AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: A new section please!

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation jeff is on a distinguished road jeff's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2005 04:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default A new section please!

I just noticed that there isn't a place to put poetry on this forum, or creative writing, like short stories. Could you add a section to put this sort of thing up for me?

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Fan fiction only extends to fan fiction right? So, poetry and short stories that aren't fanfiction have no place in fanfiction. I'm making some constructive critisism. It's your site, so i can't change anything myself. However, you could deal with constructive critisism in a more descent way. You site could improve. I make a suggestion, you should consider it and actually come back and say somethng in acknowledgement to my comments.

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

Poetry has always gone to fanfcition, it's just how this forum works. Noki helped you by pointing you towards the area you wanted, yet you start flamming him for giving an answer for your question. If this forum would listen to every request for a new section, there would be a movie section, a battle section, a fashion section etc. etc. Pretty soon there would be too much sections to even navigate trough.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Wssup peeps!!! is on a distinguished road Wssup peeps!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2005 05:20 AM
    Threads

Just let the boy be, it might be a good idea to set up some of these things he has suggested. I know him from other sites and his influence has only been a good thing with each being a lot better with his constructive criticism. He is trying to be polite, he doesnt need someone attacking him just for trying to be helpful.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey, there was no personal attack or flaming in my reply. I was stating fact. I did not know that non fanfiction prose went into fanfiction. It doesn't state in the description of the thread that non fanfiction work can be submitted there. I know that you can't accept every comment, but a reply is thankfully received. Yes, there would be too many sections, however you could make it clear where poetry and prose should be submitted if it isn't fanfiction. That was my humble suggestion, to make it clear to me where non fanfiction prose is to be submitted. That was all. I didn't want a flame war at all; it wasn't in my intention and it still isn't. Some constructive critisism helps to improve sites, and show the administrators where to make repairs or improve in general. My suggestion wasn't spam, it was a genuine comment that could help to improve this site. You could make it clearer where to submit non fanfiction prose. No flaming wanted, flaming received, flaming given in return. If you don't listen to constructive comments then how can you expect to improve at all? Again, it's not my call, however your team of moderators and administrators should take into account that some people have come from other forums that do run differently. I'm not used to site yet; it's rules aren't familliar to my previous forum. It takes time to adjust. Some patience with the likes of me would be rewarded as you would find i would make a fair contribution to your site as am literate and constructive. I haven't been given a fair chance to prove myself. My trustworthy attributes have alredy been noticed in sveral, simmilar forums and i have been rewarded with the role of a moderator myslef on two seperate occasions. I know what a mod's duties are: i moderate two anime inspired sites myself. I personally give time for new members to adjust to the rules and correct their mistakes and guide them to help them to adjust. As a moderator i make a distinction between spammers and people who don't know the rules and people who neglect the rules. Given time you can see this distinction clearly. I follow the site's basic rules in that i don't swear or spam. Flaming isn't my style and am trying to be considerate. You should try be considerate to new members that are adjusting as well. My point: give me time to adjust and i'm sure i'll become a productive, beneficial member of this forum.

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2019 03:44 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

Poetry in the Fanfiction. End of story.

Please close this thread.
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Game Developer/3D Character Animator
    eSports Commentator & Senior Server Administrator for LionsEK

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by jeff
    Hey, there was no personal attack or flaming in my reply. I was stating fact. I did not know that non fanfiction prose went into fanfiction. It doesn't state in the description of the thread that non fanfiction work can be submitted there. I know that you can't accept every comment, but a reply is thankfully received. Yes, there would be too many sections, however you could make it clear where poetry and prose should be submitted if it isn't fanfiction. That was my humble suggestion, to make it clear to me where non fanfiction prose is to be submitted. That was all. I didn't want a flame war at all; it wasn't in my intention and it still isn't. Some constructive critisism helps to improve sites, and show the administrators where to make repairs or improve in general. My suggestion wasn't spam, it was a genuine comment that could help to improve this site. You could make it clearer where to submit non fanfiction prose. No flaming wanted, flaming received, flaming given in return. If you don't listen to constructive comments then how can you expect to improve at all? Again, it's not my call, however your team of moderators and administrators should take into account that some people have come from other forums that do run differently. I'm not used to site yet; it's rules aren't familliar to my previous forum. It takes time to adjust. Some patience with the likes of me would be rewarded as you would find i would make a fair contribution to your site as am literate and constructive. I haven't been given a fair chance to prove myself. My trustworthy attributes have alredy been noticed in sveral, simmilar forums and i have been rewarded with the role of a moderator myslef on two seperate occasions. I know what a mod's duties are: i moderate two anime inspired sites myself. I personally give time for new members to adjust to the rules and correct their mistakes and guide them to help them to adjust. As a moderator i make a distinction between spammers and people who don't know the rules and people who neglect the rules. Given time you can see this distinction clearly. I follow the site's basic rules in that i don't swear or spam. Flaming isn't my style and am trying to be considerate. You should try be considerate to new members that are adjusting as well. My point: give me time to adjust and i'm sure i'll become a productive, beneficial member of this forum.
    I only bothered to read the 2 first and 2 last lines of that.

And I wasn't insulted in any way, so no problem 'ere.

And as Soph just said, it has always been like that. And probably always will. No need for a whole new section when we already got it settled ;3

-Love

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thank you for a descent reply Nokizaru. *bows in repect* I am glad to know you found no offence in all of this. Now that i know that normal prose can be submitted into the fanfiction thread there is no more need for this thread. ~~peace out~~

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Understandable, as it doesn't specifically state it in the description. It is, however, mentioned in the Fan Fiction forum rules. The forum itself is also packed full of original stories and poetry ^^

I think sometimes it's easy to forget how something we're accustomed to will look to a newcomer. ^_~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thank you Reiako for a reply i was looking and hoping for. Your patience is deserving of the title of a moderator.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2023 03:50 PM
    Threads

Topic closed.
    I am Jakiao - The Resident Dw33b / Forum & Chat Admin
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Thinking about asking a question in Site Issues and Questions?
    Be sure to SEARCH FIRST before making a new thread. Chances are, someone already asked!

Closed Thread

Thread Information