AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Islamic court in Canada

The weasel God sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 08:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Islamic court in Canada

It has been proposed awhile ago by islamic groups in Ontario (Canada) that an islamic court should be created to ensure muslims to be judged by their own laws. Of course, this court would have limited power, and could only give advice over familial and commercial cases, but still. And the worst is that it is almost accepted. Isn't it worrying?

More generally, in our oh-so-democratic western countries, state and church should be two totally different entities. Should. Now I wonder, how come can a society as "advanced" as ours accept to be ruled by religion? Slow down a little on demagogy, be realistic, or else give a ballot paper to God and let it choose.
    -I have an hangover and two liters of coffee in the body: I'm at the top of my efficiency.-
    If I love trains it is probably because they go faster than burials.
    The best thing about weasels is that they don't turn into pickles when they are you.

The Ignored One. Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2007 11:21 AM
    I live in the wonderful place called British Colombia, Canada...it's raining again...damn.
    Threads

that's horrible. They are in a new country now, they try to give them as much religious freedom as possible and still they want more. I think this is really, really stupid. Crime is crime, you are in a new country and you should abide by their laws not your own. I mean what if they kill another non-islamic person and they are taken to Islamic Court? How would the ruling go...would 50% be judged by Islamic Laws and the other 50% by Canadian laws? Maybe I'm confusing myself....but Canadian Laws need to spend their time on other subjects...like that whole minor law thing....I feel that no matter how old you are you should go to jail....

The weasel God sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 08:26 PM
    Threads

The main flaw of Canada is that in its acceptance of everything, it doesn't not know how to say "no" anymore.

This court would be able to deem over commercial and familial conflicts. For the familial part, we all know that in most countries and cases, the kids are under the mother's guard, etc. But we are also aware of how it would be under an islamic judgement. The same for divorces; they'd be far more hard to obtain, if it is the woman who asks for it. I do not wish to re-write the Shar'ia, nor to forbid islam in an autocratic fight for freedom, but things like that really annoy me.

I think that in France, they got it right, although it might be a bit harsh; forbid all, –ALL–, religious signs (including crosses) in public institutions. Religion is a personal thing that shouldn't interfere with public and political entities.

Edit: More generally, how can people still vote according to their religious allegances? (I could have named a country, but let's not enter in an endless blue against red debate)
    Last edited by sjøpølse; 12-26-2004 at 03:53 PM.
    -I have an hangover and two liters of coffee in the body: I'm at the top of my efficiency.-
    If I love trains it is probably because they go faster than burials.
    The best thing about weasels is that they don't turn into pickles when they are you.

The Ignored One. Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    I live in the wonderful place called British Colombia, Canada...it's raining again...damn.
    Threads

yes, I fully agree with you. But I am going to touch on a little topic: The President, Bush....he's sorta messing up cuz he's a religious man himself. Like one example is that they have a program for young people who have drug problems, it's a place of peace, comfort and guidance to rid them of drugs. Yes, it sounds good and all but this is a religious place, you must be a Christian to join....they say that homosexuals and Muslims...etc. can join but they say that if they truly want to stay and receive the treatment they'll have to convert their religious ways....so they'll forcefully turn you straight and forcefully make you a Chirstian!! The people who work at these places say things like..."yes, we welcome all who want this program, but sooner or later you will realize the true way of life, the true way of Christianity and how jesus is the answer to all of lives problems..." I mean that's just plaing stupid. Bush used to be an alcoholic (gee that explains alot) and he claims that God was the one thing that helped him overcome this hardship. Now, it sounds like if I'm attacking religion, I'm not. I myself am a Roman Catholic (not a super dedicated one, but I sometimes go to church on Sundays...*gasp*...can you beleive?), I'm just stating how politics and religion should be left alone....

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ansjos
    I think that in France, they got it right, although it might be a bit harsh; forbid all, –ALL–, religious signs (including crosses) in public institutions. Religion is a personal thing that shouldn't interfere with public and political entities.
    Unfortunately only very large crusifixes. Which is kinda hipocritical of them.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2006 08:21 PM
    Threads

the way i figure it as long as federal and state law can overrule their court... it doesnt really matter. in fact wouldnt the islamic court system be kinda pointless?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

-Ted Geisel aka. Dr. Suess

Close the world, txEn eht nepO

Master of Jinchuu Himura Enishi is on a distinguished road Himura Enishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2005 02:04 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

ridiculous..........don't want to get judged by a countries laws, DONT LIVE THERE! Being Christian, though I dont remember exactly where, it even says in the Bible to obey the laws given by government/rulers, why should anyone be exempt from laws?

Ich liebe dich ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____'s Avatar
    Gil
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 05:47 PM
    Threads

When my dad lived in Germany, he obeyed German laws. When he lived in Thailand, he obeyed Thai laws. One must always obey the laws of the country that one is living in or visiting.

(my dad wanted me to post that.)

That really is stupid. You can't just force a country to make adjust their laws so you can have your own. no matter where you are, you have to follow the laws of that country.

Angelic elf Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2009 08:44 AM
    Threads

I think that it's wrong.
    and it would be death for many women. It would pave the way for onor killings and violate some of our own laws.

sig made by me

Gundam mad little brother - "red"

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

maybe i'm wrong but it sounds to me like all they are doing is adding more laws for themselves not negating the already existing laws.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

Angelic elf Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2009 08:44 AM
    Threads

okay...honor killings break the murder laws. it's not classed as justifyable homicide.

sig made by me

Gundam mad little brother - "red"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why do i feel like i'm beating my head into a brick wall here...?
    heck, i think i might make more progress against the brick wall. ><

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Pakachu
    Why do i feel like i'm beating my head into a brick wall here...?
    heck, i think i might make more progress against the brick wall. ><
    I know how you feel, I really know how you feel....

Closed Thread

Thread Information