AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: American Dad sounds a lot like Family Guy...

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default American Dad sounds a lot like Family Guy...

Something’s been kind of bugging me, so I thought I’d bring it up on one of my rare appearances.

American Dad is coming out in February. So are more episodes of Family Guy (June). Apparently, they are both airing on Fox and CN about the same times.

What bugs me is how much American Dad sounds like Family Guy. I mean other than Meg and Peter, they sound exactly the same.

American Dad Cast:

Stan Smith - Stan works for the CIA, and is constantly on the look-out for terrorists. He loves his family and will do anything to protect them, and his country.

Francine Smith - Stan's wife, she has had a past life of drugs, but she has carefully hidden her party-girl personality for the sake of the conservative man she loves. She met Stan after college.

Hayley Smith - The teenage daughter of the family, currently attending community college. Despite her father's best efforts she has turned out to be a left-wing liberal. Stan loves his daughter, but that doesn't necessarily mean he trusts her.

Steve Smith - The dorky son, he tries to act cool, but fails. Steve is on the verge of puberty - but he just can't quite make it. His low social status sometimes leads him to taking drastic action - but no matter what he does, he's just a dork.

Roger - A sarcastic alien rescued by Stan from Area 51. He resents not being allowed to leave the house, so has resorted to drinking wine and smoking cigarettes.

Klaus - A German-talking goldfish, he was a CIA experiment that went horribly wrong when they tried transplanting a German man's brain into a goldfish. Klaus lusts after Francine, and will take any opportunity that comes his way.

I mean really. Talk about derivative. Anyone else as apprehensive about American Dad as I?
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

*loves Excel* BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2005 06:11 AM
    Threads

Yeah, I noticed this as well. American Dad seems such a rip off of Family Guy, but it will never be as popular as it.

-BladeWing.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Freshman= W00t W00t!! Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2005 07:14 PM
    Threads

That Roger person in American Dad sounds alot like Brian the Dog from Family Guy....O.o...whoa!!! But keep this in mind, it will never be as popular and funnier than Family Guy.

Staple Sauce *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2006 03:53 PM
    Threads

It's made by the same people, that's why it's the same... While I agree it is a useless copy, it still sounds funny... Hehe...
    "And after the fall of man, these monkey f***s'll start wearing our clothes and rebuilding the world in their image. And only those as super smart as me will be left alive to bitterly cry - 'You Maniacs! D@mn yous! Godd@mn yous all to h*ll!'"
    -Jay (Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back)

"Minh, it's finally happening! Bobby Hillbilly is marrying hillbilly cousin! You owe me five dollars!"
    -Kahn (King of the Hill)

Digital Plague Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2007 10:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShadowMancerX

thats what it is, the characters even look the same lol, it'll still be a good show though... i hope.
    Family
    Grease monkey heavy metal uncle Therebel
    Uncannily strong brother, Death warrior
    Geekish other Brother D-man

Biiiingo! Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Octopus Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2015 08:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, its the same producers. Its just a "spin-off" from Family Guy.

Make your voice heard! Vote Kyo for Trash Bin Moderator.

the ninja guy ninjaStan will become famous soon enough ninjaStan will become famous soon enough ninjaStan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2005 06:30 PM
    Threads

i know but it's never gonna be as funny as family guy

p.s. american dad is premeiring the same time as family guy, which is may first. not june or feburary
    Last edited by ninjaStan; 04-18-2005 at 10:27 AM.

aka Cherry Blossoms! cblssms will become famous soon enough cblssms will become famous soon enough cblssms's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2005 01:40 PM
    Threads

Yeah, but Family Guy is better! Oh yeah! I also want to say Happy Birthday Manhatten_Project_2000!! ^_^
    Sister : CKY_SinkIn2TheUnderground - [email protected]
    Brothers: meatwod3 - bladesilver1234 - lucifer666
    Loved Little Brothers: tao_bason05 - sephiroth33 -
    naota n. - cameron
    Aunt: Wolf_Charmer

Member Dunne is on a distinguished road Dunne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 05:46 PM
    Threads

I think it makes too much of a critical situation but it probably is funnier now since Family Guy got back on the air (has it?) I think it is probably more stuctured than Family guy becasuue a character actually has an occupation.

GOD'S IN HIS HEAVEN. ALL'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD. MECHAS RULE ALL

Senior Member WatermelonX will become famous soon enough WatermelonX will become famous soon enough WatermelonX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2014 11:59 PM
    Threads

I noticed as well. It's obvious. But I will always like Family Guy because Stewie is the ****! ^_~

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

It's another cheap ploy to attempt to market off of people who become mindless addicted to some things.. Example: Stewie. The sheer number of Stewie products being churned out is mind-numbing.
    So, why not attempt to make more money off of the same crowd?
    The episodes of American Dad they did show , were just horrid.

They destroyed the whole joke system. A joke is only funny if people understand it the first or second time through, if you have to walk someone through it; Then it is not funny. Or if the joke runs on too long without getting to the point, it's not funny.

If Fox wants to do spin-offs, they should go back to That 80's Show. At least that had promise.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Senior Member SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2010 11:11 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo x Kusanagi
    Yeah, its the same producers. Its just a "spin-off" from Family Guy.
    pretty much. Doesn't mean that the show would come of crappy.

Girl With No Purpose Kaoru217 is infamous around these parts Kaoru217 is infamous around these parts Kaoru217 is infamous around these parts Kaoru217 is infamous around these parts Kaoru217 is infamous around these parts Kaoru217 is infamous around these parts Kaoru217 is infamous around these parts Kaoru217 is infamous around these parts Kaoru217 is infamous around these parts Kaoru217 is infamous around these parts Kaoru217 is infamous around these parts Kaoru217's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2011 12:29 PM
    Threads

american dad and family guy were created by the same creator! Seth Mcfarland!

~Lovely sigs by my best friend~
    ~DizzyElf~

Senior Member Silver_Star_of_Darkness is a jewel in the rough Silver_Star_of_Darkness is a jewel in the rough Silver_Star_of_Darkness is a jewel in the rough Silver_Star_of_Darkness is a jewel in the rough Silver_Star_of_Darkness's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2007 08:00 PM
    Whangdoodleland (if you don't know where it is READ THE BOOK!!!)
    Threads

American Dad does sound a lot like Family Guy. The producer proablly wanted a more interesting kind of T.V. show. A lot of people like Family Guy so how about making a more exciting updated verision of the show to attract teens.
    Time going one way...
    Life going another...
    Forgotten in the middle...
    Waiting to be remembered...

Tao the Great tao_bason05 is a jewel in the rough tao_bason05 is a jewel in the rough tao_bason05 is a jewel in the rough tao_bason05's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2006 01:54 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhatten_Project_2000
    Something’s been kind of bugging me, so I thought I’d bring it up on one of my rare appearances.

American Dad is coming out in February. So are more episodes of Family Guy (June). Apparently, they are both airing on Fox and CN about the same times.

What bugs me is how much American Dad sounds like Family Guy. I mean other than Meg and Peter, they sound exactly the same.

American Dad Cast:

Stan Smith - Stan works for the CIA, and is constantly on the look-out for terrorists. He loves his family and will do anything to protect them, and his country.

Francine Smith - Stan's wife, she has had a past life of drugs, but she has carefully hidden her party-girl personality for the sake of the conservative man she loves. She met Stan after college.

Hayley Smith - The teenage daughter of the family, currently attending community college. Despite her father's best efforts she has turned out to be a left-wing liberal. Stan loves his daughter, but that doesn't necessarily mean he trusts her.

Steve Smith - The dorky son, he tries to act cool, but fails. Steve is on the verge of puberty - but he just can't quite make it. His low social status sometimes leads him to taking drastic action - but no matter what he does, he's just a dork.

Roger - A sarcastic alien rescued by Stan from Area 51. He resents not being allowed to leave the house, so has resorted to drinking wine and smoking cigarettes.

Klaus - A German-talking goldfish, he was a CIA experiment that went horribly wrong when they tried transplanting a German man's brain into a goldfish. Klaus lusts after Francine, and will take any opportunity that comes his way.

I mean really. Talk about derivative. Anyone else as apprehensive about American Dad as I?
    yeah! i saw American Dad on fox and it's just like family guy! but more funnier than family guy!

You mess with the best and you die like the rest!

http://www.zombienewsnetwork.com

ROCK LEE SAN mike2yang will become famous soon enough mike2yang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2006 08:34 PM
    Threads

Ya it does. You could compare the characters together and they will seem the same.

Rock Lee sig maded by ~DizzyElf~, Thanks
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) pm me if ya wanna b in my family!

Sanjuro, not an Aeon Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2006 10:01 PM
    Threads

It's made by the same people and probably has the same writing staff. Hell, Stan is voiced by the same guy who does Peter and Stewie.

I think it's a funny show. It's not quite as funny as family guy, but it's still good.

Ich brauche Zeit, kein Heroin, kein Alkohol, kein Nikotin, brauch keine Hilf, kein Koffein, doch Dynamit und Turpentin. Ich brauche Geld fur Gasolin, explosiv wie Kerosin, mit viel Oktan, und frei von Blei.
    Eine Kraftstoff wie Benzin

Member samuraiguy45 is infamous around these parts samuraiguy45 is infamous around these parts samuraiguy45's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2005 11:32 PM
    Threads

no, the same voice of brian is stan smith. i like the family guy 1 wher h e fought the chicken, the newew 1
    "You underestimate the power of the dark side"

if u hate me or sumthin i did,personally email me at, say how u feel bout my atitude and wat i do, hate, me, like every1 else
    [email protected]

It's all in the name heartless love is infamous around these parts heartless love is infamous around these parts heartless love is infamous around these parts heartless love is infamous around these parts heartless love is infamous around these parts heartless love is infamous around these parts heartless love is infamous around these parts heartless love is infamous around these parts heartless love is infamous around these parts heartless love is infamous around these parts heartless love is infamous around these parts heartless love's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2005 08:50 PM
    Threads

Well duh they're made by the same people
    Go ahead and make my day.

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

kinda sound harsh heartless love

yeah they are made by the same people.
    Last edited by Gizoku; 07-12-2005 at 03:50 AM.
    Derp.

Sacrificial Suicide Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2008 03:10 AM
    Threads

umm made by same people ....

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.

ZG: I <3 'chu, idiot. Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2010 03:28 PM
    Threads

Yep, Made by the same people..Family Guy is better though..
    -FMA18-
    New signature soon, hopefully. =3

Digital Plague cowboydemon666 is a jewel in the rough cowboydemon666 is a jewel in the rough cowboydemon666 is a jewel in the rough cowboydemon666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2006 08:59 AM
    Next door to the small mining town known as "Wilmette" (heh)
    Threads

family guy is better, but i still like american dad...

>Family is in mah Journal<
    ~PROUD MEMBER OF THE BISHIES HUNTERS CLAN~
    ^
    *OWNER OF DAISUKE NIWA*

back to the old Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 07:54 PM
    Threads

They're made by the same people. Thank you korea.

AnimeFiend VRini87 will become famous soon enough VRini87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2006 01:33 PM
    A place full of hicks, fried chicken, and bad teeth...Georgia, of course. Nah, I love GA
    Threads

You couldn't call it a "spin off" because the two shows share no common characters. The characters are basically the same, but there are a few differences. Pour example, Stan is as dumb as Peter. Francine is the housewife who appears to have been a {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted} in her younger days. However, the daughter and the son are not really like Meg and Chris. Steve is a genius where Chris is completely retarded, though they are the same age and they both are unpopular. Hayley is attractive while Meg is supposed to be ugly (I really don't see how Meg is considered to be ugly, she looks like a combination between Lois and Peter. Yet, everyone thinks Lois is just beautiful). However, the alien is like Brian and the fish is like Stewie, then again, they're sorta interchangeable. The show is okay, I might get one good laugh outta each episode. The show seems to be created for fans of Family Guy by the producers of Family Guy, but it really doesn't come close. Why would any want to watch American Dad, when you can watch an almost identical and funnier version of the same show.
    "A woman is like a tea bag, you cannot tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
    - Nancy Reagan

Closed Thread

Thread Information