AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is the better horror game?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Resident Evil

16 72.73%
  • Silent Hill

5 22.73%
  • sorry, dun play horror games

1 4.55%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil or Silent Hill

The Broken Wing UltimaChaos is just really nice UltimaChaos is just really nice UltimaChaos is just really nice UltimaChaos is just really nice UltimaChaos is just really nice UltimaChaos's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2012 04:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Escaping your sight everytime you turn around.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Resident Evil or Silent Hill

I'm a player of horror video games and my two favorites are Resident Evil and Silent Hill. I wanna know what everyone think of these two games and what ya'll favorite one is. Personally, I liked Resident Evil better than Silent Hill.

Member stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2005 08:36 AM
    Threads

Resident Evil game is the best game ever

Member Fizzyazana is a splendid one to behold Fizzyazana is a splendid one to behold Fizzyazana is a splendid one to behold Fizzyazana is a splendid one to behold Fizzyazana is a splendid one to behold Fizzyazana is a splendid one to behold Fizzyazana is a splendid one to behold Fizzyazana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2005 03:48 PM
    Threads

silent hill games are just wierd not horror so resident evil games are the best

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Resident Evil lost the title of "Surival Horror" not long after it came out; and even so today it still manages to lose horror points ; personally.. it is not the best game ever.. The best game ever was Clocktower 2.

Maybe, if you count when R.E FIRST started it was horror. . But after Resident Evil : G.S , Resident Evil : Code Veronica and Resident Evil 3, it became a "Target Rich" action game.

As for Silent Hill, there are HOARDS of people who won't even touch that game in broad daylight. Why? Because unlike resident evil... it feels realistic.

Also, people happen to dismiss Silent Hill for no real reason.

No one has military training, is related to someone who could have given them miltary training and or never used a weapon up untill that moment in their lives.

What's scarier? A pack of viral created living corpses or a creature spawned from the depths of one's deepest torments armed with a rather large and painful looking cleaver that also happens to be "immortal"? Oh yeah.. and it REALLY does'nt like you..

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Senior Member Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2006 03:47 PM
    Threads

Post Re

Personally, I think that resident evil was better, and that silent hill was trying to recreate some of the action/horror that one felt upon playing the first RE game... and I agree, after RE 2, it was survival horror anymore... but, lets face it, thats what they were going for when they made dead aim, right? They should get rid of the ammo rich features they put in there, and make you conserve bullets like in the good ol days... whos with me?

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

The first impression anyone had playing Resident Evil always seemed to be "WOAH.. Where did that zombie come from?! And why can't I adjust this camera angle?!And why does almost every single one of these zombies look alike?"

Aside from that, Silent Hill seemed based off of other (point and click) games pre-dating Resident Evil. Such as Clock Tower, while most people tend to say Resident Evil is based off of Sweet Home.
    One more thing, it's all what people want these days.
    Resident Evil is for people who just want to shoot things;the hardest puzzle before any other R.E's released would be that "Water Sample" thing at the end of three. Silent Hill is for people who want to think about things. But that's the new wave of gamers, more fight less think.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

The last Silent Hill game I played (The Room) and the last Resident Evil game I played (I believe it was 3... Im not sure) really didn't impress me. I didn't care for either of them. But if I had to choose, Silent Hill would win out. The creepy creatures and demons, ghosts or whatever is on their scares the bejeebus out of me.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Lord Sesshomaru's Flunky Predator will become famous soon enough Predator's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2005 12:18 AM
    In the trees with my thermal vision tracking device on you!
    Threads

Silent Hill is more scary than RE...
    COOLEST FORUM FAMILY
    Angelic Mother: Anonymous
    Angelic twin-sister: Negi
    Lovely step-sister: Milly ^^
    Real Robotechincal brother: Robofighter

[K_K]'z Death Plague sub has a reputation beyond repute sub has a reputation beyond repute sub has a reputation beyond repute sub has a reputation beyond repute sub has a reputation beyond repute sub has a reputation beyond repute sub has a reputation beyond repute sub has a reputation beyond repute sub has a reputation beyond repute sub has a reputation beyond repute sub has a reputation beyond repute sub's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2007 03:10 AM
    Threads

i like RE better

Huggable Sis : Negi
    cute sis: princess_comit
    Fan Sis: Envy
    oldest bro: Darksage
    big bro: bladesliver1234
    lil' gurl cuzion: lilyangel
    good friend: ZeldaFreakMaster

Senior Member SeijouOmni will become famous soon enough SeijouOmni's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:05 AM
    Threads

Silent Hill had more cerebral, eerie, and generally more intelligent scares that Resident Evil. The games are loaded with social commentary and psychology and is just more original all around than the Resident Evil series. Resident Evil just goes for cheap "things crashing through a window" scares. Not to mention the voice acting and motion capture in every Resident Evil but 4 was a joke. In fact, except for the fact that Resident Evil 1 started the genre, and 4 completely redifined it in terms of action and gameplay...Resident Evil just kinda sucks. 2, Nemesis, Code Veronica, Zero, Dead Aim, whatever that online one was...they were all mediocre at best.
    Well, I just don't want to be a part of something I don't approve of anymore, and haven't approved of in a long, long time.

Senior Member Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2005 09:55 PM
    Threads

Are you kidding RE beats Silent hill by far wide miles,
    Take a step back, stand in place.
    Freeze inside, and show your souless eyes.
    Close yourself from the outside world.
    Fall to your knees crying in pain.
    Shake in fear and get ready to die.
    In this dark cold place, no one survives.

Love together.

Die together.
    In misery, there is no end.

The Grand Master macus alexander has a little shameless behaviour in the past macus alexander's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2005 08:46 AM
    Threads

resi evil is just more fufiling

pervelicious... /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa|'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:49 AM
    Threads

Silent Hill 4 scared the crap out of me. I played Doom 3 with ease, but SH4 is on a level of its own. Never got the chance to play any res evil.

The Grand Master macus alexander has a little shameless behaviour in the past macus alexander's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

oh you mean the room *shudders*

pervelicious... /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa|'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, i played it on PC. After my first 45 minutes i had to turn it off. BLOODY SCARY!!!! When i was playing it, i was in my square room with the door closed at 2am. And when i went to leave my room i actually started to slowly approach the door hoping that it would open and not lock up on me. The title, "The Room" sounds gay, but its actually a good idea. Im more of a pc gamer anyways, which explains my lack of res evil experience.

edit: oh yeah, im making a heavy effort to not accidentally spam. Ive been stirring up the mods lately. oh well, dinner is calling.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

the room *shiver in a corner weeping*

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I was surprised that the main character in that game wasnt doing that. I mean honestly, that guy is brave. Oh well, dinner is getting cold....in the fridge.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*has flash backs of sluaghter*

Moderator/Chat Admin Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Batteries 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 04:10 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leyzee PSN ID: Leyzors Steam ID: Leyzee

Alrighty... I've played:

Resident Evil Zero(GC)
    Resident Evil(PS)
    Resident Evil: Directors cut(PS)
    Resident Evil 2(PS)
    Resident Evil 3(PS)
    Resident Evil: Survivor(PS)
    Resident Evil 4(GC)
    Resident Evil: Outbreak (PS2)
    Resident Evil: Code: VERONICA (PS2)
    and
    Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
    Silent Hill 3(PS2)
    Silent Hill 4: The Room(PS2)

And personally, I love both RE and SH... I am a big fan of horror-adventure games.. In terms of which is 'scarier' i would have to say Silent Hill, I mean come on... Even the name says it. The name Resident Evil is just like it sounds.... evil residence... I personally think they should have left the Original name "BioHazard".. it makes more sense.... RE games can have you jumping at times but it only lasts for that short amount of time... SH games can have you scared for a while... I mean, whats scarier? a slow, limping zombie?.. Or a live manequin with legs for arms twitching, and running at you?.... you decide...

I Like both RE and SH.. but i lean towards RE more because I love the gameplay.. and the storyline goes in an orderly fashion (most of the time).. SH storyline jumped from a girl trying to escape.. to a guy desperate to find his wife, to another young girl with a biblical twist, to a decaying room and portals...... O_o ..Its fun to play but in my opinion can't top RE..... ...But if you're looking for a good scare, Fatal Frame games are a good start... I mean, you turn around and theres a ghost right there... Or you look in the distance and see a white floating thing slowly floating towards you... and the ghosts faces you capture are freaky.. especially when close-up... ..Yeah. Fatal Frame 1 & 2 gave me a few tiny nightmares.. and kept me up at night at times..

Anyway... yeah I like both RE and SH.... BUT.. my vote is for RE......

^____^
    Last edited by Missy; 03-03-2005 at 05:36 AM.

Signature brought to you by Balance.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

there is nowt like dishing out merceless sluaghter to zombies and demonic beasts

The Broken Wing UltimaChaos is just really nice UltimaChaos is just really nice UltimaChaos is just really nice UltimaChaos is just really nice UltimaChaos is just really nice UltimaChaos's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2012 04:12 PM
    Escaping your sight everytime you turn around.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MsAeris
    Alrighty... I've played:

Resident Evil(PS)
    Resident Evil: Directors cut(PS)
    Resident Evil 2(PS)
    Resident Evil 3(PS)
    Resident Evil: Survivor(PS)
    Resident Evil 4(PS2)
    Resident Evil: Outbreak (PS2)
    Resident Evil: Code: VERONICA (PS2)
    and
    Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
    Silent Hill 3(PS2)
    Silent Hill 4: The Room(PS2)
    resident evil 4 is for the GCN..not the ps2

Junior Member ??? is on a distinguished road ???'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2005 03:07 PM
    Threads

i agree wit italian_thug resident evil is old school and silent hill is just trying to copy.

Senior Member SeijouOmni will become famous soon enough SeijouOmni's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:05 AM
    Threads

It's amazing how Silent Hill is just copying. I mean, one features military and law enforcement, the other has plain old civilians. One has a virus or parasites creating monsters, one has demons and setting derived from deep within the dark, hellish psyche. The Silent Hill series is laden with social commentary and self referential humor (The director of the game arrested for urinating in public, and Resident Evil has awful voice acting and cheesy plots that barely changed until 4...even a prequel.

The are many reasons to like RE better than Silent Hill, and that's fine, but to say that Silent Hill imitates Resident Evil just shows that you've never even played the game for more than 5 minutes.
    Well, I just don't want to be a part of something I don't approve of anymore, and haven't approved of in a long, long time.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I second that, despite not playing RE.^^ Im pretty sure theres a HUGE difference between them, especially when i keep seeing guns in RE screenshots. I mean, as soon as you get a gun the scary factor is like halved for me. Guns make me feel superior, thats why Doom 3 was nothing .... too many guns and im kinda a fps veteran.

But the controls in SH are horrible. Its scary enough that a floating zombie that doesnt die lunges at you, but even more scarier when you cant navigate yourself to hit the thing in time.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Aifa
    I second that, despite not playing RE.^^ Im pretty sure theres a HUGE difference between them, especially when i keep seeing guns in RE screenshots. I mean, as soon as you get a gun the scary factor is like halved for me. Guns make me feel superior, thats why Doom 3 was nothing .... too many guns and im kinda a fps veteran.

But the controls in SH are horrible. Its scary enough that a floating zombie that doesnt die lunges at you, but even more scarier when you cant navigate yourself to hit the thing in time.
    That's why they put in a new "Dodge" action button,(Following the recent line of third person konami games.) I love all the Silent Hill games, except four since it was too lighthearted for the silent hill line.

(Well , look at that. Every game that has the number 4 after it, sucks; To put it bluntly.)

I still can't imagine how people were bothered by the Room, ( which should have been named The Hole.. in my personal opinion.)

One last thing, the reason why Henry was'nt shivering in the corner was there was no other action for him to take. He had A) Go into the hole or B) Keep banging on the door thinking someone is going to find him and let him out although he already knows that no-one can hear him.

As Maria said.. "Should I stay here ...or do I fight and live?"

WARNING

Closed Thread

Thread Information