is amazing, i cant fault anything of significance except the noses, yes the noses, there long, too long! animation is great too xD.

and the movie, another amazing master piece and with the voice talent of maaya sakamoto, yes the fomous j-pop singer (maaya' songs are great xD), not only backed by a j-idol but the battle sequence between escaflowne and the other guymelath piloted by dilandou is also a specticle to look at, the sparks form the to swords clashing. And last thing the opening of the movie, as Vaan slaughters all those people, very cool!!!

watch it, i command you too, if you havnt already that is!
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2004 12:08 PM
    Threads

I myself did not mind the noses,the only thing i did not like about the series is that through the hole story vaungh doesnt even get a kiss not even in the ending,grrrrrrrrrr
    ...that pissed me off so much.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 08:44 PM
    Threads

Well it was different, but then again different is good, not following the others an becoming part of the flock of sheep, it was pretty origianal and also gave i a more emotional ending as Vaan parted with the one who he loved and he only realized his feeling near the end, which made you feel for him in some way.

But the noses, sometimes i would stare at them, they were distracting a bit, but i notice these things more since i am an artist ^^
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Junior Member niobie is on a distinguished road niobie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2004 06:26 PM
    Threads

I've watched both the series and the movie n i've loved them. I've heard so many people saying that didn't like escaflowne movie but i don't understand why, well maybe because it's an alternate story and not a sequence of the TV series or maybe because the design is completly different or because of the different personaly of the characters well i don't know. As for me I loved the movie the story, the music everything even more than the TV series.

Senior Member rena585 is an unknown quantity at this point rena585's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2004 09:12 PM
    Threads

ello
    i like escaflone but .hack is cooler
    its about a girl that gets taken to a new world and meets a swordsmen van
    Last edited by Die Tod von Euch; 11-12-2004 at 07:04 PM. Reason: combing posts so she doesn't have a triple-post for no reason

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 11:16 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Death
    what the hell is this thread doing in the romance section!?
    It's one of those animes that are kind of hazy as to which catagory to put them in. There are enough romance elements in it to classify it as a romance anime/manga. It is, after all, rather shoujo-y in the series, for the most part. The movie is more shounen in style and far less romance-related.

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 04:42 PM
    Highland, CA (since nobody knows where that is)
    Threads

Shouldn't this topic actually be in the Mecha/Apocalyptic section? I love this series, and want to see all of it soon.

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 11:16 AM
    Threads

*points to the post she made right above GundamRulz's post* ...I think I just explained that. Also, they aren't really even mecha, are they? They're bio-mechanical, if I recall... Then again, people call Evas mecha, and they aren't...so..meh.

Anyway, your question was already answered. This is an iffy anime as far as catagorizing it. It's got a LOT of romance elements in the series, so fits here. The movie, however, would not fit here nearly as well.

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information