AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Does Nintendo need new ideas?

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2006 09:04 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Does Nintendo need new ideas?

Alright, I am a fan of Nintendo since they have had great casts of characters for a long time now that I have grown up to love. But as I look back to when I was 4, I don't really see many new faces of Nintendo. Mario has become way too overly used with too many Mario games til it sickens me. Like Tennis, golf, Mario parties 1-99, its rediculous. Mario, Zelda, Metriod Prime, and Donkey Kong has mainly been there prime characters, but what would be wrong with bringing in new sets of characters, new games that they can be in and adored by the new age of gamers. What do you think? Maybe I'm too harsh and they should just stay with what works, but they could grow alot more than what they actually are.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

People who want to join so far:
    1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

I love Lucy I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2007 01:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Garma_Zabi
    Alright, I am a fan of Nintendo since they have had great casts of characters for a long time now that I have grown up to love. But as I look back to when I was 4, I don't really see many new faces of Nintendo. Mario has become way too overly used with too many Mario games til it sickens me. Like Tennis, golf, Mario parties 1-99, its rediculous. Mario, Zelda, Metriod Prime, and Donkey Kong has mainly been there prime characters, but what would be wrong with bringing in new sets of characters, new games that they can be in and adored by the new age of gamers. What do you think? Maybe I'm too harsh and they should just stay with what works, but they could grow alot more than what they actually are.
    i agree with but those are the character that made nintendo get so big.
    If i have talked to you on aim under the sn zeldafreakmaster plez im add shencj16 to ur list.Thaxs and have a great day

"I Love You Lucy and you Know i would die for you!!!"

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination or parish in Hell

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default I agree

But most of them are being used too excessivly, mostly Mario and Zelda. Mostly Mario after that.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Senior Member Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2006 07:09 PM
    Threads

Nintendo has managed to make every new game vastly different from the ones before it though. that has kept all the franchises fresh and constantly evolving. a software company need not make a new franchise if they already have million unit sellers existing.
    Nintendo has some of the most recognized and loved characters in all of video games, and to just drop those for unknown entities would be devastating to sales IMO. XBOX really hasnt got a history or any loved characters to fall back on, so it has to rely on constant influx of new characters to keep the console fresh. Nintendo and sony obviously have some heavyweights on their side and Sega has sonic. hundreds of millions of dollars go into the marketing and creation of those icons, and to just throw them away now would be horrible business sense. Similarly, the research that goes into making a new character/franchise is a very risky move for an existing company with successful franchises.
    currently watching:

Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
    Mahoraba Heartful days
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Ichigo 100%
    Full Moon Wo Sagashite
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    School rumble
    UFO Princess Valkyrie
    Somedays Dreamers
    Burst Angel
    Disgaea
    Ouran high School host club
    Yami To Bushi to Hon No Tabibito
    Shuffle
    He Is My Master
    Mahou Shoujo Tai
    Welcome to the NHK
    Yumeria
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Rozen Maiden

That should keep me busy for a while @-@

I love Lucy I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Innotech
    Nintendo has managed to make every new game vastly different from the ones before it though. that has kept all the franchises fresh and constantly evolving. a software company need not make a new franchise if they already have million unit sellers existing.
    Nintendo has some of the most recognized and loved characters in all of video games, and to just drop those for unknown entities would be devastating to sales IMO. XBOX really hasnt got a history or any loved characters to fall back on, so it has to rely on constant influx of new characters to keep the console fresh. Nintendo and sony obviously have some heavyweights on their side and Sega has sonic. hundreds of millions of dollars go into the marketing and creation of those icons, and to just throw them away now would be horrible business sense. Similarly, the research that goes into making a new character/franchise is a very risky move for an existing company with successful franchises.
    i know what u mean all the way.
    If i have talked to you on aim under the sn zeldafreakmaster plez im add shencj16 to ur list.Thaxs and have a great day

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination or parish in Hell

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Good point

But I'm not saying to drop them all together, but kinda squeeze them in there. Maybe have a spin off of a game character, and no, not another Diddy game. Like have a game all about one of the side hero's of Zelda doing his only little thing aside from the whole Hyrule scene. Or just invent something fresh that is equally as loved as the others. I don't know, I just get tired of seeing all the same games out over and over.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Senior Member Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2006 07:09 PM
    Threads

But I'm not saying to drop them all together, but kinda squeeze them in there. Maybe have a spin off of a game character, and no, not another Diddy game. Like have a game all about one of the side hero's of Zelda doing his only little thing aside from the whole Hyrule scene. Or just invent something fresh that is equally as loved as the others. I don't know, I just get tired of seeing all the same games out over and over.
    Well they sort of did that with Gamecube, in the form of Pikmin, but that hasnt really caught on.
    currently watching:

Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
    Mahoraba Heartful days
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Ichigo 100%
    Full Moon Wo Sagashite
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    School rumble
    UFO Princess Valkyrie
    Somedays Dreamers
    Burst Angel
    Disgaea
    Ouran high School host club
    Yami To Bushi to Hon No Tabibito
    Shuffle
    He Is My Master
    Mahou Shoujo Tai
    Welcome to the NHK
    Yumeria
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Rozen Maiden

That should keep me busy for a while @-@

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i love pikmin

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (> <)

The Ignored One. Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2007 11:21 AM
    I live in the wonderful place called British Colombia, Canada...it's raining again...damn.
    Threads

Default Yes!!! They Do!

YES!! Nintendo really needs new ideas. I think Nintendo is awsome, they always make fun, enjoyable games (a little kiddie sometimes).
    I wish (and don't get mad nintendo fanboys) that Nintendo would go the route of Sega and just make games for other consoles, Imagine playing a brand new Metroid on Ps2 or even X-Box? Anyways they keep re-using the same characters, like donkey kong, zelda, metroid and ofcourse Mario. They should create a whole new character.....like Pikmin that game was cool. But don't get me wrong, the games they DO make with the overused characters are always great!

Senior Member Zake is on a distinguished road Zake's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2005 09:44 PM
    Threads

well from the looks of it, nintendo is running out of ideas, cause the games are geting shorter and really easy :S

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

they do need some new ideas, but they need to keep making games with the good old trademark characters as well. mostly kirby, that little guy rules ^_^

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

Member Cloud_strife1984 has much to be proud of Cloud_strife1984 has much to be proud of Cloud_strife1984 has much to be proud of Cloud_strife1984 has much to be proud of Cloud_strife1984 has much to be proud of Cloud_strife1984 has much to be proud of Cloud_strife1984 has much to be proud of Cloud_strife1984 has much to be proud of Cloud_strife1984 has much to be proud of Cloud_strife1984 has much to be proud of Cloud_strife1984's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2005 05:02 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood
    they do need some new ideas, but they need to keep making games with the good old trademark characters as well. mostly kirby, that little guy rules ^_^
    yeah i agree they need some new ideas and characters but they should keep the old characters aswell

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Variable_Gunbuster
    YES!! Nintendo really needs new ideas. I think Nintendo is awsome, they always make fun, enjoyable games (a little kiddie sometimes).
    I wish (and don't get mad nintendo fanboys) that Nintendo would go the route of Sega and just make games for other consoles, Imagine playing a brand new Metroid on Ps2 or even X-Box? Anyways they keep re-using the same characters, like donkey kong, zelda, metroid and ofcourse Mario. They should create a whole new character.....like Pikmin that game was cool. But don't get me wrong, the games they DO make with the overused characters are always great!
    that would not be cool and they would never do that because those are the character that made nintendo who they are today.

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (> <)

The two armed man!!! Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 11:14 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pita26

Yea nintendo REALLy needs something new....
    My art thread.
    My Deviant Art page.

Thanks for the avvy and sig Bucky Katt!
    Are you a fan?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

no they dont.

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (> <)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default I gotta say for the most part

That pikmin was actually a fun game, just not one of those games I can stand to play for a long time. But they were on the right track to adding a new charater to the series. Now getting rid of the others would just put them into bankruptcy, but if they can work on new characters for a little while(like now would be a good time) then they could actually pull it off. Most people have had enough of the Mario games for awhile, so just get to it now while they have the chance. Thats my opinion, take it for what its worth Nintendo.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

King of Goths Gil is on a distinguished road Gil's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2005 06:43 PM
    Threads

Nintendo has great characters. I don't think they have to create new one,s but they should expand on their classics. Have they ever really showed Samus as a person? What it was like for her growing up and being taught to be a bounty hunter?
    And Fox. Have they ever said much about him?

They also have alot of characters that are underused: Captain Falcon, Kirby, etc. They should perhaps try to build around these underused franchises.

I don't think nintendo should quit the hardware business. The only reason Gamecube failed was that there was no Mario game on launch. If Halo only came out for PC and not for X-Box as originally intended, it would be Nintendo and Sony winning the console wars with X-Box far behind. Nintendo has greatly creative hardware, such as the DS. One should remember that Nintendo has always absolutely dominated the handheld market, with a close second place non-existant. After all, the GBA is the single most selling video gaming hardware in history.

Should nintendo get new guys? Yes
    Should they stop focusing on the old? Definetly Not

www.cheshil.com
    www.cheshil.com/forum

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

Nintendo has more then enough characters and all the mario spin offs are high quality so whats the problem? I agree they should use some of there lesser known charatcer. Read kirby and fox and to a degree samus why have all of them been leftout of the spin offs? Really nintendo has the right amount of charaters and i find it humors that every one picks on nintendo for over using a character. But no one picks on eurocom for killing crash or sega for making to many sonic games with so little variation in the games. But by far the worst offenders are koie and capcom with there dynasty and mega man games. The amount of mario games dosent even come close to the amount of mega man games.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Easy Sega saturn X-mas

One because no one give a flying **** about Crash, and atleast I can count on both hands and toes how many Sonic games there were.(although I don't need that much) And mainly for the fact that Nintendo does that the most and it came to mind sooner. Nintendo will sooner or later fall due to the fact that they reuse the same characters over and over. Lets face it, sooner or later I'm not gonna give a crap about Mario and just quit playing, mainly cuz I've played them all before and they are all boring cuz of the same character over and over and over and over. Now they could use some Star Fox games, Kirby could use a shot even though he just recently had a game out. I mean if it works for them fine, but most systems have variety now and days. Look at Sega now that you've mentioned it. They did reuse Sonic alot and people of sick of it and now look, Sega had to merge with Nintendo to just stay alive. Nintendo will head in the same direction soon if they do not show us some other reason to purchase their systems.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Decendent Of Fianna Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2013 03:47 AM
    Threads

yes they need more fresh ideas for their systems and especially new characters their draing their characters [mario]4 exsample mario is great dont get me wrong but its getting kinda boreing almost doing the same thing on most of their games it would be great if they made good looking charecters and mak more games that are teen or mature or something like that Fans pick the system because of the games so if they had soe new characters in the games it would want to make people to play a demo so they can see if the game is goo/bad if its good most likely to see some1 bye a gamecube to play it or by the game and bring it to a freinds house or some thing like that
    "I have Negative Rep, help me on the quest to obtain 0 rep points"
    Current Rep: -1478 <--Mission Start.
    Thank You To All Supporters

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

One because no one give a flying **** about Crash, and atleast I can count on both hands and toes how many Sonic games there were.(although I don't need that much) And mainly for the fact that Nintendo does that the most and it came to mind sooner. Nintendo will sooner or later fall due to the fact that they reuse the same characters over and over. Lets face it, sooner or later I'm not gonna give a crap about Mario and just quit playing, mainly cuz I've played them all before and they are all boring cuz of the same character over and over and over and over. Now they could use some Star Fox games, Kirby could use a shot even though he just recently had a game out. I mean if it works for them fine, but most systems have variety now and days. Look at Sega now that you've mentioned it. They did reuse Sonic alot and people of sick of it and now look, Sega had to merge with Nintendo to just stay alive. Nintendo will head in the same direction soon if they do not show us some other reason to purchase their systems.
    You have over 40 fingers and toes? Wow thats impresive since thats about how many sonic games there are. Segas death in the console market ha nothing to do with sonic and every thing to do with bad management. Plus sega and nintendo never merged i dont know what your thinking but sega is still just sega. And i doubt youl be calling it seg-tendo any time soon. Fact of the matter is You use the word "I" alot and then at the end at "we". This is funny becuase this is really just how you feel just include "we" when this is largly just you. Sure every one would agree nintendo makes to many mario games but they need a front runner like mario to do what they want. And that is to make a genre simple enough any one can enjoy it from kids too adults. What im trying to say is you may be board with the games but that dosent mean every one is. Or that the games are bad at all just relax because nintendo wont be changing any characters soon if ever.
    Last edited by Sega saturn x; 12-22-2004 at 02:18 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default I'll make a list if you want

1. Sonic
    2. Sonic2
    3. Sonic3
    4. Sonic Pinball
    5. Sonic and Knuckles
    6. about
    7. five
    8. sonic
    9. games
    10. for game gear
    11. sonic adventure battle
    12. sonic adventure battle 2
    13. 3
    14. sonic games
    15. for advance
    16. Sonic Heros
    17. Some old Sonic Music game
    I'm not going to name the mega collection or any remakes of the games since those really don't count, its like including the remake of Ocarina in Time for GC. If you can name anymore go right ahead.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default And I'm very sorry to double post but...

I say "I" because I am stating what I feel, yes. But when I say "we" I am refering to most gamers who have replied the same way I have, not everyone. And as I said previously, I am not saying that they should get rid of all the characters and stop making their games, but they should know when to stop making them for a little while. And Playstation doesn't need a front runner. They do not make the same games over and over with the same characters everytime(except for Dynasty Warriors and everyother game of that company) but they aren't the front runners of the system anyways. So Nintendo could live without one Mario game for atleast half a year, and take that time to make a new constructive character.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Senior Member Zake is on a distinguished road Zake's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2005 09:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_strife1984
    yeah i agree they need some new ideas and characters but they should keep the old characters aswell
    I also agree, they should make new characters that will stick with the old

Admiral von Schneider gohan416 is on a distinguished road gohan416's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2008 05:32 PM
    on the battle field fighting against the cannibal army
    Threads

first of all, i don't eve nknow many of these games. you people have too much time, i am never getting anything nintendo related, my parents won't stand for it. anyway, i think nintendo should come out with new characters. i do manage to play the old Super Nintendo or 64 at my grandparents. (gifts from grandchildren who wanted something to do at their house, but not make it apear that way).

According to the Character test on naruto-kun.com, i am...

Sasuke,
    vengeful, strong, and anti-social.

The irony of it all is that i am really like that, but i am loyal and kind, so yeah...

Death is the High Cost of living!!

I've battled my way through life with all it takes just to get to you. But now I wonder whilst these tears fall from my eyes...was it all a waste of time?

These quotes are made possible by other af members, thanks.

Closed Thread

Thread Information