AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you played Rome:Total War yet?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 50.00%
  • No

2 50.00%
Closed Thread

Thread: Rome:Total War

Junior Member stiLLoTaKu_36 is on a distinguished road stiLLoTaKu_36's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2005 10:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Red face Rome:Total War

i have no idea if there is a thread on this already but whatever.

this game brings strategy games to a new level. the great graphics and detail on every unit is amazing. well.,.. the campaign is great fun to play. at the beginning tho... you have to play the tutoral, it can be annoying... because those popups at the top left keep coming up haha. but yeah afta you get past that then you will get to play the imperial campaign. at first 3 fractions (races) but they are all roman, but they have different features. and when u win a campaign you get some more fractions. another feature there is in the game is the battles you get to fight. the individual men on the field moving up and down on the map charging or routing (running away). there are so many fractions you can use, each fraction with their unique army. thats the battle graphics. another thing is that the AI (computer player) is not bad, they will give you a run for your money. one disapointing thing i think is the videos of the game. the graphics for it are the same as the battle graphics, not better. well anyway the game is great. with extremly good ratings from other gaming sites. Rome: Total War is for PC only. So you need a excellent gaming graphics chip.

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

I think this is a great game, it's different from all the 'build a big army and smash your enemies' games (also know as tankrush) that are out there because this game focuses more on tactics. I suppose there are people who question what I say here, but picture this: I encountered a horde of 900 barbarians whith 300 of my own men, clasmates said I was doomed, but I had them running and lost only 200 men. The Gauls were all killed.

Only one thing, what do you mean by 'you have to play the turorial?' I didn't have to, I could play the campaign right away.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i have no idea then... cuz i had to play the tutorial thingy first... sigh.

Member cookerman is on a distinguished road cookerman's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2005 06:51 PM
    Threads

sounds fun. . . . but what i don't understand is why isn't it basically a tank-rush strategy game. . it sure sounds like one

can some one tell me otherwise???

whats so different about it???
    Look Out . . . Flying Cows

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well the game is all about strategy rite.? and cookerman, if you go to torrences he'll show you that he loves to just rush an all peasant army with his elephants... its G. well newayz when u play your main objective is to kill, but have little losses. so what you do is, you use horses to break up troops from the side or back and you also use archers to get rid of those pesky suys with those long spears and dogs to scare troops. another thing, when you always run n charge, youre men lose their energy and later, they will slow down. ill post sum more later.

Member cookerman is on a distinguished road cookerman's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2005 06:51 PM
    Threads

thanks Mr. Otaku :P

you helped clarify the game a bit

but i still havn't played it yet. . . :'(
    Look Out . . . Flying Cows

Closed Thread

Thread Information