AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guitar players unite!!!!!!!

that's a stoggy wiener Krazy Dave is on a distinguished road Krazy Dave's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2004 11:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Guitar players unite!!!!!!!

I was wondering who all here play the guitar, I have been playing guitar for 19 years now in the fine tradition of Thrash/Speed Metal. I am 25 years old at the moment, I started playing when I was 6 years old and have been pretty intense over all these years with bettering myself.Currently i've been playing the bar sceans around my area as a solo act, I have disks with bass,drum and sometimes secondary guitar tracks I made myself. I don't go soft or relent my hard edged style because not everyone likes it (no ballads here), if they don't screw'em.I am true to what I love and that is my craft, it tends to weed out the true metal heads from the "posers".I can play alot of things and several differnt styles, but I am at my best when playing stuff from Ozzy or Megadeth ect, and my own stuff as well.It is very nice to get older people that enjoyed my playing asking things like "where did you learn to pick like that or, I wish I could play like that".It gives you a sense of accomplishment.So far I own 7 guitars and one accoustic, my accoustic is a 1930 Manhattan hollowbody arch top.My others are....starting from my #1 on down.

#1. Is my Jackson Kelly professional model Made in the USA,dark metalic purple allmost black,electric purple in the light.It is equiped with a Floyed Rose pro tremelo and locking nut,all black hardware,eboney fingerboard(fretbored) with sharktooth inlays all along the neck done in mother of pearl.It is equiped with Seymour Duncans a Jazz in the neck and a distortion in the bridge.It is a bad *** guitar and my current favoright.
    #2. My back up guitar,is my Gibson Les Paul Custom.It is antique white withcreme binding all gold hardware, also it had block inlays done in mother of pearl on an eboney fingerboard.It is a great guitar with a very sweet robust tone with searing high end and a bone splintering low end with balanced mids.A big plus for me is, it looks EXACTLY like Randy Rhoads' old LP.
    #3. Is a model I bring out now and then, it is a guitar that I built from scratch in my home(yes at the time I used a belt sander in my house!!)The body I copied a bit from the Les Paul that I used to have, the neck is anything but a LP though. I made it thin like a Jackson and also the headstalk is shaped differntly.It is a bad bad instrument to play, it sounds and plays like no other.

The other guitars I have are shop projects, either they were given to me, or I picked them up at a good price at pawn shops.
    The amps I play thrue are Marshalls, namely a Marshall half stack with and all tube 100 watt head.
    As for my effects, I have several distortion pedals I rarely use mostly because I like the raw distortion that I can dile in from my Marshalls.Other than that I own compression/sustainer pedals a few wahs and chorus pedals.
    Currently I am saving up my money to get a guitar built by Jackson, it is a custome designe I made up a few years earlier.Gonna cost around 5-7000$
    Dreams give a life-long chase, if you aim to the highests star YOU can imagin, then your bound to come close in some way if you try your best.Don't BS yourself, and don't BS me.

Dedicated in the memorie of Sammi Curr.Jan 1st 1958-Feb 27 1995.

that's a stoggy wiener Krazy Dave is on a distinguished road Krazy Dave's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Any takers?
    *lights up a marlboro*
    Dreams give a life-long chase, if you aim to the highests star YOU can imagin, then your bound to come close in some way if you try your best.Don't BS yourself, and don't BS me.

Vash the Stampede FusionGTX is infamous around these parts FusionGTX is infamous around these parts FusionGTX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2004 03:28 PM
    I am Vash the Stampede! I live on a desert planet where I am a lone gunman.
    Threads

I am trying to learn AFI - Wester and there are a few hard rythems and chords in that song

Guitar kicks *** I have a fender stratocaster Red.. My older brother plays in a christian band a local one.. And his is a black fender strat

Ive been playing guitar for 5 years

Senior Member DarkGundamPilot is on a distinguished road DarkGundamPilot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2006 04:01 PM
    Threads

I can play the intro to 1/3 from Rurouni Kenshin and Marilyn Manson's Sweet Dreams. I'm only a beginner -_-;;;;
    "SQUIRRELY WRATH!"

Vash the Stampede FusionGTX is infamous around these parts FusionGTX is infamous around these parts FusionGTX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know the mario bros 3 theme song

Senior Member DarkGundamPilot is on a distinguished road DarkGundamPilot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2006 04:01 PM
    Threads

Does anyone know a good website to get tabs?
    "SQUIRRELY WRATH!"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

mxtabs.net

guitarworld.com

Staple Sauce *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2006 03:53 PM
    Threads

http://www.mxtabs.net has Musician Forums too... My brother goes there... It's a forum full of idiots, I'll say that much...
    "And after the fall of man, these monkey f***s'll start wearing our clothes and rebuilding the world in their image. And only those as super smart as me will be left alive to bitterly cry - 'You Maniacs! D@mn yous! Godd@mn yous all to h*ll!'"
    -Jay (Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back)

"Minh, it's finally happening! Bobby Hillbilly is marrying hillbilly cousin! You owe me five dollars!"
    -Kahn (King of the Hill)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That sounds like this one ^-^

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2013 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

umm...excuse me, hon, but let's watch what we say in front of me. 'K?
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Member ILoveWolfsRain is on a distinguished road ILoveWolfsRain's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2005 08:46 PM
    Threads

Umm, I tried to play guitar. Not very easy. I actually drum. I can drum the whole Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme. But that's off topic. (sorry) I used to guitar, now I don't. I could do some metallica, but that was all.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well all great musicians started out as beginners, nothing wrong with that! If you work hard enough, keep dilligent and truley love the guitar you can one day rise to become a real shredder.I can play alot of stuff with fair ease I couldnt before, and to tell the truth I love playing fast thrash/speed metal nowadays.A few of my faves to play are.......Suicide Solution off the randy rhoads tribute album. Another is I love to play alot of Megadeth......songs like 'Wake up Dead,The Conjuring,Devils Island,502,Hanger 18,and the Mechanix.
    But guess what? You'd figure it would take me forever to learn to play s#it like this, well thing is....I don't know a single note. I rarely referr to tabliture, onley in cases where i'm having trouble finding the key a song is in.I learn and play all by ear, I learn songs faster but it has taken a while to train my ear to hear and decipher everything on whim.But now it was all worth it cause, now I can get up on a stage at a bar and play the stuff as if it were the guy's who wrote it.Thing is though, in my area, you'll be very hard pressed to go anywhere in terms of getting known and "making it". I have started not to care, I just love playing.

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2006 11:11 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Dave
    Well all great musicians started out as beginners, nothing wrong with that! If you work hard enough, keep dilligent and truley love the guitar you can one day rise to become a real shredder.I can play alot of stuff with fair ease I couldnt before, and to tell the truth I love playing fast thrash/speed metal nowadays.A few of my faves to play are.......Suicide Solution off the randy rhoads tribute album. Another is I love to play alot of Megadeth......songs like 'Wake up Dead,The Conjuring,Devils Island,502,Hanger 18,and the Mechanix.
    But guess what? You'd figure it would take me forever to learn to play s#it like this, well thing is....I don't know a single note. I rarely referr to tabliture, onley in cases where i'm having trouble finding the key a song is in.I learn and play all by ear, I learn songs faster but it has taken a while to train my ear to hear and decipher everything on whim.But now it was all worth it cause, now I can get up on a stage at a bar and play the stuff as if it were the guy's who wrote it.Thing is though, in my area, you'll be very hard pressed to go anywhere in terms of getting known and "making it". I have started not to care, I just love playing.
    nice! i admire your decision! unfortunately, i had no choice in the matter... since i severely damaged 1 of my ears... its a miracle it still works actually...
    ive been playing for 3-4 (?) years now... im diong pretty well... but i refuse to do any cover songs! if i hear a piece of a song that interests me, ill learn that morcel, but i wont learn the whoal song!

well thats not entirely true... the only songs i would consider doing a cover of, is Jason Beckers stuff... probly eleven blue egyptians for starters... its not as intensive as perpetual burn or concerto (can we say ZOMG!?)

recently, ive been experimenting alot with tapping and false harmonics (pinch harmonics if you prefer)... i found that by muting the string with your palm for just the right amount of time, u can get a pinch harm out of it while tapping...

Also, if any 1 knows anything about this amp, i would b most obliged!

http://spaces.msn.com/members/on-a-w...02_owner=1&_c=
    I wish my grass was emo...

So it would cut itself...

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I play. Im pretty damn good for how long I've been playing (1 1/2 years) and I have most of eruption worked out by ear. now Im working on altitudes by Jason Becker.

I gots a Brown sunburst Les Paul.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    I play. Im pretty damn good for how long I've been playing (1 1/2 years) and I have most of eruption worked out by ear. now Im working on altitudes by Jason Becker.

I gots a Brown sunburst Les Paul.
    a noble endeaver!

altho, getting the right sound for that song can b a pain in the arse...

i was thinking of hoaxing my friend to learn marty's part in "the ninja", but i doubt he'd b up to it... hes more into thrash anyway

Former Anbu Assassin Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2008 07:27 PM
    Threads

goo guitar tabs web sites.
    Ultimate-guitar.com
    taborama.com
    mxtab.com
    anim e places t oget guitar tabs
    smoos guitar
    ill post later but i love playing meh guitar ^^

Lovely Siggy From Felicci.91

"In the world of ninja, those who don't follow the rules are scum, that's true. But, those who abandon their friends are worse than scum."

Junior Member bored is on a distinguished road bored's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2005 06:34 PM
    Threads

I have started playing the guitar. I have been playing for 3 months not that good yet.

Old School Till' The End Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2007 06:04 PM
    The Land That Time Forgot, The Home Of Lost Hero's.
    Threads

Bt the gods......I had been a part of forums before.I guess I had forgotten I was part of this one as well, dosnt look like I stayed long though humm.Well in any case,linda wowed to see this lmao, had to have been BURIED lmao! My banners are cool though!
    Sure, I live in the 80's. But the majority of 80's guitar players are more talented than most today, who do you think inspired who you listen to to play guitar in the first place knucklehead?Respect your elders!
    Hell Bent Till The End

http://www.stormfront.org

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Master Of Shred
    Bt the gods......I had been a part of forums before.I guess I had forgotten I was part of this one as well, dosnt look like I stayed long though humm.Well in any case,linda wowed to see this lmao, had to have been BURIED lmao! My banners are cool though!
    indeed! nice pic selection! the grayscale 1 is noiiice

.k.i.s.S. japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2006 01:56 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by FusionGTX
    I am trying to learn AFI - Wester and there are a few hard rythems and chords in that song

Guitar kicks *** I have a fender stratocaster Red.. My older brother plays in a christian band a local one.. And his is a black fender strat

Ive been playing guitar for 5 years
    haha~ cool a fender strat huh

hm..dunno how long ive been playin but its not even a year...im learning to get better in reading tabs...but im so poor in strumming sukcs..
    im just ever desperate to get better that OPM's ira cruz of bamboo and darius meneses of PNE...ohh and i wanna be better than santana hahah~ lol me *as if *

xXhardcoreXx<3Guinny You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2005 03:05 PM
    Threads

19 Years?! Nice man. I play the guitar, but I perfer the drums.
    <Me
    Ive been waiting for so long to hold you in my arms Embrace forever my sweet girl

Let it go A broken heart a broken heart don't feel so bad But she looks but she looks so good Let it go A broken heart a broken heart dont seem so bad Take a breath not another word but she loots but she looks so good it
    hurts

Old School Till' The End Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2007 06:04 PM
    The Land That Time Forgot, The Home Of Lost Hero's.
    Threads

Yeah,20 years now.I used to be all about 8 hours a day for practice, until I went and studied at GIT and Musicians Institute and well 8 hrs a day is plain useless.In any case I have a thread about learning the guitar and the craft of making music, so go refer to it if you need any tips or help in anything.
    Sure, I live in the 80's. But the majority of 80's guitar players are more talented than most today, who do you think inspired who you listen to to play guitar in the first place knucklehead?Respect your elders!
    Hell Bent Till The End

http://www.stormfront.org

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Master Of Shred
    Awesome sig. Randy Rhoads is probably my Favorite guitarist. him and Yngwie.
    but guitar is probably the most fun I could ever have and ever will have.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2006 07:05 PM
    Threads

I play, but I play Classical mostly and soft rock songs from the 70s early 80s. I'm weird...*shrug*
    #1 reason for Kage Bunshin no Jitsu: To clean Moku's house

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mokulen22
    I play, but I play Classical mostly and soft rock songs from the 70s early 80s. I'm weird...*shrug*
    actually, learning classical music is the best way to learn how to shred... because its so much more complicated than the music coming out nowadays...

if you got a link to a complete tab of hall of the mountain king lemme know!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information