AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Everyone is a critic

Illusionist Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2009 07:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Everyone is a critic

I've been an admin at this site for well over 3 years.. maybe 4 now.. I've lost count. I've also served as a board moderator for the RP board and a few others off and on pending my good graces with a certain site goddess. One thing that I have ran into on a few occasions is some people on occassions think they can tell me how to do my job better or more effectivly, or more so, they think they can do it better than I can. This of course can be agervating when you are trying to moderate a current situation that is more inflamed than an infected ingrown toenail on the foot of a religious debate!

Well, since everyone is a critic lets just open this sucker up for discussion. Suppose you have your own chat room or message board. What rules would YOU impose... what rules would you throw away? Would you use admins, or would you not? How would you run your own place? If suddenly and for some random act of god Kaitou Ace and Princess Minako decided they had enough of this place and put you in charge.... How would you handle the site and the pressure?? or could you?

I leave you to decide. Please be respectful... and curtious. Threads like this are moderator bait, and are often shut down if not handled with respect and care. And I really hate seeing a good thread of intelligent conversation get shut down because some idiot ruins it for everyone ^_^

Member tallarchangel89 is an unknown quantity at this point tallarchangel89's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2005 03:56 PM
    Threads

To be truthful, I don't handle pressure well so I would use admins.
    *****MALIENT*****
    <Lord of the Dragons>

Illusionist Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2009 07:00 PM
    Threads

The decision to use or not use admins is rather a moot point in this discussion. The question at hand is what kind of rules you would inforce on your admins or moderators. What expectations you would hold them to. What you would want them to achieve. And what expectations you would want them to hold the normal chatters or messabe board users to . What rules you would want the admins or mods to inforce on the every day populace.
    Also... just food for thought, what expectations would you want to hold for yourself? One of the principals of effective managment is Lead by Example. What kind of example would you want to set to lead by?

Senior Member Nevaeh has a reputation beyond repute Nevaeh has a reputation beyond repute Nevaeh has a reputation beyond repute Nevaeh has a reputation beyond repute Nevaeh has a reputation beyond repute Nevaeh has a reputation beyond repute Nevaeh has a reputation beyond repute Nevaeh has a reputation beyond repute Nevaeh has a reputation beyond repute Nevaeh has a reputation beyond repute Nevaeh has a reputation beyond repute Nevaeh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2017 03:21 PM
    Threads

Well, I think one rule I would be very strict on is unnecessary rudeness to other members... it’s selfish and childish. Also, one word posts would be against the rules…and constant spammers would be banned. Moderators would have to be a member for quite some time and I also have to be certain that none of them abuse their power. Patience and consideration are traits I have to see them have. For the people that register, then never log back on, after six months, their account would be deleted. As for the pressure, I’m not certain, but I think I’d be able to handle things if I try to. I hope I answered this efficiently enough. ^^;;
    "If I am not who you say I am, you are not what you think you are." -James Baldwin

Closed Thread

Thread Information