AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Oceanic Dream

Member Wandering_Youth is an unknown quantity at this point Wandering_Youth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2005 04:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Oceanic Dream

Well, it's almost Spring Break and I bet a lot of you are eager for it. I made half of this wallpaper while in my multimedia class two days ago because my teacher was putting me to sleep with his slideshow lectures, zzzzZzzZ . It's my first ocean type wallpaper and I think it turned out quite nicely. It took me around 3 days to finish it because all my other courses were taking up my time. Feedback is welcome so enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Oceanic_Dream.jpg‎
Views:	122
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	2546  
    Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 03-18-2005 at 04:28 PM.

Senior Member escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2009 07:58 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

What a great idea to use the feather brush to make birds out it.^^ I like that.

It looks great except for the waves or whitecaps?...it's out of place because the water that is coming in on an angle is right but the other whitecaps you added in on top of the water should be on the same angle..but to make it look like it's part of the water..some shadow to get it more depth and perspective will help I think.

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

It's a nice concept, but, in my opinion, the background looks fake, and frankly, you should try to disguise that lense flare a bit =p

Member Wandering_Youth is an unknown quantity at this point Wandering_Youth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2005 04:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Mind elaborating on what you meant on the background looking fake? Fake as in some elements don't fit in the picture or what?
    Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 04-01-2005 at 05:00 AM.

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

Example: the waves just look like some white streaks with distortion... They don't look like waves. The sun reflection is clearly a lens flare - that's not a good thing. That "lime" on the mountains makes them look fake. The water needs more "flow", right now it's just a 0° motion blur that is obvious enough for me to identify. The sky doesn't use the same kind of art that the rest of the wallpaper uses. There are too many birds, and flying on a disordered formation - birds tend to be organised in the shape of an arrowtip for example.
    I like the farthest mountains though, they look like mountains.

Serie~Blue Eternity EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2009 09:31 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I like the concept, but yea, the water looks really weird, especially with the angle of the waves being different from the ripple angle and it could use a little more depth. A little more shadow and changing the direction of the waves/ripples would help that out. I like the mountains in the back. I'm not sure about the lens flare, it's really obvious it's a flare, but somehow it doesn't seem too bad to me in this one. Maybe erase the reddish/orange/yellow circles that come from the flare, but other than that it doesn't seem too bad. Oh and from what I've seen, for the copyright credit its Naru Nanao not Naru Nanoa.

Closed Thread

Thread Information