AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Lord of the Rings

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2006 09:04 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The Lord of the Rings

What do you think of it? You like it? Which is your favorite? My favorite is the Return of the King because it has the most action in it. Although I have always wondered why its called Lord of the RINGS when there is only one ring Frodo has in his posession.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

People who want to join so far:
    1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

The Ignored One. Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2007 11:21 AM
    I live in the wonderful place called British Colombia, Canada...it's raining again...damn.
    Threads

Wink

Yeah they are great movies. The last one is my favorite too; I think it's called Lord of the rings cuz whoever has the ring is like a Lord....or maybe not I don't know.

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lol, well thats not why I'm stumped. See, the title says Lord of the Rings, with an "s" at the end of ring, meaning its plural(more than one). I only saw him with one ring, but I think there is two. But Frodo does not carry two and he is(I'm assuming) lord of the ring. So thats why I'm stumped.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Member Wolfgear can only hope to improve Wolfgear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2005 04:43 PM
    Threads

I think lord of the rings is awesome and yeah i say the last ones best but have no clue about the s in rings i only no of one hey i no ask the author J.R.Tolkien

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Garma_Zabi
    What do you think of it? You like it? Which is your favorite? My favorite is the Return of the King because it has the most action in it. Although I have always wondered why its called Lord of the RINGS when there is only one ring Frodo has in his posession.
    Er...didn't pay attention much, did you? Frodo carries one ring, but there are more, less-powerful, rings. Perhaps there are other factors behind the title, but it stands that there was more than one ;p

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

I think the title is refering to the one ring as being the lord of the lesser rings. Since it is considered "the master ring" and "the one ring to rule them all".

I liked Lord of The Rings but I don't think it is the greatest movie trilogy since the Godfather.

As for my favourite movie, that would be The Two Towers.

Banna Split Terra has a brilliant future Terra has a brilliant future Terra has a brilliant future Terra has a brilliant future Terra has a brilliant future Terra has a brilliant future Terra has a brilliant future Terra has a brilliant future Terra has a brilliant future Terra has a brilliant future Terra has a brilliant future Terra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2005 09:11 AM
    Threads

me like LOTR the return of the king most...

family in journal

Moderator/Chat Admin Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Batteries 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 04:10 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leyzee PSN ID: Leyzors Steam ID: Leyzee

i love Lord of the Rings.. all of em. i want the whole DVD set. hehehe. Legolas is so cool ^^.. and Gollum (Smeagol) <--- at least thats how they spelled it, im not sure >_<

Signature brought to you by Balance.

Junior Member SamuraiPrincess is on a distinguished road SamuraiPrincess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2005 06:52 AM
    Threads

Wink I like

I like the whole series. I have yet to watch each movie straight through though. I got all teh movies as well as the books. My favorite chracter would have to be Legolis guess I have a thing for elves. Laters

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

I like the LOTR movies, I have seen all of them in the movie theatres. The last one was my favorite also, It had the most action, and the movie had a nice feel to it.

It's called "Lord Of The Rings" because when that ring was created, there were other, less-powerful rings created with it also. And since the "One Ring" was the most powerful, it was the lord of the other rings. You know, One ring to rule them all. Hence the name "Lord Of The Rings".

Moderator/Chat Admin Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

hehe i watched all 3 of em at the theater too. Dude, on the last one it seems like it could have ended 4 times lol... like u'd think the movie was done, then another scene pops up. it was awesome. lol...

"Myyyyy preciousssss.....!!!!" *evil laughter*!! O_O

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

Yeah in the book... (Return of the King) Frodo threw the ring in in the middle of the book... >_<

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

wha? middle of the book?? O_o

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, so the movie is just doing what the book did... XD

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

And what a coincidence!

I prefere the book to be honest.

But the movies were nifty as well

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Yeah they actually did good on the movies.... *nods*

Member Wolfgear can only hope to improve Wolfgear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2005 04:43 PM
    Threads

in the first or second movie they showed humans ,dwarves, and elves getting rings made by suron and so my guess is that he's lord of the rings

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by SGI
    As for my favourite movie, that would be The Two Towers.
    Mine too XD I did not know that. I found it most solid as a movie. The characters did not need establishing, and it didn't have to go through the pains of a finale ^^ Story all the way.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Reiako
    Mine too XD I did not know that. I found it most solid as a movie. The characters did not need establishing, and it didn't have to go through the pains of a finale ^^ Story all the way.
    Yes, the only bad part of "The Return Of The King" is knowing there were no more movies after that. It made me a bit sad really......

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok, so the Lord of the Rings is refering to the ring that frodo has to be the lord, not Frodo himself. Alright....that makes sense. I do agree that the last one ended a million times but it was all worth it in the end. I like the other ones but I'm not a fan of cliff hangers so it bothers me when I can't watch the rest of it. But thats alright, I'll own them all soon enough. My favorite character is Aragon.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Lord Sesshomaru's Flunky Predator will become famous soon enough Predator's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2005 12:18 AM
    In the trees with my thermal vision tracking device on you!
    Threads

I like The Two Towers better because it had more of a story to it. Plus I think it got a better rating. The third one was all action.
    COOLEST FORUM FAMILY
    Angelic Mother: Anonymous
    Angelic twin-sister: Negi
    Lovely step-sister: Milly ^^
    Real Robotechincal brother: Robofighter

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Predator136912
    I like The Two Towers better because it had more of a story to it. Plus I think it got a better rating. The third one was all action.
    I don't remember what happened in the second one.....I think I'll have to watch the movie again.

Lord of Chaos Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2005 08:48 PM
    Threads

The lord of the Rings was a good movie

I think the name has something to do with Sauron's dominion of the races with the One Ring

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just watched the second one last night(thus the creation of the thread). Frodo and Sam go on to destory the ring and get stopped by that dude's brother that died in the first one. Aragon and his crew of mischiefs go out to protect the kingdom of Rohan and Gandof comes back and brings an army to help out. Mary and the other fruit escape from being kidnapped by the bad guys and find living trees to help take out the enemies fortress.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Garma_Zabi
    I just watched the second one last night(thus the creation of the thread). Frodo and Sam go on to destory the ring and get stopped by that dude's brother that died in the first one. Aragon and his crew of mischiefs go out to protect the kingdom of Rohan and Gandof comes back and brings an army to help out. Mary and the other fruit escape from being kidnapped by the bad guys and find living trees to help take out the enemies fortress.
    It's all coming back to me now! Thank you very much.

Hehe, Mary and the other fruit ....That's what I like to call him too!

Closed Thread

Thread Information