AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: This Versus That?

~The Treasured one~ Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2006 11:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default This Versus That?

I am completely in love with fighting games, but now it comes to a point in my life when i wanna know which fighting game can beat a more similar fighting game, such as Capcom vs SNK. What about Tekken vs Dead or Alive? i wanna know from your point of view which side will win.
    Just post down any two games that best features each other and make some kind of Prediction of which side has the adventage. and it doesn't really has to be just fighting games, it can also link to Rpg versus or action gamings. your choose.
    i just gotta figure out who will win between Tekken and Dead or Alive...or maybe even Virtual Fighting ...i'm not sure which is better so decide for me Please!!!
    Last edited by Aisuru; 03-16-2005 at 03:27 PM.
    *Family list in journal*
    ~Aisuru~

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 08:44 PM
    Threads

Well Dead or Alive would be my first choice but i don't really know what to match up with it, Soul Caliber II i think. Now this is a very hard choice for me as i love both these games. I liked games that are fast paced, as in really fast and both meet that. They both have a nice variety of moves aswell. DOA has interactive enviroments which does set it appart from the others and has thee best counter system in any game of this genre. SCII does have a counter system but it's not as good as compared to DOA. SCII's system only deflects the attack whilst in DOA you turn the attack back at them causing damage. DOA is one of those games where you can't win by button bashing any experienced player as they will counter your moves and kill you without barely making any attacks. SCII is one of the few games the is a weapon based beat'em'up, which is something that makes it unique also. The enviroments are different in the way that there is a ring out which provides you with another way to win. SC also has weapon master which is a long story mode where you quest with the selected character and unlock various things from the game such as buying new weapons and galleries also unlocking characters and stages. So SC has the best story lines for beat'em'up. In the end i would say they are very good evenly matched gams but i would chose DOA. For the reason that DOA is one of my fav games.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

~The Treasured one~ Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yah think so? Yes i do like Doa, it's an ok game, but it all seems the same to me when it comes to the game playing so i can get bored very easy.
    you point out some meaningful gesture there i admit, Doa is basically known for all it's countering moves and yes they're very good at paced on movements, but thats the only problem why i sorta don't enjoy playing Doa. you can counter at any time and that goes for every character, but tekken, i like it because only a small amount of characters has countering moves. Althought their not as pace-ty they can pac a punch and when i mean in punch i mean some serious BOWS! if only DOA had some ppl's with counters, the both can compete, but tekken to me has better adventages. ^_^
    i've heard a very ppl saying the Tekken and Soul Calibur can have some beffs with each other. My reasons for knowing, the slightest ideas....
    Ok i wanna match something else now as to who versus who. Now i like the whole Resident Evil series and that goes for Silent Hill. now between these two gunslinging, zumble rurming, horror games which of the two has the most deadliest monster and the strongest single character?
    *Family list in journal*
    ~Aisuru~

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

First off i'd like to say this, I do like your posts, your post's have meaning and are backed by good reasoning as to why you have an opinion for that certain topic, as i have read a number of your previous posts. And i hope that you will be around for awhile and keep active round here. I applaud you **bows**

As for those two games, there was a thread on that but i'll answer again ^^;

Resident Evil would win, for the huge amount of of popularity that game has compared to Silent Hill. Resident Evil is more of a fun game when comparing with Silent Hill titles, and has good playability, although i do think that the gameplay should be improved (bare in mind i have never played RE4 so this is all formed on the RE games i have played and the previous titles). And perosnally i do prefer RE more to that of SH. I just like the story, characters, puzzles and basically it all, the AI isn't too good though. SH is, well, i just don't like it. The items blend in to the enviroment so well which is a good thing and a bad thing, at least you dont see sparkling objects which gives it a sense of realism. The weaponry you have access to also gives it more realism also as there just things that any ordinary man, or woman, in that situation would have use.

So Resident Evil i say for the interesting story lines and playabity. SH for realism and atmosphere.

Is it where a battle between the Zombies then RE would win, after all they have the Nemesis and such other big beasties!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wow, thanx Again for you thoughtful comment, it means alot ^_^
    So it is official who's the clear winner here, i'll have to agree with yah on alotta things you have pointed out. Residents evil has all it's better features simple by it's meaingful storyline which always seems to amaze ever series. And Yes, RE's monsters will surly dominate over Silent Hill's, but than again i just find them abit scarier. I like SH for all it's good graphics and realistic affects envolving the Environment, which is made to neatly.
    Residents Evil is what i would have choosen anyways because of they'er storytelling and unforgetable monsters. i just wanted a good explanation and same helpful anwser to prove which is the better half, and thankfully you have all the right answers, so thanx triple to that!
    I now want to point out something else about that greatest RPG there is, which will have to be Final Fantasty. sure theres tons of Role playing games thats starting to burst out every where, but i wouldn't think that the FF series could possible compete with anyother RP games, there just way to good, but i do have this grudge about the game "Breath of fire" that i so love! tell me, does this game has so slight competition with FF? is there any other RPG that can possible win over them?

~Aisuru~
    *Family list in journal*
    ~Aisuru~

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm really glad that you mentioned that there are several other RPG titles out there other than the commonly known Final Fantasy series, most people probally didn't even know what RPG stood for till Final Fantasy VII hit the PlayStation! Hmm now to answer your question... FF is constantly rivaled by newer RPG's made but FF is by far thee most popular, because it's one of the most well known. When you people say 'RPG' the first thing that you thing of is either the meaning of the initials or Final Fantasy, now come on, that is true. Breath of Fire was a favourite of mine also, out of the BoF games the 4th was my all time favourite. Breath Of Fire brought something new (to my knowlege, if there was a previous game that had this please tell) to RPG's, that is how each character had a special ability that they could use to help them, such as Nina who could fly up in the sky and give you a better view of the surroundings, Bow - who was the hunter in some of the games, Ryu would just have a slash as i recall and various others. It's always a good sign when there is a new original feature as originality is the key to a good game.

But what does annoy me is that so many people neglect the other RPG's out there, people never realise - and this goes for most things - the roots of things, the origins, they don't respect where things came from. There are so many other great RPG's on the market, one of my favourites was Shadow Hearts, i loved that game. What sets the games appart is what original features it has and also the story of course, wouldn't be a RPG without an amazing plot would it! Not to mention that the 'west' has only seen a tiny fraction of RPG's, considering that RPG isn't a hugly popular genre in this side of the globe (more about FPS, and GTA type games). The west is literally being starved of RPG's, they have to get Tales of Destiny 1 and 2 over here!

Now you asked can FF be rivaled, the answer is yes, can it be beat.... the answer is not for a long time. FF will hold the crown for the RPG genre for years to come, but people mustn't forget the other great games out there. Now if you're talking about the MMOrpg genre than that's a different story, FF quite frankly sucks in that department, ain't got nothing on Lineage II.
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 03-23-2005 at 11:42 PM.

Junior Member DementorMacBeth is on a distinguished road DementorMacBeth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2005 08:50 PM
    Threads

Default DOA vs Tekken vs SCII

I am a fighting game aficionado. I feel that DOA is a very diffrent type of fighting game compared to Tekken and SCII.

I say this becuase DOA is not as fast paced as Tekken or DOA. It is very momentum based but not fast. By momentum based I mean that when you start a combo and successfully connect one is able to continue dealing damage with another combo immediatly after you finished the previous,you get a total of hits in one combo(twelve with christie), unless you counter and then you do instant damage. Countering doesn't always mean that you gain the momentum, by countering you made the fight grind to a halt.

Tekken on the other hand is very fast paced, one minute your getting the beating of your life and the next your the doing the butt whooping. The momentum is switched contantly. Its is almost impossible to tell who is going to get the next hit or combo in becuase its is incredibly easy to evade becuase of the 8-way movement the game incorporates, and also becuase of the immense speed at which the fight takes place. Fights in Tekken can last a little as 8 seconds if not less. A well placed power hit and then a running tackle and its over.

Then there is SCII, this game is very diffrent than the other two for a couple of reasons. First there is the use of weapons, second ring outs, and third the guard impacts. Ring outs offer another method of winning, but i really want to focus on guard impacts. Guard impacting is an essential part of this game. If you can't guard impact reliably there is no chance of you being successful. Once a GI (guard impact) burst session starts in a fight players might attack and parry 10 times before getting a hit in, and unlike DOA there are only two level of countering, high and low. DOA has three; high, middle and low, so it makes it a bit easier to GI.
    But i can't choose which one is better than the other its is almost impossible. I am very partial to Tekken. Its a classic, but then SCII inspires to me play becuase its so unpredictable. Then DOA is just a brutal game, with its awesome graphics, very detailed enviroments and brutal movelist.

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It is good to see a post like that also, now i like this guy already ^^;

But do you know how long it takes in Tekken for them to actually finish a combo, takes hours just for a 4 hit combo. And you call that fast, i can finish a round in the time it takes to do a 10 hit on Tekken. You mentioned the 8 was movment, but Tekken wasn't the first game to impliment that feature succesfuly and still is not all too good. The other 2 games handle that better, much better i might add.

Now the GI was a fun thing, i would spend hours practicing it, having my computer AI programed to make high and low attack, so i could string a chain of GI's in a row. That is the let down of Tekken, appart from how SLOW it is, there is no counter-system, there is something that is trying to mimic one but it's doing a very job. Tekken is said to be the self procalaimed 'king of fighers' but it's time has come... a few years ago, make way for the others and stop pro-longing itself.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Death
    It is good to see a post like that also, now i like this guy already ^^;

But do you know how long it takes in Tekken for them to actually finish a combo, takes hours just for a 4 hit combo. And you call that fast, i can finish a round in the time it takes to do a 10 hit on Tekken. You mentioned the 8 was movment, but Tekken wasn't the first game to impliment that feature succesfuly and still is not all too good. The other 2 games handle that better, much better i might add.
    Excuse me? you're making it seems as if Tekken is quite complicated, and for that i'll have to disagree with you. i'd rather keep the combos continuously and fast instead of continuous counter attacks. better yet it's best to connect with single 2 or 4 hit combos, it's really fun coming up with your own fair combos. But as for the 10 hits, it shouldn't be any problem at all learning them. thats the same as performing connect grappling moves only done by few characters. it's just knowing what bottoms to push at a certain time(something that i'm just about use to now). other games doesn't have the right techniques nor the official moves as tekken has, and as far as i know, tekken is far more advance and different from all the rest.
    i'm support'n it all the way!

no lie, i love paced game playing, but on the other hand i hate playing fighting games that takes all day just to finsh a combo and to finally hit the ground...after five minutes...i'm kinda into does fast type of games. quick to throw out a fast punch and to "quick roll" away just to avoid being kicked around.
    i just bought the new "King of Fighters: Maximum Impact" and might i say that although that graphics are nice and the characters are top notch....i just hate how the handling is in game playing. Now this game is all about continuous high, medium, and low combos, connecting most with specials moves and so on. at first it was ok(well playing it on easy for a few arounds)but all they're techniques is no joke and cheating!!! it sometimes makes me very mad at some points, and as for the boss..."nuff said".

~Aisuru~
    *Family list in journal*
    ~Aisuru~

The Key to Paradise Kiba' is infamous around these parts Kiba' is infamous around these parts Kiba''s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2005 10:17 AM
    I can't remember....... ZzZzZzZZzzzzzzZZZ
    Threads

I have always liked Tekken. I mean even the first one had pretty good graphics and charectors. Along withthe story line. I mean come one what more can you ask for great combos, great chars, awesome storyline, and that really really kewl guy with the red gloves and the baals lokin like a pool table triangle thingy. It's my fav fighting game. And now they come out with Tekken 5!! If you have seen the commercial the graphics look insane. Along with the looks of the chars i mean i know that the storyline and way of playing the game is iimportant but if a game looks crappy no one will play it. I never like Soul Calliber i thought it was dstupid no offense to those who like it. The only part i like was Link cuz i love Zelda. But yeah and DOA never played it but heard it was ok and i mean juyst OK. From what friends tell me it wa a game you play ill you beat it then trade it in for money lol. But yeah go buy Tekken5 i am gonna same day it comes out. I know you wont be dissapointed. And ask your friends if they havbe the old one and play them 2. You wont stop till you beat um.

You are SASUKE!
    Even if I must eat the Devil's Fruit, I am on a path where i must gain power!
    Family:

I don't need anyone...

Closed Thread

Thread Information