AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why people are getting stupider.

The Dragon Jd Blade has a spectacular aura about Jd Blade has a spectacular aura about Jd Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2007 09:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Why people are getting stupider.

In my opinion, stupidity is hereditary. This theroy makes sence because, back in the days before modern tecnology, stupid people did not live long enough, usually, to have children. So now, in the age of modern science, the world is slowly getting stupider.
    What is your opinion on the subject?
    Last edited by Jd Blade; 03-08-2005 at 07:56 PM.
    Don't mock the short guy... or else...hehehe...

Some Old Cliché g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2006 01:56 PM
    Threads

This reminds me of a song. A very good song, not one of my favs, but a good song nonetheless.

The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

it's not the right time to be sober
    now the idiots have taken over
    spreading like a social cancer, is there an answer?

Mensa membership exceeding
    tell me why and how are all the stupid people breeding
    Watson, it's really elementary
    the industrial revolution
    has flipped the b!tch on evolution
    the benevolent and wise are being thwarted, ostracized, what a bummer
    the world keeps getting dumber
    insensitivity is standard and faith is being fancied over reason

darwin's rollin over in his coffin
    the fittest are surviving much less often
    now everything seems to be reversing, and it's worsening
    someone flopped a steamer in the gene pool
    now angry mob mentality's no longer the exception, it's the rule
    and im startin to feel a lot like charlton heston
    stranded on a primate planet
    apes and orangutans that ran it to the ground
    with generals and the armies that obeyed them
    followers following fables
    philosophies that enable them to rule without regard

there's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated
    political scientists get the same one vote as some Arkansas inbred
    majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
    sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions

what are we left with?
    a nation of god-fearing pregnant nationalists
    who feel it's their duty to populate the homeland
    pass on traditions
    how to get ahead religions
    And prosperity via simpleton culture

the idiots are takin over
    (8 times)

Aifa bistowed rice upon me... has he bestowed it upon you?

The Dragon Jd Blade has a spectacular aura about Jd Blade has a spectacular aura about Jd Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lol!!! Never herd that song, but sounds true enough. Nice!

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Hmph, it all depends on what you classify as "stupid". This is what stumps me, is something ever completely stupid? You are your own person, so you harness your own opinions, including what you classify as normal. But what you think is normal may be stupid in the eyes of another person. So I don't know if you can really say that everyone is getting dumber, because not everyone is the same.

That's my 2 cents.... ^_^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna Kadiri
    Hmph, it all depends on what you classify as "stupid". This is what stumps me, is something ever completely stupid? You are your own person, so you harness your own opinions, including what you classify as normal. But what you think is normal may be stupid in the eyes of another person. So I don't know if you can really say that everyone is getting dumber, because not everyone is the same.

That's my 2 cents.... ^_^
    I am not saying everyone is getting dumber, mearly that the human race in general is getting dumber, I see your point though. What I mean by "stupid" is the lack of reasonable thinking, or, in other words, the lack of common sence. For example, drunk driving. People are warned, shown what could happen, and know that they could be in prison for it, but, even after all that, people still do it. Am I wrong?

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2023 06:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I believe that as we become more technology advanced, we actually become more arrogant. And with more arrogance comes stupidity. Plus as a species, we care less and less about morals. We trade our morals for advancement, which is foolishness.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Another good point of view. Keep em coming!

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by therebel
    I believe that as we become more technology advanced, we actually become more arrogant. And with more arrogance comes stupidity. Plus as a species, we care less and less about morals. We trade our morals for advancement, which is foolishness.
    Nicely said. ^.^ But as we become more technologicaly advanced, we need to become more educated to understand how these new found inventions work. Although with all the things coming out to make life somewhat easier, it will encourage people to slack off....

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It is not only of tecnology, but also are Ideals that can make us ignorent as well.
    Last edited by Jd Blade; 03-08-2005 at 08:01 PM.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

stupidity cannot be hereditary.........it is effected by what your environment is a child, how you pay attention is school, how much you read, how much you observe in the world around you, how much you watch the news and documentaries, what you study in school, who your friends are, how intellegent the people around you are........your intellegence is dependent upon your ability to observe and make sense of things around you, and the people around you from the time you are born.

if your theory is true, what does that say about your parents:
    "theroy"
    "tecnology"
    "medson"

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Blackthorn is an unknown quantity at this point Blackthorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2005 07:24 AM
    Threads

stupid people make me angery
    The darkness is all around you, it slowly takes your mind, the darkness is now your master and power is on your mind.

Spread you black wing, cover the world in shadow, accept the darkness or feel the presure of the thorns.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTwilight
    stupidity cannot be hereditary.........it is effected by what your environment is a child, how you pay attention is school, how much you read, how much you observe in the world around you, how much you watch the news and documentaries, what you study in school, who your friends are, how intellegent the people around you are........your intellegence is dependent upon your ability to observe and make sense of things around you, and the people around you from the time you are born.

if your theory is true, what does that say about your parents:
    "theroy"
    "tecnology"
    "medson"
    Another intresting point. (I love this subject!!) Also I want to apoligise for my spelling. (I never passed a spelling test in school. ) Thanks for the opinion!

Senior Member D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2014 11:26 PM
    Threads

as we get more stupid people we also get more smart people if we did not get more smart people we would be back in the stone age if you know what i mean well that is what i say pm me if you want
    I know all and I see all, I just don't tell all.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Jd Blade
    Another intresting point. (I love this subject!!) Also I want to apoligise for my spelling. (I never passed a spelling test in school. ) Thanks for the opinion!
    its not an opinion.....its a widely known fact......

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by D-man
    as we get more stupid people we also get more smart people if we did not get more smart people we would be back in the stone age if you know what i mean well that is what i say pm me if you want
    ..... That's actually a good point you just made. If what you say was true, we would have never discovered fire, or been able to create things, interact, ect. So if you look back, we must be getting smarter overtime..

But I never said we haven't lost somethings along the way....

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

D-man This world has had a massive population growth increse in the last 100 years. I guess that the stupid people just stand out more.
    Dark Twilight lighten up, fact is only as one preceives it. As this discussion is concerned, each view is the opinion of the submiter.
    Last edited by Jd Blade; 03-08-2005 at 07:07 PM.

Fiddle Faddle Victim Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2007 01:04 AM
    Threads

People get "stupider" because they sit in front of the tv and computer doing absolutely USELESS things like playing useless games for hours upon hours. Now, you CAN be educated by the tv in ways of the History channel(which I love), National Geographic and documentaries. In terms of computing, well, if you need to ask then you REALLY need to read this thread. The internet has ENDLESS information about ENDLESS things. If people would get off their lazy bums and actually PAY ATTENTION to the world around them by even reading the headlines on Yahoo!(I know I do), they'd know a lot more. Come on people, get a grip on life. ><

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Being stupid is human nature.

If humans were never "stupid" we would have never attempted to go to the moon, we would have attempted to do much of anything that involved being brave. Since after awhile, bring couragous and stupid tend to go hand in hand.

We sit around doing nothing, we complain, we also.. Well, don't do much of what we used to do back in the old ages.

One more thing; stupid is a rather harsh word, let's replace it with one of the following: brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, dodo, doltish, dopy, dotterel, dull, dumb, dummy, foolish, futile, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic,irresponsible,ludicrous, meaningless, mindless, moronic, naive, nonsensical,pointless,senseless, short-sighted, simple, simple-minded, slow, sluggish,stupefied, thick, thickheaded, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking, witless

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2019 08:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ashminigun

*joins in the discussion...

Stupidity.... It depends on how you perceive it. Yet, i'm quite agree with 19th statement. If human aren't stupid, they would never reach to the moon, climbing the highest peak in the world, crossed the Atlantic, flew over both the Poles etc. They risked their life to do what others can't and thought impossible.
    It will be stupid if the situation are different, like something bad happen to your family members but you don't do nothing about it. Now, that's can called stupid. It's like you the power to stop/prevent the bad things happen but you just ignore it.

No Brilliance Here. Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 10:39 PM
    Threads

Enter a Yahoo! chat and you can feel your IQ plummeting. Simple as that.

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

most people are getting smarter through generations. but as my school goes out of there way to prove, we are acting stupider.

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2023 06:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

For some reason, we have decided that knowledge is far more important than wisdom. Not to mention the human obsession with playing God. We play with things that we lack the wisdom for. Plus as we advance, we loose the knowledge of simpler things.
    I had a roommate who would ask me questions about this or that. Things that are everyday things, and often I realized that I couldn't explain how or why it works. We seem to loose touch with what's simple when we become more advanced.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

Junior Member koolbuddhistguy is on a distinguished road koolbuddhistguy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2005 11:51 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jd Blade
    In my opinion, stupidity is hereditary. This theroy makes sence because, back in the days before modern tecnology, stupid people did not live long enough, usually, to have children. So now, in the age of modern science, the world is slowly getting stupider.
    What is your opinion on the subject?
    yes i do agree that stupidity is in da genes.

RPG case Kurai Ha is a jewel in the rough Kurai Ha is a jewel in the rough Kurai Ha is a jewel in the rough Kurai Ha's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2007 10:43 PM
    Threads

Actually, %30 of intellegence comes from the genes, but that's a general intellect like speaking and such. I think that people as a society are getting stupider. Like in ww2 and they used a bomb that was theorized to have a high probability to destroy the planet, but in attemp to stop the war they used it anyway. Yeah, I guess blowing up the earth would have stopped the war, but at the price of the whole human race. Luckily their theory didn't work. I think stupidity is largely in how our society works because our society doesn't demand us to think of anything new. We go to work and do the same thing that our bosses had to do themselves before they got promoted, and someone will do the same thing as their boss when they get promoted. It's an endless cycle of repeating things that have already been done. Besides, most of our "inventions" happened because of some accident not because someone actually planned them.
    Cool: Shippou69
    comics: DMG, Lady Dragon, dark_mousi
    Intellectual: [email protected], therebel
    Fighters: Amazon Goddess, Kera, SuperVegeta467

Sig props to therebel

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by therebel
    For some reason, we have decided that knowledge is far more important than wisdom. Not to mention the human obsession with playing God. We play with things that we lack the wisdom for. Plus as we advance, we loose the knowledge of simpler things.
    I had a roommate who would ask me questions about this or that. Things that are everyday things, and often I realized that I couldn't explain how or why it works. We seem to loose touch with what's simple when we become more advanced.
    This is also a very good point! I quite agree with this, for it happens to me alot, lol. I often find it hard to explain things such as taste, color, and such things.

Closed Thread

Thread Information