AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Medias Res II -The Darkness of War-

Senior Member Zamemon is on a distinguished road Zamemon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2005 12:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

The man followed haldir down the corridor.He smirked and looked at him "Correct my fine fellowed friend" he laughed and said quesitivily "Say how did you know I was a mercenary?"He cocked his head slightly to the right as he said this.He then turned hi attention to the walls of the castle and murmered "So klea is living good I see".He then thought about the pouch and the thief.
    Definition of war: Shoot em' all and let god sort em' out....

Senior Member Ayumi will become famous soon enough Ayumi will become famous soon enough Ayumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2005 10:19 AM
    Threads

*Luxurious and warm, the fire crackled behind a pretty crystal fire screen setting the glow of rich reds, greens, purples and blues spilling into the room. Seated again at her dressing table, Queen Klea allows her Ladies to brush her very long silken red curls all the while she writes some letters to various generals and diplomats.
    Klea had leaned poise and control on her mother's knee, thus she did not to much as tap her foot impatiently lest it be taken as nervousness. She had to learn of who was spying in her palace and the only man who could root out such an able spy was her favored Ishamel. She rises abruptly and motions to her maidens to dress her quickly.
    Once robed in a gown of ebony and gold, such that it gives her an air of gravity and seriousness, granting a paleness to her already milky skin and a softer glow to grey eyes lately gone charcoal to black from wrath, grief and fear. The gown itself it cut in a fashion which allows the Queen's light form to move swiftly and to make the most of her gracefulness in dancing and walking. Such a gracefulness is followed in her coifure, a delicate and elegant mound of curls which allows stray locks to spill around her face and down her back, the rich color of her hair a perfect setting for the pale jewels in her crown.*

"I will have a Quick word with Mia before we enter the Great Hall.. Please see that she is suitably ready for the State Dinner. .. Oh where is my Akako... Isabelle, please find her!
    My dear Ariadne... is there anyone to see me otherwise?"

*The girl steps forward and settles in a deep curtsy as she speaks to the Queen*

"Nay Your Grace... But if my ears do not deceive me, I hear footsteps approaching belonging to the Elf and some stranger who walks in the manner of a privateer."

*Very pleased by her Guard's talents of observation she nods and signals to her ladies as she exits her dressing room and seats herself on her favored chair. Settling her skirts around her, Klea folds her hands on her lap, over a ivory and black silk fan and fixes upon her face a very regal expression.

With a nod from her Queen, the Guard opens the chamber door and steps out to curtsy to Hadir and his Mercenary companion.*

"Video et Taceo"
    - Translation- "I watch and I am silent."
    "I could not love thee, dear, so much Loved I not Honor More."

Master of the forest haldir-the-elven-warrior can only hope to improve haldir-the-elven-warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2005 11:25 AM
    Threads

Haldir looked at the figure then turned back looking forward. "Everyone has a different sence that seperates them for example i senced you were a mercenary for i have been around many other mercenaries that had the same sence," he answering his question. He was a very gifted elf with many abilities at his disposal. "And the way you said you were not here to shed blood gave it away as well," he said with a smile. 'I must find the neko and paresa for she could get sent to ishamel', he thought to himself as he walked through the opened doors to the queen. "Queen Klea you have a man who wishes to speak to you," he announced then bowed and left in search of the neko.
    HALDIR LIVES ON THROUGH ME
    Land of Baren, land of eagle, land that gave us birth and blessing, land that called us ever homeward, we will go home across the mountains, we will go home, we will go home across the mountains, hear our singing, hear our longing, we will go home across the mountains.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The figure knods to haldir as he steps through the chamber doors he sheathes his blade.He steps in and looks around at the rom his face shadowed by his hood.The figure then turned his attention to Queen Klea.He grins and bows going onto one knee he says in serious yet some what happy tone "Good evening".He stays on one knee pulling out his roses and says smirking "I bought these for the lovely queen Klea" he held them in his left hand still on his knee.

Queen of the Airheads ^,~ Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2006 03:17 PM
    Threads

One of the queen's guard steps out and tells her that she is to meet the Queen at the State Dinner, and to be present in proper attire.

Mia sighs and takes her leave. She always felt akward in a dress, but she would be loyal and carry out the queen's wishes.

She returned to the guards chambers and entered her room. She pulled out the fanciest dress she owned and laid it out on the bed. It was a beautiful white dress that was very slimming with a long trail on the back of it. She took out matching gloves and heels and set them next to it. Then she prepared her own bath. After riding in the forest for some time, she was certain she needed one.

After taking her bath she got dressed and put on some light makeup. Not to overdo it, but at least to look more formal than her usual attire. She was always a natural beauty, but when she took the time to dress up she looked extravagant, something that surprised her when she looked in the mirror. She blushed at her own reflection. Smiling, she was eager to go to the dinner and recieve her new mission.

Senior Member Ayumi will become famous soon enough Ayumi will become famous soon enough Ayumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*Seeing who her guest is, Klea laughs with surprise and happiness.*

"My eyes see with much joy to gaze upon an old friend. I hardly know who to scold for not informing me that it would be you to come to my service."

*Reaching out to him she motions him closer so he might take her delicate hands, both dressed in intricate gold with black diamond and pearl jewelry to match the fine black silk and real gold thread embroidery of her gown.
    Not having seen her in years, Deo can see that Klea has become what early girlhood had but hinted at. A pretty child she had been and now the prettiness had bloomed into an elegant lovelyness from tip tilted rain colored eyes, high cheekbones, fine aristocratic nose and sweetly curved lips to form a face fit for poetry and music.
    Still, the young man can see the same fragility and daintiness and though time and learning had shaped her figure and the sharpness in her ever intelligent eyes, he well knows the girl inside the woman who smiles at him now.*

"Come closer so I might know you better again Deo... You and I have not known each other in so much time and mores the pity for it... Come closer..."

"Video et Taceo"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

deo stepped up and walked over to klea with the hood still over his head.He stopped infront of her and takes her hand and kisses it gently.He then flipped his hood down grinning "Its been awile my dear friend" he looks around the chamber and said "Well it looks like you are living well" he smiled and handed her the roses.He undid the clip to his cloak and let it hang of his shoulder as he looked once more longingly at the room and the things in it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*Noting her old friend's wistful expression at the state of her Private Audience chamber, something like sadness touches her eyes and she turns her hand in his to touch his cheek.*

"I live well because I am well and I am well because I have friends to share my wealth with. You know you are always welcome in my home Deo... You will see that there are few things I lack.."

* Klea holds back a faint sigh at the thought of those very few things she does lack and her great grey eyes grow to a soft rain color before returning to a sharper stormy hue. Allowing her fingertips to brush each of Deo's cheeks for a fleeting touch which confers strong and familiar affection she smiles warmly.*

"You have come my friend in a time when it is dangerous to be allied with the Queen of Medias res. Though you have been paid to be in my service, as your friend I would not for the world cause you any more strife. If you wish to leave for elsewhere there shall be no reprecussions and I would hope for your return merely as friend, courtier and perhaps favored noble.
    You chose the path of the freewheeling mercenary but you are still a prince in my eyes Deo... I do not forget Noble blood and will situate you in whichever of my houses you fancy, deeding it to your name and granting you a title. Regardless of your choices in the here and now I am ever your friend."

*Queen Klea's eyes watch in that quiet way as she waits for him to speak.*

"Video et Taceo"

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Ishamel walked through the courtyard of the palace, he had only minor difficulties in entering the palace. There was one guard at the gate, obviously still new, and quite young. He smiled sharply to himself, remembering when his commerade informed the poor kid on who it was he was pointing his halberd at. A soft, cold chuckle escaped his lips as he pondered to himself, whether or not the poor kid had finished changing his pants.

As he entered through the large heavy doors to the main body of the palance, his eyes followed a noblewoman. The lady was of high rank in one of the higher houses of the kingdom. His eyes followed her stance, she was obviously in a great hurry. His mind noted how rare it was to see a lord or especially a lady in any way, shape or form. Their petty code of elegance often dictated to have a passive, near apathetic attitude for anything. He could see the shiver run through her body as their eyes met, and she made for a much more obvious dash. His lips turned into a cruel smirk as he nodded to her, his own way of aknowledging that she is a target. The lady will definately lose sleep tonight.

As he rose up the next set of stairs he quickly made his way to the Queens chamber, as the guard steps in front of the door to block his way he shakes his head laughing. He had to give it to these guards, they certainly were loyal, if not stupid. Placing his hand on the guards halberd he moves it to the side. "Her Majesty knows I am here anyway, it would be useless even to knock." Moving the guard aside he opened the door walking in silently closing it behind him. His eyes noted that she was already in conversation.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*The Young Queen smiles at Deo even as she feels a long familiar presence wash over her sences. Her slender form sits back in her throne as she ever so slightly moves her lips, as though tasting the air.
    Bright blood red curls sway slightly in the movement of her head as she looks up and dimples at the site of Ishamel entering her audience Chamber. Some carefree joy touches her eyes, deepening their color to a grey that includes a breath of amethyst... the color of summer rain. Motioning for Deo to rise she gives him an apologetic look.*

"My friend, I fear that matters of state are calling. When you wish to answer my query I will be eager to hear you. Find me..."

*And with an affectionate touch and a nod she rises to her dainty feet and motioning to Ishamel, swiftly moves into another room so she may speak privately to him, casting a smiling glance at Deo as she goes.

Once the door is closed she turns to smile at Ishamel*

"I am Gladdened by your presence and that you chose to exercise forbearence in the treatment of my Maiden. You always do arrive just in time... I am greatly afeared that there is an agent within the lands of Medias Res and even in this very Castle. An Agent who seeks the destruction of us all.
    Tell me my Shale... Will you do what is to be done? May I ask of you that which you do best? Many things are to be feared, including you, but I have never feared that you would fail me in anything... I would trust you with my life and more importantly the lives and safety of this nation."

*Standing before him, he can see how very much her ability to hold in expressions and even emotions has improved... She learned well from him... And yet to his eye he can see that she is very afraid for all in her Kingdom and very agrieved for the losses of her allies abroad. It must be strange to one such as him... She is not afraid of him, not in the least, but afraid of things that he can protect her from.

Klea reaches out with dainty hands to him in a silent plea for that which he has always offered her... Comfort and a chance to be frightened as Queens are never allowed to be.*

"Video et Taceo"

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Ishamel smiles and takes the Queens hand bowing his head politely. He nods his head with a gentle somewhat fatherly smile.

"You can always find comfort within me, you know that. But, the task is going to be more difficult than finding some petty rebel. I will do my best, but I cannot garuntee I will be able to unearth every weed."

His eyes narrow as he seems lost for a moment in thought. His eyes seem to wander as he calmly readjusts his cloak. He seems rather embaressed but his composure quickly reforms.

"It also seems the nobles are on a razors edge, I think that they are going to cause the greatest concern. Their power games and struggles will come to a head. There is going to be a witch hunt among them. And it is not going to be pretty. I know that the structure of alliances and powers may shift in unusual way. Your Majesty, you will have to be extra careful in judging who allies and enemies are going to be."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Deo watched Klea leave and he sighed as he thought to himself.He pondered the words Klea had said so it was in his hands know.He could leave or he could do his job.He knew Klea had paid upfront for his services so he knew that leaving would mean dodging the risk or injury.He thought about this and then almost hit himself in shame.How could he be thinking that?No he would stay and protect Klea.As a mercenary...as a friend.He looked at the door her and the stranger had passed through and he looked around for something to sit on as he waited for her to return.He thought about how he would say that he would say that he would be staying even through the danger.He sat on the floor pulling his cloak over his head in deep thought.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*Just as Ishamel takes her hand, her whole posture relaxes and listening to him she nods gravely.*

"It is as I have feared. You are indeed a comfort to me dearest Shale... I don't think I would know what to do without you... My Nobles shall fight and I cannot know who I shall be able to trust. For all I know they all plot against me."

*Closing her eyes she presses her mouth to the back of Ishamel's knuckles in a gesture customarily shared by only the most trusted and closest of friends. Her eyes still closed she then curls against him, hiding her face against his shoulder, her nose tucked in as she had done when she was a very young child.Klea breathes in his familiar scent and uncurls the knot she has carried in her stomach for days.*

"Shale.." She whispers..."Shale..."

"Video et Taceo"

The Cannibal Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2011 09:49 AM
    Threads

Akako finally found the Queen in a room with Ishamel. The neko had searched for her mistress for awhile, all the while dragging the thief who was still picking stuff up as they passed display shelves. By now the neko was fed up and cranky.

She marched in, not even acknowledging the man, and stepped between the two.
    "Mistress, this kender was caught in the east wing corridor with a bunch of stuff in her bag. Stuff she stole from the castle. And she broke into the castle!" exclaimed Akako, her large ears completely flattened against her head and her tail whipping angrily about.
    "I say death! Death to the intruder! Off with her head!"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*Slightly startled, Klea glances down at the Neko and her mouth twitches slightly in amusement. Her delicate hands remain in Ishamel's but she speaks to her favorite pet soothingly.*

"Ah that's a dangerous foe you've there with you Aka... No doubt deserving of harsh punishment. But Dear Aka, she is a kender and Kenders tend to pick up what ever pretty things they see with no true evil, malicious or greedy intent. They simply like to touch everything the way children do.
    Now then... Shall we be merciful?"

*Smiling still, The Fair Queen is very glad that all items in her castle are enchanted to return to their correct places with the full turn of the sun and the moon. She knows that whatever the Kender took that was not given as a gift will simply return itself.
    Her Bright grey eyes are as the neko knows indicates a carefree happyness in the Queen, a happiness that rarely shows itself anymore, in this they are now the color of the warmest summer showers... Pale grey that breathes translucent amethyst*

"Video et Taceo"

Master of the forest haldir-the-elven-warrior can only hope to improve haldir-the-elven-warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Haldir stood in the shadows as he listened to the queen talk to her favorite pet. "No one ever listens to me," he muttered as he watched them. 'Why is she so angry at a mere kender what did she do to her,' he thought to himself while fiddling with his knife again. He walked to Deo while sheathing his knife. "So your names deo," he said standing next to him. He was wondering why he didn't tell him his name but he might have his reasons. "Allow me to introduce myself I am haldir of the woodelves i'm sorry i did not introduce myself earlier.
    Land of Baren, land of eagle, land that gave us birth and blessing, land that called us ever homeward, we will go home across the mountains, we will go home, we will go home across the mountains, hear our singing, hear our longing, we will go home across the mountains.

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

Pasera twitched whith rage as the neko shouted to her mistress. To call a kender a thief is a base insult, much like calling a knight a mere mercenary. She spun around to give the neko a piece of her mind, but the queen interfered just at that moment. It was at times like these when the world should be extremely grateful for the very low concentration Pasera possesed. For when the queen spoke, the young kenders atention imediatly switched to the queen. When she finished speaking, Pasera noticed she was holding hands with one of the persons she had seen before. She wondered.......

"Hey mister, are you her boyfriend?"
    RPG bios (click for more info):

Queen of the Airheads ^,~ Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2006 03:17 PM
    Threads

Mia sighed, tired of waiting for the dinner to come. She was sitting on her bed, staring off into space in her fancy, uncomfy clothes. I bet nobles feel like this all the time. She had never known her family, she was found when she was just a child, and had worked harder than most to reach her place as a member of the queen's guard. Luckily for her the Queen had shown her compassion, something that she had never been used to in her 16 years of life. That is why she felt she owed the queen her life and was indebted to serving her.

Mia sighed yet again, and then decided to take a walk around the palace to pass some time. She found passing the palace chambers. She heard the voices of the queen and her neko, also a stranger whose voice she hadn't heard before. Then she heard the voice of Ishamel. Hmph so he finally showed up. Looks like I might be seeing some acton soon...

She made her way past the chambers and through the other halls in the palace. She looked down at the rings on her fingers and bumped into someone. She found herself looking into the eyes of an elf and a man who appeared to be a mercenary. "Hey who are you guys and what are you doing here?" she demanded

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Deo looked up ay haldir.He then rose to his feet and said "It is no problem Haldir,I do not mind."Deo sighed and looked around.He then thought about the kender and the pouch she posesed.He looked back at haldir and said quesitivily "Say what was with that kender?And her pouch?."He looked away and thought about what haldir had said about her.Why was he defending her?He brushed these thoughts aside as he thought deeply.He was glad that haldir had not heard Klea.He looked around then zoned out in deep concentration.

The Cannibal Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2011 09:49 AM
    Threads

One of Akako's ears twitched as it slowly returned to its normal position, soon followed by the other one. It was almost impossible for the neko to stay mad when the Queen talked like that. However, she didn't want to appear too nice in front of the kender.
    "Fine," Akako said, adding a growl. "She'll be shown... mercy." She looked at the kender, eyes set in a stern stare. The neko could come up with no threat or reason to be angry with the intruder after her mistress' speech, so she just pushed past the group and stomped out of the room, muttering,
    "I need warm milk."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Haldir was about to answer Deo's question but thats when Mia ran into him. "I'm sorry," he stopped seeing Mia for the first time. He couldn't put his finger on it but he swore he has seen her before. "I am seriously sorry my lady i did not mean to be in your way," he said seeing her in noble like clothes. When she asked them why they were here and who they were he said "I am haldir second in command of the woodland elves and the loyal servant to the queens of medias res." He bowed politely then said "and may i ask your name?"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Deo ignored Mia at first as he thought about other matters.It wasn't untill Haldir spoke up that he said "I am a mercenary" he pulled his cloak shut as he he looked back at her and saw that she was wearing some what noble clothes.He looked at her for a while then spoke up."And who might you be?" he asked.He looked up at haldir and he pulled his hood over his head looking away."A friend of yours perhalps?"

Senior Member Tora_No_Unmei has a spectacular aura about Tora_No_Unmei has a spectacular aura about Tora_No_Unmei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2005 09:03 PM
    Threads

The squire in training sighed deeply. Guarding was always such boring work. There was never anything to do. All she did was stand in one spot and watch the hall around her. It seemed as though she were only here to get her out of her training masters hair with her massive amount of energy. She'd been proding him all afternoon to teach her some new skills and soon found herself learning on, ithe patience and guarding skill.

Ofcourse Quinn hated it. She hated being in one position for a long time. Her leg had started to cramp. And seeing no one within view, she shifted to stand on one foot and doubled over to rub out the cramp before returning to position.

She wearily brushed reddish brown hair out of her bright green eyes, searching the hall again,"Why'd I get stuck with the dead hall? No one seems to come down here."

She'd been stuck by her training master in some dead silent corner, probably so that she wouldn't be a bother to anyone of higher rank passing and also teach her patience of guarding the hall. She knew there were other guards, real knights and guards, not squires, just down the halls out of sight. But when she'd spoken to them before, they hadn't replied. They seemed to think it below them to treat a squire with any kindness, a female squire at that.

As to take the newest impending cramp out of her other leg, she lifted her weight to rest on her toes of one foot, placing the displaced weight on her staff.

Ofcourse she wasn't armed with only a 'staff', she also had her long sword strapped to her hip, the handle easily accesible since her tunic was tucked behind it.

She scratched at an itchy area of her ribs, trying to do it when no one noticed her and when no one was coming,'Not like anyone is EVER coming down this hall....'

OOC: I thought I should finally post....before I get caught behind that is..heh. I hoped to talk to Jimbo before I posted, but he hasn't been on.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*Jean Louis dressed himself in the manner his mistress preferred. He was not of very high birth, the fifth son of a Country Viscount generally was not allowed to wear the clothes fitting for a Duke... Provided he could even afford them, yet here he was, allowing his valet to help him into a dress shirt the color of snow and having voluminous Poet's sleeves (the kind his father had refused to allow his sons to possess as they made use of a high quantity as well as quality of material than he could really want to pay for.) which are now all the rage in Gentlemanly fashion.

His elegant grey and gold brocade coat is fitted over his swiftly widening shoulders and a gold and sapphire stickpin is added to the ruffles of his cravat, starched stiff and ivory hued to compliment the soft cloudlike appearence of his shirt.

Even then he was not complete. Not until his soft grey breeches are donned as well as stockings ( long dress socks for men) and then the shoes made to the latest tastes in court fashion.

Indeed, he thought to himself, his clothing at least fits the part of the Title the Queen had given him for now he is a Duke. His clothing is right and Klea had taught him all the rules on how to behave like a high noble... Yet inside he is still the simple, lighthearted man free of the ambitions and corruption of court as he had always been.

Jean Louis knew he was regarded with no small amount of envy, both from the court at large as well as his own family. His family having been as large as it is, there was nothing left for him to inherit. His Eldest brother would get the old family manor and surrounding land, his other brothers would divide up the rest. The most his father could offer him was a very small handful of coins and enough influence to make him a place at Palatina as a page when he was almost four years old.

No one knew how very fortunate it would be for him. The first few days had been difficult, the other much larger boys had beaten on him and he had been given the most unwanted tasks. But fortune had been on his side when on the fifth night of his first days in the palace a very young princess had pulled a much larger boy off of him and had tended his wounds.

Apparently she had heard his screams as she had been wandering around the hallways for inability to sleep. Her heart, so very tender and kind, had taken a liking to him and ever since she kept him close to her side and favored him in every proper attention. For her birthday present some four years ago, Klea had requested to her parents that he be given a more substancial title. Jean Louis imagined that her parents were glad to agree as it would be unfitting for the future Queen to continue to associate with a young noble of much lower rank.

Shaking himself back to the present he wanders down the Ivory halls and down the corridor where he spots the squire Quinn standing. Jean Louis straightens his posture and bows elegantly to her in the gallant courtly fashion reserved for Countesses or higher.*

"Fair Evening to thee my lady... How haps it that I should happen upon you in a dark and silent corridor when it is obvious that color, pomp and glory are much better suited to you?"

*Klea smiles down at her pet's retreating tail with obvious affection and calls after her.*

"Warm milk? You shall spoil your appetite for supper my sweet... But if you must do so, be certain you are served your treasured creme and not any other for I believe you deserve a treat."

*Laughing gently she turns smiling eyes to the Kender.*

"Ah now my young kender, that is a very personal question do you not think? Particularily so as you speak to the Queen. But tell me, how would you like to see the Royal gardens and menagerie? There are some fantastic creatures there... some of them dangerous as well if you are not too frightened of such things."

*While she attempts to distract the Kender she continues to hold Ishamel's hand, feeling security in the touch. He has always been to her what a very young child's teddy bear is to the child and more. Where others could attempt grand assurances and deeds to grant her a feeling of security, the mere touch and nearness of him just simply makes her feel safe.

Klea's delicate fingers curl around Ishamel's hand as she waits to see what the kender will do. Unpredictable as they are she knows that they are generally harmless if impulsive and eager to prove that they are not afraid of anything.*

Last edited by Ayumi; 01-26-2005 at 08:43 AM.

"Video et Taceo"

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

Pasera blushed and scratched her head nervously. Had she realy been talking to the Queen like that? Come to think of it, it was a bit of a personal question. But people normaly don't hold hands like that, she just had to ask!

It was at times like these that Pasera cursed her curiosity.

"Uhm.... I guess I should apoligize, but the two of you look so cute together. Anyway, what was that about the gardens and menagerie?"

The Queen explained again, nad Pasera's eyes widened with excitement.

"Wow! I can't wait to see that! I have never seen a royal garden before, what kind of creatures do you have?"
    RPG bios (click for more info):

Closed Thread

Thread Information