AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: gundam wing

the puchuu king macus alexander bogart can only hope to improve macus alexander bogart's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2005 08:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    babel the city of eternal darkness wuwahahahahaha
    Threads

Default gundam wing

right im telling you all right noe that gundam wing is not the best gundam serise bu the bast mecha in exsistence ill admit there are other good mecha like patlabor and full metal panic but no bull shiting g wing is on top any one who disagrese with me will have heero to deal with

Digital Plague Dark_Misery will become famous soon enough Dark_Misery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2005 08:54 PM
    Threads

Dude, what's your point? We all know that Gundam Wing is the best.

Senior Member Yamcha will become famous soon enough Yamcha's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2005 10:28 AM
    Threads

I don't know about that, the earlier gundam sagas are pretty chill. Its a close call really.

"Angels that are forced from heaven have to become demons. Isn't that right, Spike?"

the puchuu king macus alexander bogart can only hope to improve macus alexander bogart's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2005 08:21 AM
    babel the city of eternal darkness wuwahahahahaha
    Threads

dark misery your right g wing is the best but im saying this to people who dont think g wing is the best like like yamcha the older gundam seriers are good but g wing is on top any one who disagres with me shall face my vengence and get a slap of dan
    Last edited by macus alexander bogart; 01-17-2005 at 03:55 AM.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 12:30 AM
    Threads

I very strongly disagree that Gundam Wing is neither the best Gundam series let alone the best mecha series out there. Quite honestly, of all the Gundam series I have seen, and I have seen nearly every Gundam series made, except for G Gundam, and I am yet to finish Gundam Seed Destiny obviously, Gundam Wing is probally the absolute worst of them.

Gundam Wing has two main flaws. The first of which is that it relies far too much on cosmetic apeal over a substantial plot and character depth. The second glaring flaw of Gundam Wing connects to the first in that Bandai made a huge mistake in trying to apeal to a female market with their "bishounen" pilots.

The cosmetic apeal of Gundam Wing showed clearly, that much like it's predecesor, G Gundam, it was a series designed essentially to sell Gundam models (The director of G Gundam confessed to this in an interview). Previously, the actual Gundam class of mobile suit was essentially a rarity, the most Gundam type suits I can recall being in the same series at once are Gundam ZZ and Gundam 0083 (With 3 Gundams a piece). While not as monsterous a Gundam roster as G Gundam, the very fact that the suits are nigh invulnerable to most weapons shows that they existed solely for a "kick arse" apeal.

Very often, episodes exist solely as filler to display how "cool" the main characters are. For example, the first major story arc of the Earth Sphere alliance really exists to display how powerful these kids are in their Gundams. The plot is also fractured due to the fact that there are essentially 5 main characters, so the story is rarely often focused, jumping far too often from one pilots "story" to the other. As well as this, the pilots themselves are single layered, often compared as being the 5 emotions of Amuro Ray/Rei, the protaganist of the orginal Gundam.

As well as this, the very plot itself is a carpon copy of the original Universal Century Saga (The Federation/Zeon conflicts). Not only that, it is thrown into a blender and poorly told.

The space colonies, feeling misrepresented by the Earth government start a war for independance. -Mobile Suit Gundam
    The war was initiated by a group who misrepresented the words of a great leader who was assasinated. - (Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing/ Zeon Zum Deikun, Mobile Suit Gundam)
    An elite faction from within the Earth's military government takes over power and effectively castrates the Earth government, and heavily opresses the colonies for it's own ends. -(OZ, Gundam Wing/Titans, Zeta Gundam)
    The main Gundam pilot has a strange romantic relationship with the younger sister of his nemesis. (Releena Peacecraft/Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing/ Amuro Rei/Sayla Mass, Gundam: Awakening, Escalation, Confrontation (The original novels))
    Said nemesis is a masked blonde man of great charisma, and even greater piloting skills. He is also the inheritor of a prestigious bloodline of great influence. -(Zechs Marqiuse (Miliardo Peacecraft), Gundam Wing/Char Aznable (Casvall Deikun) Mobile Suit Gundam)
    The leader of the militaristic faction who has usurped the main Earth government is an aristocrat of great intelligence who has an idealistic view of the world, where only the strong survive. -(Treize Khushrunada, Gundam Wing/Gihren Zabi, Mobile Suit Gundam)
    After the war, a new rebel colony faction arises. This one is lead by the highly charismatic masked blonde man who strongly believes in high, yet extremist ideals. He easily rallies the colonies behind them, launching a powerful attack involving dropping a large asteroid base on to planet Earth to force all the humans to emmigrate into space. Only a single ship can stop this attack lead by a rat tag group of vetrans of the previous battles. (Gundam Wing/ Char's Counterattack)
    After the battle, a period of peace exists, only to be shattered by a fanatical group of surviving colonists who use a figurehead leader who is the daughter of their great leader. Although she is really the puppet of an ambitious, and ruthless leader. (Gundam Wing, Endless Walts/ Zeta Gundam/Gundam ZZ (This saga goes over two series))

As you can see, there is very little done well in Gundam Wing, and what is done well, has been done before, only in a far superior manner. Even the more recent Gundam Seed has faired much better than Wing, having had it's own messages within, and it's own themes which actually make it unique. And Gundam Seed Destiny is doing even better than it's preceeding series, now that it is implementing themes from current events like September 11, the war on terrorisim and the Iraq War. It may possibly even usurp the throne of Turn A Gundam as the best alternative universe Gundam series.

I'm afraid Gundam Wing is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Gundam series.

...I eagerly await your slap in the face.
    Last edited by SGI; 01-17-2005 at 04:32 AM.

Rina'z Plague is back!! animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2008 10:28 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Misery
    Dude, what's your point? We all know that Gundam Wing is the best.
    i totally agree....gundam wing is totally the best........

^I'm a cold vanilla milkshake with poison in it.^
    ^Please take a sip.^

can you make me a siggy and avvy set?
    im collecting. pm me if you can.
    thanks!

--my collection--

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 12:30 AM
    Threads

First of all i'd like to say that while you may believe that everything said on a website is true, if you bother to look around on the internet, you may notice that half the people who have websites are complete and utter morons who should be thrown into a large furnace along with their servers so as not to grace the world wide web with their rubbish.

And as I may or may have forgot to mention, the only reason that Gundam Wing even tries to mirror the events of the original Gundam sagas is in a petty attempt to try and lure fans back with a plot of "simmilar nature".

Finally, since your only means of proper rebuttle is a petty and rather childish attempt at insulting me, I am forced to conclude that you have no real evidence to base your argument and therefore have nothing of substance to say.

Senior Member SetoKaiba is a splendid one to behold SetoKaiba is a splendid one to behold SetoKaiba is a splendid one to behold SetoKaiba is a splendid one to behold SetoKaiba is a splendid one to behold SetoKaiba is a splendid one to behold SetoKaiba is a splendid one to behold SetoKaiba's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2007 06:16 PM
    Here... no wait there.. or maybe over there... I'm not really sure :o
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by macus alexander bogart
    screw you ******* regardless of what you think g wing is the best gundam show there is if you bont belive me you can ask the several thousend g wing fans or viset one of the many thousend g wing websites. You may come off all smart and witty but i know your just a sad act with nothing better to do than piss me off and bad mouth g wing
    Look kid if your gonna argue at least learn to spell, secondly there are thousands of fans and sites for any gundam series so your argument carries no weight

☃ Snowmen! ☃ Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2009 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I'm closing this topic, because its intent is simply to attack people with opinions different than your own. Please refrain from this in the future.

Closed Thread

Thread Information