AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The World south or what help

♥-It's just great skyler22 is an unknown quantity at this point skyler22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2007 09:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    In the deepest corner of my mind where the true me is let loose
    Threads

Thumbs up The World south or what help

my friends and i need help so here's the question

If your on the north pole thenis every direction south i mean your on top of the worl so the only direction you can go is down so that would make it south... right or wrong??? uhh then would their be a south east and south west or a south easteast and south west west or urg yeah so ant thoughts

my frinds family and teacher have thought on this question and its still has not been answered so what do you say

Butterfly of Gadgets gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 02:24 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

hmmm that is a good question.....now im thinking about that question too....lol

Master of Jinchuu Himura Enishi is on a distinguished road Himura Enishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2005 02:04 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

direction is relative since you are not comparing it to anything, how can determine what up is in the galatic scheme of things? So really its a question with no answer, there you have it.

Member z boy603 will become famous soon enough z boy603 will become famous soon enough z boy603's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2005 06:48 PM
    Threads

Seems logical. But I would have to go there to see if it was true.
    I have many special needs. In the views of my teachers, it begins with an exorcism.

Bookworm and freak and PROUD OF IT!

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2006 08:21 PM
    Threads

ya know.... the last time i thought of a question like this i was operating under a pretty major chemical imbalance...^^;(i was messed up)

My answer: No, every direction would be either East or West. since you would be standing on the north pole, the south pole would be directly below you with the Earth between you making it very hard to go south... well unless there happened to be no ice at that location at the moment you were there... but for the sake of arguement, lets just assume there is shall we?
    However if you so much as took a one inch step in any direction the direction you would be walking would be south since it is now the shortest path to the southern axis of the world.

of course this all completely depends on which North you were referring to, True North or Magnetic North.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

-Ted Geisel aka. Dr. Suess

Close the world, txEn eht nepO

♥-It's just great skyler22 is an unknown quantity at this point skyler22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2007 09:11 PM
    In the deepest corner of my mind where the true me is let loose
    Threads

^ amazing absolutly amazing

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Depending on if you speak strictly geometrically, or magnetically, south is either up or down. From a geometric point of view, south is down, through the earth, but since we can't go through the earth we must go around it, and it may be interpeted as though south is all directions, though (and this won't make a lot of sense to people without understanding of field-lines), from a magnetic point of view, south is straight up in the sky. If you hold a compass in front of you, over the magnetic north pole, the north arrow of the compass will point down, and the south arrow will point up. Therefore up is south, and north is down, and if down was all directions in the previous case, so should north be here. So, north is all directions just as much as south is all directions in the north (and south) pole.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

AG'S DADDY Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Leo Katana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2012 01:17 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Arosa Seijyu

well heres a mind-blow for you: the North ploe actually has a negative charge at this time period, so its actually a South end of a magnet O_O warp your mind around that and then get back to e

Sig and Avatar made by Sadie
    Family is in my Journal

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Phoenix
    well heres a mind-blow for you: the North ploe actually has a negative charge at this time period, so its actually a South end of a magnet O_O warp your mind around that and then get back to e
    Well of course it has. It's the north pole because the north end of the compass points towards it (and therefore it's south, opposites attract).

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 05:36 PM
    Threads

No. Cardinal directions (north, south, etc.) are not the same as up and down". People picked a certain point on the earth and called it the "north pole". Directions are relative. Thus, every direction could be considered "up" by comparison to something else.

And even if this wasn't true, and we assume that north=up, you could still go into space. I think that would be going up.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive...... write that down.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not actually out to get you,"

This siggy made by the all powerful Nespa

Nyech was here ♥ ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2009 11:18 PM
    Threads

Well, if you were on the North Pole and had a compass then you could answer your question. I doubt that every direction you go will be south.
    Childhood Dreams are..Doodles that will never go away.
    If they can continue to be drawn..they will lead to the future you wish for.
    "Shadows are without form....thus without weakness..."

The Enforcer of the Shadow Fangs...
    [Dawnrune:Siggy Warrior5theElement:Avatar]

Closed Thread

Thread Information