AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manga Popular?

Junior Member Everlasting is on a distinguished road Everlasting's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2005 07:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Manga Popular?

Do you think manga is as popular as it should be? I mean, not a lot of people know about manga, even though it is said that manga has been spreading quickly. I think it hasn't been treated as it should be.
    "Always try to make new friends--"

quote by my mom, my hero

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 01:30 AM
    Threads

Manga will grow in popoularity and fade as the next big thing comes. Frankly, i'm very happy with anime/manga forever being a niche market. The more mainstream it becomes, the lower the standards become in translating and we will be treated with the likes of Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon while quality titles are ignored. I'm happy with the industry peaking at this point.

The Hotsprings Hotty! Hotsprings_Shinobu will become famous soon enough Hotsprings_Shinobu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2005 10:40 PM
    Threads

peaking? The industry is an $11 Billion dolar industry. and It is still growing! I dought very much that the popularity of anime and manga is nowhere near peaking! Like Everlasting said. Not many peeople know about it. So anime and manga have alot of room grow. I believe that anime and manga will be here to stay. like WB or Diesney.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2013 12:08 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Manga's the same as comics. There's certain types of people who are into it, and certain types of people who would rather just sit there and watch a movie instead of read a book. It's popular, don't get me wrong.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

THE WING MAN wing 7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past wing 7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2006 10:49 PM
    Threads

Mnga is bigger in japan then the us, so i think it will grow but it isnt great to read manga as much as watching the anime. I know alot of people thik manga is better i disagree.

The Hotsprings Hotty! Hotsprings_Shinobu will become famous soon enough Hotsprings_Shinobu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2005 10:40 PM
    Threads

depends on the series. if it is going from manga to anime the mange series is usually better. But if it's going from anime series to manga then usually it's the anime that's better. It all depends of the series.

Junior Member Everlasting is on a distinguished road Everlasting's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2005 07:19 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsprings_Shinobu
    peaking? The industry is an $11 Billion dolar industry. and It is still growing! I dought very much that the popularity of anime and manga is nowhere near peaking! Like Everlasting said. Not many peeople know about it. So anime and manga have alot of room grow. I believe that anime and manga will be here to stay. like WB or Diesney.
    Maybe you're right. Maybe manga/anime are going to remain here as long as time will take us, but I'm not trying to say that it's leaving. I'm just saying maybe it's peaking, as said before. To make it short: I think it's peaking, but it's still here to stay.
    "Always try to make new friends--"

quote by my mom, my hero

Almost Infamous[♥] DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2011 01:52 PM
    Threads

Manga's arent that popular. I made a fan comic that spent a fortune and it was pretty well done and the story was so special to me, but in the end no one bought it and I was so sad.

[ True*Poet ]

Junior Member InuLove1 is on a distinguished road InuLove1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2005 04:58 PM
    Threads

[B]hey but if people didnt like it we wouldn't be able to buy it right?I love the fact I can at least buy it somewhere near my house.right?

Junior Member InuLove1 is on a distinguished road InuLove1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2005 04:58 PM
    Threads

[B]hey but if people didnt like it we wouldn't be able to buy it right?I love the fact I can at least buy it somewhere near my house.right?

Junior Member Yugi's#1girl is on a distinguished road Yugi's#1girl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2005 11:12 PM
    Threads

Manga definitely isn't as popular as it should be. Most anime fans don't seem to understand that the series leaves out things that the manga has. The distribution of manga may be one reason why people don't know much about it. Here I know of 2 places you can buy manga out of like a few hundred stores and things there are very few that sell manga. I think that if more stores would sell it and display it prominantly that it would become more popular.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 08:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yugi's#1girl
    Manga definitely isn't as popular as it should be. Most anime fans don't seem to understand that the series leaves out things that the manga has. The distribution of manga may be one reason why people don't know much about it. Here I know of 2 places you can buy manga out of like a few hundred stores and things there are very few that sell manga. I think that if more stores would sell it and display it prominantly that it would become more popular.
    Yes, yes, yes, i completly agree although there was a thread on this called 'Anime vs Manga' and manga was winning, had like 30 votes i think, can't remember, i'm not gonna give some long paragraph just so people will ignore it, but it's the roots, it's uncut, and it's better!
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

The Unknown ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2007 10:12 PM
    somewhere between heaven, hell, and all that's inbetween
    Threads

Manga is basically Japanese comics, and like anything, will have those that like it and those that don't. I guess it depends on where you live if you want to talk about popularity (it's popular where I am). As for how popular it should be: why generalize it? There's so many different types that saying that it should be popular is like saying a certain type of music should be popular. Ir may gain in popularity, it may lose (and I'm pretty sure it will do both), but like anything else, what happens will happen. I still like it though.

Former Anbu Assassin Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2008 08:27 PM
    Threads

manga will grow alot soon

Lovely Siggy From Felicci.91

"In the world of ninja, those who don't follow the rules are scum, that's true. But, those who abandon their friends are worse than scum."

Little Goth Girl kitsuna is an unknown quantity at this point kitsuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2005 09:55 PM
    Threads

yupo i think that everyone should at least give it a chance. Most people at my school say they hate it without even trying it

~Kitsuna~
    I hate you all.
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I pretend to be."
    I scare people.

The Unknown ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2007 10:12 PM
    somewhere between heaven, hell, and all that's inbetween
    Threads

I have a problem with that, people saying they don't like something without trying it. The ONLY time I don't have a problem with it is when it crosses into something you consider sacred. Seeing as how manga more than likely doesn't fall into that category, it just gets annoying, people judging it when they don't know what they're talking about!

GO GO BATMAMZ!! Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2010 06:18 AM
    hmm....i forgot....let me get back to you on that.
    Threads

lol, manga is very popular. yet in my school, a lot of people don't take it out in public and read it. They call the people who read manga and watched anime, "anime freaks".
    -.-;;; Like i care, they all know me as the artist. blah. But thats besides the point! Manga should be treated like any other book. And yea! Plus its interesting to read. Also your voc. list expands more. and they said that reading "comic" books won't teach you anything. But Manga is not a comic book. It's a Japanese comic book, so theres a difference! (better pictures and story-lines)

Creator Of Dreams Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:48 PM
    Threads

Im an anime freak and proud of it. I dont see many people with manga ate my school but i like it. But like you guys said it will get more popular.

~Made by Gandizzl~

No, your face! samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 02:26 PM
    Threads

the less popular it is the better for us...what i mean is, the less people buy it, the more us the manga fans will have to choose from
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

<3 dai's property ~dai Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2007 02:06 PM
    Threads

i have many how to's on manga... and i am collecting manga Rave Master ^_^... i love manga... i want to have more! that should be good for us if it does get unpopular... i will be able to find manga... *Sneeze*steal*sneeze* excuse me...
    The Sins of my Past will Drive my journey to my Purity in the future...
    I am on a long journey to redeem myself of Bad Rep...

It's Humbling yet pathetic...

Even if it's a small step, it's still progress, no matter how you look at it.

Member onibur23 is an unknown quantity at this point onibur23's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2007 05:49 PM
    Threads

I don't think distribution is a problem cause in every major bookstore here like Barnes & Noble and Borders manga is sold. Though I do think the price for manga is a turn off.

Little Miss Shinigami ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2008 05:01 AM
    Threads

Thumbs down

Noooooooo! None Of My Friends Had Even Heard Of Anime Or Manga B4 They Met Me!

We think a flower on a cliff is beautiful
    because we stop our feet at the cliff's edge,
    unable to step out into the sky
    like that fearless flower

- Kubo Title, Bleach, Volume 12

My Fanfiction
    My deviantART

is on the wander ^^ VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2006 11:10 AM
    Threads

it may be true about the distribution problem.
    in my country the distribution's quite well. but they would put more effort for children and shoujo type manga as they can draw more attention for the income. as the high quality manga that contain something children may better not see are restricted to be published, but it's the reason then many illegal publisher take their effort to publish those. and thus become problem and.... ah I don't know

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 04:33 PM
    Threads

the lower the standards become in translating and we will be treated with the likes of Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon while quality titles are ignored.
    How is this not happening now?

Any way, manga/comics are still a niche market and will likely always be that way. Comics were MUCH more mainstream not thirty years ago. But thanks to declining interest, and other sources of engrossing fanatsy readily availible such as video games an tv comics have become passť so to speak. It doesn't help the comics have become very expensive case and point a single manga can cost 12$ or more. American comics are generally cheaper but they have a problem all there own. U.s comic are ludicisly self indulgent. You have these ridiculously long story arcs that span hundreds of issuses leaving newbies to that comic totally screwed. One of the reasons I stopped buying u.s comics.

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 02:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

Manga is basically Japanese comics, and like anything, will have those that like it and those that don't. I guess it depends on where you live if you want to talk about popularity (it's popular where I am). As for how popular it should be: why generalize it? There's so many different types that saying that it should be popular is like saying a certain type of music should be popular. Ir may gain in popularity, it may lose (and I'm pretty sure it will do both), but like anything else, what happens will happen. I still like it though.

I agree, here in holland manga is far from populiar atlist i never saw any comic laying in any store around here. We are mostly in donald ducks, tina and some pony magazine. i woulden't mind if some store sold it, now i have to borrow the movies froms friends not bad but still a own little collection would be nice. The only japanese movie i have seen in a store is puca and i am not even sure if thats kwalified as anime.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information