AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Anime faithful to Manga?

Senior Member Moon Blade is on a distinguished road Moon Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2005 11:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Anime faithful to Manga?

As most anime fans know, most anime comes from manga. As with when Hollywood adapts a novel, changes are made. Do you think the plot of the anime should be as faithful as possible to the anime, or should the anime take a very different take on the story?

I think they should stay mostly loyal to the manga. I read the .hack//Legend of the Twilight manga before seeing tha anime, and the changes to the anime were incredible! Things like that displease me.

What do you think?

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Agreed, when they convert the mangas to animes they completly butcher them, thus ruining almost all them, there are the few exceptions, take mech animes for example, it's far easier to see whats going on and to understand when you can see how the mechanics work whilst just looking at images sometimes seem complex and hard to understand, i found that problem with Jinki:Extend even though there is no anime of it to my knowlege but you get where i'm going with this. On the most part it all depends on the manga there doing it from and also who is doing it.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Lord of Chaos Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2005 08:48 PM
    Threads

they don't always butcher the anime...lets take Naruto as an example, they made some changes to it however its pretty much the same thing, and yeah i think the animes should be somewhat loyal to the manga

Note - I did not make this....i found it on the internet.....props to whoever did make it though....

The Unknown ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2007 09:12 PM
    somewhere between heaven, hell, and all that's inbetween
    Threads

I definitely think it depends on the company. Some anime is extremely faithful to manga, while others take some serious changes with it.

Senior Member Kogoro can only hope to improve Kogoro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 08:50 PM
    Threads

Yeah, it should stay faithful. Unless they want to make a whole new one.
    That's me!

Digital Plague Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2007 10:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShadowMancerX

The anime should keep as true to the manga as possible no matter what... for example in the series Love Hina, the manga is great but the anime adaptation has many details taken out that are "manga" specific, they should keep the important details in both...
    Family
    Grease monkey heavy metal uncle Therebel
    Uncannily strong brother, Death warrior
    Geekish other Brother D-man

Member ILoveWolfsRain is on a distinguished road ILoveWolfsRain's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2005 08:46 PM
    Threads

I think it should, but the manga should stay faithful to the series..(cough* wolf's Rain Cough*) Dissapointing
    Wolf's Rain Rulz!

If You Don't Like It, You're a Baka... just kidding, but not really.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

I think they should follow the manga and not change it.Althouogh they do anyways but sometimes it turns out better when they make slight changes.Like when in a manga a moment gets very serious and it stays that way, but when it airs on tv they put a moment breaker in there.Like say in Naruto if all of the main Naruto characters got pulled to the future and the person that pulled them to the future is talking to someone from fuedal era and another fuedal era ninja walks in and asks what's this? *pulls out a buzz lightyear doll clicks a button. Buzz lightyear to the rescue.But in the manga the moment breaker isn't in there.

PS the example I gave is from my own fanfiction and I'd appreciate it if no one copied it.Thankyou very much.

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

I think the change is good. You have to change it when you are converting it because mangas are books, and anime is tv/movies. So changes have to be made in order to bring out 25 minute long episodes in a 25 or 26 episode series. It has nothing to do with faithfulness, it has to do with showing the difference between the manga and the anime.

All I need is hand grenades.

Why rob a bank? Rob a drug dealer. What are they gonna do? Call the cops?

MySpace
    http://www.Otaku-Gamer.com

[K_K]'z Death Plague Ansatsusha_18 is a glorious beacon of light Ansatsusha_18 is a glorious beacon of light Ansatsusha_18 is a glorious beacon of light Ansatsusha_18 is a glorious beacon of light Ansatsusha_18 is a glorious beacon of light Ansatsusha_18's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2007 09:44 PM
    Threads

Nothing can compare to the original art of it's original origin. There are two prostpectives, the creator of the manga and then the director of the anime. I am displeased with most anime, but at the same time, not. I love Naruto, and I love all the old shows. I just don't read the manga if I choose the show...or vis-versa

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ansatsusha_18
    Nothing can compare to the original art of it's original origin. There are two prostpectives, the creator of the manga and then the director of the anime. I am displeased with most anime, but at the same time, not. I love Naruto, and I love all the old shows. I just don't read the manga if I choose the show...or vis-versa
    Well spoken Ansatsusha_18.You reall have thought about it either or decided your opinon long befor this thread started.Nice sig BTW.

The Silent Ninja DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2006 01:02 PM
    Threads

I think most should remain faithful, but some are better changed. But I'd rather it reamain loyal to the manga.
    Don't let the darkness swallow you, but you shouldn't let the light blind you either.

made by thornwillow.

By Sailor Lunar Eclipse
    Family: In journal

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well to put it simply, for the most part, I think Animes should stay faithful to the mangas that gave birth to them. However, not every aspect and/or scene in the manga will necessarily work well in an anime form. Most animes that I've swwn change either too much. or too little from their manga counterparts. As was stated before me, mecha animes work very fluidly in moving, coloured animation rather than cramped, black and white pictures. So my answer and a yes they should remain faithful, with a hint of a there will always be exceptions.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

[K_K]'z Death Plague Ansatsusha_18 is a glorious beacon of light Ansatsusha_18 is a glorious beacon of light Ansatsusha_18 is a glorious beacon of light Ansatsusha_18 is a glorious beacon of light Ansatsusha_18 is a glorious beacon of light Ansatsusha_18's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2007 09:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSakuraEmpress
    Well spoken Ansatsusha_18.You reall have thought about it either or decided your opinon long befor this thread started.Nice sig BTW.
    Thank you ^_^ Those are my two most liked characters in Naruto haha. And thanks again, I haven't really thought about it alot, but it's the simpliest and most conclusive way of puting it. I don't want either manga or anime to be argued against or disliked..just balance it. There are different ways of producing media, everyone likes something new. thanks again

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I wish all anime stuck to the manga. Not doing so has declined the quality of many anime, such as Black Cat, Tenjou Tenge, Air Gear, and many others. It is becoming a very common trend to differ between the two, but I see it as doing more harm than good. The same applies to the mass production of many low-quality anime, as opposed to the production of several high quality anime.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

AG'S DADDY Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Leo Katana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2012 01:17 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Arosa Seijyu

I think the differences between the anime and the manga are interesting. I like to see the differences, because it seems more like a new story to me. Although I agree that the anime should be as faithfull to the originator manga as possible, sometimes the changes can shed a new light on things that manga skipped, and vice versa.

Sig and Avatar made by Sadie
    Family is in my Journal

Closed Thread

Thread Information