AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Signature Sizes

Mr. 4th of July's Lady Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 09:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Signature Sizes

I have a complaint about the sizes of signatures on this forum. Some of them are just too big and it gets really annoying to have to endlessly scroll down a page past all the huge signatures just to read the posts. It is also annoying to go into a thread and have to wait for all the signatures to be loaded and watch the thread move up and down on it's own till it settles and you can actually start to post or read the posts in it. I'm sure that it's annoying and frustrating to people who are on slower connections to have to wait for all those signatures to show up as well.

I know people work hard on their signatures and want to show them off but when it is so big that you can't see the whole thing, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of showing it off.

I would like to request that a rule be made about this. That a signature can only be so big, at least, pixel wise.

Senior Member Water Angel has a little shameless behaviour in the past Water Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2005 10:20 AM
    Threads

Cool

I don't like it either ..... any way if u wonna talk some time just pm me
    Deep In my soul ... the loves so strong, it takes control. Now we both know ... the secrets there, the feeling shows. Dreams that fall apart ... I make a wish on a shouting star. There will come a day ... some were far away. In you'r arms all stay my only love. My only ....... love.

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

We are aware of that, and feel free to let us know of any that are massively too big. The Mods do work hard to report any that are and we do work to remove them.
    Thank you for your comments, I'm sure it'll be something the site team will be discussing... <3
    And yes, I agree with you in the sense that some are just TOO big.

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Mr. 4th of July's Lady Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPSerenity
    We are aware of that, and feel free to let us know of any that are massively too big. The Mods do work hard to report any that are and we do work to remove them.
    Thank you for your comments, I'm sure it'll be something the site team will be discussing... <3
    And yes, I agree with you in the sense that some are just TOO big.
    Thank you for replying. ^_^

Just so I know, and don't flood a mods inbox with unnecessary PMs, at what size should I report a signature being too big?

Ich liebe dich ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____'s Avatar
    Gil
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 05:47 PM
    Threads

Wasn't the size back at the old AGDotNet 500 pixels in width x 200 pixels in height? That worked out pretty well in my opinion.

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

550px in width and 200px in height was AGNet's guidelines... but we should check with Acey and/or before we make any decision on that...

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Junior Member xXxAngelusxXx has a little shameless behaviour in the past xXxAngelusxXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2005 04:09 AM
    Threads

i was always used to 500 x 150 in the TOS forum.

I think it is a good idea to have signature limits

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Yeah, ag.net limit was 550px X 200px ... I remember PMing users all over and over the forums cuz of their big sigs <_< ah, the times, but it worked ^_^

Although, here we have the scrols in the sigs (if they are too big), but still, they are annoying <_< If there's possible, there should be also a sig size (in kB) limit, so, that someones wouldn't be able to link to images bigger than (lets say) 500kB.

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

I'd say they should enforce strict 75x400 max rules.

That'd be nifty.

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Junior Member xXxAngelusxXx has a little shameless behaviour in the past xXxAngelusxXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2005 04:09 AM
    Threads

i think that is a bit too little

i think there should be just enougn room for a render and some text

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizzard
    Yeah, ag.net limit was 550px X 200px ... I remember PMing users all over and over the forums cuz of their big sigs <_< ah, the times, but it worked ^_^

Although, here we have the scrols in the sigs (if they are too big), but still, they are annoying <_< If there's possible, there should be also a sig size (in kB) limit, so, that someones wouldn't be able to link to images bigger than (lets say) 500kB.
    That would be perfect. ^_^ I think that is another reason why sometimes a page takes forever to load completely is because of the KB size as well.

Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

A lot of it has to do with the animated gifs and sizes of signatures
    If Ace or Minako are one and able to talk I'll ask them about it because I think 550px x 200px is a reasonable size limit and the size as in kb I'm not sure what would be reasonable...but if there are suggestions love to hear them...

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A lot of it has to do with the animated gifs and sizes of signatures
    If Ace or Minako are one and able to talk I'll ask them about it because I think 550px x 200px is a reasonable size limit and the size as in kb I'm not sure what would be reasonable...but if there are suggestions love to hear them...
    I think 500 KB is more then fair. Gaia online has it set up to be 500 X 500 pixels and only 100 KB. So I think that 500 KB is more then generous for the KB size limit.

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

Would those sizes be picture only, or including the text?
    RPG bios (click for more info):

Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Generally picture and about three lines of text.

adding text it really shouldn't go past 300px in height... it's really annoying to have those scroll bars on the sig images. <3

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Okay, well aware I'm double posting but I need to say a quick few words <3

Okay first of all, the sig sizes won't be limited by size. I talked with Minako and she said and I do agree that there are scroll bars. There will be a judgment call made on SOME sigs though. If it's wallpaper size we will ask you to remove it likely.
    As to file size and talking about animated Gifs she's going to talk to Acey about it and we'll see what comes from that.
    Thanks guys for waiting for an answer. <3

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That was one of my original complaints though. That you have to endlessly scroll in a thread full of big signatures just so you can get to the bottom of the page so you can post. I feel like I am running in place when that happens and it's annoying.

I would like for the issue to be looked at again.

Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The scroll bars on the signatures as well though, so you do Not need to scroll there. Scrolling on the outside unless your mouse is over the signature should make it so you don't have to scroll through the signatures.

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The scroll bars on the signatures as well though, so you do Not need to scroll there. Scrolling on the outside unless your mouse is over the signature should make it so you don't have to scroll through the signatures.
    Maybe my computer is just weird, and that assumption wouldn't be too far fetched, but it seems like I have to endlessly scroll even if my cursor is at the side...

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As long as it's no bigger than a full window on a 800x600 resolution it's okay. That's always been AG's rules.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Junior Member DeadlyWarrior is an unknown quantity at this point DeadlyWarrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-19-2005 10:58 AM
    Threads

it should be atleast 500 by 200 pixels

Junior Member burning is on a distinguished road burning's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2005 06:43 PM
    Threads

I am used to sigs the size of mine right now! so you can imagine how huge some of these seem...

Almost Infamous[♥] DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2011 12:52 PM
    Threads

Well now that im thinking about it. I agree on the fact that there is just a thing called TOO BIG and im glad that i learned that early cause i remember my first sig was wallpaper size.

[ True*Poet ]

Closed Thread

Thread Information