AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Which anime is worth buying?

I <3 Anime In My Sig! Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2008 11:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Which anime is worth buying?

Hey can u guys tell me which anime i should buy?There's too many anime to pick from.So can u tell me which anime is the best and if possible, can u give a short review on the anime.Oh yeah and pleaz tell me the amount of episodes in that anime.

Ice Maiden Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2007 03:03 PM
    Threads

To buy, huh? Well, that all depends on what your price range is and all. It also depends on what your tastes are.

For some odd reason, I'm going to recommend Exel Saga. You can buy the box set for under $60 dollars now. At least at the Best Buy that's near where I live.

This anime is quite insane, with lots of twisted humor and some mocking from other anime, such as DBZ, Sailor Moon, and others. Basically, it's about this secret organizaton, Across, trying to take over the world, starting with a small town in Japan. However, one of the 'top agents' is quite the failure and can never seem to do anything right. It's quite funny, and I recommend those who love humor to watch it!

The amount of episodes...Erm, I think there are about thirty something, I can't really remember. Either thirty or twenty something! O.o

I <3 Anime In My Sig! Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Yeah.I heard that Excel Saga is pretty much nice.I think i can get the box set cheaper here in my country.It sounds interesting, but i'll just check out other anime first.

Ice Maiden Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Another that I would recommend would be Fruits Basket, if you like romance with some comedy. That's a pretty nice series, and probably the only one with romance that I truely love. I bought the boxset right away, after watching only two episodes of it when I went to a convention.

Well, how can I summerize Furuba? Let's see...Basically, it's about this cursed family that turns into animals of the Chinese Zodiac if they're under stress or hugged by the opposite gender. A young girl named Tohru had lost her mother, and her grandfather that she was staying with was remodling the house, so she lives in a tent. Eventually, two members of the cursed family ( boys ) find her, and invite her to live with them. Of course, she ends up transforming them into their animal forms, and everthing just kind of launches off from there.I don't know how to describe it other than that. I'm horrible at summaries! ^_^

This series is 26 episodes long, and it's great!

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5olar 5ystem.

Its a collaborative work with Leiji matusmoto of the Spaceshit Yamato, Galaxy Express, Harlock and Emeraldas series's, and Daft Punk. Very good

The Goddess has Spoken
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I've read a few manga of Fruits Basket already, but i have'nt seen the anime yet.I wanted to buy it at first, but then my friend already bought it, so i'll just borrow from her.Interstella sounds ok..I've seen Vandread too many times already.They kept on repeating it on tv here in my country.I've also seen Vandread the 2nd stage...very nice, but u'll surely get bored of it after seeing it for about 5 times[which i did].

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

D-man...Please don't double post!

Anyway, I think that Hellsing is a good anime as well. It has to be one of my top favorites, to be exact. Though I think I would rather download it than buy it, considering the fact that three of the DVDs only has three episodes, and the fourth has four. With the low amount of episodes that they have, it's sure priced high from where I live. I love Hellsing with all my being, but $30 dollars for three episodes is too much.

Member Serendipity is on a distinguished road Serendipity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2005 10:02 AM
    Threads

I would recommend buying GTO. It's got a bit of everything in it from comedy to great characters.

It is 43 episodes long so if you are going to buy it I recommend buying it from here:

SunDevil DVD

That is the exact same set I have and where I got it from as well.

Clicking on that link will also give you a brief synopsis of what it is about.
    Last edited by Serendipity; 03-04-2005 at 11:26 AM.
    ser-en-dip-i-ty

1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.

2. The fact or occurance of such discoveries.

3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I've seen Rurouni Kenshin around 10 times[or more].They keep repeating it, and i can't resist from watching it. I've got all the movies already.Hmm Hellsing.Oh yeah i've heard a lot about this anime.It sounds really interesting, and its in my must watch list..so i'll either buy or borrow it from my friend.But i'll surely watch it either way...

Senior Member kamekazekid is on a distinguished road kamekazekid's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2005 07:03 PM
    Threads

any anime that has perverted characters

Senior Member kamekazekid is on a distinguished road kamekazekid's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2005 07:03 PM
    Threads

I agree with d man gto is the bomb onizuka all the way

Member o'neilll is an unknown quantity at this point o'neilll's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2005 07:15 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by kamekazekid
    any anime that has perverted characters

thats for sure, but almost all anime has people like that.

they are the humour of any anime! perverts rock in anime...lol
    im back!!!!!!!!!

If u can understand my ranting, we should talk...

claudia black on sg1 with that dude too?
    a new general to replace o'neill?
    nooooooooooooo!!!! to much change!
    its gonna rock

ZIM: somethings broken and u had nothing to do with it?
    GRR: i know, im scared too.....

i love this show

Almost Infamous[♥] DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2011 12:52 PM
    Threads

All animes are worth buying but my favorite that i cant stop watching is......EVANGELION. Yeah its story is way complax and dramatic. Oh another is GRAVITATION if you are into romantic drama, with of course two hot guys making out all the time. So come on GRAVITATION and EVANGELION.

[ True*Poet ]

Junior Member chinkilla666 will become famous soon enough chinkilla666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2007 08:49 PM
    Threads

I would say Cowboy Bebop or Naruto. or maybe sailor moon
    Life is nothing more than a dream of death.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I've already watched Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, and lots more..do u guys have any other anime to recommend other than that?

souless dreamer dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2015 01:18 AM
    Threads

depends on what you like ...

If you like weird stuff then check out Serial Experiments: Lain
    If you like action, romance, and comedy I would go for Cowboy Bebop

beauty in us all
    everyone the same
    everything changes
    love is all you need
    peace happyness and wizdom forever
    music heals the soul
    learn something new everyday
    experience life
    live free

Black angel of death... neosetsuna2004 is on a distinguished road neosetsuna2004's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2005 06:19 AM
    Threads

Love Hina is another anime that is worth buying...and one of my favorites ,Angel Sanctuary is the other I recomened...Love Hina has 26 episodes and Angel Sanctuary has 3...I guess.Better think of it first.

My family
    Sister 4 real: Mutsumi Anami
    Close friend: Death Angel
    DBZ lunatic brother:Super Sayajin 4

Black angel of death... neosetsuna2004 is on a distinguished road neosetsuna2004's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2005 06:19 AM
    Threads

Warning: there are anime that aren´t worth buying.I´m talking about this "comercial" anime. There are two reasons:-They have way too much episodes
    -And you will make rich there producers.
    Examples:Yu-Gi-oh,pokemon,digimon,beyblade...

My family
    Sister 4 real: Mutsumi Anami
    Close friend: Death Angel
    DBZ lunatic brother:Super Sayajin 4

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by neosetsuna2004
    Love Hina is another anime that is worth buying...and one of my favorites ,Angel Sanctuary is the other I recomened...Love Hina has 26 episodes and Angel Sanctuary has 3...I guess.Better think of it first.
    Yeah Love Hina is great i've seen all the episodes already. Very nice.Its got lots of humour in it.Thats my type of anime...Hmm whats Angel Sanctuary like?I've heard about it b4, but i dunno what its about.Can u tell me a little bout it?

Guess whos back? The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel has much to be proud of The Lost Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2007 08:01 PM
    Threads

I like inuyasha id buy that
    *My Journal**Sig Credit to Athena*

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Yeah inuyasha is great..by the way how many episodes are there?Is it more than 50 episodes?

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 10:16 AM
    Threads

Some very good suggestions you have there, yes.

As many have said, it really depends on what type of things the person who is looking to buy stuff likes.

Romance fans--- Fruits Basket, Sailor Moon (GET SUBBED! I'm not usually a sub snob, but you seriously should not watch this dubbed...), Chobits, Fushigi Yuugi, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Legend of Basara

Sci-fi fans--- Eva, Armitage III, Armitage Dual Matrix, Akira, Lain, Ghost in the Shell, Iria,

Supernatural fans--- Hellsing, 100 Stories (I think the domestic release name is "Requiem from the Darkness"), Mermaid Forest TV series (actually...I don't know if this is released domestically yet nor not), Mermaid Forest movie, Mermaid's Scar, Eva, Lain, Devil Man (I like the Amon movie myself..but again, not sure if it's domestic yet), Yami no Matsuei (aka: Descendents of Darkness), Pet Shop of Horrors

Action (with PLOT) fans--- Naruto (wait, is that domestic yet?...), Saiyuki, Kenshin (while the series is cute, the OVAs are much better by far), Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo

Will post more later... I'm tired, can't think... Gah, I was so much better at this when I had racks and racks of anime to look at while helping people pick out what they might like... >_<

Note: Yes, there are some that are in multiple catagories... Because they will likely be enjoyed by fans of each they are listed in.

Edit-- Another note: About Excel Saga... The first volume or so is amusing, but then it just gets old. I would not suggest anyone buying the entire thing unless they find it to be something that does not get old and drawn-out for them.

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

Digital Plague Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2007 10:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShadowMancerX

Ninja scroll is a great buy, get the movie and the three disc series
    Family
    Grease monkey heavy metal uncle Therebel
    Uncannily strong brother, Death warrior
    Geekish other Brother D-man

Closed Thread

Thread Information