AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Gas - World Population - and yada yada..

The Sweetheart Rikku will become famous soon enough Rikku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2005 06:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    UC Santa Barbara. SB/OC where the drama happens.
    Threads

Default Gas - World Population - and yada yada..

Back in high school when I was taking my economics class, we basically studied the fundementals of living through the economic ways in our socitey and evey detailed culture around the globe, and how people always take up a challege.

Do we really know why gas prices sell so high? And why food hunger is not so important anymore? But yet the population of the world will be 10 times the amount it is today?

-In China, I know that there is a law saying that you can have only one child. And in some provinces, it must be a male/boy. If not, that child will be killed. And they do leave infants out dead in the streets. Luckily, Hong Kong deasn't do that.

-Gas prices are so high here in the U.S. and I know that they're even higher here in my state of California. (I was driving through Sunset Blvd down Los Angeles today when I saw the premium gases were $2.69. I almost hit another car by just being shocked when I saw that price. And my car runs on premium and nothing else.)

So what do you guys think?
    Will we really run out of our natural resources?: (not in a long while)
    Will world hunger come to a problem again?: (oh yeah, for sure on that)
    And will earth get too over populated?: (you can count on it)

I know some of you young-ins might not take much consideration of it, but sooner or later when you're all out in the big world, you'll know what I'm talking about.
    ! WARNING !
    PROPERTY OF BEAN BANDIT
    + + +
    Angel of Hell. Devil of Heaven

RIKKU OF THE SOLDATS ROYAL FAMILY - VETERAN OF TMDC

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

oil will be all used up before the end of the century.
    world hunger...it was never WORLD hunger....more third world countries.....mostly in africa and some parts of china
    of course the population will skyrocket. over the last 500 years, the population of world has jumped by incredible amounts. i read the approximated amount in my history book last year.....so i cant remember it......

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, I saw the world count as of now as 6 billion fromt eh last 50 years. (I saw that on a history book as well)
    ! WARNING !
    PROPERTY OF BEAN BANDIT
    + + +

Moderator/Chat Admin Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Batteries 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 04:10 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leyzee PSN ID: Leyzors Steam ID: Leyzee

Interesting topic, Rikku ^^

Will we really run out of our natural resources?:
    There are probably gonna be times where we start running out, But I'm sure there will always be some. (I could be wrong)

Will world hunger come to a problem again?:
    Yes It could happen. There are already enough people dying from starvation... Its really sad..

And will earth get too over populated?:
    There are alot of new babies being born each day.. But then in the world theres always someone dying... So its like For every death, comes a newborn... But with all the politics and stuff and all the death-preventing things being invented, Earth might get a bit over populated... But who knows.. Theres no guarantees >.<

At least that's how I see it. ^^;

Signature brought to you by Balance.

Myrra's Favourite Brother Cypher is on a distinguished road Cypher's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2005 09:34 AM
    Threads

I pay $2.09 for a regular on my car, and prices will rise here in Nor Cal. But to why you have to $2.69 just for premium, I guess your paychecks all go to those bills eh Hiedi? World hunger is not a problem, since we have figred out a way to actually be kind enough to donate food and money towards a coutry that is in desperate need of it. But population will increase, that I know.
    [ LORD CYPHER ]

FOUNDER OF THE NEW ROYAL FAMILY OF AF.COM
    Rikku - Myrra - fragile_1 - Ami~chan - KazeSniper

+ BANNER UNDER CONSTRUCTION +

SK/KS - ex.Member of the Royal Family of TMDC. - R.I.P.

[ The EX k.SILVERHEART ]

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

Will we really run out of our natural resources?

Depends, in terms of oil and gas, yes. But there are always other alternatives. Wind and solarenergy are among those, but I think there has to be more research for more alternatives.

Will world hunger come to a problem again?

'World' hunger? Not likely, those recources regrow with proper time.

And will earth get too over populated?

With all the wars and natural disasters (the recent tsunami being an example), I highly doupt it. What will become a problem, however, will be the money needed to rebuilt the mess caused by those disasters/wars.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

The weasel God sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 08:26 PM
    Threads

About World Hunger: it is not giving away our old rotten wheat (like Canada does) to starving countries that will help them. THERE IS, as for now, enough food to feed the whole world population. It is just is not used the right way. It is spoilt here and there, thrown because it doesn't reach this or that standard of shape and look (we sure cannot sell people peppers not having the typical pepper shape, they could go on and have non-genetically modified food). It is thrown because some produce too much, willingly. Once again, there is enough food. But we (yes, it is our fault) make the wrong choices. Funnily enough, we cut tremendous amounts of amazonian forest, to seed cereals, cereals that won't feed humans, no, but that will feed a beef during all its life. And this beef will then feed about 100 times less people. It will supply approximately 50 people so that they can eat their fresh and juicy and good BigMac... There's no food problem: there's a man problem.

About natural resources: I'll talk of water, as Québec is a very large fresh water depository and I feel concerned. Then again, even with the increasing population that will soon overcome the earth's capacity, there still are resources. They are just lost in the process. An example from here: water companies pay almost nothing for draining fresh water, and as they are oligopolies, they can sell it at any price they want, ending up making more benefits than oil companies. Then, they stock tons of water, likely not to be sold before long.

As for oil, we sure will run out of it. Though there are alternative solutions, they don't presently get enough funds to pursue their studies, because oil companies don't want them to exploit that field, for it could take away some benefits. And as oil lobbies are stronger than... well, there's no lobby for researchers, we all know who ends up "being right". Still, how many people take their cars just to avoid walking 10 minutes? And how many highways are stuck in traffic with people in their big brand new wildness car, ALONE, whilst there are 7 seats in the car? Yes, the world will run out of oil. People will be hysteric, throwing babies through the window, wrap themselves in christmas lights and bow before God, planes will be sad, business men desperate and I'll continue to take the metro.

Over-population: Sure. The solution to it: either a couple of genocides/massacres, either information.

There's also this problem connected to oil, of global warming (we can't deny it, when we get minus 30 degrees celsius one day and the next day 10 degrees, there IS something wrong). There is the Kyoto Protocol (is that how you call it in English?), though very few countries actually apply it. Now, you can even buy some poor countries' right to polluate. "Hey, Congo, you don't produce much gas, you're far away from reaching the stated limits, let me buy your right to spoil air!"

All. Not quite. Pardon my mistakes, it is pretty late/early here.
    -I have an hangover and two liters of coffee in the body: I'm at the top of my efficiency.-
    If I love trains it is probably because they go faster than burials.
    The best thing about weasels is that they don't turn into pickles when they are you.

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

Will we run out of natural resources?

Fossile ones, surely. Though there is still some time left for that to happen. But while it lasts, regarding oil and gas, Norway's going to keep on havin' a good one selling it to the States for way more than it's worth. (I believe we now have so much money in surplus, that we can't even use it without knocking our economy out of balance).
    Though considering we have lots of these water works that power large parts of Norway as well, I'd say we'll be able to keep it up for some time without reacing some critical level. And there will always be some new energy source. Aren't they going on about Hydrogen Energy or something now?

Will world hunger come to a problem again?

Now, I don't think there will be another world-wide hunger.. But famine and the like is prone to happen in countries that's not able to take care for themselves on a 100% scale.

What if we reach an extreme population number?

Oh, it will be a problem in some hundred years. And if the war is still ragin' in the middle east... Teehee, isn't there some "kill-life-leave-land-and-buildings-intact" bomb around? There's plenty of resources down there, after all.
    Though I just have a thing for genocides, I guess.

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Natural Resources: There are renewable sources of energy like wind and solar that can be used effectively to power homes, etc. We're finally starting to realise that here in Kansas...though some are reluctant for change still.
    As for oil...I honestly believe that here in the states that the prices need to go up even higher. Here in the midwest, we are extremely spoiled and have no good alternatives to using a car, but I'm willing to bet if the prices go too much more..we'll get that light rail that has been discussed/debated for the last 2 decades. Public transit here sucks!

World Hunger: as for hunger around the world...well, that has more to do with politics than an inablity to grow food. I know in some third world countries they actually grow enough, but due to various problems (war, politics, etc) it's not getting to where it needs to go and therefore goes to waste. We are quite capable of sustaining the world population with the amount of food that is currently grown...(if only we can get the cattle industry to stop hogging all the damn land!)

World Population: Now as to the population problem...well, it's not equitably distributed throughout the world. Third world countries tend to have more babies due to the fact most children will not survive long enough to reach adulthood. And when these people make it to places like the US those tendencies for large families do not immediately vanish. Though the survival rate vastly improves for their children. We have no natural enemies (other than each other) to maintain a proper balance. Another global war...and I'm sure the population situation will be remedied. Not that I'm advocating that, mind you.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2006 08:21 PM
    Threads

Natural resouces: Its very, very possible. but i'm really not too worried about fossil fuels because we've made soo many advances in that field recently(hybrid cars, electric, hydrogen[hydrogen kinda scares me though]) what i'm more worried about is our other natural resources namely, wood. Everyone uses wood because its cheep and easy to harvest and cheap and easy to use. true, its farmable but that takes to long to be economically feasible and even if you replant in harvested area's(rainforest, forest) the ecosystem is permanently changed because the old growth is now permanently toast.

World Hunger: hate to say it but between the political crap and everything else(disease, lack of pretty much everything essential) i honestly thing that they're screwed.

World Population: The root of all evil.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

-Ted Geisel aka. Dr. Suess

Close the world, txEn eht nepO

Master of Jinchuu Himura Enishi is on a distinguished road Himura Enishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2005 02:04 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

oil will be all used up before the end of the century.
    world hunger...it was never WORLD hunger....more third world countries.....mostly in africa and some parts of china
    of course the population will skyrocket. over the last 500 years, the population of world has jumped by incredible amounts. i read the approximated amount in my history book last year.....so i cant remember it......
    what he said. Thnk about it, I forget the precise stat, but it's something like America is 2% of the human population and consumes 25% of oil produced each year....its something like if China's society keeps steadily developing, we'll run out of oil around 2050, about the same time we get shafted for social security too, hooray!

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Will we run out of natural resources? - If the world keeps going at the rate they are now, we'll have nothing left. When oil and all the other products runs out, we'll be forced to come up with something. Wait and see......

World hunger? - I doubt it. There's tons and tons of different foods out there, so it's highly unlikeable we'll be suffering a lack of produce any time soon. Only if there was a weather change or something causing the seasons to act irreguarly, then vegetables and fruit may not grow, and then..........Eh, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Over Population? - Yes. Yes, yes, yes. More and more people are having children, medicine is becoming more advanced so people will live longer, abortion finatics, and all that other population mumbo-jumbo.

Lord Sesshomaru's Flunky Predator will become famous soon enough Predator's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2005 12:18 AM
    In the trees with my thermal vision tracking device on you!
    Threads

1) Will we really run out of our natural resources?: Yes the way things are going now with all the wars and...wasting... The Earth's ( notice I said Earths?) resources will slowly dies out soon...
    2) Will world hunger come to a problem again?: Not in about 100,000 years im assuming...
    3)And will earth get too over populated?: Yes...O.o
    COOLEST FORUM FAMILY
    Angelic Mother: Anonymous
    Angelic twin-sister: Negi
    Lovely step-sister: Milly ^^
    Real Robotechincal brother: Robofighter

DECX is no longer here Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2005 11:49 AM
    Lurking in the shadows armed with kodachi.......
    Threads

don't forget though, global warming could kill a lot of us. and if the myans are right about december 23 2012, wer'e doomed
    Remade Dark_evo_chaosX.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here's an idea you guys.
    Who ever invents the first car to run on WATER, will surely get rich. $_$
    Shoot, we can get all the water we want that can last us a whole another 1000 years since we re-use water and not that much of the water go to waste at all.

$_$ = Avery happy Rikku
    ! WARNING !
    PROPERTY OF BEAN BANDIT
    + + +

DECX is no longer here Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2005 11:49 AM
    Lurking in the shadows armed with kodachi.......
    Threads

yes, water powered car, smart
    Remade Dark_evo_chaosX.

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2019 08:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ashminigun

Will we run out of natural resource? Yes, if we don't manage it properly. If we do, maybe it could extended more than 10 or 20 years. And, don't just start invading other people sovereignity just to get the hands on those resources!! or find other alternative means of energy, hydro, solar, wind, there's many of them around us

World Famine? definitely if we don't cooperate together esp. on those Third World country where they prone to it. We must put aside our differences and agendas to help them and help the world population esp. those hard -hitted with natural disaster and war. Genetic engineering is also a factor to produce a food plant that has higher resistance to extreme condition and disease although these idea is not quite acceptable to the world community

Over-populated? maybe, i don't know, if the world population increase due to good health service factor, gov policy etc, well, we must find another place to live like outer -space or build a settlement underwater. it may sound like sci-fi or rip -off from anime well, heck, who know that could be realize in the future. it up to us, the future generation to make this world a better place for EVERYBODY and do deeds to the humanity.

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    Threads

Natural Resources: We will have a lot for a long time. Look at the United States. We are not even tapping into our reserves or even drilling for all we have yet. We are paying the high prices now from other countries and saving our own. I think our goverment is doing that on purpose, so the other countries deplete theres first, then they will come to the Unites States for oil. We wont be alive to see it because it will be in the future past our time.

World Hunger: Again the united States will come out on top of this and survive. Lookat all the different farm programs there are for farmers not to plant food. We have way to much surplus as it is. So the Goverment pays our farmers not to farm. We have the best growing area for food there is. Again in the future I see all countries possibly coming here for there needs of food. We wont be alive to see it, again because it is to far in the future.

World Population: That I am unsure of. The United States will definetly be overcrowded as time goes on.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bean Bandit
    Natural Resources: We will have a lot for a long time. Look at the United States. We are not even tapping into our reserves or even drilling for all we have yet. We are paying the high prices now from other countries and saving our own. I think our goverment is doing that on purpose, so the other countries deplete theres first, then they will come to the Unites States for oil. We wont be alive to see it because it will be in the future past our time.
    Let's not even get me started on that! I have been fighting against the government's stupidity at trying to destroy a wonderful national treasure in a veiled attempt to circumvent the rules that have been laid down before this administration came to power. Don't even get me started on the cooperations that seem to own him as well.

grrrr...

there are already alternatives. We need to promote them, not continue with these antiquated methods.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Member 3scaflowne is an unknown quantity at this point 3scaflowne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2005 11:27 PM
    Threads

they probably have water powered cars but they dont release them beecause the economy would fall. you wouldnt need gas for much so some counries would go from rich to poor and it will also hurt others

very good topics u picked rikku
    Last edited by 3scaflowne; 02-23-2005 at 01:22 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information